Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises (27013 Views)

Don’t Peel Off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises / Foods You Should Eat With The Peel On / Don't Wash Your Chicken Before Cooking - Health Researchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by ednut1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
To me der is no benefit in cooking it, It shud be eaten raw cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
i won't also be suprised if i see things like
Eating of boiled eggs together with their shells is good for the body.
Eating of oranges together with their skins is also very good for hypertensive patients.
I think the nairaland moderators are begining to loose their steam.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Eliboy4fun(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lekwa ha..... Ndi ara ... U de kuk ur own like dat?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by ogunjimiwalefat(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
okay now..first of all
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by peter1994(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lilimax:
After cooking the yam, you'll definitely remove the peel before eating
which goes to the goats and sheeps grin

It's a win-win situation wink
my dear that is how it will start......from there anoda dietrist will modify it and so on untill we will start eating th back n giving goat the edible part
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Mickey7(m): 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ninejaywon: i won't also be suprised if i see things like
Eating of boiled eggs together with their shells is good for the body.
Eating of oranges together with their skins is also very good for hypertensive patients.
I think the nairaland moderators are begining to loose their steam.
plain dumb cry
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nigerians are dumbbb!
Cnt believe the comments im seeing.
Kids have taken over nairaland gaskiya!
Al negetive posters, u have no single brain, im serious! Imagine?
No wonder ma uncle cooks dat way, well he studied Food Science
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Asaro nko?! Cook the whole yam still?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Beync(f): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Even if I want to fry the yam
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Okijajuju1(m): 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
Na wah o!!

angry

Whilst we are discussing the dietary benefits of yams.. Please click on the link below and be a part of putting yams on the table of orphans around Nigeria this Christmas.

To feed a needy child this Christmas, click here 2nd edition Nairaland Annual Charity flight 2013

God bless you as you give to the poor..
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by leofab(f): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
What if am frying my yam, cooking with beans or plantain, what do i do? Fry it with the epidermis and later peel off? Or cook with my yam and later peel off?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by MeAboki(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
Might be true, but not enough information to explain how, more details needed.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Eseose9(f): 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
when i was much younger,we use to cook our yam without peeling
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by frankyychiji(f): 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
nerodenero: The learned minds are always confused about their submissions or should I say laws, rules, inventions etc. The Benin Doc is as confused as his colleagues. If his submission is true, then what of hygiene? How hygienic is cooking yam with thorny back filled with sand?It seems there is no ending to these confusions.
for crying out loud!!! Pls wash d tuber first before cutting.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Olugbenger(m): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
I do this normally, but after rinsing the yam.

1 Like

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Wendie94: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mr Peter u no follow ASUU ni, u shld b attending meeting on how 2 end dis strike. D research can wait til we resume.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by sonofanarchy(m): 6:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
>sad >sad

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by tsmith(f): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
The writer meant for the peel to be consumed, Consuming yam, potato peelings etc is beneficial to the digestive system, as these are high in fibre and up a great percentage of the RDA for fibre.

A lot of people buy fruit and fibre cereal, grains etc but do not actually understand the context behind it. We throw away a good supply of fibre everyday. Fibre is the insoluble and would not change its form during digestion (not stored or absorbed unlike carbs). Insoluble fiber binds to water and sweeps material through the digestive tract more efficiently. (less constipation, no need for opa eyin, agbo jedi and the other stuffs people use for pile). Brown bread, wheat etc are other examples of fibre where more chaff is used in production.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by sirhenry007(m): 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
lacicrips: That's how we did it back in the village. And no, we didn't read this article, just pure laziness.
cheesy
lacicrips: That's how we did it back in the village. And no, we didn't read this article, just pure laziness.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by buoye1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Now I knw y my goats r looking fresher daily btw thnks 4 da tip
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Kevsman(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
jayAjoku: if this kind of advice get K _leg o
you say?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by anytexy: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
it is a simple fact. Take it or leave it. Those of us that were born and breed in the village, understand better. Op, thanks for the info.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by olatunji390(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Pls, if i wan cook porridge nko?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by ujahboy(m): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hahahahahahh u re a funny crab
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by LadyH(f): 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rednaxelot: What about esuru(bitter yam), are we going to eat the peel with it?

With the way we are going with food, especially this yam and it's peel, goats and sheep may wage war against human.
looooooooooool u haff tear my belle grin grin
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by LadyH(f): 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
I know my dad will rather have it that way tho: unpeeled den boil.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by MANOSUB(m): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
I remember how my mum used to prepare it
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by jidefrimi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
nerodenero: The learned minds are always confused about their submissions or should I say laws, rules, inventions etc. The Benin Doc is as confused as his colleagues. If his submission is true, then what of hygiene? How hygienic is cooking yam with thorny back filled with sand?It seems there is no ending to these confusions.
oga use ur head nah shey wit sand u go put am 4 inside pot ni?

1 Like

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Habb: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
[quote
author=nerodenero]The learned minds are always confused about their
submissions or should I say laws, rules, inventions etc. The Benin Doc
is as confused as his colleagues. If his submission is true, then what
of hygiene? How hygienic is cooking yam with thorny back filled with
sand?It seems there is no ending to these confusions.[/quote] u wash d yam b4 cookin it.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Gabreal1(m): 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
Wat if i want to roast it?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Gabreal1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nawa o, why yam? last i saw on NL, dem talk sey if u want twins make u dey chop yam wella, hmm? like seriously, why always yam?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by gal10(f): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lilimax: This reminds me of my grandmother's style of cooking yam.
She always cook her yam with the peel...
Who knows, she died at a very old age smiley.
my dear even till date in my house, it is a law to NEVER peel d yam before cooking whenever my mum is home except for porridge!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does Your Favorite Bread Cost In Your Area? / A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro / Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.