Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Should I Abort The Pregnancy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Abort The Pregnancy? (1409 Views)

Am Pregnant For An Unknown Man. Should I Abort The Baby? / Should I Abort The Baby / She Insists On Keeping The Pregnancy: I'm 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Kassidy90(m): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
Am a Christian, a typical ibo lady, Bt I found myself in the arms of a caring Yoruba/muslim guy, we've been together for over six months now, his family accepted me for who I am, Bt when I told my people about him they opposed the relationship and asked me to cut all ties with him as soon as possible, when I told him about my family stands on our relationship, he just smiled and said no problem,
But the main issue now is dat I missed my period this month and when I went for test I discovered dat am pregnant and when I told him he asked what am I gonna do and I told him I want to abort it but he said he is not going to be part of it because of d condition of my womb (fibroids) and he won't stop me either but he will let one of my aunt and his uncle know about my decision and his stands on it incase anything happen so that nobody will start disturbing him,
Now am confused I love him, he's caring trustworthy, Bt the problem is my people, they said they can't allow me to marry a muslim even though he promise not to stop me from going to church...please nairalanders what should I do. to abort and pleased my family or to leave d pregnancy and trust in God

NB: This happened to a colleague of mine and I have her consent to share it here
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Kassidy90(m): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
26 views no comments, people try n help with ur opinions, nobody is an island of knowledge
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Your family is been over protective and I understand but then it's up to you to choose whom to spend the rest of your life with. If you're happy, loved and loves the guy, that's all that matters. I'm totally against abortion especially for someone who has fibroid ( it may be difficult for you to conceive without having a sugery) Sit your parents down and talk to them.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Kassidy90(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2013
enkaay: Your family is been over protective and I understand but then it's up to you to choose whom to spend the rest of your life with. If you're happy, loved and loves the guy, that's all that matters. I'm totally against abortion especially for someone who has fibroid ( it may be difficult for you to conceive without having a sugery) Sit your parents down and talk to them.
same thing I told her, Bt she won't listen. even I knw d guy very well he is also a medical oriented fellow
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by MissLirusehn(f): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Terminating an innocent baby's life shudnt b an option. Wen is it now an obligation for a parent 2 choose a spouse for their children? Where is even d freedom? Or havent ur parents knwn u are pregnant for him?
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by drnairalov: 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
"Abortion is wrong. That child could be the person to cure cancer" cure Aids, Ya but he
could also be that guy terrorising people with guns and weapon!! its hard

No advice on dis, follow ur heart bye
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Annie2gud(f): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
Goodluck
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by prettyboi1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
To be honest I hate discussions like this. I'm Sorry if I'm going to sound harsh but I'm going to speak my mind as it is. "The guy is nice,the guy's Sweet......blah blah but my family said I should not marry him." Let your family stay & be choosing who you'd marry & live with while you're acting co-pilot of your own life & see if you won't end up being bitter & sad for the rest of your life. You've started having problems already at this very early stage. Stay & be "pleasing" your family o.

The only advice I have for you is "YOU'RE NOT A KID,FOLLOW YOUR HEART. DON'T LET YOUR FAMILY OR ANYONE CHOOSE WHO YOU SHOULD MARRY. LISTEN TO THEIR ADVICE & ONLY PICK OUT WHAT'S GOOD. NONE OF THEM KNOWS YOUR FIANCE/BOYFRIEND MORE THAN YOU."

2 Likes

Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Kassidy90(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
pretty_boi: To be honest I hate discussions like this. I'm Sorry if I'm going to sound harsh but I'm going to speak my mind as it is. "The guy is nice,the guy''s Sweet blah blah but my family said I should not marry him." Let your family stay & be choosing who'd you marry & live with while you're acting co-pilot of your own life & see if you won't end up being bitter & sad for the rest of your life. You've started having problems already at this very early stage. Stay & be "pleasing" your family o.

The only advice I have for you is "YOU'RE NOT A KID,FOLLOW YOUR HEART. DON'T LET YOUR FAMILY OR ANYONE CHOOSE WHO YOU SHOULD MARRY. LISTEN TO THEIR ADVICE & ONLY PICK OUT WHAT'S GOOD. NONE OF THEM KNOWS YOUR FIANCE/BOYFRIEND MORE THAN YOU."

Bitter truth am gonna show this thread to her at work tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Anuoluwap(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
Flush am
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by DermalCarotene(f): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Don't abort the pregnancy.. Jus' face the consequences of your actions..
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by 2sizzlin(m): 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
Why do you ppl always think the only choice you have is abortion. She should birth the baby and continue with her life, who say baby momas can't get married , uh? I can marry a baby mama. She can take care of the baby alone or with him, and they can still marry different ppl. It's not a perplexing situation Abegi!
Mek I reply ping
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Enegod(m): 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
Kassidy90: I told him I want to abort it but he said he is not going to be part of it because of d condition of my womb (fibroids) and he won't stop me either but he will let one of my aunt and his uncle know about my decision and his stands on it incase anything happen so that nobody will start disturbing him
are you sure this man loves you?
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by God2man(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Inform some respected elderly men to help you convince your parent to accept this guy for the sake of the baby. The deed has been done. What we need to do now is to look for solution in the interest of the baby.

There is nothing new, the only problem is that you have sinned against God, and you need to ask for forgiveness.

This last saturday, i was invited to an engagement of a couple, the wife is already pregnant, it will be difficult for any church to accept this couple for a white wedding, so the whole family agreed to do the engagement, later they will do the correction marriage.
I thank God that both parent came to a logical and reasonable conclusion to do the engagement and get them married, may be for the sake of the baby.

So, tell your friend to prayerfully seek the face of God for a reasonable solution so that the life of the baby can be spared.

When there is a will, there will always be a way out.

God bless you.
The Lord will see your friend through in Jesus name. Amen.

God2man.
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by collinsola: 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Kassidy90: Am a Christian, a typical ibo lady, Bt I found myself in the arms of a caring Yoruba/muslim guy, we've been together for over six months now, his family accepted me for who I am, Bt when I told my people about him they opposed the relationship and asked me to cut all ties with him as soon as possible, when I told him about my family stands on our relationship, he just smiled and said no problem,
But the main issue now is dat I missed my period this month and when I went for test I discovered dat am pregnant and when I told him he asked what am I gonna do and I told him I want to abort it but he said he is not going to be part of it because of d condition of my womb (fibroids) and he won't stop me either but he will let one of my aunt and his uncle know about my decision and his stands on it incase anything happen so that nobody will start disturbing him,
Now am confused I love him, he's caring trustworthy, Bt the problem is my people, they said they can't allow me to marry a muslim even though he promise not to stop me from going to church...please nairalanders what should I do. to abort and pleased my family or to leave d pregnancy and trust in God

NB: This happened to a colleague of mine and I have her consent to share it here

Your write up is different from your user name,kassidy90/m....
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Kassidy90(m): 2:23am On Nov 26, 2013
collinsola:

Your write up is different from your user name,kassidy90/m....
Read the last part of the write up
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by temi4fash(m): 3:20am On Nov 26, 2013
Doing abortion weda she has a health condition or not is very bad and d bible is against it, she has an health condition so its even more dangerous to consider it except she dos not lik herself..
Pls help ask her where it is written dat baby mamas cant cont with dere lives ?
Ask her wat of if things go wrong doin d abortion wat will she do?
As she asked her parents y dai dont wont her guy and has she prayed abt it?
Has she weighed d pros and cons of dis decision and dos she feel it is d best decision?

I wish ur friend gud luck..

U can post dis in d family section for more matured input...
Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by Sapphire86(f): 5:05am On Nov 26, 2013
On the basis of christian/muslim marriage, your parents have the right to be scared and express those concerns. You only know what he is saying BEFORE the marriage, what happens when he says otherwise after the marriage? Who do you run to? Who do you cry to? If he tells you he is taking you to Mecca after you have done the wedding and no more going to church, what would you do? Believe me, not even your beloved pastor will intervene or try to change his mind!

I don't subscribe to christian/muslim marriages because you need more than love to sustain them.

Do not because of the pregnancy be in a rush to get married to him. Yes, I know it is shameful especially in our culture but don't mortgage your future for the short conveniences of the present.

On account of the pregnancy, don't! You may die, you may become barren in the future etc then there is the emotional aspect nobody tells you about. Your conscience will be disturbed greatly.
What if that child were to be a child of destiny? Wetin you go tell God?

A word (or in this case an epistle) is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Abort The Pregnancy? by japhmanuel: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2013
U shldnt abort the baby,itx a sin..instead face ur family wif confidence nd withstand any action dey take against u..did ur moda abort u?? NO,so don't kill an inocent child bcus of dey said I shld do so...
GOODLUCK though

(1) (Reply)

How To Breakup With Your Nigerian Girlfriend ( For Guys Only ) / She Need More Of Me Pls Hw Do I Cope! / Long Distance Love: The Emotional Disability That Triggers Dementia!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.