Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,202 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:33 AM

Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible (4305 Views)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
The most repulsive and hilarious concept in the Bible is the notion that an almighty and ever-existing/everlasting God will someday open a very large outdated book of record and those whose names are not found there will be thrown into an everlastimg fire....where there shall be weeping & gnashing of teeth!

Well, i know this kind of action is surely subhuman , not to talk of it being the plan of a loving God for 99% of his creation who never begged for him to create them in the first place....

I believe something is definitely wrong somewhere about the present idea of God we have. please what is your take !
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Ranchhoddas: 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
Fingers crossed...Looking forward to this discussion
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by ManhunterTM(m): 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Dude, not to worry, if we do end up in hell fire, we'll be dead before we know it. You know they say it's ten times hotter than the sun? We probably wouldn't even last a second in such heat.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
I know a lot of our people 'serve ' God because they don't want to go to Hell ....but can God really be this low and petty ?

Just because some frail folks you created fall short of your 'divine' standards; so they deserve to spend the next billion years in Hell fire?! Na wa o....

I don't believe a God worthy of worship could come up with this inhuman & definitely UNGODLY scheme. *the more i think of it the more roll on the floor laughing *

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
The doctrine of hell can be likened to the following scenarios :

- A Governor forbids anyone in his kingdom from beating their wives and anyone who is found guilty of breaking this law is subject to a non-stop beating for 1 year .

- A Father forbids his children from stealing in the home and when his Son is found guilty of theft he bludgeons him to death.

- God says we should not pass our children through fire in the bible yet he will pass 70% of his creation through fire for all eternity.

- God says thou shall not kill, and when people kill, God kills them over and over again for all eternity.

- God says love your enemies, but then hates his enemies for all eternity by confining them to a furnace of over 2000 degrees.

If you cannot see the contradiction in these scenarios religion has frozen your ability to think logically.

smiley
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Joshthefirst(m): 9:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
God does not accept service or actions done in petrified fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. Hell fire preaching evokes fear and bondage in the hearers, but godly preaching of repentance from sin evokes godly sorrow that leads to actual repentance and response to Gods love and sacrifice.

But Hell is very real. If there's no hell, then there's no heaven. Why should there be an eternal perfect and righteous place such as heaven then?

When you understand what eternity is, and the fact that God is also an eternal judge, then you will understand.

Until then, things done in fear evoke hatred and bondage. Its better to not know about God than to respond to him in fear and not love.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by dalaman: 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: God does not accept service or actions done in petrified fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. Hell fire preaching evokes fear and bondage in the hearers, but godly preaching of repentance from sin evokes godly sorrow that leads to actual repentance and response to Gods love and sacrifice.

But Hell is very real. If there's no hell, then there's no heaven. Why should there be an eternal perfect and righteous place such as heaven then?

When you understand what eternity is, and the fact that God is also an eternal judge, then you will understand.

Until then, things done in fear evoke hatred and bondage. Its better to not know about God than to respond to him in fear and not love.

Understand what? Why should any body end up in hell for finite disobedience? Does a sinner that lives for 30 years on earth deserve to spend eternity in hell? Does that make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
Joshthefirst:

Heaven does not need Hell to exist, Heaven has always existed and is the dwelling place of God.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Joshthefirst(m): 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
dalaman:

Understand what? Why should any body end up in hell for finite disobedience? Does a sinner that lives for 30 years on earth deserve to spend eternity in hell? Does that make sense to you?
as I said, understand what eternity is and that there's a life after death. An endless life.

What you do here tells God where you'll spend your endless eternity.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: as I said, understand what eternity is and that there's a life after death. An endless life.

What you do here tells God where you'll spend your endless eternity.

The only life after death is during the resurrection, otherwise when a man dies he is as dead as a piece of wood.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Joshthefirst(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel:

Heaven does not need Hell to exist, Heaven has always existed and is the dwelling place of God.
with respect to man and others who can choose to do wrong, there is a good and an evil, a heaven and a hell.

The bible clearly gives that implication.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Joshthefirst(m): 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel:

The only life after death is during the resurrection, otherwise when a man dies he is as dead as a piece of wood.
although I disagree with you, we still end up saying the same thing in the end. There is a lake of fire. Evil will be dealth with in the end. Not so?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: with respect to man and others who can choose to do wrong, there is a good and an evil, a heaven and a hell.

The bible clearly gives that implication.

So as soon as man was created Hell was also created ?

Can you tell us exactly when this hell was created ?

Can you also tell us why God did not warn the old testament people of this place or are you calling God a deceiver ?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel: The doctrine of hell can be likened to the following scenarios :

- A Governor forbids anyone in his kingdom from beating their wives and anyone who is found guilty of breaking this law is subject to a non-stop beating for 1 year .

- A Father forbids his children from stealing in the home and when his Son is found guilty of theft he bludgeons him to death.

Wow....i just can't stop laughing ! how on earth does this hellfire doctrine survive through the years . I sincerely believe this evil doctrine invalidates the bible as the truth!

- God says we should not pass our children through fire in the bible yet he will pass 70% of his creation through fire for all eternity.

- God says thou shall not kill, and when people kill, God kills them over and over again for all eternity.

- God says love your enemies, but then hates his enemies for all eternity by confining them to a furnace of over 2000 degrees.

If you cannot see the contradiction in these scenarios religion has frozen your ability to think logically.

smiley

@ frostbel thou art a brilliant man!

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Joshthefirst(m): 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel:

So as soon as man was created Hell was also created ?

Can you tell us exactly when this hell was created ?

Can you also tell us why God did not warn the old testament people of this place or are you calling God a deceiver ?
no sir. I do not know when hell was created. But I know that it was created for all who rebel against God. I also know that hell houses the angels in bonds waiting for judgement(according to the bible)
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
hmmm........the Hell doctrine could only have emanated from the heart of vindictive, unforgiving early men .

And to think this is one of the greatest driving force of religion especially Christianity!

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: no sir. I do not know when hell was created. But I know that it was created for all who rebel against God. I also know that hell houses the angels in bonds waiting for judgement(according to the bible)

You are assuming what the bible does not clearly say , you are not sure when hell was created

Can you also tell us why it was not once mentioned to Adam and Eve as the punishment for sin , neither was it mentioned to Enoch, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Job, David nor the apostles or early church. In fact Hell is not mentioned in the Acts of the apostles or any of Pauls epistles. Why ?

Bro, stop following tradition, read your bible.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
@joshthefirst .....nobody wants to deliberately rebel against God ; assuming he exists .We only are saying that our daily honest,sincere and objective experiences do not support a personal and caring God .

doctrines such as the hellfire doctrines only make it clearer to us that the whole bible story may not be anything other than a scatter-brain schema !
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Joshthefirst(m): 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel:

You are assuming what the bible does not clearly say , you are not sure when hell was created

Can you also tell us why it was not once mentioned to Adam and Eve as the punishment for sin , neither was it mentioned to Enoch, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Job, David nor the apostles or early church. In fact Hell is not mentioned in the Acts of the apostles or any of Pauls epistles. Why ?

Bro, stop following tradition, read your bible.
Jesus spoke of hell.

Jesus revealed the lake of fire in the book of revelation.

I read my bible very well thank you. You are yet to show me where the bible says there's no hell or debunks the reality of it.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: Jesus spoke of hell.

Jesus revealed the lake of fire in the book of revelation.

I read my bible very well thank you. You are yet to show me where the bible says there's no hell or debunks the reality of it.

Jesus spoke of Gehenna , and this was symbolic of the destruction of the wicked that will take place at the end of times after judgement.

This is the only 'hell' Jesus ever spoke of , and it was not for tormenting, it was for the judgement of the unrepentant wicked.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Joshthefirst(m): 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus spoke of Gehenna , and this was symbolic of the destruction of the wicked that will take place at the end of times after judgement.

This is the only 'hell' Jesus ever spoke of , and it was not for tormenting, it was for the judgement of the unrepentant wicked.
will they cease to exist? As in disappear?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by God2man(m): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
Who else will preach there is nothing like hell? When Jesus preached about it. Who else?

I rest my case.

God will help us.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by UyiIredia(m): 11:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
Despite froLsbel's steadfast campaign to cure his Protestant brethren of the hell foctrine, many live in fear of this unseen and unevidenced (outside of fabulous tales by people, some claimed to be ressurrected) place. froLsbel is not a JW so dem no fit bone am, and im dey also take strong hand knack akpako for Catholics. I think I will find in him a worthy ally in stomping out this concept once and for all. True or not, the idea is pure evil.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 3:20am On Nov 25, 2013
Those who do not believe in the concept of hell. You will have a lot of work to do to explain the very clear teaching of Christ, the writings of Paul and Peter, and what is in the book of Revelations. There are too many scriptures to count that speak clearly on this matter. I am quite interested in your interpretation of them.

Hell is not a reprehensible concept. The bible makes it clear that it was a place prepared for the devil and his angels. But man's choice will take him there if he rejects Christ.

I am interested in your interpretation of the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man that Jesus spoke.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 3:36am On Nov 25, 2013
It should be stated clearly though that the final destination for all those who did not receive Christ is the lake of fire, the second death. Oftentimes this is spoken synonymously with hell but they are separate things. Hell (Sheol in the OT and Hades in the NT) is not permanent, the lake of fire is (the second death) is.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:34am On Nov 25, 2013
Let something be clear.....am not a JW; rather am happily agnostic .

All the while when i was going faithfully to church i never stopped feeling that this my 'loving ' God must be a lil bit sadistic each time the pastors scared us with hellfire.

Even base humanity has developed an humane penitentiary system even for hardened criminals, how can a noble God take so much joy in the in an irrational, disproportional & definitely 'ungodly' method of eternal punishment for us weak humans?

well, if truely there is a hell , i know 99% of those who think they are heaven bound will also find themselves in hell because at the very least, according to recent revelations, using rubber threads for your hair also qualifies one for hell fire....

*still laughing since yesterday*

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:42am On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy: It should be stated clearly though that the final destination for all those who did not receive Christ is the lake of fire, the second death. Oftentimes this is spoken synonymously with hell but they are separate things. Hell (Sheol in the OT and Hades in the NT) is not permanent, the lake of fire is (the second death
) is.

Dear one you are still quoting from the much discredited bible.

How can we seriously take the bible for what it says when it declares the earth to be only 6000 years old and the earth flat ? It took the rationality and logic of questioning and thinking men to get humanity to the present level of civilization .
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 5:50am On Nov 25, 2013
Oduduwaboy:

How can we seriously take the bible for what it says when it declares the earth to be only 6000 years old and the earth flat ? It took the rationality and logic of questioning and thinking men to get humanity to the present level of civilization .

Please point to where the bible states that the earth is 6000 years old or where the bible states the earth is flat.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 5:58am On Nov 25, 2013
Oduduwaboy:

Please see below.

Have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:21, 22 NKJV)

Are these not the cosmological truths we hold to today.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy: Those who do not believe in the concept of hell. You will have a lot of work to do to explain the very clear teaching of Christ, the writings of Paul and Peter, and what is in the book of Revelations. There are too many scriptures to count that speak clearly on this matter. I am quite interested in your interpretation of them.

Hell is not a reprehensible concept. The bible makes it clear that it was a place prepared for the devil and his angels. But man's choice will take him there if he rejects Christ.

I am interested in your interpretation of the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man that Jesus spoke.
This topic has long been thrashed on this forum.The JW have their own definition contrary to clear teachings from scriptures about Hell.

The truth is Hell is real and Heaven is real. The story of lazarus and the rich man is not a parable but a certainty.

Encircling religious spirits will claim that we are holding onto traditions and doctrines of old, but thats a demonic lie from the pit of hell itself.

satan knows that if he can bring more confusion on this matter,he will have more converts who are comfortable with living a life of illusion.

satan himself is defiled and he seeks to defile everything that he touches,especially ignorant folks who interpret scripture with human standards and understanding rather than by the Holy Spirit.

satan is indeed a speaking and arrogant spirit,you can see so many cults all over the place claiming they understood the hell doctrine using their rational thinking,reason and human efforts and not with the Help of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:11am On Nov 25, 2013
NativeBoy: Those who do not believe in the concept of hell. You will have a lot of work to do to explain the very clear teaching of Christ, the writings of Paul and Peter, and what is in the book of Revelations. There are too many scriptures to count that speak clearly on this matter. I am quite interested in your interpretation of them.

I am interested in your interpretation of the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man that Jesus

this was just one of the many bible stories. Don't let the religious jobmen confuse you.....stop twisting your own bible

spoke.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 25, 2013
Bidam: This topic has long been thrashed on this forum.The JW have their own definition contrary to clear teachings from scriptures about Hell.

The truth is Hell is real and Heaven is real. The story of lazarus and the rich man is not a parable but a certainty.

Encircling religious spirits will claim that we are holding onto traditions and doctrines of old, but thats a demonic lie from the pit of hell itself.

satan knows that if he can bring more confusion on this matter,he will have more converts who are comfortable with living a life of illusion.

satan himself is defiled and he seeks to defile everything that he touches,especially ignorant folks who interpret scripture with human standards and understanding rather than by the Holy Spirit.

satan is indeed a speaking and arrogant spirit,you can see so many cults all over the place claiming they understood the hell doctrine using their rational thinking,reason and human efforts and not with the Help of the Holy Spirit.

Satan is the author and finisher of the hell fire doctrine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference Between Being A Child Of God And A Son Of God / When Last Did You Attend House Fellowship? / Karl Marx - Atheist Or Satanist? The Truth Behind The Curtain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.