Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education (5159 Views)

July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife / Diploma In Local Govt Studies( Oau,ile-ife,osun State) / Oau Ile Ife 2009/2010 Admission List! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by phtemie(m): 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
Davo93: With all the development this, development that in ICT in OAU, students are still being taught Fortran without a chalkboard/Marker-Board to explain things in Amphi theartre... God help Nigerian varsities.
Lolz..Guy you be kill-joy..You just weakened the euphoric feelings OAU students developed at the hearing of the news.

Congrats to OAU for the ground-breaking development..Full execution is what we need now.
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by Alenkakent(m): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
Stewpeed and lazy lecturers and management...
What's there to celebrate when they've refused to graduate 2011/2012 graduating set and we are almost in 2014...
Y? Cos they have refused to mobilize most of this set since they finished due to the lazy attitude of most depts...
I hate that school... Alma mata koo... Alma suarez nii
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by dharrey2012: 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
phtemie:
Lolz..Guy you be kill-joy..You just weakened the euphoric feelings OAU students developed at the hearing of the news.

Congrats to OAU for the ground-breaking development..Full execution is what we need now.
well i finished from oau and i must say u r wrong bout this comment, CSC was an elective over two semesters, wif d first semester theoretical (taught in Amphi) and d oda practical session where each of us had access to computers to run our programs for lyk 6periods. Dis was a class as large as 1000 students.
I must say i was impressed wif d way d practical classes were coordinated though i had reservations on outdated 'fortran programme' den and relivance to my field as a Biological scientist.
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by Cwhyte(m): 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
There's only one Great Ife in the universe, another Great Ife is a counterfeit.
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by easyz(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Good one. But there is something like this in university of ibadan.
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by roland2rule(m): 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
ibukun obi: PRIDE PROMOTES JEALOUSY
NIGERIANS WORSHIP NAME OF SCHOOLS
NIGERIAN WORSHIPS PAPER CERTIFICATES
WAS DANGOTE, ADENUGA, OTEDOLA THAT EMPLOYED YOU FROM IFE
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THERE IS NO GROWTH IN NIGERIA
WE ADORE IFE CERTIFICATES AS IF OUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT
WE DESTROY CRAFTY ARTS, TECHNICAL EDUCATION BECAUSE WE WANT TO BOAST IN THE SOCIETY THAT WE ACQUIRE A SUPERIOR CERT THAT WILL NEVER TAKE NIGERIA TO ANY LEVEL
AT TIMES I GO TO SPEND TIMES OFFSHORE, I MEET TECHNICALLY SOUND TECHNICIANS FROM KOREA, INDIA AND OTHER COUNTRIES, THEY NEVER WENT TO GREAT IFE AND THEY EARN ABOVE 1 M.
NIGERIANS ARE JUST PURSUING EMPTY BARRELS FOR POLITICAL SUPERIORITY
SOME EVEN WANT TO BE A PROFESSOR JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TO OPRESS OTHERS
I WILL STILL KEEP PRAYING FOR THIS COUNTRY.

Who are u?
If u wish us GOOD o ma jere and if u wish us BAD,o ma se ofu ni..... D choice is urs.....

Bleep haters, I REP gr8 IFE....
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by michealade(m): 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
Davo93: Really? So, how does that fellow sound? cheesy
he sounds stupid at times and he Zz my roommate
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by aydotcome: 11:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
God bless Ife.
Cheers.
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by Olanireti(m): 3:26am On Nov 23, 2013
Wat a great development 2 my great sch. Api 2 be a student of Oba Awon University. I rep MATERIAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING DEPT. Of d greatest ife, GREAT !!!
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by seniorboy1(m): 5:01am On Nov 23, 2013
ibukun obi: PRIDE PROMOTES JEALOUSY
NIGERIANS WORSHIP NAME OF SCHOOLS
NIGERIAN WORSHIPS PAPER CERTIFICATES
WAS DANGOTE, ADENUGA, OTEDOLA THAT EMPLOYED YOU FROM IFE
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THERE IS NO GROWTH IN NIGERIA
WE ADORE IFE CERTIFICATES AS IF OUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT
WE DESTROY CRAFTY ARTS, TECHNICAL EDUCATION BECAUSE WE WANT TO BOAST IN THE SOCIETY THAT WE ACQUIRE A SUPERIOR CERT THAT WILL NEVER TAKE NIGERIA TO ANY LEVEL
AT TIMES I GO TO SPEND TIMES OFFSHORE, I MEET TECHNICALLY SOUND TECHNICIANS FROM KOREA, INDIA AND OTHER COUNTRIES, THEY NEVER WENT TO GREAT IFE AND THEY EARN ABOVE 1 M.
NIGERIANS ARE JUST PURSUING EMPTY BARRELS FOR POLITICAL SUPERIORITY
SOME EVEN WANT TO BE A PROFESSOR JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TO OPRESS OTHERS
I WILL STILL KEEP PRAYING FOR THIS COUNTRY.
Oya tell me is ur father as rich as otedola, dangote and adenuga's fatehers Mr. Kindly rate Nigeria and India technology. Are we on the same level? Use ur brain to think. Consider SLS, Soludo, Wole Shoyinka, Okonjo Iweala, Barth Nnaji, Akin Akinfenwa and so on and then appreciate education.
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by Davo93(m): 5:57am On Nov 23, 2013
michealade: he sounds stupid at times and he Zz my roommate
Ok
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 23, 2013
I'm so happy for my school. Sure there is a reason OAU is 8th in Africa

I rep yellow house!
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by Xyge(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2013
michealade: is a counterfeit
no,.. Na canfalit..
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by misterjosh(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2013
Pls wia on campus is d centre ooo, mak I go look d place?
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 23, 2013
mister josh: Pls wia on campus is d centre ooo, mak I go look d place?
Behind intecu building
Re: OAU Ile-Ife To Reform E-learning In Education by God2man(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
born2lead01: OAU Moves to Reform e-Learning
in Education By Emma Okonji

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife is strategising to reform e-learning as next paradigm shift in 21st century education, following the launch of its Centre of Excellence in software engineering recently at the University.

The centre, which was supported by Step-B/World Bank with a grant of $5.6 million has the following facilities: Internet access laboratory, software studio, cloud computing centre, Telepresence, hardware design and software engineering laboratories respectively.

The Nigerian Skye Bank also supported the project with a building worth N180 million. The facility which is the first of its kind, has the capacity to accommodate about 1200 students per use.

The establishment of the centre of excellence in software engineering is expected to solve the challenges of training Science and Technology teachers in the 21st century.

If fully utilised the centre is also expected to address paucity of educational software that utilises teaching aids such as simulation, animations and graphics for teaching and learning of science and technology post basic courses.

Unveiling the centre recently , the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Bamitale Omole, told the gathering that the major mission of the University with respect to Information and Communications Technology (ICT), as documented in the Strategic Plan (2010-2015), was to run a cost efficient and effective academic programmes and institutional management. He said with the facilities at the centre, teachers and students could interact seamlessly without having to be together in the traditional classroom environment.

With most Universities embracing e- learning globally with modern technologies, he disclosed that the mission was to develop ICT to a level such that it would serve as backbone of the university’s development strategy in teaching, curriculum development, innovation, research, administration and service.

During the tour of the facilities within the Centre, Head of Department, Computer Science, Prof. Adesola Aderounmu, who doubles as the Vice President, Nigeria Compute Society (NCS), explained that the centre would create enabling environment for imparting knowledge in science and technology using ICT driven, participatory and student centre teaching and learning approaches.

According to him, the goal of the centre was to develop the required local science and technology human resources for the nation's post basic institutions with built-in functional ICT capacity. Explaining further the benefits of the facilities, he said the telepresence had been equipped with Huawei TP3118 product, which is tri-screen telepresence system with one row of conference tables seating eighteen participants.

This, he said, would bring people together in a best ever virtual meeting experience. "Synergy between people creates value, reduces cost and help to stay ahead of competition. Lecture delivery to large class and web conferencing are some of the advantages of using the facilities", Aderounmu said.

According to him, the Cloud Computing environment consists of 7.7 TB cloud server for applications and operating systems and cloud storage of 96TB with 500 virtual terminals. With CaaS as one of the services deployed in the OAU cloud, he added that web conferencing, video communication services, emails among others, would help the academic community in e-learning environment.

A memorandum of understanding was also signed between the University and Chams Plc on technical partnership for development of software applications and solutions.

As a way of ensuring implementation of the memorandum, OAU shall make available office space and work area for the project coordinators and group developers within the university premises while Chams shall provide necessary tools for every developer on the team.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oau-moves-to-reform-e-learning-in-education/155759/

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Become A Lecturer, How Can I Develop My Career. / 11 Of The Most Brilliant Swear Words From Around The World ( Naija Made The Cut) / 2011 Nda Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.