Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration (19002 Views)

INEC Drags Uba, Oduah To Supreme Court / "Buhari Is An Old Plane Parked For Too Long" – Ahmadu Ali / Stella Oduah To Fani-kayode: Bow Your Head In Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
APC chief propagandist, why are you focused on a single aircraft out of about 24 aircrafts which the proposed national carrier would take off with? Why are you not fixated on the 10 brand new aircrafts that will be delivered next year? Ok, because it suits your pay master to highlight the age of just one out of 24 aircrafts?

By the way, the articles you posted shows there are divergent opinions on the issue of age of aircrafts and nothing more. There are yet no concrete or definite position taken on the issue. When those who manufacture and sell these aircrafts to us take a definite position on the matter, then your propaganda can be justified. Or are you or your master claiming to be more knowledgeable than the manufacturers? For now, since there are still over 20 year old aircrafts flying in Europe and America, then there is nothing wrong in having such aircrafts here provided they'r well maintained. And aviation is a global industry that is regulated by international bodies. When these bodies are convinced that age is an issue, they will do the needful and Nigeria will comply. Tinubu rules or wishes do not apply.

So the articles I posted merely show divergent opinions but your earlier response, which you sealed with the phrase "case closed", does not?
While at it, do you care to explain what APC or Tinubu have to do with this thread, you insincere and irredeemable reprobate.

9 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by taharqa: 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
awodman:
What is wrong with starting with what you have at the moment?...the bolded above shows clearly that new aircrafts will be added to the fleet come March 2014..then why exactly the hue and cry?...we all know aircrafts are not bought off shelf but pre-ordered...Pls our Journalists should spare us this idiotic sensationalisms
They can't. Cos there are always peeps, like online gorillaas, who wud always indulge them. So why stop??

5 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: They can't. Cos there are always peeps, like online gorillaas, who wud always indulge them. So why stop??

If it hurts you and your co-traveling goons that revelations like this bubble to the surface every so often, as we also witnessed with those secondhand BMWs, stay away from the politics section of NL. Nigerians have every right to be informed about decisions which ultimately affects them, and no amount of body contortions on your part can negate the truth.

If you feel comfortable dressing mutton up as lamb, that's your prerogative.

5 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by taharqa: 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

If it hurts you and your co-traveling goons that revelations like this bubble to the surface every so often, as we also witnessed with those secondhand BMWs, stay away from the politics section of NL. Nigerians have every right to be informed about decisions which ultimately affects them, and no amount of body contortions on your part can negate the truth.

If you feel comfortable dressing mutton up as lamb, that's your prerogative.

Why is this Conbulated IJIOT quoting me?? Did I call yr name? Or, are you an 'Online Gorillaa'??.. Take ya time o

7 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Rad1cal: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
awodman:
What is wrong with starting with what you have at the moment?...the bolded above shows clearly that new aircrafts will be added to the fleet come March 2014..then why exactly the hue and cry?...we all know aircrafts are not bought off shelf but pre-ordered...Pls our Journalists should spare us this idiotic sensationalisms

You can't really blame those who chose to stick, see and dwell only negativities.

It's a pity all objectivity seem to be lost on the alter of biased partisan support.

4 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: Why is this Conbulated IJIOT quoting me?? Did I call yr name? Or, are you an 'Online Gorillaa'??.. Take ya time o
silly bigot.

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: Why is this Conbulated IJIOT quoting me?? Did I call yr name? Or, are you an 'Online Gorillaa'??.. Take ya time o

There you go again - squirming after launching the first salvo? You think by travelling under a radar to take pot shots, you won't get noticed?
You better quit while the going is good. grin

6 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

So the articles I posted merely show divergent opinions but your earlier response, which you sealed with the phrase "case closed", does not?
While at it, do you care to explain what APC or Tinubu have to do with this thread, you insincere and irredeemable reprobate.

You quoted "another expert" from US whose opinions contradicts my earlier position and a bill proposed by "five lawmakers from the ruling party United Russia". The question then is, how come the bill did not sail through? What is the position of other lawmakers on this matter? If the bill did not or is yet to sail through, it means, either that it does not enjoy popular support or that COMMON sense has prevailed (lawmakers are not expert on this matter)

Bottomline, there is yet no consensus or concrete regulation on the issue of age limitation for aircrafts. There is no consensus because there are divergent opinions. Your master Tinubu cannot be more knowledgeable than the aircraft manufacturers or the global bodies that regulate the industry. When there is global consensus on the matter, Nigeria will surely comply.

8 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You quoted "another expert" from US whose opinions contradicts my earlier position and a bill proposed by "five lawmakers from the ruling party United Russia". The question then is, how come the bill did not sail through? What is the position of other lawmakers on this matter? If the bill did not or is yet to sail through, it means, either that it does not enjoy popular support or that COMMON sense has prevailed (lawmakers are not expert on this matter)

Bottomline, there is yet no consensus or concrete regulation on the issue of age limitation for aircrafts. There is no consensus because there are divergent opinions. Your master Tinubu cannot be more knowledgeable than the aircraft manufacturers or the global bodies that regulate the industry. When there is global consensus on the matter, Nigeria will surely comply.

You are a paid hireling who traded his scruples a long time ago - deal with, it is a befitting status!
Your repeated attempts to focus on Tinubu - an altogether different topic - is not working, so save the diatribe for a different thread.

I know your MO is to stifle unfavourable discourse by engaging in obfuscation and chicanery, in the hope that any topic you find uncomfortable breaks off on a different tangent. Guess what? That pedestrian back-n-forth does not work with me. I generally stay on theme, no matter the label unconscionable souls foist on my handle.

It takes a maladroit like you to tout the planned inauguration of a national carrier using a 20-year old aircraft, as a measure of success, so there is really nothing new here.

12 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by atlwireles: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Too many lowlife, looking for something to talk about. When the airline takes off, please don't fly it. Make no mistake about it, the same bandwagon of people opposed to the changes in the industry are the same mor0ns crying here today.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by jmaine: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
My Ernest desire is too see this National carrier become a huge success as planned.

The same fellows whining here will go ballistic, spewing ceaseless conspiracy theories of corruption if the FG should jettison useful planes still flying to placing entire new orders costing billions of dollars.

Whatever the FG does, fault finding feasters will always run amok grin

2 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You are a paid hireling who traded his scruples a long time ago - deal with, it is a befitting status!
Your repeated attempts to focus on Tinubu - an altogether different topic - is not working, so save the diatribe for a different thread.

I know your MO is to stifle unfavourable discourse by engaging in obfuscation and chicanery, in the hope that any topic you find uncomfortable breaks off on a different tangent. Guess what? That pedestrian back-n-forth does not work with me. I generally stay on theme, no matter the label unconscionable souls foist on my handle.

It takes a maladroit like you to tout the planned inauguration of a national carrier using a 20-year old aircraft, as a measure of success, so there is really nothing new here.

ROTFLMAO! Oh boy see finishing! I can't fit shout!! grin grin
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

How can we separate Tinubu from the matter at hand when you'r doing his bidding? You claim to want to stay on theme but all you'v done from your first post that quoted me was to attack Sincere 9gerian? Is that part of the theme as dictated by your master, Tinubu? You should be ashamed of yourself. There is no law that forbids the use of aircrafts older than 20 years anywhere in world. What is more important is air-worthiness of the aircraft. If 20 year old aircrafts are still being used in Europe and US, why should you and your master, Tinubu, insist that the standard should be different in Nigeria? More over, the aircraft in question is just one out of 24 others. In addition, orders have been placed for 10 new ones. So why did you pick on that one, neglecting the rest? Because it suits your devilish political agenda? Shame on you.

9 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by tdade(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
@sincere 9igerian - how obtuse can you be? This is a NATIONAL CARRIER for crying out loud.
If you think its so 'safe,' why not ask how old all of Jonny boy's(your pay master) 10 aircrafts are. To make matters worse, its not even new!
Have you no shame? Have you no conscience?

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by tdade(m): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
taharqa: They can't. Cos there are always peeps, like online gorillaas, who wud always indulge them. So why stop??
You're a sissy! Why not confront him directly?
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by gurnam: 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You are really making the guy work for his meal ticket..... grin grin grin
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by tdade(m): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Damn sir! You sure are giving him quite a lot of work to do.
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by gurnam: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
tdade: @sincere 9igerian - how obtuse can you be? This is a NATIONAL CARRIER for crying out loud.
If you think its so 'safe,' why not ask how old all of Jonny boy's(your pay master) 10 aircrafts are. To make matters worse, its not even new!
Have you no shame? Have you no conscience?

Conscience ke? The guy comments are as vacuous as it can be...he is dead emotionally....all he cares for is to defend and earn his salary at the end of the day. He is a professional noise maker on the cyberspace for GEJ administration.

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
gurnam:

Conscience ke? The guy comments are as vacuous as it can be...he is dead emotionally....all he cares for is to defend and earn his salary at the end of the day. He is a professional noise maker on the cyberspace for GEJ administration.
Another anonymous he-goat. Where was your wicked conscience in the last 5 decades when Nigeria was being destroyed be clueless and corrupt leaders? It seems you were de-conscienced within those period? Whose interest are you protecting now? Shameless e-he-goat.

5 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by PHIPEX(m): 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
I expect another round of attack soon, I will be on the lookout for Punch headlines this week grin grin But the truth is that if half of our ministers are doing half of what this woman is doing, we will be on our way to the promised land sooner than we expected.

Let's not forget that somebody was a Minister when Nigeria Airways was killed.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
PHIPEX: I expect another round of attack soon, I will be on the lookout for Punch headlines this week grin grin But the truth is that if half of our ministers are doing half of what this woman is doing, we will be on our way to the promised land sooner than we expected.

Let's not forget that somebody was a Minister when Nigeria Airways was killed.
They are all bunch of sore losers who contributed in one or other to the problems with Nigeria. Now that some people are making efforts to clean up the mess they made of the country, all the losers do is jump from pillar to post looking for faults. They'r now professional fault finders. They already lost again in Anambra election and they'll remain LOSERS all their life.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Akanbiedu(m): 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
Just when government is washing its hands off business-like ventures on one hand, they are opening up another at the same time. Some shameless human beings here who praised privatization of PHCN to high heavens are here praising this move. SMH.

You village people are feeling triumphant and setting yourselves up again. Very soon, you would start crying blue murder when you are no longer in charge. Only that this time, nobody will listen to you.

This is the same way you villagers over-centralized Nigeria only to lose control few months later.

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by gurnam: 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Another anonymous he-goat. Where was your wicked conscience in the last 5 decades when Nigeria was being destroyed be clueless and corrupt leaders? It seems you were de-conscienced within those period? Whose interest are you protecting now? Shameless e-he-goat.

Get the fvck outta here....a conscienceless paid hawk. Hope you are proud enough to show your family the kind of job you do!

Lunkhead...!

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by fabulous4u: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Just when government is washing its hands off business-like ventures on one hand, they are opening up another at the same time. Some shameless human beings here who praised privatization of PHCN to high heavens are here praising this move. SMH.

You village people are feeling triumphant and setting yourselves up again. Very soon, you would start crying blue murder when you are no longer in charge. Only that this time, nobody will listen to you.

This is the same way you villagers over-centralized Nigeria only to lose control few months later.
if u are not a mumu personified you will see where it was written in the article that it was gonna be run by the private sector
I'm sure half education is your problem so I don't really blame you for your state of ignoramus

7 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
gurnam:

Get the fvck outta here....a conscienceless paid hawk. Hope you are proud enough to show your family the kind of job you do!

Lunkhead...!
Lol..What business do I have with a frustrated Tinubu slave? None!

9 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by fabulous4u: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
gurnam:

Lunkhead...!
see frustration o. ...guy don't kill yourself I know how it feels when you're up against someone more intellectually superior to you ......just leave with the fact that you are helplessly backward Mr fool

2 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by MeAboki(m): 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
Some contradiction in the story: Airline would be operated by private party while government would only provide an enabling environment; yet same govt is seen as already contributing 20 of her aircraft from the old defunct Nigeria Airways fleet.
How therefore do these aircraft constitute an enabling environment - are they not physical assets, I wonder?

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ngwakwe: 20 years old aircraft can be new aircraft depending on approved standards.

What has been the rate of usage?

Refurbished or/and Upgraded?

Were the Engines changed with new types?

Extended Maintenance should be the keyword.

The problem with some peeps is their literal interpretation of the word Refurbish and Upgrade.

Honestly this country is full of illiterates. A 20 year old aircraft is VERY NORMAL in the aviation industry worldwide..

2 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by nduchucks: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Just when government is washing its hands off business-like ventures on one hand, they are opening up another at the same time. Some shameless human beings here who praised privatization of PHCN to high heavens are here praising this move. SMH.

Ouch!!! Ogbeni Akanbi.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
gurnam:

No matter how good you maintain it....a 20 yrs old aircraft can't be the same as a new aircraft...that is common sense.

Are we saying Nigeria cannot afford to buy brand new aircrafts for the new national carrier.

Why must they always set the standard low when it concerns other Nigerians...but will go for the best money can buy from any part of the world when the thieving elites are involved?

Are we not humans like them?

Do you think brand new aircraft are like tomatoes you go and pick in the market?

You have to place orders for them before they are even built!! And the waiting period post-order can take anything from 3 to 5 years!!!

Goodness!

5 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Akanbiedu(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
fabulous4u:
if u are not a mumu personified you will see where it was written in the article that it was gonna be run by the private sector
I'm sure half education is your problem so I don't really blame you for your state of ignoramus

about 10 other aircraft have been booked with Bombardier Aircraft Manufacturing Company based in Brazil by the government

the investors behind the new carrier are still shrouded in mystery just as the equity ratio of government and the investors in the national carrier.

Government is buying planes, investors are shrouded in mystery. equity ratio is unknown/undisclosed etc. this is a game we have seen in the past. you people always feel sharp. no wahala.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari, Oshiomhole Too Weak, Tinubu Can't Solve APC Crisis - Shehu Dani / Osinbajo Chaired The First ESC Meeting After The Plan's Approval / Nationwide Blackout As TCN Shut Down National Grid Over Labour Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.