Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? (2484 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 7:46am On Nov 26, 2013
woky: @ Enigma

instead of derailing, why cnt you creat a thread on "papal infallibility"

Try and be truthful for once and stop making false accusations! You asked me a question and I did you a favour by answering - when did that become derailing?

In fact you were the one trying to derail with your 'see what Luther' post!

cool
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by try69: 7:57am On Nov 26, 2013
The Four marks of the church

1, The church is ONE
2, The church is HOLY
3, The church is CATHOLIC
4, The church is APOSTLIC

If the Eastern christians were right about not having One head of bishops, why is constatinopole seen as the head patriarch of the Eastern church?

We are all christians but the truth remains that the Roman catholic church is the Catholic church of God.

Pointing at mistakes made by a few popes will not cease the Holy spirit from remaining with the holy church of christ. Even peter was corrected by paul, paul didn't move away from the body with followers because it would have been the wrong move.

For me luther made things worse.. You don't disown your father in trying to correct your family member.

IMO, these are the reasons we have different spirits.

What we should now learn as xtians is to tolerate one another and stop fighting what we do not understand so we do not look like jokes to non-christians. The commandments of christ is summed up to Two; Love of God and Love of neighbour.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2013
The above post is a misrepresentation of a number of things.

1. Looong before Luther, the Roman Catholic Church had been excommunicating people all over the place. So, it was in fact the "father" that was "disowning the children" all over the place.

2. It was not the mistake of a "few" popes anything. The whole papacy thing had become unbelievably corrupt and a whole lot of "popes" were not only corrupt but much much worse than that!

3. Every Assembly of true believers is the true Church of God; they do not need any "popes". It is because they know their freedom in Christ that they do not need any "popes" that the Roman Catholic Church which wants to enslave them calls them anathema for rejecting the "authority" of the "pope".

4. The Eastern Church does not recognise supremacy even among themselves; what they have always had and recognised is primacy. They have always called all their patriarchs and even bishops "popes" --- so even today they have more than one "pope". It was from them that the Roman Catholics took over the word "pope". They did not and do not recognise the "supremacy" of the Roman Catholic "pope".

5. And the Church of Christ is still one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church; it consists of all Christians of all times and of all places; it does not need any "popes" because Jesus Christ is its Head.

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Candour(m): 8:12am On Nov 26, 2013
@Demain_man @Units go

There are no 2 Holy Spirits my brothers. What we have are thousands of greedy men and women who lust after one thing and one thing only: Mammon and they'll do anything to get it including lying using the name of the Holy Spirit. There are no perfect churches anywhere. What we have is a perfect body of Christ and its component parts can be found in virtually all denominations. We must endeavour to always recheck with the bible to verify whatever it is we hear from our pulpits.

A lot of pulpits are occupied by criminals worse than armed robbers. That is why Christ asked us to take heed lest we be deceived.

God bless and enrich you in your honest search for the truth in his word.

@Enigma, my bros, I sent u a mail. Pls reply. Thanks
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 8:17am On Nov 26, 2013
Enigma: The above post is a misrepresentation of a number of things.

1. Looong before Luther, the Roman Catholic Church had been excommunicating people all over the place. So, it was in fact the "father" that was "disowning the children" all over the place.

2. It was not the mistake of a "few" popes anything. The whole papacy thing had become unbelievably corrupt and a whole lot of popes were not only corrupt but much much worse than that!

3. Every Assembly of true believers is the true Church of God; they do not need any "popes". It is because they know their freedom in Christ that they do not need any "popes" that the Roman Catholic Church which wants to enslave them calls them anathema for rejecting the "authority" of the "pope".

4. The Eastern Church does not recognise supremacy even among themselves; what they have always had and recognised is primacy. They have always called all their patriarchs and even bishops "popes" --- so even today they have more than one "pope". It was from them that the Roman Catholics took over the word "pope". They did not and do not recognise the "supremacy" of the Roman Catholic "pope".

5. And the Church of Christ is still one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church; it consists of all Christians of all times and of all places; it does not need any "popes" because Jesus Christ is its Head.

smiley

kind of busy nw.. Brb
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2013
@ Candour

I'm afraid no email has come through. In fact I saw a message from Nairaland and I replied with my email; did you see that?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Candour(m): 8:25am On Nov 26, 2013
Enigma: @ Candour

I'm afraid no email has come through. In fact I saw a message from Nairaland and I replied with my email; did you see that?

Sorry egbon mi. I'm sending one now now
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by try69: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2013
The church cannot be said to be One and it teaches differently.. The writings of the early church fathers confirms the teaching of the One holy church of God.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 8:34am On Nov 26, 2013
lol lol grin

The "church fathers" who did not agree on many things!

The "church fathers" who interpreted Matthew 16:18 quite differently among them?

The "church fathers" who did not see Matthew 16:18 as having anything to do with the "supremacy" of any "pope"?

The Church is one and is still one --- because it is united to its Head i.e. to the Lord Jesus Christ; not to some "pope" and irrespective of denominations.

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by try69: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2013
Debates didn't mean dis-member.. They would always be agreement under the guidiance of the Holy spirit.. The major heresy of those times were the arian that tried to change the sacred teaching of Jesus as God.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 8:51am On Nov 26, 2013
Before the Arian heresy, others were being kicked out and eliminated. After the Arian heresy, others were kicked out and eliminated. It came to a head with the big one in 1054. Even after that, the Roman Catholic Church was still kicking people out and blowing anathemas.

After Luther, the anathemas went "viral" and ballistic. Read Vatican I and count how many anathemas it contains!

The "church fathers" disagreed on many things; fact! Even Aquinas does not agree with Augustine on some things --- and the Roman Catholic Church has had to choose which of their views to follow,

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by italo: 8:59am On Nov 26, 2013
Ukuts gp: the catholic like running their mouth like tap. Why mentioning luther at all. Is luther responsible for this? Why nt the pope

It was Luther that taught men that they can abandon the teachings of Christ's Church and start their own claiming to be led by the Holy Spirit.

That's how everybody followed suit and now we have millions of denominations and Holy Spirits.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Mintayo(m): 9:07am On Nov 26, 2013
Candour: @Demain_man @Units go

There are no 2 Holy Spirits my brothers. What we have are thousands of greedy men and women who lust after one thing and one thing only: Mammon and they'll do anything to get it including lying using the name of the Holy Spirit. There are no perfect churches anywhere. What we have is a perfect body of Christ and its component parts can be found in virtually all denominations. We must endeavour to always recheck with the bible to verify whatever it is we hear from our pulpits.

A lot of pulpits are occupied by criminals worse than armed robbers. That is why Christ asked us to take heed lest we be deceived.

God bless and enrich you in your honest search for the truth in his word.

@Enigma, my bros, I sent u a mail. Pls reply. Thanks

True.
We have just one Holy Spirit,Christain shld get close to the word of God and let the Spirit of God lead the,we have so many wolves parading as MOG.
The Holy Spirit inspired the Word of God,He will never say anything contrary to the Word of God,He will never say anything aside what He inspired.
May God help us.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by try69: 9:14am On Nov 26, 2013
The Catholic church they later decided to name "Roman Catholic" so they too can be called catholics.

1 Tim 3:15
But if I delay, this letter will let you know how we should conduct ourselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by italo: 9:15am On Nov 26, 2013
Amazing!

The same people that have been telling me to leave the Catholic Church and join their "churches" are now saying their Pastors and GOs are "greedy men," "criminals," "armed robbers."

Thank God I never followed them.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2013
Mintayo:
True.
We have just one Holy Spirit,Christain shld get close to the word of God and let the Spirit of God lead the,we have so many wolves parading as MOG.
The Holy Spirit inspired the Word of God,He will never say anything contrary to the Word of God,He will never say anything aside what He inspired.
May God help us.

Absolutely! The Bible speaks of one Spirit.

And we say one faith, one Church one Lord.

That Church has Jesus Christ as its one Lord and one Head --- not some "pope".

Meanwhile for all the attempts of Roman Catholic Church to slander Luther etc, its own senior people admit that it was a rotten Church --- in effect that Luther was right. Their "pope" Adrian VI did it; and I can post what he said later. In the meantime, here is what another senior Roman Catholic said:

"Many of the popes were men of the most abandoned lives. Some were magicians (occultists); others were noted for sedition, war, slaughter and profligacy of manners, for avarice and simony. Others were not even members of Christ, but the basest of criminals and enemies of all godliness. Some were children of their father, the Devil; most were men of blood; some were not even priests. Others were heretics. If the pope be a heretic, he is ipso facto no pope." (Bishop Frotheringham)

cool
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by try69: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2013
There are not more than 100 people in the world who truly hate the Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they perceive to be the Catholic Church.  ....As a matter of fact, if we Catholics believed all of the untruths and lies which were said against the Church, we probably would hate the Church a thousand times more than they do - Arch. Fulton sheen
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2013
italo: Amazing!

The same people that have been telling me to leave the Catholic Church and join their "churches" are now saying their Pastors and GOs are "greedy men," "criminals," "armed robbers."

Thank God I never followed them.
stop deceiving urself, is ur pope perfect?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:11am On Nov 26, 2013
I think most of the catholic doctrines cannot be inspired by the holyspirit, they just formulate it.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Syncan(m): 10:34am On Nov 26, 2013
Ukuts gp: There are so many teachings and doctrines taught by pastors, evangelist, bishop, prophet and even the pope that are so confusing and does nt match with the scripture. Each pastors and what have you have their own teaching about a particular subject in the bible yet they all claim that their teaching was inspired by the holyspirit.

For example pastor chris oyakhilome teaches that self-service is not a sin yet another pastor will preach that it is a sin yet both of them will claim that they were inspired by the holyspirit.

Also some pastors will say u must pay ur tithe and another will preach that no need for tithe yet both pastors will claim that they receive the inspiration from the holyspirit.
Now, are there more than one holyspirit that inspire different teaching on one particular subject? Is the holyspirit the author of confusion? I doubt. There must be something wrong cos there is only one holyspirit. And i am nt sure if he is d one inspiring them to contradict themselves.

This is why i ask the question, are there more than one holyspirit. If the answer is no. Why are pastors, evangelist, bishops, prophet, arch bishops, double prophets and the pope are contradicting themselves.

I have read your posts at different threads, I never knew you could have such a thought. I felt everything was clear to you, that you believed your understanding of Christian teaching to be the "Holy spirit inspired" one. Your thoughts here should be a cause for concern to every Christian.

It is clear that the apostles understood that their teaching should be one. (Gal 2:2) "And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain".

When there is a conflict, they resolve by means of a council. (Acts 15:2) "When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question".

When someone continues in disobedience and leave, they declare as not one of them. (1john2:19) "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us".

I believe those who succeeded the apostles continued in this manner, guarding the flock against wolves via councils. The doctrine of "Trinity" is an example. When did we stop believing in the councils and turn to individual private interpretation?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Syncan(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 11:32am On Nov 26, 2013
Roman Catholics do not believe in Acts 15 or ecumenical councils.

"Since the Roman Pontiff, by the divine right of the apostolic primacy, governs the whole Church, we likewise teach and declare that he is the supreme judge of the faithful [52], and that in all cases which fall under ecclesiastical jurisdiction recourse may be had to his judgment [53]. The sentence of the Apostolic See (than which there is no higher authority) is not subject to revision by anyone, nor may anyone lawfully pass judgment thereupon [54]. And so they stray from the genuine path of truth who maintain that it is lawful to appeal from the judgments of the Roman pontiffs to an ecumenical council as if this were an authority superior to the Roman Pontiff.

That is another of those things technically known as --- utter rubbish. wink

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2013
Of course they top the rubbish by again swearing for us! cheesy

"So, then, if anyone says that the Roman Pontiff has merely an office of supervision and guidance, and not the full and supreme power of jurisdiction over the whole Church, and this not only in matters of faith and morals, but also in those which concern the discipline and government of the Church dispersed throughout the whole world; or that he has only the principal part, but not the absolute fullness, of this supreme power; or that this power of his is not ordinary and immediate both over all and each of the Churches and over all and each of the pastors and faithful: let him be anathema."

Vatican I is not only one of the most idiotic things, it is even satanic!

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by damipaul(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
There's only one Holy Spirit and several other spirits.
It's a pity that people don't like being led, everybody wants to be a leader. You can't blame some of them though, as their supposed leaders won't derail from their destructive ways even when they are shown from our common denominator-the Bible.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by italo: 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ukuts gp: I think most of the catholic doctrines cannot be inspired by the holyspirit, they just formulate it.

"I think."
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by italo: 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ukuts gp: stop deceiving urself, is ur pope perfect?

No. I never said he was. But we say that he teaches the perfect doctrine.

I'm just shocked that you've been inviting us to the den of thieves and robbers (by the admission of Protestants) all this while when you knew all along.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
There are false teachers everywhere parading themselves as servants of God but thank God that the church i attends follow strictly the word of God. But as for the catholic it is obvious that they follow tradition nt God.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Syncan(m): 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ukuts gp: There are false teachers everywhere parading themselves as servants of God but thank God that the church i attends follow strictly the word of God. But as for the catholic it is obvious that they follow tradition nt God.

You are the one who opened this thread, you are the one who is saying this now. How can you know what you just said for sure, since you claim to be confused?

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demain_man: grin grin grin
You have too many questions, you must be a confused christian like many other confused christians.

Yes, there are as many holy Spirits as there are churches and religion body. Holy Spirit = Doctrine
No two churches can have the same Holy Spirit unfortunately.

Holy Spirit is simply your inner mind, your convictions, your beliefs.

Wetin your mind tell you is holy Spirit
did ah just see dis...sorry am amazed at ur ignorance...dere is only one holy spirit and he is the spirit of God. God cannot have two spirits...
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: did ah just see dis...sorry am amazed at ur ignorance...dere is only one holy spirit and he is the spirit of God. God cannot have two spirits...

How do we know the absolutely right Holy Spirit sir? I don't what to be confused anymore yet i don't what to make mistakes.

Am i able to get this Holy Spirit myself or do I need help? If yes, whose help? Is it you, Gombs, Bidam, Frosbel, Goshen, Joagbaje? Oyaks? Adeboye? Oyedepo? and the list is endless. Can you help?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
According to the apostle John we have the Holy Spirit and do not really need anyone -- whether "pope" or whatever! smiley

1 John 2: 27

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

cool
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
Oh by the way, we of course also have the words of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself! smiley

John 14:26

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

So, we really do not need any "popes" or whatever ---- thank you very much! wink

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? / Felixomor,scarlet Or Purple / How To Know A False Preacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.