Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos (6682 Views)

Petrol Dealers: We Can’t Sell At N87 Per Litre / Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC / I Need 750 Usd @ N150 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by anonimi: 11:17am On Nov 23, 2013
eagle,eye:
I agree with those who say that Gas is cheaper.
I used to use Kerosene (that is stove) even though I have a table cooker. But after sometime I decided to try Gas and at the same time compare it with kerosene.
OBSERVATION
4 litres of Kerosene @600, does not last more than 2weeks for me. But 3 kg of gas @1000 lasts more than 3weeks but not up to a month.
Stove darkens my pot and makes me spend extra money on VIM and Morning fresh for cleaning up. (Comment- what about the cost/value of your time & effort to wash the darkened pots )
When I use gas for cooking, I only worry about washing up my dishes normally without extra effort and money.
Cooker burns things faster than kerosene stove.
NB
I have come to realise that the more the quantity of gas bought, the less I pay.
Just last week I bought 7kg of gas for #2100 and I am sure it's likely to last me till the end of the year.

Great economic analysis cool
Are you by chance a Jebusite from Ijebu-Ijesha wey come do undergraduate Economics
Na im be sey dem for give you automatic PhD straight away, no questions asked. grin cheesy
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by eagleeye2: 11:20am On Nov 23, 2013
anonimi:

Great economic analysis cool
Are you by chance a Jebusite from Ijebu-Ijesha wey come do undergraduate Economics
Na im be sey dem for give you automatic PhD straight away, no questions asked. grin cheesy
LoL
Actually Igbo. And I love looking beyond the obvious.
Living is all about economics.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 11:20am On Nov 23, 2013
ijbeauty: Very funny dis is making headline, since I relocated to warri, d price of kero has bin #140-150 (filling station) while black market is #200... We neva saw dt on news or is Delta nt part of Nigeria?

#jst saying sha#

And who has ever complained on NL that the price of kerosene in delta skyrocketed, so why fuming
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by amolak: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2013
ijbeauty: Very funny dis is making headline, since I relocated to warri, d price of kero has bin #140-150 (filling station) while black market is #200... We neva saw dt on news or is Delta nt part of Nigeria?

#jst
saying sha#
because u people like sufering and smiling. u quickly adapt to anything they are throwing to u
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by mu2sa2: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2013
Gas is cheaper and cleaner alternative to kerosene. If we had a serious govt now is time to introduce a scheme for people to dump kerosene for gas.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by anonimi: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2013
Tommybob: Why is GEJ doing this to we Nigerians now??... Geez!! He just wish to make to poor poorer and the rich richer.... Petrol price increased... Kerosine price increased.... Diesel price increased... And all this things are gotten from our precious country Nigeria... He should just bring it down back to the normal price coz it is what the masses use daily

You should rather ask why are we Nigerians such MUMUs that we allow ourselves to be bamboozled by CLUELESS opposition and SELFISH labour leaders parading themselves as cash & carry activists who cannot see beyond their nose.

* Were they not misleading people on oil subsidy removal almost two years ago
* Were mobile phone prices not outrageously high when they were first rolled out in 2001 compared to moribund NITEL landlines and 090 mobiles?
* What is the situation with mobile phones and services prices TODAY
* How about the level of competition and innovation in the telecoms sector as well as the EMPLOYMENT opportunities created compared to if NITEL was allowed to continue its MONOPOLY coupled with government SUBSIDIES that were ANNUALLY allocated and diverted?

In short, we are our own worst enemies because we are so focused on the HERE & NOW hence not ready to make the NEEDED LONG-TERM sacrifice for our individual and collective development.
Meanwhile we sabi do fasting like craze people!!!
This makes us easy prey for the scammers and confusionists who masquerade as saviours & messiahs in different forms and aspects of our communal life embarassed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by shegzy23: 11:42am On Nov 23, 2013
not everybody can afford gas
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by anonimi: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2013
mu2sa2: Gas is cheaper and cleaner alternative to kerosene. If we had a serious govt now is time to introduce a scheme for people to dump kerosene for gas.

I hope by government you do not mean the federal executive ONLY.
As you saw with my earlier post about Fashola & his Eko Gas propaganda-cum-money laundering project, there is no constitutional embargo on states and even LGAs doing something about encouraging their residents from switching to gas from kerosene.
The legislative arms of the federal, state and LGA also have a clear role to play. It is up to us to make them work rather than COLLECT their outrageous pay from us for doing almost nothing while the rest of us slave away for them.
Crazy, innit

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2013
Stop torturing yourself with stoves.....use gas. It coukd be expensive, yea, just try.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by duddexeng(m): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Compare it to my end, it's still #10 cheaper than what we do buy here. Fresh air indeed.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
I support 100%. Who still uses kerosene?

Go buy gas jare. Na wa for illiteracy oo
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
spacechuks: sir otokx,subsidy or not,that price is too much for nigerians,I wudnt want to believe that countries that does not have crude oil are even paying such money per litre for kerosine.

Which countries? I've been to many countries and I haven't seen where they sell kerosene at their gas stations.

Please let me know the name of the country so that I can visit.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Naijamericana: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
Interesting article...but even more amazing that naija has some of the best crude oil quality and yet there are shortages for kerosene! cool

Looks like I need to look into importing petrochemicals into the country wink
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by andyjyd(m): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
My brother do u know d rate of ppl still living in face-2-face build in Nigeria? 4 example 20 families living in a building at most all d families we need 2 cook sometime at d sametime,do u know what can happen, in a kitchen where 20 ppl r using cooking gas and cylinder at d sametime,my bro dis is highly risking.our govt need to do things right.
GeneralJ: I kind of support this high price, if it encourages more people to turn to gas as a cooking source rather than kerosene.
Gas is cheaper, and is also helthier and safer. It also saves the government subsidy money, and less dependence on crude oil for revenue.
, if it encourages the adoption of new technology, because most nigerians don't want to change, until they see that thier money is getting affected.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by debbleopto: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
Tommybob: Why is GEJ doing this to we Nigerians now??... Geez!! He just wish to make to poor poorer and the rich richer.... Petrol price increased... Kerosine price increased.... Diesel price increased... And all this things are gotten from our precious country Nigeria... He should just bring it down back to the normal price coz it is what the masses use daily

It's better you direct this questions to insincere Nigerian , Atwireless & the rest creek dwellers representing Abati.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Doyensky: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
Keneking: Fresh Air
polluted Air
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by SirCee: 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
Na now Lagos dey witness say the price of kerosene is N150 per liter. Poor Nigerians are the worst hit. A beg this country is using poor to make rich to be richer because no body talks on their behalf.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by debbleopto: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
mu2sa2: Gas is cheaper and cleaner alternative to kerosene. If we had a serious govt now is time to introduce a scheme for people to dump kerosene for gas.

I don't see you thinking this very deep to separate theory from practical ; apparent from real. if the millions using kerosene shift to gas the price will be so high that you will personally impeach your president. You know the Nigeria content(corruption ). The hoarding stuff. What of the pipe is broken or vandalized? Look into the future before you venture into it.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by lirusehn(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
mtchhew. Wetin cum do Gas?
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Kcfun(m): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
if they like make dem reduce sam,na dem sabi.na there way go dey block,while God will provide money to buy it for me.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by thomassegun: 2:17am On Nov 24, 2013
I have kerosene for sale in large quantity for retailers@#105 for enquiry call 08074426856
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by laudate: 2:36am On Aug 03, 2014
debbleopto:

I don't see you thinking this very deep to separate theory from practical ; apparent from real. if the millions using kerosene shift to gas the price will be so high that you will personally impeach your president. You know the Nigeria content(corruption ). The hoarding stuff. What of the pipe is broken or vandalized? Look into the future before you venture into it.

Er... no. I don't think the price would be too high. In fact, it would drop at a certain point once the market booms because there would be more sellers, thinner margins etc., and with greater volume driving the demand, prices would eventually stabilise at a middle range.

The problem with gas supply today, is that the bulk of the cooking gas we use comes from NLNG in Bonny, as our local refineries are epileptic and unable to produce cooking gas. Currently, NLNG ties the cost of gas to international prices. There is no subsidy on the cooking gas supplied to the domestic market by NLNG.

If our refineries were working and more marginal fields could also inject LPG into the domestic market, gas prices would become more affordable for the common man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Signs Agreement With Shell, Seplat, Oando, Others To Implement $3.7bn Gas / Hyundai Heavy To Build $7billion Shipyard In Bayelsa / ***we Buy Old Car, Scrap And Aluminum***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.