Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration (18997 Views)

INEC Drags Uba, Oduah To Supreme Court / "Buhari Is An Old Plane Parked For Too Long" – Ahmadu Ali / Stella Oduah To Fani-kayode: Bow Your Head In Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by pmc01(m): 10:03am On Nov 25, 2013
kingoflag: Is the maintenance culture the same with the U.S? Not too long ago ur First Lady's mother died due to bad roads...

At least mandate all govt officials to fly this new airline and watch the planes go from 100yrs old to brand new.

I really love this post, does sufficient justice to the matter at hand.

Was that Associated Airline plane that crashed not over 20 as well? I wonder why we just take needless risks and try to justify the stupidity with what obtains in far advanced countries than ours. Some people here are just too shameless, defending this trash.

Some even said it is justifiable cos new Planes are pre-ordered, not just available for pick-up like atarodo. This would have been plausible if the newest planes in the Presidential fleet are as old as the ones in question, based on this foolish excuse.

What was the urgency about? What happened to proper planning? Why must we 'manage' all the time and do our things in the sub-standard 'Nigerian way'? Is there a 2015 factor infleuncing the needless urgency?

So disgusting, really!

2 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by chucky234(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2013
Some people are just plain clueless by default, imagine a sane man trying hard to defend a 20 year old plane.
No matter the upgrade a 20 year old plane parked and left inactive for years can never attained the level of a 10 year old plane let alone a brand new plane, there is no single plane that is less than 15 year old in both Nigeria Air and Aero fleet combined and thats certainly an insult for a national carrier.
I wonder how people with sane mind are going to overlook Arik who offers better aircrafts and safety to fly Nigeria Eagle with 24 old planes in its fleet.
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Lol..What business do I have with a frustrated Tinubu slave? None!

You see Tinubu always chasing you every time..?

or you are purposely assigned as laptop dog number TINUBU? cheesy cheesy

You laptop dogs are doing a poor job on this thread.....your explanations are not adding up.

This is a project that would have been under planning for like three years now....and all we have for the inaugural ceremony is a 20 years old plane.... shocked shocked shocked

You people should fear God nah!

4 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by pmc01(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2013
Italiano1:

What a daft post!

The fact that is not tomatoes is the exact reason why it is inappropriate for a national carrier to purchase planes that are 20 years old- considering that the planes would not be transporting vegetables but human beings.

There is no rush in inaugurating a national airline if the mode of transportation is inadequate, it defeats the whole purpose if it will lead to huge maintenance costs and in a worst case scenario fatalities in the medium-long run.

When was the project started? I am sure it has been over 3 years, why didn't they order it then? Did they have a project plan in place? We have witnessed several air mishaps under this government and one would have imagined that they would taken serious efforts to ensure the quality of the planes to avoid future crashes.

Even low budget airlines in Europe and America will not start their business with 20 year old planes not to talk of a National Air carrier. It is clear that the GEJ administration is trying to score cheap political points while knowingly mortgaging the safety of Nigerians. They do this because they can attribute their failure to God as Madam Stelar indicated after the air crashes that have occurred under her watch.

Let us ask ourselves, what is the age of the Presidential plane? Will he fly in a 20 year old plane in an international flight that lasts over 6 hours?

It is only an irresponsible and vile person that would not object to this despicable act by GEJ and his Minister of Aviation

Very well said!
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Godpinkin(m): 10:14am On Nov 25, 2013
Well,we welcome the new national carrier the Nigerian Eagle,thumbs up.We pray it surpass Nigeria Airways. Wondering what kind of a country is Nigeria?a country with no regards for it people.country were the elite steals money meant for pensioners and nothin is done.Can u imagine,for over 12years since after the Liquidation of NIGERIAN AIRWAYS,those young,old men and women who toir day and night for the Then NATIONAl CARRIER are yet to be paid there gratuity.What a Nation. Why then will kingnapin stop.One day the Hunter becomes the hunted.WE Dey vex.......?

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by pmc01(m): 10:14am On Nov 25, 2013
grin
ilugunboy:

or you are purposely assigned as laptop dog number TINUBU? cheesy cheesy

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2013
Good morning all and pls sorry for derailing, pls kindly help with information on commercial interlocking mopping/cleaning. Whoever is into that shld do help pls. God bless!
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by ocelot2006(m): 10:15am On Nov 25, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Indeed. In fact, we need to go the whole hog and scrap the presidential fleet in favour of these hand-me-down aircrafts.

The presidential fleet of aircrafts (fixed and rotary) is owned SOLELY by the Nigerian Air Force. So go on, scrap it.
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Dee60: 10:17am On Nov 25, 2013
From the trail, I can see this is a 4th hand aircraft! United to Siberia to Aero and now to Eagle! Can we not come up with better ideas? yet our presidential fleet boasts of new and advanced planes!

We are taking this cluelessness to another dimension by hiring propagandists to sit on NL 24 x 7 to attack anyone that dares criticizes government's actiions, inactions and misactions!

With the way that this eagle is being packaged, it is bound for a serious still birth. I think we lost it when we allowed Virgin Nigeria to close!

FG, leave investments alone for private people. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by ocelot2006(m): 10:17am On Nov 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: 20 years old aircraft can be new aircraft depending on approved standards.

What has been the rate of usage?

Refurbished or/and Upgraded?

Were the Engines changed with new types?

Extended Maintenance should be the keyword.

The problem with some peeps is their literal interpretation of the word Refurbish and Upgrade.

Keep in mind that Aerocontractors has an excellent mtc record, hence its preference by major oil coys operating within the country.

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2013
Godshand: Good morning all and pls sorry for derailing, pls kindly help with information on commercial interlocking mopping/cleaning. Whoever is into that shld do help pls. God bless!

Pls respond to this as it's very important. Thanks!
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by simdam500(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2013
gurnam:

No matter how good you maintain it....a 20 yrs old aircraft can't be the same as a new aircraft...that is common sense.

Are we saying Nigeria cannot afford to buy brand new aircrafts for the new national carrier.

Why must they always set the standard low when it concerns other Nigerians...but will go for the best money can buy from any part of the world when the thieving elites are involved?

Are we not humans like them?
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by mikkyphp(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2013
Some inaccuracies in the Original Post:
first, all Air Nigeria's planes were sent back to the original lessors.
Second, the plane in the picture is a Boeing 737 - 500 series plane owned by Aero contractors, but repainted for the purpose of inauguration.

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by pmc01(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2013
Godshand:

Pls respond to this as it's very important. Thanks!

Just thinking, why not try check it on Google? Sincerely, I have no idea and it might take time for you to get those who really know about it. Remember this is a monday morning.
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by fabulous4u: 10:31am On Nov 25, 2013
Afritop: In other words, Oduah to present flying coffin to Jonathan at national carrier inauguration
in other words you still can't use your senses
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by paschalndidi(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Was she not the miss that used 225 million naira in buying two armoured cars? Hmmm...is she trying to impress Mr president with 20 yr old plane? Maybe this time around, she will tell the house if at all she had appeared that she used the money in buying this so called plane.
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Dee60: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2013
kmariko: Delta Flies New Route to Profits: Older Jets, published in today’s Wall Street Journal (paid subscription required or free metered view).
After reading this article, this author has a strong sense that Delta management understands how leveraging integrated capabilities in deep operations and supply chain expertise can influence business outcomes. It is also a great study in bucking accepted industry practices and thinking outside the norm.
Case in point, the WSJ points out that while emerging discount carriers pursue a strategy of standardized aircraft and are in a rush to acquire the latest in more fuel efficient and technology sophisticated aircraft, t[b]he Delta aircraft fleet is both old and complex, with an average fleet age at over 16 years. That compares to Jet Blue’s average fleet age of 6 years, or Southwest Airlines average of 11 years. According to the WSJ, among Delta’s total of 725 aircraft, there are over 10 different models, including 19 DC-9’s with an average age of 34.4 years. [/b]Delta just acquired and is refurbishing 49 used McDonnell Douglas MD-90 aircraft to add to its feet, along with 88 Boeing 717’s formerly flown by Air-Tran Airways, now acquired by Southwest, whose fleet is standardized on the Boeing 737 aircraft. Thus far this year, the airline has run 86.3 percent of its domestic flights on-time, fourth among the top 15 U.S. air carriers, and according to the WSJ, the largest fleet profile airline to be most punctual. Delta is eschewing the much higher capital costs of new aircraft acquisition with a belief that older aircraft, while older and more expensive to operate, can be more reliable if supported by a robust maintenance and inspection program.

Do we have a robust maintenance and inspection program? I hope we do!
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by MistadeRegal(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2013
"My lord, it was confirmed that the Aircraft concerned is 20 years old. I hereby appeal to this court that since she is also a pilot, she should do the flying. I rest my case" (court secretary) Couuurrrt
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by ptownman: 10:43am On Nov 25, 2013
theoctopus: Stop these your attacks on Oduah! It will only make you guys look more silly. You are making it too glaring that it is a campaign of hate. The new carrier is taking off with 20 planes, not 1. So this news is crap!
Oduah is nt the case here. And take off is with 24 planes but the issue is the plane to be presented to the president is over 20years old according to the write up and you and I as Nigerians know that that could be the best they have in their fleets of plane(present the best and hide the bad). Now, the Question is "Will the president and Minister enter the 20 years plane for a test flight?"
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2013
pmc01:

Just thinking, why not try check it on Google? Sincerely, I have no idea and it might take time for you to get those who really know about it. Remember this is a monday morning.

Yeah! Thanks, i've tried googles and culdnt get it. Some guys had actually mentioned it on this forum. Just that i missed that thread. Anyone wit the information shld respond pls. Thanks!
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

This statement is illogical, Boeing recently grounded their new aircrafts because of engine faults in high altitude flights!

Maintenance elongates the life cycle of an machine

Can you please shut up if you have no better argument to put up here!

All these silly comparisons should stop...!

So because Boeing recently grounded their new aircrafts because engine faults in high altitude flights (BTW..where did you get that ridiculous claim from) means we should forever forgo ordering new aircrafts for our national carrier....?

Something is definitely wrong with the psyche of some of these lunkheads defending this utterly absurd act.

3 Likes

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by bong4(m): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2013
Nigerians! Stop fighting and calling yourself names over policies of the elites. The aircraft issue is a little thing which demands human wisdom applied on the following way. Those in favour of the aircraft should feel free to fly in it others have options elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by obongtunji: 10:56am On Nov 25, 2013
Please, what is the essence of our government to have a national carrier? Does it in anyway reduce the cost of flying or is it just about the name? We are all aware of what has been happening to the so call national carrier, I pity aero contractor......lop
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by gurnam: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2013
ocelot2006:

The presidential fleet of aircrafts (fixed and rotary) is owned SOLELY by the Nigerian Air Force. So go on, scrap it.

That is a lie from the pit of HELL.....go ahead and prove it.!
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by ptownman: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2013
Oduah is nt the case here. And take off is with 24 planes but the issue is the plane to be presented to the president is over 20years old according to the write up and you and I as Nigerians know that that could be the best they have in their fleets of plane(present the best and hide the bad). Now, the Question is "Will the president and Minister enter the 20 years plane for a test flight?"
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
My question is, Are there no second hand(Tokunbo) Bulletproof BMW Cars instead of the new one she bought?

P:S Two different rules in Nigeria, rules for the masses and the elite.
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Tex42(m): 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
dridowu: i cant believe ds, so u mean that the life of passengers that will board the old airplane is not important ? If YOU want to board that plane and you hear the age of d plane , what will come to your mind ? What is bad is bad. If crash occur now the next thing we will hear is " AN ACT OF GOD" wc can be prevented by just changing the plane to new one.
That the plane is 20urs old does not mean it will eventually crash the day it airlift passengers 4rm MMA. Talking 4rm a safety engr. perspective, the plane can cover the length and breadth of planet earth provided it is certified 'mechanically safe' to fly, so what's the ish abt this age thing?!
Our train and even some of our cars Don pass 20yrs without any crash/accident because they are mechanically safe.
But that one no mean say I no want make them to buy new plane 4d national carrier oo!, b4 una quote me.
#teamchangeintheAviationsector.
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by ptownman: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2013
You have said it all but GoD no go gree them lick our blood
pmc01:

Very well said!
Re: Oduah To Present 20-yr-old Plane To Jonathan At National Carrier Inauguration by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 25, 2013
Congratulations to all Nigerians, after years of mismanagement and sale of our National Carrier, GEJ has done it for us. Nigerian Eagle, beginning operations with almost 30 planes is commendable.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAF Signs MOU With Portugal For Production Of Aerial Vehicles In Nigeria(pics) / Nationwide Blackout As TCN Shut Down National Grid Over Labour Strike / London APC Blasts David Cameron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.