Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? (2389 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:50am On Nov 16, 2014
would you say i am a robber of God because i don't pay tithe? if Jesus comes back to earth now, will he call me a robber? someone that he shed his precious blood for because of tithe? who would Jesus call a robber or thieves? those that are turning his father's house to a place of business or those that are not paying tithe?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by philfearon(m): 7:21am On Nov 16, 2014
No...Its better you use the money to Go f**k a.s.hAwo than dash it to someone who does not deserve it....

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Youngzedd(m): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2014
Interesting.

Let me ask Ifa.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 16, 2014
Yes, read malachi 3:8-9
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 16, 2014
Youngzedd:
Interesting.

Let me ask Ifa.
Don't bother Ifa doesn't ve an answer to that.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Macelliot(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:
Ukutsgp:
would you say i am a robber of God because i don't pay tithe? if Jesus comes back to earth now, will he call me a robber? someone that he shed his precious blood for because of tithe? who would Jesus call a robber or thieves? those that are turning his father's house to a place of business or those that are not paying tithe?
deb6:
Todays pentecostal Christianity is a fraud.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Youngzedd(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:
Don't bother Ifa doesn't ve an answer to that.

The dude smart a little.

Last Bullet:

Tithe is by choice and not by force. I advise you give the money to less privileged ones that giving to a rich man.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by PastorKun(m): 7:38am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:

Can you tell us how God defined his tithes in the bible, who is meant to give tithes and who is meant to collect it using scriptures to back up your answer? Question carries 30 marks.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:41am On Nov 16, 2014
philfearon:
No...Its better you use the money to Go f**k a.s.hAwo than dash it to someone who does not deserve it....
i rather give it to the poor and orphans.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 16, 2014
Youngzedd:

The dude smart a little.

Last Bullet:
Tithe is by choice and not by force. I advise you give the money to less privileged ones that giving to a rich man.
Rich man? r u paying to him or God??
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:44am On Nov 16, 2014
When i'm back from church we would dig it out. Let's see whether believers can be tagged a robber because they dnt pay tithe.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Youngzedd(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:

See question, are you a learner?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Youngzedd(m): 7:47am On Nov 16, 2014
The main Tithe is not to be consumed by one person or family but all.

Read your bible.

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/1809643/numbers-18-faults-oyedepos-teaching
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2014
Youngzedd:

See question, are you a learner?
Lol, i understand u. Don't u know the pastor is standing as a representative of God here on earth.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Youngzedd(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:
Lol, i understand u. Don't u know the pastor is standing as a representative of God here on earth.

Don't talk that again. It's your parents not the pastors.

You will only understand this guys when you do money matters with them.

I rest my case.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 16, 2014
PastorKun:

Can you tell us how God defined his tithes in the bible, who is meant to give tithes and who is meant to collect it using scriptures to back up your answer? Question carries0 30 marks.
The children of israel r expected to pay their tithe to the lord n his levites numb18:21, heb7:5, lev27:30. But since there r no levites now we do pay to the pastor. Anyway u r free to do whatever u want if u wish pay if not leave, no one is forcing u. Remain bless.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 16, 2014
Everyone is talking about money here, tithe doesn't necessary mean money

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Spuggie: 9:41am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:
Everyone is talking about money here, tithe doesn't necessary mean money

Really I seriously doubt if the Nigerian mega pastors will agree with you on that. Like someone said above, pentecostal Christianity and prosperity gospel are fraud.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Weeke(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2014
Hmmmmmm, following the thread with keen interest.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:

oh, really. So God needs reps here on earth after he made you guys priests.

Please, point out a portion of the new testament were pastors are said to be reps of God on earth.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:
The children of israel r expected to pay their tithe to the lord n his levites numb18:21, heb7:5, lev27:30. But since there r no levites now we do pay to the pastor. Anyway u r free to do whatever u want if u wish pay if not leave, no one is forcing u. Remain bless.

Are you a Jew or a gentile?

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by dorox(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2014
I don't understand why some christians would voluntarily subject themselves to the yoke of tithe when Jesus has already removed such burden from the back of christians.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:
so we convert levite to pastors. Abi?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
dorox:
I don't understand why some christians would voluntarily subject themselves to the yoke of tithe when Jesus has already removed such burden from the back of christians.
it baffles me too my brother
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by PastorKun(m): 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:

You omitted the first part of my question which is to give us the biblical definition of God's tithe. that said with regards to the bolded, do you realise that you are adding to scripture by making that statement? Do you realise that it's a sin to add to or remove from scripture? Do you realise that the levitical system and it's ordinances have been0 0done away with and they and not relevant to christianity?(hebrews 7:5-19)
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by philfearon(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ukutsgp:
i rather give it to the poor and orphans.

Better....
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by dein77(m): 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
I don't tithe, and I don't feel guilty. However, I also do not castigate or condemn those who do tithe.

Every single month I give more than 25% of my income to my extended relatives and other Church brethren. That gives me more blessing than tithing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by brocab: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
Why did Jesus say, you can't worship God and Mammon {money} At the same time.
Yet in most cases Christians believe the only way to receive their blessings is though financial giving?
Is the tithing messages on giving monies the only answer?
Are we not blessed.
And the lord knows our needs, he knows before we ask him.
{Matthew 6, Birds they neither sow, neither do they reap, neither do they put into barns.
Yet the lord feeds them.
How much more are you.}

dein77:
I don't tithe, and I don't feel guilty. However, I also do not castigate or condemn those who do tithe.

Every single month I give more than 25% of my income to my extended relatives and other Church brethren. That gives me more blessing than tithing.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Emulti(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
deb6:

shey na God dey spend d money abi?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
is Jesus seeing me as a robber?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by dorox(m): 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Emulti:

shey na God dey spend d money abi?
No mind the mumu, how can he be asking if you are paying the money to a pastor or God? Of course na the person whey collect and spend the money you pay am to na.
I am satisfied with the level of comfort that I enjoy, but I am by no means a rich man. So would it not be wicked on my part if I send a tenth of my income to a MOG that is living in stupendous luxury while some of my close friends and extended families are in desperate need of financial assistance? If any MOG needs money, let him sell some of his houses and cars before asking from members who are struggling to get by, that would be the chrislike thing to do.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithe, Am I A Robber? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
First thing first. Tithe is not for christian. Many people who are paying tithe dnt know what they are doing. They just do it because their pastor say so.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet / Was There Two Types Of Creation? / She Doesn't Believe In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.