Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible (4201 Views)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
Not 1 day, not 1 month, not 1 year , in fact not even 1 millions years , worse still not a trillion years , but forever and ever and ever and ever with no way out , no escape, no reprieve, burning in 20,000 degrees of intense flames and sulphur , excruciating pain, regret, suffering and the millions of screams from demons, aliens ( grin ) , murderers and even SATAN himself.

Now try matching this image with God's character and imagine a God who made his creation knowing that he will at one point or the other subject 90% of them to this horrendous future

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you " - Matthew 5:43-44

"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." - Psalm 30:5

"For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back" - Isaiah 54:7

"for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men" - Lamentations 3:33

"You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods." - Deuteronomy 12:31

And they burned their sons and their daughters as offerings and used divination and omens and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger. Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them out of his sight. None was left but the tribe of Judah only - 2 Kings 17:17-18

“For the sons of Judah have done evil in my sight, declares the Lord. They have set their detestable things in the house that is called by my name, to defile it. And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind - Jeremiah 7:30-34

The god that these people worship, is he really the Almighty Yahweh, the creator of Heaven and Earth.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
NativeBoy:

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (Revelation 20:10 NKJV)

From that ^ your quotation, it says the devil will be cast into the lake of fire.

Can a literal physical fire burn the devil a spirit being without physical body ? You answer please.

And again, death and Hedes(grave) was also cast into this lake of fire:

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:14).

Do you mind telling me how literal fire can burn those up there ? "death and hell(grave).

Am waiting.

Peace.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
NativeBoy:

I said none of what you are alleging that I did.

So, you did not say that Lazarus was in the Bosom of Abraham ?

Where then is the bosom of Abraham ?

You are saying that the rich man and Lazarus was just a parable and did not happend right ?

Hence, never you bring it up here again as evidence during debate if you never said that Abraham was in Heaven, against Jesus words that no man has ever ascended to heaven.

Peace.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
truthislight:

From that ^ your quotation, it says the devil will be cast into the lake of fire.

Can a literal physical fire burn the devil a spirit being without physical body ? You answer please.

And again, death and Hedes(grave) was also cast into this lake of fire:

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:14).

Do you mind telling me how literal fire can burn those up there ? "death and hell(grave).

Am waiting.

Peace.

Sure if you can tell me where I talked about a literal fire.

The point is that there is a place if eternal torment.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 9:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
truthislight:

So, you did not say that Lazarus was in the Bosom of Abraham ?

Where then is the bosom of Abraham ?

You are saying that the rich man and Lazarus was just a parable and did not happend right ?

Hence, never you bring it up here again as evidence during debate if you never said that Abraham was in Heaven, against Jesus words that no man has ever ascended to heaven.

Peace.

I said it has been argued that it was an actual story and not a parable. Didn't say I took that position. In fact, I went on to say that whether one considers the story to be actual or a parable isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not Hell is spoken of as a real place or symbolically. I take the position that it is a real place.

I think you read something into my post that wasn't there.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
NativeBoy:

I said it has been argued that it was an actual story and not a parable. Didn't say I took that position. In fact, I went on to say that whether one considers the story to be actual or a parable isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not Hell is spoken of as a real place or symbolically. I take the position that it is a real place.

I think you read something into my post that wasn't there.

and your position is not biblical.

Can you answer these questions :

1. If we were to take the parable of Lazarus as fact, it infers that there is not ONE hell but TWO, i.e one after death and another after judgement.

Q1 : Can you tell the house which HELL Jesus was referring to when he preached on this subject ?

2. Consider the following scripture and answer the questions.

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:14

In the following scripture , note the following points :

1. Death gave up the dead
2. The sea gave up the dead
3. Hell or Hades gave up the dead.

Q 1. If people die and go to Hell immediately, why are they not all in Hell, why are some in the sea ?
Q 2. What does 'Death gave up the dead' mean in relation to 'Hell gave up the dead'
Q 3. Death is also thrown into the lake of fire, does this mean Death will also be tormented forever and never die ?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
NativeBoy:

Sure if you can tell me where I talked about a literal fire.

The point is that there is a place if eternal torment.

That ^ has no basis in the bible and your word is inconsequential.

Why ? the things that were thrown into the lake of fire ceases to exist.

see:

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:4).
^^
Death was thrown into the lake of fire and in the next four verses, it was "no more" as the above scripture shows.

Meaning that the other things that were thrown with it into the lake of fire will also be "no more".

So, lake of fire = obliteration or symbol of complete distruction in the bible.

See, in the first death, their is a promise of a resurrection, but "second death", there is no hope of coming back, hence = Permanent distruction.

So, second death = permanent dIstruction and it is = lake of fire.

So, fire in the bible symbolises a distruction by God that has no hope of return.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
frosbel:

1. If we were to take the parable of Lazarus as fact, it infers that there is not ONE hell but TWO, i.e one after death and another after judgement.

Q1 : Can you tell the house which HELL Jesus was referring to when he preached on this subject ?

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:14

Q 1. If people die and go to Hell immediately, why are they not all in Hell, why are some in the sea ?
Q 2. What does 'Death gave up the dead' mean in relation to 'Hell gave up the dead'
Q 3. Death is also thrown into the lake of fire, does this mean Death will also be tormented forever and never die ?

Thanks.

They have let tradition to blind them.

Keep on helping them.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

Thanks.

1. There aren't two Hells. Only one. The soul of a dead unbeliever currently resides in hell. The lake of fire is an entirely different thing from hell.

2. It is clear that it is bodies that are being given up by the sea. The word Hell in that scripture is better translated as the grave. You will notice that in scripture, death and hell (the grave) are very often used together. Paul uses them together in 1 Cor. 15. It is simply meant to convey that the grave is a representation of death. The idea in Revelations is essentially that no matter how your body perished, in the sea, decay by burial, however, that body will be called out of death.

3. Death being cast in the lake of fire signifies the destruction of death. This is the same for the unbelievers. Now there is not much more said about death being cast into the lake of fire. But you know what I won't do, I won't start trying to make things fit my thinking. I'll simply accept that further information isn't available. But the information that is available is what happens to unbelievers. And every time that information is provided, the text often includes phrases like "forever and ever", "everlasting", "eternal", etc.

I might even understand if those phrases show up in one place but they don't. They show up over and over. So my question to you is, how are you able to twist the meaning of words like "eternal", "forever and ever", and "everlasting". Did these words all of a sudden lose their meaning?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 27, 2013
[quote author=NativeBoy]

1. There aren't two Hells. Only one. The soul of a dead unbeliever currently resides in hell. The lake of fire is an entirely different thing from hell.

But Jesus was not referring to a HELL , he was referring to Gehenna which is the same term used to describe the lake of fire.

2. It is clear that it is bodies that are being given up by the sea. The word Hell in that scripture is better translated as the grave. You will notice that in scripture, death and hell (the grave) are very often used together. Paul uses them together in 1 Cor. 15. It is simply meant to convey that the grave is a representation of death. The idea in Revelations is essentially that no matter how your body perished, in the sea, decay by burial, however, that body will be called out of death.

First off, you have opened a can of worms, I am glad you used the word grave , because most places where Hell is used, the reference is to the grave and not to a mythical place of fiery torment. You cannot use the word HELL as the grave when it suits you and then use it to mean something else when it does not suit you , may i suggest you use a lexicon in the future to lend some conformity to your stance.

Hell in 95% of cases always refers to the grave like you rightly said , either as Sheol in the old testament where both the wicked and righteous descended after death , but also Hades in the new testament , a Greek concept by the way , where the wicked departed after death.

To give you a clue about the fallaciousness of the rich man and Lazarus parable, the Hell used here actually means Hades which again represents the grave or state of death not a place where spirits go to after death.

"In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side." - Luke 16:23

Jesus was definitely not referring to Hades when he said :

"And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell." - Matthew 18:9

Hell here is γέεννανd in Greek and pronounced geennan and spelt Gehenna in English language. What does Gehenna mean though ? Lets go to strongs dictionary for answers :

Gehenna, a valley W. and S. of Jer. , also a symbolic name for the final place of punishment of the ungodly.

Gehenna is the place of destruction of the wicked at the end times after the resurrection.

To recap :

- There are 4 interpretations of Hell :

i. Hades ( gravedom - Greek )
ii. Sheol ( gravedom - Hebrew )
ii. Tartarus ( prison for fallen angels - Greek )
iv. Gehenna ( Lake of Fire - Greek )

3. Death being cast in the lake of fire signifies the destruction of death. This is the same for the unbelievers. Now there is not much more said about death being cast into the lake of fire. But you know what I won't do, I won't start trying to make things fit my thinking. I'll simply accept that further information isn't available. But the information that is available is what happens to unbelievers. And every time that information is provided, the text often includes phrases like "forever and ever", "everlasting", "eternal", etc.

The information is available if you take the time to study with a concordance and lexicon.

Everlasting means the life of an age for example, check it up - you can get a lexicon here - http://biblehub.com/

The lake of fire talks about destruction, in fact death itself will be destroyed which means death will forever be abolished.

2 Likes

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 10:14am On Nov 27, 2013
NativeBoy:

I might even understand if those phrases show up in one place but they don't. They show up over and over. So my question to you is, how are you able to twist the meaning of words like "eternal", "forever and ever", and "everlasting". Did these words all of a sudden lose their meaning?

Those words ehphersisis the seriouseness of the destruction, that it is for all eternity.

Like the smoke or the distruction of sodom of gomorah and its fire burning for ever and ever even though there is no literal fire there now.

But the fire burning for ever and ever shows that that destruction is everlasting and symbolises everlasting destruction.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2013
frosbel:

first off, you have opened a can of worms, I am glad you used the word grave , because most places where Hell is used, the reference is to the grave and not to a mythical place of fiery torment. You cannot use the word HELL as the grave when it suits you and then use it to mean something else when it does not suit you , may i suggest you use a lexicon in the future to lend some conformity to your stance.

Hell in 95% of cases always refers to the grave like you rightly said , either as Sheol in the old testament where both the wicked and righteous descended after death , but also Hades in the new testament , a Greek concept by the way , where the wicked departed after death.

To give you a clue about the fallaciousness of the rich man and Lazarus parable, the Hell used here actually means Hades which again represents the grave or state of death not a place where spirits go to after death.

"In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side." - Luke 16:23

Jesus was definitely not referring to Hades when he said :

"And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell." - Matthew 18:9

Hell here is γέεννανd in Greek and pronounced geennan and spelt Gehenna in English language. What does Gehenna mean though ? Lets go to strongs dictionary for answers :

Gehenna, a valley W. and S. of Jer. , also a symbolic name for the final place of punishment of the ungodly.

Gehenna is the place of destruction of the wicked at the end times after the resurrection.

To recap :

- There are 4 interpretations of Hell :

i. Hades ( gravedom - Greek )
ii. Sheol ( gravedom - Hebrew )
ii. Tartarus ( prison for fallen angels - Greek )
iv. Gehenna ( Lake of Fire - Greek )

The information is available if you take the time to study with a concordance and lexicon.

Everlasting means the life of an age for example, check it up - you can get a lexicon here - http://biblehub.com/

The lake of fire talks about destruction, in fact death itself will be destroyed which means death will forever be abolished.

A little addition to that ^ is that, during Jesus time on earth, this Gehenna was a refuse dump outside the walls of Jerusalam.

So, it was a symbolic place.

Peace
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Kyase(m): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2013
NativeBoy: Those who do not believe in the concept of hell. You will have a lot of work to do to explain the very clear teaching of Christ, the writings of Paul and Peter, and what is in the book of Revelations. There are too many scriptures to count that speak clearly on this matter. I am quite interested in your interpretation of them.

Hell is not a reprehensible concept. The bible makes it clear that it was a place prepared for the devil and his angels. But man's choice will take him there if he rejects Christ.

I am interested in your interpretation of the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man that Jesus spoke.

can u please Define parable for me and then explain ur definition.
Mitchew.
Does parable have eternal meaning or earthly meaning?
Use that as ur guidelines.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 11:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

We just appear to be going back and forth trying to discuss a huge topic. Let's break it down to bits and for now focus on the issue of what happens to the unbeliever when they die.

What is your position?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
NativeBoy:

We just appear to be going back and forth trying to discuss a huge topic. Let's break it down to bits and for now focus on the issue of what happens to the unbeliever when they die.

What is your position?

"The wages of sin is death", i belieive you have red that befor ?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 6:12am On Nov 29, 2013
truthislight:

"The wages of sin is death", i belieive you have red that befor ?

Ok. So what is the judgment in Revelations about then?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2013
NativeBoy:

Ok. So what is the judgment in Revelations about then?

"The dead are unconsciouse of nothing", the bible says.

So, all those that have died are just dead, the next thing for them is their resurection and then all will be Judge by Jesus christ,;

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgement. " (John 5:28-29).

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;" (2 Timothy 4:1).

"Because God hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." (Acts 17:31).
..........................................:....

That 'day' of Judgement is = 1000yrs as shown in Revelation 20:

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." (Psalm 90:4).

People that have never heard about Jesus befor they die will be given equal opurtunity like we today that have heard and made our choices.

They will be taught the things in the scrolls that will be open:

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." (Revelation 20:12).
After that teaching, those that refuses to respond will be destroyed, and that will be their second dead, ofcouse, there is no promise of a resurrection from the second dead.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
truthislight:

So, all those that have died are just dead, the next thing for them is their resurection and then all will be Judge by Jesus christ,;

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgement. " (John 5:28-29).

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;" (2 Timothy 4:1).

"Because God hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead." (Acts 17:31).

"For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night." (Psalm 90:4).

People that have never heard about Jesus befor they die will be given equal opurtunity like we today that have heard and made our choices.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." (Revelation 20:12).
After that teaching, those that refuses to respond will be destroyed, and that will be their second dead, ofcouse, there is no promise of a resurrection from the second dead.

Peace.

There are a few problems with the way you quoted those scripture but I won't focus on that now.

My question is not what happens to the body but the soul?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
truthislight:

Peace.

There are a few problems with the way you quoted those scripture but I won't focus on that now.

My question is not what happens to the body but the soul? Where does the soul go after death?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
NativeBoy:

My question is not what happens to the body but the soul? Where does the soul go after death?

What problems are you having with the 'soul' ?
What do you understand the soul to be ?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
frosbel:

The only life after death is during the resurrection, otherwise when a man dies he is as dead as a piece of wood.

Full stop!!! If na witnesses wey talk am, dey go carry bad mouth kill am.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
NativeBoy:

And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul

the breath of life + lifeless soul = the living soul

living soul - the breath of life = dead soul.

If God bever gave Adam the breath of life, do you think Adam would have been living elsewhere?

Where did Adam go after death?

Gen. 3:19
In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.

God never said that if you eat the fruit you will burn in hellfire. If that hellfire existed, would'nt it have been the warning that will scare them the most?

After all, if anyone should burn in hellfire, it should be Adam and Eve who started this bad course. not so?

Cain was a murderer, but God reduced his punishment. Gen 4:14, how then will this God punish a liar one millionth more than he has sinned? Do you think that that God you read about in the bible can sit and watch people who will beg in hell for a reduction of the punishment in hellfire, and watch them burn to eternity? Not just for them to burn and die off, but burn eternally without dying? ah!!! I dont think He can do that. What if someone there cry and say he wont sin again or for reduction of the punishment like Cain, you think He will keep looking and reject the plea? Just read about the God of the bible once again.

Granted, he punishes sinners, but He can do it to that extent bro.

The soul is mortal. Immortality of the soul is not biblical but came from pagans. Ezek. 18:4

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2013
Look no further o ye people ,HELL is what sub-saharan Africa is, as a result of inept government & failure of the people to set themselves free from mental slavery !

Its hell when its a reason to testify in church when one obtains visa to America , its hell when there is a gross infrastructural deficit of 1 trillion dollars , of course its hell when corruption daily takes away the hope for tomorrow from you and you are being asked to pray & fast by men of 'god'......
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2013
JMAN05:

Full stop!!! If na witnesses wey talk am, dey go carry bad mouth kill am.

Even Job discounts their LIEs.

Job 14:12 - "So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep."
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
frosbel:

Even Job discounts their LIEs.

Job 14:12 - "So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep."

a million likes!
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2013
So what you are all saying is there is no resurrection of the dead?
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 8:18am On Dec 01, 2013
And what do you make of this scripture?
Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7 NKJV)

And this one?
But I will warn you whom you should fear: fear Him Who, after killing, has power to hurl into hell (Gehenna); yes, I say to you, fear Him! (Luke 12:5 AMP)

Is this parabolic? Or is Christ saying that there is a place where souls go.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
NativeBoy: So what you are all saying is there is no resurrection of the dead?

How did you arrived at such ^ conclussion ?

Who made such comment ?

Is it not you we should be asking such quetsions ? Afteral, you wish to tell us that the soul is immortal, if the soul is immortal, where does it go to at ones death ?

Heaven ? Why then bring him back ?

Hell ? If its your place of torment, why then bring him back and why send him to such befor Judgement ? (though there is no such place)

I feel you are attempting to accuss us wrongly since no one has said such on this thread, else show evidence of such.

Smh.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
We have already exterblished how the bible uses the word 'fire', as illustrated by 'death' and 'Grave' being thrown there(lake of fire) and it ceases to be for ever, in Rev 20:14 and 21:4.

As to the below, you seem to be having problems with the word 'sprit', spirit is translated from Greek pneuma(as in pneumatics).

I dont know how you input live to that ^.

You have to read Gen 2:7 again and see if that spirit God blew into Adam was living somewhere befor it was put into Adam.

NativeBoy: And what do you make of this scripture?
Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7 NKJV)

that same spirit keeps animal and insect, maggot, worms, ant etc, alive, do they all go back to God ?

NativeBoy:
And this one?
But I will warn you whom you should fear: fear Him Who, after killing, has power to hurl into hell (Gehenna); yes, I say to you, fear Him! (Luke 12:5 AMP)

we have told you that fire is a symbol of a destruction by God in the bible and hence permanent.

When God is the one doing the destroying, it is always pictured as fire in the bible.

The bible also calls God a consuming fire. So, when God does the destruction, fire is use to show it, and if God kills someone, no other person can ever wrestle God and change the outcome and bring that person back to life.

But like that scripture puts it, if other persons does the killing, it is only the "body" that they can impact, hence, no need to fear such a person since God will and can still restore the person back to life in the resurrection.

But when God does the killing, he will destroy the persons "body" and the possibility of the persons life being restored is also gone, finito!!!

Soul, equals to the living person, such 'life'. Only God can say that a person should not have life again. = "destruction of the soul"

all God needs to do to ensure that the person never have life again is to never restore the "breath of life" back to the body of that person for all eternity, and hence there will never be that soul again.

NativeBoy:
Is this parabolic? Or is Christ saying that there is a place where souls go.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a 'living soul'." (Genesis 2:7).

Where was that ^ soul befor the breath of life was put into the body
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by NativeBoy: 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
Please just speak to what Jesus is saying about a soul being cast into hell.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by truthislight: 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
NativeBoy: Please just speak to what Jesus is saying about a soul being cast into hell.

Permanent destruction of ones life by God.
Re: Hell Fire: The Most Repulsive Concept In The Bible by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 02, 2013
NativeBoy: So what you are all saying is there is no resurrection of the dead?

chapter 14:13-15

O that in She′ol you would conceal me,

That you would keep me secret until your anger turns back,

That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!

14 If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?

All the days of my compulsory labor I shall wait,

Until my relief comes.

15 You will call, and I myself shall answer you.

For the work of your hands you will have a yearning."

You shall be in the grave until he calls. that is only when you will rise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VIDEO: A Pastor Caught In The Act – Pants Down!!! (VIDEO) / How I Was Healed Of Shortsightedness By God / Islam's Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.