Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

So What Is God's Standard? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So What Is God's Standard? (399 Views)

God's Standard Ways Before Going Into Any Marriage. / God's Standard Of Judgement At The Last Day / Can You Ever Live Up To God's Standard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

So What Is God's Standard? by jamael(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
The essence of this topic is not to create room for argument, avenue for insults or platform for obscenities.
This has been on the minds of many. Whenever we hear a message about eternity, in the inner part of our consciousness, we tend to look for answers to this issues. The lack of solution has made many to see themselves in the light of atheism (out of frustration not of concession). This is obvious in the threads that fill this site. Questions that need answers that are not forth coming. It is my prayer that this will touch the life of as many that read this.
First, I want to point out certain facts:
1. The fear of hell will not take you to heaven.
2. God still loves us in spite of our shortcomings
3. God is a consuming fire.
4. God and his standards never change.
We might think of the Irony in No. 2 and 3, but that's our God for you.
the first step is in the popular passage. John 3:16. First acknowledge that you are included in that word :"world" and that the death of Jesus was for you. N.B You are not as terrible as Saul but God still loved him and his epistles still reach out to many today. That God has still not Changed. '...while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.' God is not against us because of our sins. He is for us against our sins. So, come to him Boldly. The second is to believe that He died to take away our sins. (He did that for Saul, he has not changed). Confess your sins to God (John 14:6) I am the way...' '... no one comes to my father except by me'. Repent and determine in your heart not to go back to them.
this serves as a foundation for God to build his standards on. Just as a law student may not understand the joy of integrating correctly, so Will one who has not accepted Jesus into his heart the Joy and principles therein.
Finally, seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and EVERY OTHER THING WILL BE ADDED unto you. (without exception). God bless you richly.

(1) (Reply)

Black Magic / Purposeful Life / The Christmas Thread. Countdown To... Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.