Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos (6680 Views)

Petrol Dealers: We Can’t Sell At N87 Per Litre / Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC / I Need 750 Usd @ N150 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by JECBOSS: 9:19am On Nov 23, 2013

Some residents in Lagos have called on government to set up a task force to enforce the official N50 per litre pump price of kerosene.

The resident told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in separate interviews in Lagos on Friday that many dealers were selling kerosene as high as N150 per litre.

Mr Felix Balogun, an official of First Bank, told NAN that many marketers were not selling kerosene at the official price of N50 and this had made cooking difficult in some homes.

Balogun urged the regulatory agencies to sanction marketers selling above the official pump price.

He also urged the Federal Government to find a lasting solution to the persistent high cost of the product.

Mrs. Deborah Yakubu, a kerosene retailer in Onipanu area of Lagos, blamed the high cost of the commodity on both major and independent marketers.

“They sold a litre of kerosene to me at N105 per litre with other charges. How much do they expect me to sell it to make my gain? Government should set up an independent task force to sanction any erring marketer,” she said.

Alhaja Modinat Ojora, a food seller in Maryland, said that the situation was pathetic and urged the Federal Government to find a way of addressing the problem.

Mr Bamidele Ogunshakin, the Managing Director of Ollymore Oil and Gas Ltd., said that the station was allocated 10,000 litres to sell at N50 per litre and all had been exhausted.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/news-headlines/item/26974-lagos-residents-groan-as-kerosene-hits-n150-per-litre.html
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by otokx(m): 10:05am On Nov 23, 2013
Is goverment paying subsidy on kerosene? If no, then the price is good at 150.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2013
Why is GEJ doing this to we Nigerians now??... Geez!! He just wish to make to poor poorer and the rich richer.... Petrol price increased... Kerosine price increased.... Diesel price increased... And all this things are gotten from our precious country Nigeria... He should just bring it down back to the normal price coz it is what the masses use daily

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 23, 2013
Fresh Air
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by abduldope(m): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2013
GoD pLs help us.... From all this thiefs we caLL LEADERs
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Tex42(m): 10:08am On Nov 23, 2013
Our govt doesn't pay subsidy on kerosene, so it(govt) can do little or nothing about it.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Adesam09(m): 10:09am On Nov 23, 2013
Na this jonathan go finish us
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by GeneralJ(m): 10:09am On Nov 23, 2013
I kind of support this high price, if it encourages more people to turn to gas as a cooking source rather than kerosene.
Gas is cheaper, and is also helthier and safer. It also saves the government subsidy money, and less dependence on crude oil for revenue.
, if it encourages the adoption of new technology, because most nigerians don't want to change, until they see that thier money is getting affected.

5 Likes

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Why should anyone still be using kerosene, when there's gas which is cheaper and better. Nawa for una o, some people have started crying already, kerosene is not even good for the environment cos of the smoke, go get gas.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by greatgod2012(f): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2013
Sincerely, it is only God who can intervene in this nation's issue, can you imagine Kerosene sold @150 naira per litre, that is the only thing that is left for the poor, and yet, not affordable, the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer, how can someone who earns less than one dollar per day afford to buy and use kerosene that is sold for 150 naira per litre, this is not fair o.
I think the government need to subsidize the price, so that the less privilege ones among us can boast of benefiting something from the government.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by greatgod2012(f): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2013
Promhize: Why should anyone still be using kerosene, when there's gas.

is it everybody that can afford gas
Let's learn to consider others, especially the less privilege ones .

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Ediss(m): 10:16am On Nov 23, 2013
Cooking Gas is better and less expensive. Go for gold smiley wink
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by spacechuks(m): 10:18am On Nov 23, 2013
otokx: Is goverment paying subsidy on kerosene? If no, then the price is good at 150.
sir otokx,subsidy or not,that price is too much for nigerians,I wudnt want to believe that countries that does not have crude oil are even paying such money per litre for kerosine.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by IAMBREEZY: 10:18am On Nov 23, 2013
alright
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by greatgod2012(f): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2013
Promhize: Why should anyone still be using kerosene, when there's gas which is cheaper and better. Nawa for una o, some people have started crying already, kerosene is not even good for the environment cos of the smoke, go get gas.

gas is cheaper when bought in large quantity. While some people still buy a bottle of kerosene for their daily use, can one bttle of gas be bought. Do you think it is everybody that can afford the initial cost of buying cylinder and gas cooker. How much do you think they are selling a stove, it's less that 1500 naira, yet, some cant still afford it, can someone who cant afford to buy stove afford to buy cylinder and gas cooker.
Believe me, so many people still use it and that is because there are still so many poor people in our country, and being poor is not a crime, therefore, they also need to be considered.
May God help us all.

10 Likes

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Reptyle(m): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

is it everybody that can afford gas
Let's learn to consider others, especially the less privilege ones .

But gas is actually a relatively cheaper, cost effective, safer and cleaner way of cooking.

A lot of people like you view gas as "made for rich people." A few years ago, I got an elderly aunt of mine a gift of a table top gas cooker and a cylinder of gas after I noticed her unending complaint about the challenges with procuring kerosene. She has never stopped thanking me for "opening her eyes" to gas since then grin
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2013
In Delta State, like in most parts of the Niger Delta, a litre goes for N200. And this area is where this product is refined? Absurd!
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by greatgod2012(f): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2013
Ediss: Cooking Gas is better and less expensive. Go for gold smiley wink

my brother, not everyone can afford the initial cost of gas cooking, let's learn to be considerate of others. That price is too high.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by preciousoloye(f): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2013
Lagos una too like alaroro anyways am proudly a lagosian,@ last I made front page dancing makosa
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by LMAyedun(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2013
Na Wah oh!!!

150 per lit? shocked
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Lexcom20(m): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2013
datz nt a news in kaduna nw u will nt even see d kerosine at d fillin stations na black market we dey buy here at N570 per 4 liters
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by greatgod2012(f): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2013
Reptyle:

But gas is actually a relatively cheaper, cost effective, safer and cleaner way of cooking.

A lot of people like you view gas as "made for rich people." A few years ago, I got an elderly aunt of mine a gift of a table top gas cooker and a cylinder of gas after I noticed her unending complaint about the challenges with procuring kerosene. She has never stopped thanking me for "opening her eyes" to gas since then grin

dont get me wrong dear, im not saying gas cooking is not better, even myself, i cant remember the last time i touch kerosene, but that does not mean everyone can afford it. You got your aunty a table top cooker and a cylinder, what if there is no person like you who can do it for her, won't she be using her kerosine? What im saying is that for the sake of those who would like to use gas but could not afford it, the price of kerosene need to be subsidized. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by spacechuks(m): 10:32am On Nov 23, 2013
Lexcom20: datz nt a news in kaduna nw u will nt even see d kerosine at d fillin stations na black market we dey buy here at N570 per 4 liters
people that ought to complain are not while you in an arid land like kd is complaining,you people should thank God that we are one nigerian for now if not you will be buying kerosine 1500 per litre
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by BabaEleko(m): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2013
GEJ lapdogs! Una food don done ooo. Tell us more about that transformation agenda.
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by eagleeye2: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2013
I agree with those who say that Gas is cheaper.
I used to use Kerosene (that is stove) even though I have a table cooker. But after sometime I decided to try Gas and at the same time compare it with kerosene.
OBSERVATION
4 litres of Kerosene @600, does not last more than 2weeks for me. But 3 kg of gas @1000 lasts more than 3weeks but not up to a month.
Stove darkens my pot and makes me spend extra money on VIM and Morning fresh for cleaning up.
When I use gas for cooking, I only worry about washing up my dishes normally without extra effort and money.
Cooker burns things faster than kerosene stove.
NB
I have come to realise that the more the quantity of gas bought, the less I pay.
Just last week I bought 7kg of gas for #2100 and I am sure it's likely to last me till the end of the year.

4 Likes

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by ijbeauty(f): 10:47am On Nov 23, 2013
Very funny dis is making headline, since I relocated to warri, d price of kero has bin #140-150 (filling station) while black market is #200... We neva saw dt on news or is Delta nt part of Nigeria?

#jst saying sha#
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by smasher1(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2013
In d Niger Delta its N200 per liter
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 23, 2013
GeneralJ: I kind of support this high price, if it encourages more people to turn to gas as a cooking source rather than kerosene.
Gas is cheaper, and is also helthier and safer. It also saves the government subsidy money, and less dependence on crude oil for revenue.
, if it encourages the adoption of new technology, because most nigerians don't want to change, until they see that thier money is getting affected.
gas is also gotten from crude oil...
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by Aromas: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2013
Tommybob: Why is GEJ doing this to we Nigerians now??... Geez!! He just wish to make to poor poorer and the rich richer.... Petrol price increased... Kerosine price increased.... Diesel price increased... And all this things are gotten from our precious country Nigeria... He should just bring it down back to the normal price coz it is what the masses use daily

Omo iya jareee ati shey orire ni 9ija no be by America visa
Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by anonimi: 11:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Baba_Eleko: GEJ lapdogs! Una food don done ooo. Tell us more about that transformation agenda.

Maybe you should ask Fashola first what happened to his Eko Gas that was launched since June and for which he received plenty of propaganda-fueled praise, worship & adoration:

Eko Ile:
https://www.nairaland.com/1321563/fashola-launches-eko-gas-lpg

On safety concerns that are raised frequently by potential users of cooking gas, Tijani stated that the product was designed and fabricated with distinguishing qualities such as safety, affordability, portability and environmental friendliness. According to him, about 20 per cent of the cost of cylinder would be eased by the government, in other to encourage Lagosians to the use LPG.

- See more at: http://leadership.ng/news/100613/lagos-state-launch-eko-gas-initiative#sthash.eIqriQfl.dpuf

Obviously the whole scam was to do money laundering of Lagos taxpayers funds by giving it to Tinubu company, Oando as 20% cylinder subsidy.
Are we really MUMUs or what
We should be asking Alhaji Fashola where are the subsidised cylinders that should have created an alternative to kerosene and forced down the price of the commodity shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Now N150 Per-Litre In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2013
Kerosene undecided Gas still da best & relatively cheap

(1) (2) (Reply)

Investments Anti-scam/fraud Guide / Hyundai Heavy To Build $7billion Shipyard In Bayelsa / How To Receive Clickbank Cash In Nigeria With ATM Card Free Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.