Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant (9554 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by GetGuide: 10:20am On Nov 23, 2013
Good one
This will create jobs
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by PHIPEX(m): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2013
I wish all those Nigerians in the diaspora who have seen the very best in developed countries and are too quick to condemn Nigeria will toe this line. Come home and invest, complaining alone doesn't change a country.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by IGBOSON1: 10:25am On Nov 23, 2013
picoba:
Some dont read before comment.
This industry is not own by federal Govt.

^^^Good eye! And i might add also that it's not part-owned by the state Governor as well!

Hopefully, even more investments would be attracted to Enugu when the new terminal is up and running, and with constant power supply to the state.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Beync(f): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2013
lovat: Is it not this same ENUGU that is the crime centre in Nigeria? This kind of investment will not be possible if it was really true.
Enugu is far more better than the cave where you crawl out from tongue

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by snoopzilla: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2013
this is a very good development and it must be commended.
Kudos to Jonathan, we hope to see more of these all over Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by eaglechild: 10:28am On Nov 23, 2013
Excellent development!
We need more incentives to encourage our local investors.

Especially with regard to land allocation and taxation.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by ikweremilitant: 10:30am On Nov 23, 2013
omokidew: Another assembly plant. tongue
na jelousy go kil u.hw many dy ur state.may amadioha strike u if u mention lagos ofeke

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Tinyemeka(m): 10:35am On Nov 23, 2013
Been using the dispenser at the office for the past 8 months. White Horse as far as I can remember has been assembling since last year.

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by leofab(f): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2013
ikwere militant: na jelousy go kil u.hw many dy ur state.may amadioha strike u if u mention lagos ofeke
Take away Lagos from them and they are Mute and useless(I wish the F.G can cede Lagos to Benin Republic in the next civil war)... The same acclaimed Lagos that they didn't contribute up to 30% of the development...

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Ikem11(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2013
mejai: Abeg oga presido jona, don't forget to pull over at udi to join me for a keg of mmanya ocha wit bush meat, dEn we put am for reverse gear till we reach eze street....ebe ife nile na eme.
Ka anyi tawa abacha. Don't forgeT o
okwa unu afugo
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Tinyemeka(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2013
prem love: I talk am say this fresh air go block my nose, road smooth like my skin fan dey blow my yansh any how and some people say jona no dey work abeg jona all the way till 2019
Sorry. Zenith Bank PLC. Not GEJ. smiley
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by MEILYN(m): 11:04am On Nov 23, 2013
Whats all this commissioning and commissioning all about? What Jonathan needs to commission is his damn self. Mtcheeew, nobody gat time for this commissioning stuff. grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by gerald09(m): 11:18am On Nov 23, 2013
paulworld: Ok ok, any update about ASUU strike please
FG/GEJ is no more holding ASUU, they are d 1s holding demselves. When Mr President said ASUU Strike was politics we pounced on him lick b*itches on heat. Yeah GEJ probably have messed up in some places (probably cos he trust people ezly) thumbs up on this. Let's see how long it survives the "Nigerian weather".

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by basty: 11:23am On Nov 23, 2013
Bad caption, Enugu plant of what?
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 23, 2013
basilo101: Industrialisation by local entrepreneurs remains d best approach. It may be slow bt more sustainable on d long run. All these govnors packing white men to d state beta hv a rethink

That's what I like abt SErn enterprises, they are mostly indigenous and private sector driven.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by youngmonie: 12:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
now thats this spirit, rather than importing this things at a much higher cost,,, we can assemble them here!!....HATS OF TO MR CHIKA
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
I love the way IBOS fulfil dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by geeez: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
Congrats Enugu

E reach for GEJ to commission

First in the SE/SS

200 jobs

Na landmark achievement

Congrats once again
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Erotex(m): 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
If not for injustice in Naija SS for be our Dubai while SE for be our Japan!!

Goodluck till further notice!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by izuplayspiano(m): 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
Beync: Enugu is far more better than the cave where you crawl out from tongue
You read what he said in reverse order. I advice you go back and read again...this time, slower.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
I remember about the time we left school and going for NYSC on my way to pick up my call-up, I saw a site very close to the express on Egede side of the road being cleared. Please can someone tell me if that is where the factory is or was it the rumored cattle market that is there?

@people's reactions: It is so sad how people trivialize issues here on NL (I will take it it is just for the fun), the truth is any achievement made in any part of the country robs off on everyone no matter where you are in the country. Imagine taking away would be 200 unemployment people; who could as well be a menace to the society. Someone might think, yea since the company is in Enugu, it probably will take away about those number of jobless youth out the street of Enugu, but unfortunately, if the "now employed" were to be a menace to the society I am sure their actions could affect anyone in the country no matter where you from. So many people have been robbed outside their states by people from other areas. My point is any good deed done inn any part of the country is good to everyone in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Feraz(m): 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
Beync: Enugu is far more better than the cave where you crawl out from tongue
Calm down. He actually wasn't insulting Enugu. He meant that that report about Enugu being the crime city of Nigeria must be flawed if this kinda investment is there. That you can't have a big investment where the crime rate is very high so he meant good.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by scantee(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
wahoo good news coming out from my beloved State. Enugu obodo ihe nile na eme...GEJ till 2019..ka ogazieri umu afo igbo nile o. haters go mob ocean..
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Chartey(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
lovat: Is it not this same ENUGU that is the crime centre in Nigeria? This kind of investment will not be possible if it was really true.
So you now see that Turkish Airlines and Fly Emirates too don't mind the 'violence' in Kano and they in fact prefer there to Enugu.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by enm(m): 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
Feraz: Calm down. He actually wasn't insulting Enugu. He meant that that report about Enugu being the crime city of Nigeria must be flawed if this kinda investment is there. That you can't have a big investment where the crime rate is very high so he meant good.

Thank you bros for wiping away the tears from my eyes by correcting them. Dem sabi read but to comprehend na their problem. Abi na only first line dem they read before they make comment

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Beync(f): 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
izuplayspiano:
You read what he said in reverse order. I advice you go back and read again...this time, slower.
kk, I will reread the comment... this time, with a bigger google.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Beync(f): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
Feraz: Calm down. He actually wasn't insulting Enugu. He meant that that report about Enugu being the crime city of Nigeria must be flawed if this kinda investment is there. That you can't have a big investment where the crime rate is very high so he meant good.
kk, I got it.
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2013
PHIPEX: I wish all those Nigerians in the diaspora who have seen the very best in developed countries and are too quick to condemn Nigeria will toe this line. Come home and invest, complaining alone doesn't change a country.

[b]I am one of those who complain from the diaspora. We want to return but unfortunately we cannot.

I myself cannot leave a better option only to return to suffer with my fellow Nigerians. That'll be stu.pid of me.

Look at it this way, I'm an MSc student in Medicine but I'm currently working as a Laboratory assistant and I earn a little over 200k a month + a tuition waiver for my MSc programme. I also get to participate in different researches which broadens my knowledge in Medicine.

After work and school, I go back home to 24 hours power, put on my TV or listen to some music, maybe go see my girlfriend with no traffic or potholes on the road. Come back later and off to bed, and then wake up by 8am in the morning.

Now I ask you, would you advise me to return to a country where the only option open to me for work as a Medicine student is at the hospital.

Where I'll get to meet pissed off patience, some who have fought and destroyed themselves with bottles and cutlass.

Accident victims who has lost a limb or leg in a motor or okada crash. Nobody comes for medical check up unless they fall sick, so my day in the office must be an "emergency".

And after a hectic day attending to xx patients as we call it, and meeting people who don't know how to show "respect" just because they're paying for the service.

Only to go back home in a bus cramped up with people like goods, no air conditioning, noisy, a crazy driver and a conductor who keep shouting the same CMS-CMS at the top of his voice over and over again.

Pass through heavy traffic, potholes and get home only to discover that there's no power.

Tired and frustrated, I'll pick up my plastic container to buy petrol, maybe take an okada to the filling station, queue, buy and return to my house.

Put on my gen and go to the bathroom for a cool shower but realised there's no water. I'll have to carry my generator outside to pump water first and that's only when I'll relax and the next day I must wake up as early as 5AM because I want to beat traffic.

This Sir is the life of an average Nigerian working in Nigeria. When I see a Nigerian in Nigeria I see suffering and frustration. I used to see that look in my father's eyes when I was younger.

Let the Govt fix power first and I can assure you that 30% of Nigerians will return within the 1st year, myself included and then we can start the nation building.

But for now, I'll be more comfortable attending to "white" people who see both the rich and poor as equals and say thank you for service rendered unlike Nigerians who call sales girls "Hey, where you?"

Goodluck
[/b]
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Emytexboy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
prem love: I talk am say this fresh air go block my nose, road smooth like my skin fan dey blow my yansh any how and some people say jona no dey work abeg jona all the way till 2019
grincheesygrincheesy
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Emytexboy(m): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
what is that supposed to mean undecided any way shat, we go manage am like that grin dont worry ur self. fresh air tinzzzzz tongue
Re: Jonathan To Commission Enugu Plant by Emytexboy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
fressssssssssshhhhhhhh air tinzzzzz for my coal city grin haters make una dieeeeeeee! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Price Fall May Continue Till 2017 – OPEC / Fayemi Gives Free UTME Forms To 5,000 Admission Seekers / The Enugu Season Of Baptism And The Story Of A Pampered City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.