Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? (2480 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Enigma: Oh by the way, we of course also have the words of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself! smiley

John 14:26

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

So, we really do not need any "popes" or whatever ---- thank you very much! wink

smiley

The question my brother should then be why do fellow 'Holy Spirited' men hold on to word or interpretation of another 'Holy Spirited' man as if it is God himself speaking even when the oga @ the top in this case is clearly wrong?

I beg, no mind my command of written english, i no get the writing flare like some of you.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
Anyone can hold on to the interpretation of anyone that they want. That one is their own palaver! smiley

The promise is that each one of us has the Holy Spirit to teach him or her --- and we do not need anyone.

I once expressed in practical terms on another thread https://www.nairaland.com/1229310/infallibility-christian-church-simple-approach#14810792

---------------------
Why don't we put Jesus Christ Himself to the test? Anytime, we have questions of faith and/conduct, why don't we start by saying "Holy Spirit, please remind me what Jesus said"!

In fact the best way to do it is by conduct; when we do it by conduct we put both Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to an even greater challenge! Why, because we expect them to teach us even without us asking expressly!

But how do we do this?

We can do this by adapting and reusing constantly the WWJD ('What would Jesus do'?) into something more biblically accurate!

We constantly ask ourselves: What Did Jesus Say?

That way, we will be putting to the test the promise that the Holy Spirit will remind us what Jesus said/taught.

We may face the challenge "but Jesus did not say anything about xyz topic"! Well, in what he said about Himself and about our responsibility of love to God and to brothers/sisters, we can distill principles to guide our approach to things that were not discussed expressly. Even though we may get things wrong, our starting point should always be "to be conformed to the mind of Jesus".
-----------------------

Addendum: so we do not need "popes" etc

smiley

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demain_man:

How do we know the absolutely right Holy Spirit sir? I don't what to be confused anymore yet i don't what to make mistakes.

Am i able to get this Holy Spirit myself or do I need help? If yes, whose help? Is it you, Gombs, Bidam, Frosbel, Goshen, Joagbaje? Oyaks? Adeboye? Oyedepo? and the list is endless. Can you help?
firstly am a gal n dere absolutely no need 4 ma'am or sire ..n talkin about how u know d right holy spirit it's easy by their fruits u shall know dem.. N talkin about recievin d holy spirit u can recieve him on ur own or someone who is filled wit d holy spirit can do dat....talkin about being filled wit d holy spirit on own one tin u should know is dat u already ve d holy spirit inside u 4rm d day u became saved all u need now is to be filled wit him n it isn't just a one day tin it's continus n ah tell u 4 d first time it doesn't come dat easily especially wen u want to get filled on ur own but once u've gotten it dat's it...u just need compliment n a hunger 4 him, spend time on word n become a worshipper,if dere is no hunger he wont come and a sure proof u ve him is by speaking in tongues
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Which one should a person choose?

Roman Catholic Church

“We declare, state, define and pronounce that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff. (‘Pope’ Boniface VIII)

Versus

Jesus Christ

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
-----------

I don't know about Roman Catholics BUT it is a no-brainer for a Christian! wink

smiley
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: firstly am a gal n dere absolutely no need 4 ma'am or sire ..n talkin about how u know d right holy spirit it's easy by their fruits u shall know dem.. N talkin about recievin d holy spirit u can recieve him on ur own or someone who is filled wit d holy spirit can do dat....talkin about being filled wit d holy spirit on own one tin u should know is dat u already ve d holy spirit inside u 4rm d day u became saved all u need now is to be filled wit him n it isn't just a one day tin it's continus n ah tell u 4 d first time it doesn't come dat easily especially wen u want to get filled on ur own but once u've gotten it dat's it...u just need compliment n a hunger 4 him, spend time on word n become a worshipper,if dere is no hunger he wont come and a sure proof u ve him is by speaking in tongues

Thanks. So how would you qualify all the Christians on this forum that argue among one another using the bible to support their claims and counter claims? Who amongst them has the correct Holy Spirit and who has the fake Holy Spirit? or should I just follow my 'heart' and go with the one i am convinced is right?

I belief men like Candour, Pastor Kun, Mark, Zakky and Goshen have the right 'Holy Spirit' and that men like Joagbaje, Bidam, Gombs and one OLA... something have a fake 'Holy Spirit'.

Am I right? thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demain_man:

Thanks. So how would you qualify all the Christians on this forum that argue among one another using the bible to support their claims and counter claims? Who amongst them has the correct Holy Spirit and who has the fake Holy Spirit? or should I just follow my 'heart' and go with the one i am convinced is right?

I belief men like Candour, Pastor Kun, Mark, Zakky and Goshen have the right 'Holy Spirit' and that men like Joagbaje, Bidam, Gombs and one OLA... something have a fake 'Holy Spirit'.

firstly there's no fake holy spirit it's just dat sometimes pple tend misunderstand d bible n put it dat it was d holy spirit dat told actually to me, u re absolutely right but it doesn't make d others fake ...let me give an instance,d first time ah heard dat tithing is not important ah was actually against it until later ah studied all d verses dey used to back deir claimes n thru d leadin of d holy spirit even found more dat supported deir claimes, ah found out dat they were correct n corrected maself but d doesn't make me fake at d beginning it's just misunderstanding
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: firstly there's no fake holy spirit it's dat sometimes pple tend misunderstand d bible n put it dat it was d holy spirit dat told actually to me u re absolutely right but it doesn't make d others fake ...let me give an instance,d first time ah heard dat tithing is not important ah was actually against it until later ah studied all d verses dey used to back deir claimes in thru d leadin of d holy spirit even found more ah found out dat they were correct but d doesn't make me fake at d beginning it's just misunderstanding

You see, The same Holy Spirit that told you that tithing is right also told me that tithing is wrong based on scriptures. Infact, the only thing that Holy Spirit told me is important for we christians is 'LOVE' MERCY and JUSTICE! Every other thing can be discarded as they are not important. God bless you as you continue your search for the truth.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demain_man:

You see, The same Holy Spirit that told you that tithing is right also told me that tithing is wrong based on scriptures. Infact, the only thing that Holy Spirit told me is important for we christians is 'LOVE' MERCY and JUSTICE! Every other thing can be discarded as they are not important. God bless you as you continue your search for the truth.

ah guess u mistook me try readin it again
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: ah guess u mistook me try readin it again

Sorry i get you now.

Like you i also belief there should be one holy spirit leading every believer to the truth and the bible further went on the say that by their fruit you shall know them. unfortunately followers are ready to defend these fruits, good or bad with their last breadth hence it is know longer possible to know them by their fruits only. So basically, what you now have is anybody and everybody claiming that they have the spiritual 'eye'. Add hunger and poverty to the equation like the case of our dear country nigeria then you will have people that will go to any lenght to be believable, using all sorts of, including magic, occultic and fake miracles and healing to further convince and confuse us. God, I just wish God can just put an end to this vicious cycle now because if things continue like this only about 20 people will actually see that heaven in the end grin me and 19 others

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demain_man:

Sorry i get you now.

Like you i also belief there should be one holy spirit leading every believer to the truth and the bible further went on the say that by their fruit you shall know them. unfortunately followers are ready to defend these fruits, good or bad with their last breadth hence it is know longer possible to know them by their fruits only. So basically, what you now have is anybody and everybody claiming that they have the spiritual 'eye'. Add hunger and poverty to the equation like the case of our dear country nigeria then you will have people that will go to any lenght to be believable, using all sorts of, including magic, occultic and fake miracles and healing to further convince and confuse us. God, I just wish God can just put an end to this vicious cycle now because if things continue like this only about 20 people will actually see that heaven in the end grin me and 19 others
true...ah ve come to know sometin dat most ministers were actually called by God but along d line dey lose patience n faith so they change n d gift of God is without repentance so ma dear lyk paul said take heed wen ye stand lest ye fall because d devil is movin lyk a roaring lion seekin whom to devour n just d way u re in ur corner servin God faithfully so dere re many others lyk u dat u dont know just be faithful n let love lead u
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Demainman1: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: true...ah ve come to know sometin dat most ministers were actually called by God but along d line dey lose patience n faith so they change n d gift of God is without repentance so ma dear lyk paul said take heed wen ye stand lest ye fall because d devil is movin lyk a roaring lion seekin whom to devour n just d way u re in ur corner servin God faithfully so dere re many others lyk u dat u dont know just be faithful n let love lead u

Thanks. it's been nice meeting you on this forum. Of course it is because we mostly agree this time. The problem comes when we don't agree with each other like many christians do on this forum and many other forum like this one.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by italo: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: true...ah ve come to know sometin dat most ministers were actually called by God but along d line dey lose patience n faith so they change n d gift of God is without repentance so ma dear lyk paul said take heed wen ye stand lest ye fall because d devil is movin lyk a roaring lion seekin whom to devour n just d way u re in ur corner servin God faithfully so dere re many others lyk u dat u dont know just be faithful n let love lead u

How do you know most ministers were called by God?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demain_man:

there is nothing like fake holyspirit, those people who teaches heresies are just using their senses. They were nt open to the leading of the holyspirit and the holyspirit is one. He opens our understanding to the scriptures. If u submit to him he will give u understanding.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
Demain_man:

Thanks. it's been nice meeting you on this forum. Of course it is because we mostly agree this time. The problem comes when we don't agree with each other like many christians do on this forum and many other forum like this one.
thanks to bro...ma prayer is dat our understandin be enlighten n we come to unity of faith
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
italo:

How do you know most ministers were called by God?
by their fruits u shall know dem
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by italo: 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: by their fruits u shall know dem

Okay.

Just that some on this thread have judged them to be thieves and robbers by their fruits.

Wahala dey.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
italo:

Okay.

Just that some on this thread have judged them to be thieves and robbers by their fruits.

Wahala dey.
well all ah can say it judge no one just lyk jesus said...lyk ah said earlier they were called by God at d begining but along d line probably lost faith n changed direction but d fact is dey re still anointed
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by italo: 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Elantracey: well all ah can say it judge no one just lyk jesus said...lyk ah said earlier they were called by God at d begining but along d line probably lost faith n changed direction but d fact is dey re still anointed

I'm not sure it's a fact...though I judge no one.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by POPEII: 4:06am On Nov 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: I think most of the catholic doctrines cannot be inspired by the holyspirit, they just formulate it.
you think? And you are?
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 4:10am On Nov 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: this is nt catholic bashing thread. So what brought u to this thread. Anyway, i know what brought u here.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by POPEII: 4:11am On Nov 27, 2013
Luther, luther, Luther how many times did I call you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You are surely rotting in hell
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 4:11am On Nov 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: I think most of the catholic doctrines cannot be inspired by the holyspirit, they just formulate it.
and this is not catholic bashing thread
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 4:14am On Nov 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: There are false teachers everywhere parading themselves as servants of God but thank God that the church i attends follow strictly the word of God. But as for the catholic it is obvious that they follow tradition nt God.
clown

u ar confuse
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:12am On Nov 27, 2013
woky: clown

u ar confuse
u are more confused
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:15am On Nov 27, 2013
woky: and this is not catholic bashing thread
why bashing luther too. Is it luther that is responsible for your many strange doctrine
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by woky: 5:16am On Nov 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: why bashing luther too. Is it luther that is responsible for your many strange doctrine
is luther ur grandfather?

Ar u a member of lutheran church??
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by chidima: 6:53am On Nov 27, 2013
POPE II: Luther, luther, Luther how many times did I call you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You are surely rotting in hell

No, not sure he is in hell. He actually reconcilled himself to the catholic church before he died. He received the sacrament of penance. And when he was asked what will happen to the multitudes you have deceived, he simple said leave them to God.

So for all luther supporters be guided!
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by POPEII: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2013
chidima:

No, not sure he is in hell. He actually reconcilled himself to the catholic church before he died. He received the sacrament of penance. And when he was asked what will happen to the multitudes you have deceived, he simple said leave them to God.

Wow, I didn't know that, thank you .
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Enigma(m): 7:00am On Nov 27, 2013
^^^ But why do Roman Catholics lie like this?

Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Syncan(m): 7:33am On Nov 27, 2013
chidima:

Nne,I do not think this is true, ...well, except you can substantiate it. Maybe a link or reference...there are many non verifiable stories out there. This could just be one of them. All the same, except one is linda Nguajah abi something, one may not know if he is in hell grin. What happens at the last hour is most often never known. God can save whoever he wants.
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by POPEII: 7:38am On Nov 27, 2013
^ God can save anyone, but definitively won't save a heretic who willingly misguided his children and tried to destruct his church, to me Luther is not different from Satan just like that British king who let his d1ck and lust guide him .
Re: Do We Have Two Holyspirits Or More? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2013
italo:

I'm not sure it's a fact...though I judge no one.

God's anointin is without repentance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Looking For A Church To Attend In Ibadan This Morning / I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalander And Not Jehovah Anymore: Season 5 / Muhammad A Self-acclaimed Prophet With No Evidence Or Confirmation From Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.