Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. (26320 Views)

A Mentally Unstable Woman On Abeokuta Expressway / 12 Common Lies Mentally Strong People Don't Believe / 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Richiy(f): 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
If a female exhibits these traits, all these nl men wud say they r domineering and status-conscious, and therefore unmarriageable. Btw, av always been mentally strong.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by lasgido: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
#5 how I go do am ba!
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
iamdsam: God help me to abide to these. Life hasn't been easy. Nice thread

That's my point! Who is a mentally stable person? What experiences have u gone through? How did u react? People go through stuffs differently if they act otheriwse does it meanthey are mentally unstable? People should not just throw words anyhow. If you are so stable now would u be stable when put in a different condition? From my proffesion we no that there are different parameters leading to a balanced indvidual, as a behaviourist, I am of the opinion that your experience has a lot to do wiv your stabilty in life. So u cannot adequately define a mentally stable person

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
depressionkills: There is no such a thing as mentally weak or mentally strong.
BTW, following this rationale, sociopaths and psychopaths could be described as mentally strong too.
What is important is the capability to endure things and let it transform you to the core positively.

Thankyou! Are u a psychologist?
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by victorazy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Thank God am mentally strong grin
Unlike "Depressionkills" and Selfworth"
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by GboyegaD(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
Yes I am.
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by onyi83: 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Peter262: am mentally and sexually strong
Hmmmmmm,,okwute himself
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by sisiafrika(f): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
Peter262: am mentally and sexually strong
mumu

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by cosify: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Far from self-praise, this tread is me re-emphasised.
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Mtcheew....Abeg Who Get Nokia Charger Here,Pin mouth
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by badmrkt(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
That Means I'm mentally strong...
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Keemy88(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Am in love with this thread. so very co
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by khairate(f): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hmm...i so dont have this qualities. But i hav a cousin whom i can score a 100% on dis. Is about faith, relying wholly on God for everything in every situation. That is the key.

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by cosify: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Richiy: If a female exhibits these traits, all these nl men wud say they r domineering and status-conscious, and therefore unmarriageable. Btw, av always been mentally strong.
A mentally strong female shuld exhibit characteristics that are not always the same with those of men. e.g she shuld not talk too much or unguardedly, or react rudely, but she shuld be frank sometimes.She shuld not be easily influenced.
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by dnacrystal: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nobody can be like this all the time. Life....
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by ambassadorgozie(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
Really inspired by this,gona start afresh...so help me lord
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by ssultana(f): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
I'm so weak
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by fabulousdame(f): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
hmm nice... 11/13
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
I swear, I just confirmed how mentally strong I'm. Oh Thank You Jesus!
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by basty: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Good, better and the best I have read in recent times on NL. This is too good, you have made my week but I need to work on NO. 7
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by legendarysegzi(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
we free thinkers and writers are mentally strong. D.
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Btruth: 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Alikaxon: This is good. Thumbs up! Click like if u think u like this...

.....I've already click like up there, so don't bother.
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Martini101(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
ENIMONEY: I don't think anything on ur list has been proven! Every thing u listed are things u assume a mentally fit person should act like but I tell u,its not always so!! Just cos u are mentally strong doesn't mean u won't have emotions!! I don't agree with anytin on ur list except u prove it,like is the brain involved in this??
Please, read it again i bet you will understand this time. lol
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by DaizyJims(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
masonkz: Mentally strong people have healthy habits. They manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in ways that set them up for success in life. Check out these things that mentally strong people don’t do so that you too can become more mentally strong.

1. They Don’t Waste Time Feeling Sorry for Themselves
Mentally strong people don’t sit around feeling sorry about their circumstances or how others have treated them. Instead, they take responsibility for their role in life and understand that life isn’t always easy or fair.

2. They Don’t Give Away Their Power
They don’t allow others to control them, and they don’t give someone else power over them. They don’t say things like, “My boss makes me feel bad,” because they understand that they are in control over their own emotions and they have a choice in how they respond.

3. They Don’t Shy Away from Change
Mentally strong people don’t try to avoid change. Instead, they welcome positive change and are willing to be flexible. They understand that change is inevitable and believe in their abilities to adapt.

4. They Don’t Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control
You won’t hear a mentally strong person complaining over lost luggage or traffic jams. Instead, they focus on what they can control in their lives. They recognize that sometimes, the only thing they can control is their attitude.

5. They Don’t Worry About Pleasing Everyone
Mentally strong people recognize that they don’t need to please everyone all the time. They’re not afraid to say no or speak up when necessary. They strive to be kind and fair, but can handle other people being upset if they didn’t make them happy.

6. They Don’t Fear Taking Calculated Risks
They don’t take reckless or foolish risks, but don’t mind taking calculated risks. Mentally strong people spend time weighing the risks and benefits before making a big decision, and they’re fully informed of the potential downsides before they take action.

7. They Don’t Dwell on the Past
Mentally strong people don’t waste time dwelling on the past and wishing things could be different. They acknowledge their past and can say what they’ve learned from it. However, they don’t constantly relive bad experiences or fantasize about the glory days. Instead, they live for the present and plan for the future.

8. They Don’t Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over
Mentally strong people accept responsibility for their behavior and learn from their past mistakes. As a result, they don’t keep repeating those mistakes over and over. Instead, they move on and make better decisions in the future.

9. They Don’t Resent Other People’s Success
Mentally strong people can appreciate and celebrate other people’s success in life. They don’t grow jealous or feel cheated when others surpass them. Instead, they recognize that success comes with hard work, and they are willing to work hard for their own chance at success.

10. They Don’t Give Up After the First Failure
Mentally strong people don’t view failure as a reason to give up. Instead, they use failure as an opportunity to grow and improve. They are willing to keep trying until they get it right.

11. They Don’t Fear Alone Time
Mentally strong people can tolerate being alone and they don’t fear silence. They aren’t afraid to be alone with their thoughts and they can use downtime to be productive. They enjoy their own company and aren’t dependent on others for companionship and entertainment all the time but instead can be happy alone.

12. They Don’t Feel the World Owes Them Anything
Mentally strong people don’t feel entitled to things in life. They weren’t born with a mentality that others would take care of them or that the world must give them something. Instead, they look for opportunities based on their own merits.

13. They Don’t Expect Immediate Results
Whether they are working on improving their health or getting a new business off the ground, mentally strong people don’t expect immediate results. Instead, they apply their skills and time to the best of their ability and understand that real change takes time.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/13-things-mentally-strong-people-dont.html

Are you mentally strong? Yup. I think I am. cool
k.
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by shegzi(m): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
Very interesting 12 ova 13
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by mr9ceguy3413: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
I love dis!...rly on point!
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Sam32(m): 9:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
adexsimply:
you failed the same thing "twice" cheesy cheesy

failing the same thing twice doesnt mean you made the same mistake
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Oluseyi2008(m): 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
masonkz: Mentally strong people have healthy habits. They manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in ways that set them up for success in life. Check out these things that mentally strong people don’t do so that you too can become more mentally strong.

1. They Don’t Waste Time Feeling Sorry for Themselves
Mentally strong people don’t sit around feeling sorry about their circumstances or how others have treated them. Instead, they take responsibility for their role in life and understand that life isn’t always easy or fair.

2. They Don’t Give Away Their Power
They don’t allow others to control them, and they don’t give someone else power over them. They don’t say things like, “My boss makes me feel bad,” because they understand that they are in control over their own emotions and they have a choice in how they respond.

3. They Don’t Shy Away from Change
Mentally strong people don’t try to avoid change. Instead, they welcome positive change and are willing to be flexible. They understand that change is inevitable and believe in their abilities to adapt.

4. They Don’t Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control
You won’t hear a mentally strong person complaining over lost luggage or traffic jams. Instead, they focus on what they can control in their lives. They recognize that sometimes, the only thing they can control is their attitude.

5. They Don’t Worry About Pleasing Everyone
Mentally strong people recognize that they don’t need to please everyone all the time. They’re not afraid to say no or speak up when necessary. They strive to be kind and fair, but can handle other people being upset if they didn’t make them happy.

6. They Don’t Fear Taking Calculated Risks
They don’t take reckless or foolish risks, but don’t mind taking calculated risks. Mentally strong people spend time weighing the risks and benefits before making a big decision, and they’re fully informed of the potential downsides before they take action.

7. They Don’t Dwell on the Past
Mentally strong people don’t waste time dwelling on the past and wishing things could be different. They acknowledge their past and can say what they’ve learned from it. However, they don’t constantly relive bad experiences or fantasize about the glory days. Instead, they live for the present and plan for the future.

8. They Don’t Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over
Mentally strong people accept responsibility for their behavior and learn from their past mistakes. As a result, they don’t keep repeating those mistakes over and over. Instead, they move on and make better decisions in the future.

9. They Don’t Resent Other People’s Success
Mentally strong people can appreciate and celebrate other people’s success in life. They don’t grow jealous or feel cheated when others surpass them. Instead, they recognize that success comes with hard work, and they are willing to work hard for their own chance at success.

10. They Don’t Give Up After the First Failure
Mentally strong people don’t view failure as a reason to give up. Instead, they use failure as an opportunity to grow and improve. They are willing to keep trying until they get it right.

11. They Don’t Fear Alone Time
Mentally strong people can tolerate being alone and they don’t fear silence. They aren’t afraid to be alone with their thoughts and they can use downtime to be productive. They enjoy their own company and aren’t dependent on others for companionship and entertainment all the time but instead can be happy alone.

12. They Don’t Feel the World Owes Them Anything
Mentally strong people don’t feel entitled to things in life. They weren’t born with a mentality that others would take care of them or that the world must give them something. Instead, they look for opportunities based on their own merits.

13. They Don’t Expect Immediate Results
Whether they are working on improving their health or getting a new business off the ground, mentally strong people don’t expect immediate results. Instead, they apply their skills and time to the best of their ability and understand that real change takes time.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/13-things-mentally-strong-people-dont.html

Are you mentally strong? Yup. I think I am. cool

Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Pvin: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
Feeling Mentally weak after reading this. But just promised my self to start building my mentality
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by onimcee1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
Thanks
Re: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do. by Infoay: 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Good to know am on track

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Things You Must Really Do Before Going Into 2018 - Fattkay / Fire Outbreak In Ikoyi Caused By Motorcycle Carrying 30 Liters Of Petrol / Keke Rider Gets N400K Reward For Returning Lost N300K In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.