Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,745 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:54 AM

Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! (799 Views)

10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / How We Initiate People Into Our Cult- An Eye Opener, Pls Read & Be Informed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! by donmarshia(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
Will a man ROB God? ...hmm...yet ye have robbed me! But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? ...in TITHES and OFFERINGS'!

(Malachi 3:cool

Hmm....

Now listen carefully: if you are a BELIEVER,...the above verse was NOT referring to you!!!

The verse above is only applicable to ANYONE who is not yet a BELIEVER in the finished work of Christ on the Cross!

Hear this: A BELIEVER can NEVER rob God....whether he pays his 'tithes' or not!!!

Hmm...

The concept of 'robbing' God is as a result of taking 'something' which is NOT yours!

Under Law: 'whatever' you have is NOT your own!!! It belongs to God!

That is why you see the word....'BRING'...whenever God is referring to an offering or a tithe!

'BRING ye all the tithes into the storehouse....' (Malachi 3:10)

'...thou shall BRING forth all the tithe of thine increase...'! (Deut 14:28)

Hmm...

'BRING' simply means......IT IS NOT YOUR OWN!!!

Now listen carefully: under GRACE.....you don't BRING an offering to God!!!

You ...'GIVE'....an offering to God!!!

Hmm...

'GIVE and it shall be GIVEN unto you...'! (Luke 6:38)

'For God loveth a cheerful...GIVER'! (2cor 9:7)

Hear this: one of the reasons Jesus died on the cross for us....was so that a BELIEVER will never be termed a 'ROBBER' of God anymore!!!

Read this verse carefully:

'For ye know the GRACE ...(I love the word Grace)....of our Lord Jesus Christ, that THOUGH HE WAS RICH....yet for YOUR SAKES.....(Why?)....He became POOR.....(He was paying God whatever we owe financially).....that YE...(A believer).....through HIS POVERTY....might be RICH (legally without having to owe God anymore)'!!! (2cor 8:9)

Hmm....

Now listen carefully: if you are a BELIEVER, you are not OWING God anything!!!

That is why you CANNOT rob God anymore!!!

Hmm...

Am I against 'tithing'? .....Hmm....NO!

Under Law: your tithe is a DEBT.....you OWE....to God! (Lev 27:30-32)

Under Grace: your tithe is a SEED....you SOW....to God! (2cor 9:7)

Should a believer pay 'tithe'?.....the answer is YES!

But....

MUST a believer pay 'tithe'?......the answer is NO!!!!

Under the new covenant, there is no class of giving which is a 'MUST'!

Paul said:

'Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him GIVE;....not grudgingly,....or of NECESSITY....'! (2cor 9:7)

The word 'necessity' there refers to a kind of giving in which you feel....if you don't 'give'....then you are either robbing God...or.....offending God!

You are not OWING God!!!

Give willingly....cheerfully.....as you purpose in your heart......FOR GOD LOVETH A CHEERFUL GIVER!!!

Hmm....

In conclusion: There are only two places in Scriptures where Jesus talked about 'TITHING'....Hmm.....and in those two places....Jesus plainly referred to the PHARISEES....who are UNDER LAW!!! (Matt 23:23 and Luke 18:10-14)

Now listen carefully: if you are a BELIEVER.....the Bible states it clearly that you are.......NOT UNDER LAW....but....UNDER GRACE!!! (Romans 6:14)

Jesus NEVER mandated tithing for a believer!!!

Hmm....

Tithing to a believer....is by the revelation of the Holy Spirit! ....and when He reveals it to you...He will empower you to give your tithe....without struggles.....not because you are scared of God's annoyance......but because you are THANKFUL for the assurance of His ever-flowing blessings on your life!

When Abraham 'gave' Melchizedech 'tithe'....there was NO law on tithing yet!

Neither did Melchizedech demand tithes from Abraham!

Listen: Abraham did not 'BRING' his tithe to Melchizedech! ....Hmm.... Abraham...'GAVE'...tithes to Melchizedech! (Gen 14:20)

It was a SPONTANEOUS reaction......and it must have been by the LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT! (Gen 14:18-20)

Hmm...no wonder the Bible says:

'But if ye be LED of the SPIRIT,.....ye are NOT under the LAW'! (Gal 5:18)

Hmm....

Melchizedech (a type of Christ)....did NOT bless Abraham.....BECAUSE Abraham paid tithes!

NO!

Read the story carefully; ....Melchizedech Blessed Abraham.....BEFORE....Abraham gave him tithes! (Gen 14:18-20)

Hmm....

under Law: you MUST pay your tithes in order to be blessed!

But thanks be to Jesus......

Under Grace: God's blessings are NOT DEPENDENT on your ability to do ANYTHING!!!

'Now to him that WORKETH....the reward is not reckoned of GRACE.....but of DEBT!....hmm......but to him that WORKETH NOT....but BELIEVETH on Him that Justifies the UNGODLY.......his faith is counted for RIGHTEOUSNESS'!!! (Romans 4:4-5)

There are 2 kinds of rewards mentioned above!

1. Debt-rewards: ...that is, God has to bless you because you did something (e.g paid your tithes)

2. Grace-rewards:....that is, I am not presenting any EFFORT of mine to God as a reason why He should bless me! I don't DO RIGHT THINGS....in order to be righteous........I do RIGHT THINGS....because I AM RIGHTEOUS (by the finished work of the cross)!

Wow!

Which reward do you prefer?

Do not be like the 'pharisee' who was telling God to 'justify' him because he pays his 'tithes'....while the other sinner doesn't!

The Bible says: the sinner went to his house JUSTIFIED while the pharisee wasn't! (Luke 18:10-14)

Hmm...

Remain under GRACE perpetually! (Romans 11:6)

Amen

NB: This was copied!

5 Likes

Re: Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! by hadtim: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
God bless u for this 'eye opener' thank u I am so grateful. I will give my tithe cheerfully now knowing that it's not a must. Thanks
Re: Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! by Ditoya(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
You sabi explain..but you got it all wrong!
Re: Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! by didfy: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
@ OP must you start a thread before you get your answer? Read other threads and practice your old covenant believes
Re: Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! by Goshen360(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
didfy: @ OP must you start a thread before you get your answer? Read other threads and practice your old covenant believes

Which old covenant believes? Do you think the new is a continuation to the old covenant?
Re: Must A Believer Tithe? An Eye Opener! by didfy: 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Goshen360:

Which old covenant believes? Do you think the new is a continuation to the old covenant?

No I don't.Jesus revelled in the new.we re the priest, not under law, never asked to pay in the new covenant but with the love in you, you can support as many times as possible to help the body of Christ.

Personally people ve nothing to say each Sunday rarher they come up with tithe issues instead od reading previous threads...thanks

(1) (Reply)

ENDTIME Thingz: “there Is No Business Like Church Business” / Spiritual Tips You Might Want To Know Than Praying Wolf / Why Do All Babies Enter The World Crying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.