Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Development Projects In Ogun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development Projects In Ogun (4322 Views)

Completed Projects In Abia State / Lagos To Complete Ongoing Projects In 2013 / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by iterator25: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
slim fit :
Can someone tell them to stop painting the barriers. Black and white.
I hate that thing like shiit. If they leave it unpainted, yellow markings alone with give the aesthetics a more cutting edge . I think our roads should be standardized..

1 Like

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
brabus: I live in Ogun state and I'm yet to see how this is beneficial to common man.

I see road upgrades happening in less than a decade to come. Most of the ongoing road projects in Ogun state are not well thought.

#justsaying #ogunstandard - the pictures they refused to show you

I'm no hater so don't try to prove what you don't know.

Work is ongoing in the picture you provided. Just be patient and see what happens in the next 24 months.........

BTW: I have never seen you in politics section before. Property section is your abode grin
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by oilykid(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
slim fit :

Really every state you are a joker.
u ar d joker here sad sad.is there any state in nig nw dt is nt withnessin massive road n bridge constructins.i was hopin to see sumtin spectacular n uncommon bt only to see few roads wit drainages n one flyover
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by brabus(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
geeez:

Until they give you handouts, not thing government does will be beneficial

If a government decides to fix roads, it's overall effect on the economy is almost immeasurable

Travel time will be reduced, wear and tear or cars will go down, industries and farms can move their produce in less time and at reduced costs etc

Building roads of this quality and width will also ensure government makes savings in rehabilitating and expanding roads in the near future

I wish you were right but what do you have to say about a road where all the adjoining roads are totally in deplorable condition.

Can you imagine how tight the road in the picture will be by the time they introduce the drainage and other road furnitures. Come to think of it, the picture was taken at a major "T" junction.

Oga payless, this is issue about my state and especially the community which I reside so the opinion of the direct beneficiaries counts most.

Attached is the picture of one of the adjoining roads. Imagine what life will be like if 80% of the roads in the community are just a little fair than the one in the picture attached.

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Marpol: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
Oga Brabus pls tell them oh. Of what use is a six lane expressway and bridge that leads no-where? Meanwhile in the same community there are roads that are not motor-able once it rains?
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Marpol: Oga Brabus pls tell them oh. Of what use is a six lane expressway and bridge that leads no-where? Meanwhile in the same community there are roads that are not motor-able once it rains?

Six lane road is a lot for that area but it is better than doing nothing. That is the positive side of it. Four lane way would have been an ideal thing to do. I hope you agree with me.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by bloggernaija: 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
brabus:

I wish you were right but what do you have to say about a road where all the adjoining roads are totally in deplorable condition.

Can you imagine how tight the road in the picture will be by the time they introduce the drainage and other road furnitures. Come to think of it, the picture was taken at a major "T" junction.

Oga payless, this is issue about my state and especially the community which I reside so the opinion of the direct beneficiaries counts most.

Attached is the picture of one of the adjoining roads. Imagine what life will be like if 80% of the roads in the community are just a little fair than the one in the picture attached.

Rome was not built in a day .
And those places have been like that since forever .
If other administrations had done their work properly,
Then your argument would have been valid.
That road is a tertiary road.
Why should the government ignore primary/secondary road ?
ALSO, THOSE WHO USE THAT ROAD CAN LEARN WHAT YOU CALL COMMUNITY SELF HELP.
IT WILL ONLY TAKE A FEW HOURS OF ONE SATURDAY TO REMOVE SILT FROM THE DRAINAGES AND CREATE CHANNELS FOR THE WATER

2 Likes

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
If other administration had done their work properly,
IT WILL ONLY TAKE A FEW HOURS OF ONE SATURDAY TO REMOVE SILT FROM THE DRAINAGES AND CREATE CHANNELS FOR THE WATER

They want a government of less than 3 years to fix everything and when OGD (for 8years) was there busy renaming everything no one asked any of these questions.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by brabus(m): 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
bloggernaija:
If other administration had done their work properly,

I wish you were also right. Had there been no community self help, the road would have been far worse.

Rome wasn't built in a day but they definitely had a blueprint. And a good one for that matter!
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by brabus(m): 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
django1:

They want a government of less than 3 years to fix everything and when OGD (for 8years) was there busy renaming everything no one asked any of these questions.

What are you saying? We should fold our arms because one government has failed us or wait for another 8 years for magic to happen when there are other sectors to improve. We want the govt to fix our problem and not shy away from them.

I've been in other states of the federation, the community roads in Ogun state are nothing to write home about.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by bloggernaija: 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
brabus:

What are you saying? We should fold our arms because one government has failed us or wait for another 8 years for magic to happen when there are other sectors to improve. We want the govt to fix our problem and not shy away from them.

I've been in other states of the federation, the community roads in Ogun state are nothing to write home about.
My friend, you still have a lot to learn.
I bet a digital simulator which you can download online will help you out.
The state is on the right track.
When you talk about true organic economic growth without oil,
OGUN state is second only to Lagos .
The budget is healthy and a lot of construction is going on.
Whole industries are moving in and more companies are setting up shop.

Your post reveals you as one of the following

1 YOU ARE NOT OGUN STATE BECAUSE WE A TRUE OMOLUABI INSTICTIVELY KNOWS WHAT DEVELOPMENT IS ALL ABOUT.
2YOU ARE A PARTISAN(A PDP POLITICAL HACK WHICH IS DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO CLUELESSNESS) .
3YOU ARE IGNORANT OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR STATE (i.e WHAT THE STATE HAS THE CAPACITY TO DO AND CANNOT DO)
4YOU ARE IGNORANT OF WHERE THE STATE'S STRENGTH LIE AND THE NEED TO CHANNEL SPENDING TOWARDS THOSE STRENGTH.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Marpol: 7:44am On Nov 26, 2013
payless:

Six lane road is a lot for that area but it is better than doing nothing. That is the positive side of it. Four lane way would have been an ideal thing to do. I hope you agree with me.

I agree its better than doing nothing bro. That bridge at Sabo Shagamu round about is a waste of resources. A round about with solar traffic lights would have been better and the money used in building that bridge channeled into repairing another road.

Have you seen the road that leads from the Express junction to GRA of recent? Its no longer motor-able. Have you seen Sabo to Ode Road? Disaster in waiting! There are a lot of roads that need attention. Bridge building for now is not a priority. Good roads are.

1 Like

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by stebell(m): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2013
Madam Berem n oga Payless, I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ hail
O°˚˚˚. I see say una converge here wella.
Agbameta, spokesman, hw fa.
Eko Ile is not here yet. Na wa O°˚˚˚

Make una try sha. I jus D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pass O°˚˚˚.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by brabus(m): 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
bloggernaija:
My friend, you still have a lot to learn.
I bet a digital simulator which you can download online will help you out.
The state is on the right track.
When you talk about true organic economic growth without oil,
OGUN state is second only to Lagos .
The budget is healthy and a lot of construction is going on.
Whole industries are moving in and more companies are setting up shop.

Your post reveals you as one of the following

1 YOU ARE NOT OGUN STATE BECAUSE WE A TRUE OMOLUABI INSTICTIVELY KNOWS WHAT DEVELOPMENT IS ALL ABOUT.
2YOU ARE A PARTISAN(A PDP POLITICAL HACK WHICH IS DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL TO CLUELESSNESS) .
3YOU ARE IGNORANT OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR STATE (i.e WHAT THE STATE HAS THE CAPACITY TO DO AND CANNOT DO)
4YOU ARE IGNORANT OF WHERE THE STATE'S STRENGTH LIE AND THE NEED TO CHANNEL SPENDING TOWARDS THOSE STRENGTH.

The last time I checked "Democracy" means “rule of the people”. That means the world over countries that profess to being a democracy reflect the will of the people and government at all levels must work in the best interest of the people. 

It's high time our leaders learn from history and make a serious change to save our communities. What are our priorities?

Is it a flyover that leads no where or motorable roads all over?
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
brabus:

The last time I checked "Democracy" means “rule of the people”. That means the world over countries that profess to being a democracy reflect the will of the people and government at all levels must work in the best interest of the people. 

It's high time our leaders learn from history and make a serious change to save our communities. What are our priorities?

Is it a flyover that leads no where or motorable roads all over?

You tell us what your priorities are?

If you were allowed to govern, what will you do first?
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by agbameta: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
brabus:

Hare we have a thread with pictures of so many roads under construction and you pulled up some nameless and random picture to prove what point? That they are not paying any attention to roads or what because from what's in this thread, it's obvious that they are and even more, even way more than the previous administration.

Find something better to do because you are not making any sense...
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by simpleseyi: 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Marpol: Oga Brabus pls tell them oh. Of what use is a six lane expressway and bridge that leads no-where? Meanwhile in the same community there are roads that are not motor-able once it rains?

Please are you advising that instead of building a six-lane expressway, the money should be shared, so that everyone get to bite out of the national or state cake? That was exactly what Gbenga Daniel did, but the national / state cake only got to a few mouths, he is sorting himself with EFCC.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Marpol: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
simpleseyi:

Please are you advising that instead of building a six-lane expressway, the money should be shared, so that everyone get to bite out of the national or state cake? That was exactly what Gbenga Daniel did, but the national / state cake only got to a few mouths, he is sorting himself with EFCC.

Do you by any chance live in Shagamu? I do and I know what am talking about. I only said instead of building a 6 lane expressway in the middle of the town that leads to nowhere including an overhead bridge at Sabo, they could have maintained the 2 lane road, do a roundabout with traffic lights at Sabo and used the scarce resources to touch up the remaining roads.

Do you know how many millions was given out as compensation to people whose houses were pulled down? For a road in the middle of town that connects nowhere?

That is my argument.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Marpol:

Do you by any chance live in Shagamu? I do and I know what am talking about. I only said instead of building a 6 lane expressway in the middle of the town that leads to nowhere including an overhead bridge at Sabo, they could have maintained the 2 lane road, do a roundabout with traffic lights at Sabo and used the scarce resources to touch up the remaining roads.

Do you know how many millions was given out as compensation to people whose houses were pulled down? For a road in the middle of town that connects nowhere?

That is my argument.

Dear friend, you are myopic

2 Likes

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Marpol: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
geeez:

Dear friend, you are myopic

Do you live in Shagamu?

2 Likes

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Marpol:

Do you live in Shagamu?

No I don't but I know something good when I see it

1 Like

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2013
More roads in different areas including the Akute road, Sagamu, Ijebu Ode

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 7:52am On Dec 13, 2013
More from their Facebook page

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2013
Ogun State Dream Of New City Center,a Possibility- Malaysian Minister

The dream of the current administration in Ogun State to transform it into an enviable status with the New Abeokuta city center and Government city, such that it could compete favourably with many other developed states of the world has revived a boost, as it was described as a possibility in all ramifications.

This declaration was made by the Malaysian Minister Of International Trade and industry, YB Dato Sri Mustapha Mohammed, who says the project is laudable and will support the government’s course of ensuring that investors buy into the vision, noting that government must also be ready to work round the clock to achieve this goal.

The Minister Of International Trade and industry says Ogun State’s Dream of New City Centre is a Possibility.

The new Abeokuta City Centre and the new government area, a dream to modernize Ogun State which had long witnessed development, and bring drastic reversal from infrastructural decay. With these initiatives, there will be development of towns and cities into a cosmopolitan areas and would have direct impact of enhancing civilization from all corners through the exploration of the benefits inherent in such behaviour

Mr Mohammed Hafiz is the lead urban designer, and project director of the City Centre project explains more on the correction made so far on the design and what they need to do to get to their desired height

To be part of the design will be a proposed sixty storey skyscraper, expected to berth in the central city of Abeokuta, the Ogun State Capital, proposed to be the tallest in Africa, with adjoining skyscrapers that will redefine the landscape of the capital city

UPSOUND:On their bid to fast track events and make the project come to reality, the governor led a team of professionals to meet with people who have genuine intentions and can help where they have a lot to benefit in a symbiotic relationship approach. One of the groups the Governor met was the minister of International trade and industry in Malaysia who says the project is encouraging but the state needs to do more awareness and be ready to list out benefits for would-be investors

On his own, the Nigeria high commissioner to Malaysia, Ambassador Bello Sheu Ringim says he sees the will to develop Ogun State by Senator Ibikunle Amosun and he is always in support of greatness as Nigeria needs to take the bull by the horn

Senator Ibikunle Amosun, the governor of Ogun State whose job at a gathering like this is to make some assertions that are new to investors which can attract and appeal to their minds about the need to be part of this great project and he did it with passion for the state

After several meetings with so many groups who can change the fortune of the society to greatness and many who are willing to be part of the project, the governor and his team were taken round a Malaysian Exhibition centre of four thousand, five hundred square meters exclusively designed to showcase and promote various Malaysian products and services

Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2013
6,000 HECTARES CASSAVA FARM UNDERWAY IN OGUN

The Ogun State Government has taken yet another step to increase cassava production in the State as it is collaborating with the Federal Government to establish a 6,000-hectare semi-mechanised cassava farm at Ijebu Igbo in Ijebu North Local Government Area of the State.

Commissioner of Agriculture, Mrs. Ronke Sokefun who disclosed this in an interview recalled that already, the State had embarked on a 10- hectare cassava multiplication project where high yielding stem had been planted and would soon be distributed to farmers across the State.
Sokefun said while the State government is providing land and clearing equipment for the project, the Federal Government which had already constructed the road leading to the site would provide cassava stems to be planted there.

The Commissioner also disclosed that as it was planned for the rice plantation in Eggua in Yewa North Local Government, a cassava processing plant would be located close to the plantation to help process harvested cassava into finished or semi-finished products, saying the gesture would enhance price and the living condition of farmers.

Meanwhile, Sokefun said work at the ‘Green House Project’ to provide a controlled environment for the production of tomatoes, cucumber and green pepper in Kotopo and the Farmers Market in Asero had reached advanced stages. The two projects according to her, are to be commissioned by Governor Ibikunle Amosun next month.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2013
I dey laugh in Spanish!

@op, I seriously doubt all those pix were taken in Ogun state. Are u sure all those roads aren't federal?

Anyway, I don tire to they talk about Ogun state, you can deceive the people who haven't stepped their foot in Ogun state.

But we don't need propaganda/pix to know Ogun state is developing just like nobody needed it to know Lagos is developing.

I served in Ogun state, I have been to almost all LGA except 'waterside' there is absolutely nothing to write home about, except Amosun started working when I left.

Note: If these pix are less than 6months then 4get everything I just said.

I stopped believing development by pix on online site and/or TV adverts since 2011. Na only seeing it personally or 'word of mouth' fit convince me.
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by geeez: 9:17am On Dec 13, 2013
NO LONG TIN: I dey laugh in Spanish!

@op, I seriously doubt all those pix were taken in Ogun state. Are u sure all those roads aren't federal?

Anyway, I don tire to they talk about Ogun state, you can deceive the people who haven't stepped their foot in Ogun state.

But we don't need propaganda/pix to know Ogun state is developing just like nobody needed it to know Lagos is developing.

I served in Ogun state, I have been to almost all LGA except 'waterside' there is absolutely nothing to write home about, except Amosun started working when I left.

Note: If these pix are less than 6months then 4get everything I just said.

I stopped believing development by pix on online site and/or TV adverts since 2011. Na only seeing it personally or 'word of mouth' fit convince me.

No they are not Ogun but Abia pictures

Believe them now?
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2013
geeez: More roads in different areas including the Akute road, Sagamu, Ijebu Ode

Ahhh did I hear right?

Akute?

Pls which area in Akute?

Btw have u been to Akute, Lambe or Oke-aro?
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2013
django1:

Not even an harrowing tractor can be spotted in the south east bar IMO state.

Lol
Bros abeg calm down, so na only Imo state for south east they develop abi? Lwkmd, I now know the party you support/work for.

I was abt to list states(in SE) more developed than Imo in d last 2yrs but then you are probably a Yorba boy who know nothing about the South East (you only care abt APC) .

So I leave you in your delusion - 'Not even an harrowing tractor can be spotted in the south east bar IMO state'
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2013
geeez:

Believe them now?

Why are you so insecure? Because I doubt the so called 'development'? This is not Ogun vs Abia nor yoruba vs igbo.

Why do you assume that because I doubt/disprove the so called development in Ogun state therefore I'm igbo or anti yoruba. I wonder what you will say to my fellow corpers (yoruba guys) who will say worse about Ogun state.

I'm not against Ogun state or you, but I lived in Ogun state for more than a year so I know what is on ground.

If you haven't stayed in Ogun state, I don't think you have any right/justification to argue with people who have

As I said b4 nobody needed pix to know Lagos is developing so we will all know when any state including Ogun, Imo and/or Abia is
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:24am On Dec 13, 2013
geeez:

Believe them now?
Re: Development Projects In Ogun by Rufex07(m): 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
I visited Ayetoro just on Monday to do something, but as I was approaching there from the local government Secretariat what I saw was a miracle. I asked the passenger beside me if I had not boarded the wrong bus to Ayetoro. Lo and behold a saw a six lane road been constructed. The work going on there is just massive. Same goes with Joga road and other places. In fact, I heard the indigenes saying Ayetoro is now a 'small London'. The statement I could mainly say was 'God bless this government'. I was also at the new Secretariat at the Governor's office the next day and I was so Impressed at the serenity and carriage of the government workers. They attended to me professionally unlike a state I went to serve. There is still a lot to do. Inasmuch I hardly trust government, my recent experience is making me to have a rethink. NOTE: I lived in Ayetoro for 6 years before leaving for service. The transformation is taking place less than a year I last visited. God bless Ogun state, God bless Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

American Intelligence: Soviet Union / Britain Won Nigeria's Civil War / Why I Don't Believe He Is Dead (pic Inside) / Wait, Is Gov. Godwill Akpabio Running Away?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.