Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges (13742 Views)

Dan Foster Falls-off Chair On Nigeria’s Got Talent (Pictures) / Kate Henshaw Embarrassed A Contestant In Nigeria Got Talent Audition (Video) / Amarachi Uyanne Wins Nigeria’s Got Talent [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by JingoOAU(m): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
I was watching the show on sunday with my cousin, I was so pissed off with the attitudes of the judges, especially that of Kate Henshaw, she was so amateurish that she over-emphasise her ignorance in music.

I can't imagine a judge, just because the music of a contestant is not satisfying to the ears, you walked out from the stage and started giving complains to the people at the back stage.

By the way, what does an actress know about music in the first place? What does a presenter and producer know about music? I think hypocrisy has eaten deep into our fabrics to the extent that our inner minds is so shallow and awkward

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Sexytemi(f): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
I cant blive wat u guys are saying, it's really bad ooo, how can u say kate is being sentimental, she da best, do u expect dem 2 give a yes 2 poor talents?, n doz kids are lovely, dey dance more dan most of d adult dancers, i dnt knw y nigerias are always beefin each oda, amarachi won cuz of votes, not cuz of kate, n if any of u have really watch america got talent, den u'll see dat kate aint sentimental, infact she's sincere nt allowin emotions 2 over ride her in makin d right judgement, so u guys shuld stop beefing her cuz she gave sm1 dat cried a no.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by clans(f): 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sexytemi: I cant blive wat u guys are saying, it's really bad ooo, how can u say kate is being sentimental, she da best, do u expect dem 2 give a yes 2 poor talents?, n doz kids are lovely, dey dance more dan most of d adult dancers, i dnt knw y nigerias are always beefin each oda, amarachi won cuz of votes, not cuz of kate, n if any of u have really watch america got talent, den u'll see dat kate aint sentimental, infact she's sincere nt allowin emotions 2 over ride her in makin d right judgement, so u guys shuld stop beefing her cuz she gave sm1 dat cried a no.
no we aint beefing her, we r just not happy with her judging style, either she wasn't schooled well on how to be a judge or she is trying too hard. those kids in a group with a Christian like name that their instructor came on stage did a very poor rendition of ballet, their costume was very poor, looking more like a las Vegas show girls apparel and they kept on repeating the same stunts over and over again, and I bet u they purposely brought the 3 years old girl for sentiments.. I'm actually indifferent about Kate, but she is just too loud for my liking and as a judge you should give hopes and not dash them on the rocks. and that guy that cried was not good a tall then I got pissed off when he started asking God why, amarachi won cos she got high vote I believe and dats cos of the praises she kept on getting from the judges while there where other people with TALENTS.. I'm happy she won don't get me wrong but my ish is with the judge
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by dynamicbuzz(f): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
Kate henshaw really brought herself so low....I mean,which kind of judge presses button for another judge ,I was really pissed off when I watched it. She even walked out on a contestant,who does that?
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Sexytemi(f): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
When the guy dat came 2 murder 2face song ws singin, dan n kate press d X button, bt d last judge didnt cuz he wanted 2 embarass d guy, n @ d end gave him a No, den heaven came on stage n d 3rd judge ws doin d same fin, which upsetted kate, it culd av upsetted any1, pierce in america got talent has left d stage b4, so kate didnt do anyfin wrong, cuz d slim guy as u called him ws jst gonna embarass dat guy by not pressin d X button o, it's called nigeria got talent' and not nigeria got no talent, so dey have 2 pick people worth it, and not pick on emotional grounds oooo, so pls get ur facts straight b4 trying 2 soil sm1's reputation. Because all she did ws 2 stop d slim judge 4rm disgracin a guy who came on stage 2 disgrace himself.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Akiika: 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
I suggest someone should create a show to sensitize Nigerians on the normal way a society should be. Too many Nigerians have been sadly gotten used to the bad shape it is that they think it's normal.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Sexytemi(f): 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
clans:
no we aint beefing her, we r just not happy with her judging style, either she wasn't schooled well on how to be a judge or she is trying too hard. those kids in a group with a Christian like name that their instructor came on stage did a very poor rendition of ballet, their costume was very poor, looking more like a las Vegas show girls apparel and they kept on repeating the same stunts over and over again, and I bet u they purposely brought the 3 years old girl for sentiments.. I'm actually indifferent about Kate, but she is just too loud for my liking and as a judge you should give hopes and not dash them on the rocks. and that guy that cried was not good a tall then I got pissed off when he started asking God why, amarachi won cos she got high vote I believe and dats cos of the praises she kept on getting from the judges while there where other people with TALENTS.. I'm happy she won don't get me wrong but my ish is with the judge
But dats wat she's paid 2 do, 2 b strict and not emotional, i felt pity 4 dat guy dat cried, bt he got no talent, u dnt expect her 2 give him a yes cuz he cried, den she'll av 2 give al oda constetant yes 2 na, see ehn, wat she did aint bad, if u wanna knw more abt judgin, go n watch america got talent n see wat happens oo, n abt doz kids, dey tried ooo, cuz doz stunts dey did, most kids out dere cnt do it, n it takes alot of courage 4 doz kids 2 go on dat stage, n @ d end it's we viewers dat has d last say n not kate nor dan, u guys shuld understand dat it's her job, dey were great talent last year, bt amarachi ws d 1 dat captivated mi, so i dnt fink dere ws any partiallity done o, blame d viewers n nt d judges.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
God help us n make my Guy win oh.....
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by naturalwaves: 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sexytemi:
But dats wat she's paid 2 do, 2 b strict and not emotional, i felt pity 4 dat guy dat cried, bt he got no talent, u dnt expect her 2 give him a yes cuz he cried, den she'll av 2 give al oda constetant yes 2 na, see ehn, wat she did aint bad, if u wanna knw more abt judgin, go n watch america got talent n see wat happens oo, n abt doz kids, dey tried ooo, cuz doz stunts dey did, most kids out dere cnt do it, n it takes alot of courage 4 doz kids 2 go on dat stage, n @ d end it's we viewers dat has d last say n not kate nor dan, u guys shuld understand dat it's her job, dey were great talent last year, bt amarachi ws d 1 dat captivated mi, so i dnt fink dere ws any partiallity done o, blame d viewers n nt d judges.

What are you still arguing about Miss? When more than three persons start saying the same thing you should know that there must be something really wrong in the subject they referring to.

Listen, no one is asking her to be emotional because any emotional person will out rightly be biased from the onset. We are complaining about her lack of Professionalism. Uncle Ben of Project Fame is far far more strict than Kate Henshaw and people don't complain because he is so professional about it unlike Kate. Kate pass across as someone who is mannerless and uncultured and YES! She is always sentimental.

Talking about the kids that performed last time, there was nothing sensational in their performance. They didn't do a typical dance, they concentrated so much on the stunts which wasn't even in sync with the song. She gave them a yes just to encourage them (not bad) but she so much sweet talked the performance which was just average / less than average. The swinging of the little girl in the middle was not rhythmical, very awkward.

Talking about last year, the Amarachi girl wasn't too bad with the dance steps but she was no match for the violin guy. They don't even come close.

Like most jobs in Nigeria, Kate Henshaw must have gotten the job through the back door. If a thorough screening was conducted for Judges, she wouldn't even come close with that other big dummy variable that walked off the stage too. Moreover, the way she opens that are big mouth is so appalling I must say. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Pls wat channels airs d show?
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Bolurx(m): 11:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
That Stupid Kate Henshaw is madt! Like I hate her with passion. I've watched Got Talent Shows of other countries and I kno and can say wif lucid certainty that NGT is the worst talent show ever.

I would not ignore the fact that most contestants are not that good tho.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by ENDTIMES: 12:58am On Nov 27, 2013
Thank you for this thread, Kate henshaw is the most annoying personality on tv this year, please if it is possible, the organizers should remove her immediately from the show.

She's forcing herself to be a bad judge, in a very bad way.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by usmanspihn(m): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2013
I hate to say this but it is the truth about kate Henshaw. The last season was worse. Amarachi should have come 2nd and Godwin ogechukwu shuda been the winner. Does ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇hε̲ know how hard it is to learn violin, the limited players we have in Nigeria not to talk of hiphop violist mehn. And again sentiments occurs in Nigeria very concerning this children on the talent shows

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by israel007: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2013
1st ola:

shut up joor.
norby 1 country start am?

[size=15pt]so as fo0lish as you are, it doesn't cross your small mind that Nigeria can start something for the rest world to copy. please this is not the place to exhibit your stuwpidity[/size]
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by naturalwaves: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2013
usmanspihn: I hate to say this but it is the truth about kate Henshaw. The last season was worse. Amarachi should have come 2nd and Godwin ogechukwu shuda been the winner. Does ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇hε̲ know how hard it is to learn violin, the limited players we have in Nigeria not to talk of hiphop violist mehn. And again sentiments occurs in Nigeria very concerning this children on the talent shows

That Godwin guy is something else. He is just too good. Hiphop violist! He plays the hip hop in a unique version. I was so impressed when he even scored a classical song from Yanni so perfectly. He is good enough for an internation Orchestra.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by lookin4luv(f): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
i was so so disappointed when Kate walked out one of the participant and Danfosta also followed. it was so immature of them to have hone that. prior before she walked out she threatened that if the guy sings she would walk out. the judges should be reviewed.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by vislabraye(m): 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
israel007: [size=15pt]THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE COPY PEOPLE TOO MUCH.

AMERICA GOT TALENT

SOUTH AFRICA GOT TALENT

AUSTRALIA GOT TALENT

NOW NIGERIA GOT TALENT.

I bet the judges are trying to be like the A G T judges.
[/size]

Don't see anything wrong with that. Haven't U heard of franchise ?
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by girlkell(f): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
Thank God.. I taught I was the only one who knew that the violin guy was suppose to win, my gosh that was just real talent, was so disappointed. Refused to watch the show after that and kate hanshew no follow, her judging skill stinks real bad plus the show is messed up no freaking talent and when they finally had one he didn't win,buh the small girl tried sha. that's what they did when it was still peak got talent, they let the lil boi win instead of the dancers.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by kokoA(m): 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2013
I've not seen any episode of the show but I know that Kate of a woman is very rude. I watch her on Ebony Live tv, she's a perfect description of "beauty with no brains".. Always attacking people even when its clear that she's ignorant of the issues at hand. Sorry to say but that's what I've noticed.
Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by israel007: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2013
vislabraye:

Don't see anything wrong with that. Haven't U heard of franchise ?

[size=15pt]I understand what yo mean. I just wish they could come up with something that would catch other country's interest. .[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Got Talent.. Bad Judges by Kiingsolomon(f): 6:48am On Dec 04, 2013
olala32: Vomitting ug..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
U chop lizard, fa?? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing Before-and-after VFX Shots From Your Favorite Movies / Bbnaija: Seyi Apologises To Mike, Cruisetopia Teammates (video) / 'Nigerian Idol’ Music Reality TV Show Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.