Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:50 PM

All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. (2530 Views)

Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Ranchhoddas: 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
texanomaly: @ Rationalmind and macof

My point is that we need to be careful when we start rationalizing everything. Sure you can use the same argument on either incidence, but to what end? Your rationalization of everything will ultimately lead to chaos and confusion. There has to be a point where common sense takes over. You can cry all day that everything should be looked at rationally, but in the end there has to be a moral compass. I'm not saying it must be from a religious point of view. Who decides though? You, me, the guy down the street?

I was pointing out where this type of thinking can lead. Where do we stop saying everything is ok, because nothing is intrinsically wrong?
i totally agree.what i have against incest is not religious or cultural or whatever.too much rationalization can be dangerous.wetin sef!!
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
texanomaly: @ Rationalmind and macof

My point is that we need to be careful when we start rationalizing everything. Sure you can use the same argument on either incidence, but to what end? Your rationalization of everything will ultimately lead to chaos and confusion. There has to be a point where common sense takes over. You can cry all day that everything should be looked at rationally, but in the end there has to be a moral compass. I'm not saying it must be from a religious point of view. Who decides though? You, me, the guy down the street?

I was pointing out where this type of thinking can lead. Where do we stop saying everything is ok, because nothing is intrinsically wrong?

I think trying to tell people how to live their lives is what will lead to confusion and chaos most especially when there are little or no obvious implications of living their lives that way.

I get your point, and I find homosexuality repulsive so also ince.st. But who am I to force my values on others. Who am I to decide for others what pleases them when they aren't in anyway hurting me?

You live in a secular nation, since the legalization of homosexuality, have you noticed any form of chaos and confusion?
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ranchhoddas: I am still trying to deal with my homophobia and you come up with this...yuck!yuck!yuck!

grin, maybe this will help you get over your homophobia
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
aManFromMars: Actually, the only person I'm interested in holding this discussion with is Weigraf. I suspect we may be the only ones here that hold no faith in humanity, lol. And a really serious discussion with him on this section might be unpalatable for most readers.

grin

shockedshockedshocked
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by wiegraf: 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
aManFromMars: Actually, the only person I'm interested in holding this discussion with is Weigraf. I suspect we may be the only ones here that hold no faith in humanity, lol. And a really serious discussion with him on this section might be unpalatable for most readers.

grin

And I don't even make the laws, so I fail to see the problem. They should be mad at logic and nature, not me

That said, another Herr einstein is something like; nature is indifferent, not malicious
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by UyiIredia(m): 11:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
rationalmind:

Thanks bro for the input. Bt it appears when inbreeding is done with the use of contraception, it poses no obvious problem to the gene pool.

In fact, plaetton's post on the matter is only partially true. A number of incestous relationships, even between brother and sister, have produced normal kids. The GREATER hereditary risk comes with consistent inc€$tous breeding over several generations. In fact, consistent breeding within a small group, which isn't inc€$tous is of greater risk as the Amish and Afrikaans show.

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by texanomaly(f): 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
rationalmind:

I think trying to tell people how to live their lives is what will lead to confusion and chaos most especially when there are little or no obvious implications of living their lives that way.

I get your point, and I find homosexuality repulsive so also ince.st. But who am I to force my values on others. Who am I to decide for others what pleases them when they aren't in anyway hurting me?

You live in a secular nation, since the legalization of homosexuality, have you noticed any form of chaos and confusion?

First of all it's not legal in the US. It's just not illegal. Sodomy, however, is illegal in the state of Texas. Go figure. undecided

There is no use arguing with any of you. You claim to be logical, but only if the logic coincides with your viewpoint.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by UyiIredia(m): 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
wiegraf:

And what happens when we let to adult males stick pipis down their backsides? What's next, they'll stick it down yours? Or they'll stick it down boys? Think of the children??

Okay. So we let adult males stick their sticks down your black ar$€. Then we let em stick it through, I dunno, your mouth. Then they have another random with some folks they see on the street irregardless of age, gender or $€x. Cool cool

wiegraf:
Silly appeals to emotions are just that: silly

And why in the whargabl did that have to warf of your wang.

wiegraf:
Pedophilia, incest, homosexuality; different issues.

Moreso, when compared to racism and interracial marriage.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by UyiIredia(m): 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
rationalmind:

So long as its mutual between the sibling and the parent and both of them are adults, what's anybody's business with what they do with their body?

What you do with your body affects me and other folks on way or another.

rationalmind:
I'm not saying it should be done when both parties are not consenting.

Why can't it ? In fact, why shouldn't someone seek the pleasure of non-consensual $€x.

rationalmind:
That would amount to r.ape and is punishable under the law.

Funny. *thinks to self* Many folks dislike r@pe. I'll try feel you out on this one.

rationalmind:
Remember we are talking about adults here. Doing it with teenage daughters or sons who are not of age amounts to paedophilia and is still punishable under the law.

So it is . . . unfortunately undecided

rationalmind:
cheesy, you tried to take your religious n cultural biases out of it but I still see it coming to play.

Everyone has a freaking bias. No one here better pretend he has none. I swear I would wish shoot such a person DEAD to make my point: dead folks have no bias.

rationalmind:
Well, on account of the above, you failed to show why its idiotic. I'm sorry.

Your bias right there.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

What you do with your body affects me and other folks on way or another.

Why can't it ? In fact, why shouldn't someone seek the pleasure of non-consensual $€x.

Funny. *thinks to self* Many folks dislike r@pe. I'll try feel you out on this one.

So it is . . . unfortunately undecided

Everyone has a freaking bias. No one here better pretend he has none. I swear I would wish shoot such a person DEAD to make my point: dead folks have no bias.

Your bias right there.

and how does what i do with my body affect you. Remb we r talking about homosexuality n ince.st.

U asking why shouldnt anyone seek the pleasure of non-consensual sex is the same as asking why shouldnt anyone seek the pleasure of rape which is also the same as asking why shouldnt anyone seek the pleasure of murder.

Abeg, shift. I wan sleep
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by wiegraf: 12:02am On Nov 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. So we let adult males stick their sticks down your black ar$€. Then we let em stick it through, I dunno, your mouth. Then they have another random with some folks they see on the street irregardless of age, gender or $€x. Cool cool

And why in the whargabl did that have to warf of your wang.

Moreso, when compared to racism and interracial marriage.

Goot, goot. This is more like uyi I know. The embodiment of senselessness.

3 Likes

Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by onetrack(m): 12:17am On Nov 24, 2013
There is, in my mind, a big difference between simply opposing homosexuality and wanting homosexuals put in prison. Same with incest. While I'm not a big fan of either, I am totally against prosecuting them and locking them up. I am also not against gay marriage, but if a community opposes gay marriage or incest marriage then I respect that.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by UyiIredia(m): 12:18am On Nov 24, 2013
wiegraf:

Goot, goot. This is more like uyi I know. The embodiment of senselessness.

The chickens have retuned once again to roost on this fool's brain. Enjoy.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 24, 2013
onetrack: There is, in my mind, a big difference between simply opposing homosexuality and wanting homosexuals put in prison. Same with incest. While I'm not a big fan of either, I am totally against prosecuting them and locking them up. I am also not against gay marriage, but if a community opposes gay marriage or incest marriage then I respect that.

Some atheists are truly funny.....you are indifferent towards gay marriage but then you would respect a community that opposes it.

Nonsense.

Some atheists here cant even differentiate btween homosexuality and inbreeding.

One carries the risk of deformed offsprings and the other doesnt.

One shows a laziness to find romance outside his or her family.

Btw, i have already mentioned that incest should not bé a jailable offense. At worst, some counselling but that doesnt solve much
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by wiegraf: 6:50am On Nov 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Some atheists are truly funny.....you are indifferent towards gay marriage but then you would respect a community that opposes it.

Nonsense.

Some atheists here cant even differentiate btween homosexuality and inbreeding.

One carries the risk of deformed offsprings and the other doesnt.

One shows a laziness to find romance outside his or her family.

Btw, i have already mentioned that incest should not bé a jailable offense. At worst, some counselling but that doesnt solve much

Contrary to whatever silly ideas you have in your head, we are not a religion, cult or whatever, so I fail to see where the problem is with differences of opinion. One simple thing binds us. Posting as if there's some doctrine we're supposed to follow.

Adults want to stick pipis in each other, lazy or otherwise, how's that you business again? Risks of inbreeding do not show up until generations pass, and even if. Ask cleopatra or any small secluded island population (though other things could come into play in this situation). Not to mention, do we treat people like tools now? Here to make only babies you find acceptable? Gays can't even make babies, so what exactly is your problem? Anal sex is also more likely to lead to AIDS, see? Let's get rid of them as well.

This is another one of those cases where you don't give a $hit as it does not personally affect you, or it impacts whatever agenda you have negatively. Not cool

3 Likes

Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2013
wiegraf:

Contrary to whatever silly ideas you have in your head, we are not a religion, cult or whatever, so I fail to see where the problem is with differences of opinion. One simple thing binds us. Posting as if there's some doctrine we're supposed to follow.

Adults want to stick pipis in each other, lazy or otherwise, how's that you business again? Risks of inbreeding do not show up until generations pass, and even if. Ask cleopatra or any small secluded island population (though other things could come into play in this situation). Not to mention, do we treat people like tools now? Here to make only babies you find acceptable? Gays can't even make babies, so what exactly is your problem? Anal sex is also more likely to lead to AIDS, see? Let's get rid of them as well.

This is another one of those cases where you don't give a $hit as it does not personally affect you, or it impacts whatever agenda you have negatively. Not cool

cheesy Nice one bro
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
wiegraf:

How silly. I never argued that because he is an atheist he must believe something...

I made two solid points

1. You cant bé inddiferent to gay marriage then respect communities that dislike gay marriage. Contradiction.

2. There is a difference between inbreeding and homosexuality.

So so simple.

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by MrTroll(m): 7:46am On Nov 25, 2013
@Tex, i really didn't get your contribution to this topic o undecided

That being said, what comes to mind is the medical implications inherent in it. There was a case of a german couple(forgotten much of the details now), brothers and sisters both adults. They were severally prosecuted and jailed but they continued having their relationship and had 4 children, 3 of which were deformed. . .

So, in my view, except for the quite high risk of genetic disorders in the offsprings which should warrant govt regulation, i think they should be left alone.

Personally, i find both in.cest and homo unsavoury but i don't support jailing them. In.cest though poses some risk to the unborn. . .
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 25, 2013
Mr Troll: @Tex, i really didn't get your contribution to this topic o undecided

That being said, what comes to mind is the medical implications inherent in it. There was a case of a german couple(forgotten much of the details now), brothers and sisters both adults. They were severally prosecuted and jailed but they continued having their relationship and had 4 children, 3 of which were deformed. . .

So, in my view, except for the quite high risk of genetic disorders in the offsprings which should warrant govt regulation, i think they should be left alone.

Personally, i find both in.cest and homo unsavoury but i don't support jailing them. In.cest though poses some risk to the unborn. . .

Gbam........very simple
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by wiegraf: 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

How silly. I never argued that because he is an atheist he must believe something...

I made two solid points

1. You cant bé inddiferent to gay marriage then respect communities that dislike gay marriage. Contradiction.

2. There is a difference between inbreeding and homosexuality.

So so simple.

Lb, in what logical framework are these 'solid points'?

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
wiegraf:

Lb, in what logical framework are these 'solid points'?

Guy, how the hell am I supposed to answer dat tongue

Why not explain why they are not solid points?

1 Like

Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by NativeBoy: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
macof: Abraham married his sister
Nahor(Abraham's bro) married Haran's(another bro) daughter

Isaac married Nahor's daughter
Jacob married Laban's(son of Nahor) daughters(two sisters)

Judah married his sons wife

So let me see Christians condemn the above people first.

As for homos, Jesus was more gay than straight

To respect the OPs wishes, I will stay out if this thread, but I would not let macof get away with his comment. It is a fundamental error some make. Just because something is documented in the bible doesn't mean it is endorsed by God.

That's all I have to say. Please continue this thread. I'm curious to know what conclusions will be reached knowing that some of you are abroad and others are in Nigeria. Will it be that some will accept homosexuality, incest, etc since they live in the west and thereby whatever the white man espouses must be good for us all and we backward africans must espouse as well.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by texanomaly(f): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy:

To respect the OPs wishes, I will stay out if this thread, but I would not let macof get away with his comment. It is a fundamental error some make. Just because something is documented in the bible doesn't mean it is endorsed by God.

That's all I have to say. Please continue this thread. I'm curious to know what conclusions will be reached knowing that some of you are abroad and others are in Nigeria. Will it be that some will accept homosexuality, incest, etc since they live in the west and thereby whatever the white man espouses must be good for us all and we backward africans must espouse as well.
While homosexuality is accepted in some parts of western culture, it is not acceptable to everyone. As for in,cest, what Western cultures accept this behavior?
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by texanomaly(f): 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy:

And one more thing, don't judge an entire race because of the action of some.

Park well jor!!!!!!
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by NativeBoy: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
texanomaly:

And one more thing, don't judge an entire race because of the action of some.

Park well jor!!!!!!

I was speaking generally. I know that not all western cultures accept homosexuality. Most do but not all.

I wasn't judging the individual. I was speaking at the nations that comprise western civilization as a whole.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by macof(m): 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy:

Lol nativeboy.

U know am right.

If god blessed such marriages and such behavior because it was part of the peoples culture.

God cannot start punishing people who do dat now
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by wiegraf: 4:26am On Nov 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, how the hell am I supposed to answer dat tongue

Why not explain why they are not solid points?

The fear, lb, is that I'll have to endure more 'solid' points if we continue.

Anyways, first off, are you saying it's impossible to respect your opponent, let alone someone you're indifferent to? Really?

Next 2 != 4, true, but where did anybody state they were? What was stated is they're both even numbers, and the laws should be applied for all even numbers, simple.

The only case for criminalizing it has already been dealt with; the genetic issues. Again, those ate not guaranteed, see the Ptolemy family for instance, or the various pedo dads caught every once in a while. I believe Cleopatra was even hawt. So even with direct incest peoblems dont tend to show up immediately. See small island
Communities or even slightly bigger eg Iceland, for less direct cases. Or dog breeds, not all ate unhealthy, no? After they reach a certain mass even the unhealthy breeds lose many of the issues, but they have to get to that mass first.

So, again, consistency. Are you also going to prevent say sicklers from having kids? Or what of those that breed like rabbits irresponsibly? Do we go the way of China (they won't arrest you there sef, they'll tax you heavily though). Bottom line is who now draws the line dictating the kind of children you're allowed to birth? At the extreme levels, do we ban dwarfs or even black man? Some think us inferior, no?

We don't treat human beings like tools and afford them certain rights when we can for various reasons, mostly our value system. We also (generally) try to be fair and consistent.

Note, I personally would support punishing irresponsible parenting in general, but that's another issue. Unhealthy dog breeds sef I'd push for a ban, as I don't see why bring in a being in pain just for mostly entertainment purposes.

Mobile browser is a chore to use, so I'll leave it at that, for now. And really, it should be just enough.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 26, 2013
link

First I've heard of the Ptolemic family. I taya for weigraf sometimes sha.. grin

http://www.stephaniedray.com/2012/01/12/keeping-it-in-the-ptolemaic-family-when-incest-is-best/

EDIT: For some weird reason, the link isn't working.
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by wiegraf: 4:36am On Nov 26, 2013
NativeBoy:

You should have done that rather than clown around, as I've not heard of this oyinbo communities that endorse incest. Also, please show how the often portrayed as blue eyed yet Jewish but definitely white Jesus was the god of your ancestors.

And I've not been abroad for quite some time, though true, I do admire bits of their culture. Actually, I admire bits from any and every culture, as I don't look at skin color. That's really foo.lish
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by wiegraf: 4:40am On Nov 26, 2013
aManFromMars: link

First I've heard of the Ptolemic family. I taya for weigraf sometimes sha.. grin

Humans, we greedy martian. Even genes we do not want to share...
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 26, 2013
wiegraf:

The fear, lb, is that I'll have to endure more 'solid' points if we continue.

Anyways, first off, are you saying it's impossible to respect your opponent, let alone someone you're indifferent to? Really?

Next 2 != 4, true, but where did anybody state they were? What was stated is they're both even numbers, and the laws should be applied for all even numbers, simple.

The only case for criminalizing it has already been dealt with; the genetic issues. Again, those ate not guaranteed, see the Ptolemy family for instance, or the various pedo dads caught every once in a while. I believe Cleopatra was even hawt. So even with direct incest peoblems dont tend to show up immediately. See small island
Communities or even slightly bigger eg Iceland, for less direct cases. Or dog breeds, not all ate unhealthy, no? After they reach a certain mass even the unhealthy breeds lose many of the issues, but they have to get to that mass first.

So, again, consistency. Are you also going to prevent say sicklers from having kids? Or what of those that breed like rabbits irresponsibly? Do we go the way of China (they won't arrest you there sef, they'll tax you heavily though). Bottom line is who now draws the line dictating the kind of children you're allowed to birth? At the extreme levels, do we ban dwarfs or even black man? Some think us inferior, no?

We don't treat human beings like tools and afford them certain rights when we can for various reasons, mostly our value system. We also (generally) try to be fair and consistent.

Note, I personally would support punishing irresponsible parenting in general, but that's another issue. Unhealthy dog breeds sef I'd push for a ban, as I don't see why bring in a being in pain just for mostly entertainment purposes.

Mobile browser is a chore to use, so I'll leave it at that, for now. And really, it should be just enough.

You are some enigmatic mofo. We agree on the same thing but you end up making a fight.

I agree with your comments except one part......

1) You can't respect soeone you are indifferent to. Contradiction.

Alsi, I was angered when some peeps were equating the push for gay rights with incest.

That is a very dirty tactic
Re: All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. by NativeBoy: 9:07am On Nov 26, 2013
wiegraf:

You should have done that rather than clown around, as I've not heard of this oyinbo communities that endorse incest. Also, please show how the often portrayed as blue eyed yet Jewish but definitely white Jesus was the god of your ancestors.

And I've not been abroad for quite some time, though true, I do admire bits of their culture. Actually, I admire bits from any and every culture, as I don't look at skin color. That's really foo.lish

I will not respond to any other parts of your post in respect of the OPs wishes. I will only answer your direct question pertaining to societies where incest is common. Look up the Appalachians in America. Also called Hillbillies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Judas: The Truth / Are Edo People The Champion Of Witchcraft? / Memo From Redeemed Christian Church Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.