Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! (13886 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Questions You Will Answer In Youwin 2013 Business Plan Competition / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by LEvuls(m): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tayeni: very modest dream you have. Wow!
menh i bera leav it lyk dat....after listening to update on network news...i hv advise msef.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Tayeni(m): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2013
LEvuls:
menh i bera leav it lyk dat....after listening to update on network news...i hv advise msef.
didnt catch the programme. Wetin them talk wey scare you like that now? grin
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2013
Call us or email for more advice on step by step tips: contact@farmergiantltd.com
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by mukhcech(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2013
.NET:
I won in the maiden edition of YouWIN.

My Business plan was on Information and Communications Technology. I do business in Port Harcourt. In our own time, there were 2 stages, the first stage was where they asked us general questions about the kind of business you are doing/want to do.

I told them that it was a Sole Proprietorship business that I had been running for about 3 years before that time. I explained that the business was growing but seriously needed funding (as the banks were not helping at all).

I told them that I was deeply committed to doing this business. I explained the 4 branches where I expected to reap 'better' money if they helped me with more funding viz:
Internet Service Provision
IT Training
Cloud Computing
Web/Application Development

I made them realize that I was already making profits in the business as at then, but was not satisfied with the level of profit, therefore I needed more money to delve into the areas I listed above.

On the management of my business, I told them that I was the most active person running the business and employed just 2 other people (Actually, this was true). As at that time, I had 2 young people (boy and girl) doing Internship with me. They had just left Secondary School. I did not have to pay them much, but they were happy.

Since my business was based on providing services, I did not offer any off-the-shelf products.

One question they asked was the things that mitigate my business and I told them that Funding was part of the problem. Another problem is Steady Power Supply in Naija. If you are into ICT, you should know how Power affects our business.

There were some other questions they asked us sha, but I cannot remember them all.

2 weeks after submitting, they told me that I had passed the 1st stage and was qualified to go to Benin, Edo State for a training. At the training, I was allowed to sell my idea to a gathering of over 600 people. I think they liked my business idea. Mehn, they taught us a lot of things o.

After the training, we were asked to then submit a holistic plan for the Business (Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc).

Later today, I might talk about the second stage, where you have to submit things like Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc.

They offered me 10M sha.

.NET

What I have in my plan is very similarb to yours buh there is a beautiful and wonderful twists that I hope will be able to help me win the Prize, in sha allah. Can I get ur contact to ask u bout somethings or two. thanks
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Happy Christmas To all our customers. Enjoy the season
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
YouWiN submission extended to January 21. Visit www.farmergiantltd.com for advice on planning for Agricultural businesses FREE
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 2:26am On Jan 06, 2014
YouWiN extend submission to 21 of January. Visit www.farmergiantltd.com to read about writing Agric business plan. 08099515923
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by mona83(f): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
.NET:
I won in the maiden edition of YouWIN.

My Business plan was on Information and Communications Technology. I do business in Port Harcourt. In our own time, there were 2 stages, the first stage was where they asked us general questions about the kind of business you are doing/want to do.

I told them that it was a Sole Proprietorship business that I had been running for about 3 years before that time. I explained that the business was growing but seriously needed funding (as the banks were not helping at all).

I told them that I was deeply committed to doing this business. I explained the 4 branches where I expected to reap 'better' money if they helped me with more funding viz:
Internet Service Provision
IT Training
Cloud Computing
Web/Application Development

I made them realize that I was already making profits in the business as at then, but was not satisfied with the level of profit, therefore I needed more money to delve into the areas I listed above.

On the management of my business, I told them that I was the most active person running the business and employed just 2 other people (Actually, this was true). As at that time, I had 2 young people (boy and girl) doing Internship with me. They had just left Secondary School. I did not have to pay them much, but they were happy.

Since my business was based on providing services, I did not offer any off-the-shelf products.

One question they asked was the things that mitigate my business and I told them that Funding was part of the problem. Another problem is Steady Power Supply in Naija. If you are into ICT, you should know how Power affects our business.

There were some other questions they asked us sha, but I cannot remember them all.

2 weeks after submitting, they told me that I had passed the 1st stage and was qualified to go to Benin, Edo State for a training. At the training, I was allowed to sell my idea to a gathering of over 600 people. I think they liked my business idea. Mehn, they taught us a lot of things o.

After the training, we were asked to then submit a holistic plan for the Business (Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc).

Later today, I might talk about the second stage, where you have to submit things like Cash-Flow Projection, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Demographic Analysis, etc.

They offered me 10M sha.

.NET

Thanks, ".NET" for the valuable insight.
There are however, a few grey areas where I need clarification.
Kindly oblige me.

Under PROFITABILITY
- What are your current and expected sales within the next 12 months..........?
- What amount of sales.....must you achieve to reach profitability.......?
2 people doing the same business and achieving same sales volumes but with varying capital inputs cannot hit profitability in the same month.
Do I calculate my profit based on the sum I request or based on the first grant(which I don't know how much it'll be)?

- When do you expect to achieve this(how many months after receiving your first grant award?
Profit is the difference between revenue and cost/input.
I cannot ordinarily project how much sales I will make if I don't know how much stock I have(or will have).
I can only know this if I know how much the first grant will be.
How can I safely assume a figure, please?

Under FINANCIAL
#1.How much money do you require or expect to need from other sources(i.e. Investors, bank loans etc)
- I do not intend to source for loans/3rd party investors...what I have plus my winnings will be sufficient to give my business a solid footing.
Is it ok if I put 0.00Naira?

Basically, please throw light on the Profitability and Financial sections. I'm totally lost there.

P.S.
Please remember to talk about the 2nd stage you mentioned.
Once again, many thanks for your help.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Angelstartups(f): 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Youwin has created many jobs and still doing so.Nigerians need to begin to imbibe virtues (integrity,honesty,diligence). This is key to rapid economic growth and development.
Angelstartups.com.ng connects entrepreneurs to investors.You should use it.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 10:16am On Dec 10, 2014
YOUWIN 2014 IS OUT!!!!!

YOUWIN stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation In Nigeria. The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (You WiN!) Programme is a collaboration of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Communication Technology (CT), the Ministry of Youth Development and the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development that will launch an annual Business Plan Competition (BPC) for aspiring young entrepreneurs in Nigeria, in line with the Federal Government’s drive to create more jobs for Nigerians. The programme will be implemented in partnership with Nigeria’s private sector, who will be requested to provide funding support. Winners will be selected from a large pool of applicants and they will be trained and thereafter write a second business plan. Final winners will be given grants between N1million to 10 million (FREE).

To participate, Register at: www.youwin.org.ng For tips on how to write an effective winning business plan, especially for Agriculture, send us an email: farmergiant@gmail.com or Visit us at No 56 Shasha Road, Akowonjo, Lagos. We will be happy and ready to assist you!
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by ikanason(m): 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Is it still on?
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
ikanason:
Is it still on?
yes
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 12:43am On Mar 15, 2015
YOUWIN 2015 ends today; 15th March 2015, Have you applied for yours? You can still apply and submit before it finally closes. Do not miss out on this wonderful governmental grant. People have won it, you could be the next winner. If in doubt on anything about YOUWIN, please call 08099515923 or 08095645892 now.
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by princejude(m): 11:46am On Sep 04, 2015
September Arrivals

ISD1820 Voice Recording Module
TDA2030 Amplifier Module
W5100 Ethernet Shield
9 Pin 10k A09-103 Resistor pack
8 Channel Relay module
microSD Card Module
CP2102 USB-TO-TTL
L7805CV
ST Link V2
STM32F103C8T6 ARM Minimum Board
Electronic Door Lock
MB-102 (830 Point) Bread Board
20cm Dupont male – female
20cm Dupont male – male
GPS Receiver
MG995 Metal Gear Servo
MG90S Metal Gear Mini Servo
SG90 Mini Servo
Stepper Motor with ULN2003 motor driver board
LM35 Temperature Sensor
HLK-PM01 AC-DC 220V to 5V mini power supply
RFID NFC PN532 Shield
MLX90614 Contactless Temperature Sensor Module
DHT11 Temperature And Relative Humidity Sensor Module
Servo Pan/Tilt Anti-Vibration Camera Mount
Kinsten Positive Acting Presensitized Single-sided PCB PP1015 (10×15)cm x 1.6mm
Kinsten Positive Acting Presensitized Double-sided PCB PP1015 (10×15)cm x 1.6mm
FR4 PCB Single Side Copper Clad Board. 70 x 100 x 1.5 mm
FR4 PCB Double-Side Copper Clad Board, 150 * 100 * 1.6 mm
1W Zener diode 3.3v -30V
DIY KIT GSM GPRS 900 – 1800 MHz Short Message Service SMS module
Robotic Arm
MQ-137 Ammonia Gas Sensor
PH Level Sensor Module
Re: YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! by Farmafric(m): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Raid: Is This An End To "Sacred Cows" In The Business Community? / Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi / FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.