Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises (27030 Views)

Don’t Peel Off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises / Foods You Should Eat With The Peel On / Don't Wash Your Chicken Before Cooking - Health Researchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by hairbraiding: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
its confusing/. did her say cook the yam unpeeled, then peel after cooking. or did he say, cook the yam unpeeled and eat both the yam n the peel??

http://www.hairbraidingnetwork.com/blog
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by 6ft: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
yeye dietician..has he forgotten his roots??
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Seth89(m): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
uhn

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rednaxelot: What about esuru(bitter yam), are we going to eat the peel with it?

With the way we are going with food, especially this yam and it's peel, goats and sheep may wage war against human.

Indeed u re a mumu did they tell u that diabetic patient eat yams
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Rednaxelot: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

what is this representative from yaba left saying in correlation with what he quoted now?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by akinladejo: 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lilimax: This reminds me of my grandmother's style of cooking yam.
She always cook her yam with the peel...
Who knows, she died at a very old age smiley.
Did she die or not? If u like eat d yam without pilling u will die one day.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by omoyankee3(m): 11:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Most Americans cook AND eat their potatoes with the skin.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by kosoko00: 12:13am On Nov 27, 2013
Tnx 4 this great tip oh! I dey chop rice everyday with little beans always added. Seems like I'll have 2 be having more beans per rice n beans meal grin
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by vision2050: 12:25am On Nov 27, 2013
I cooks yam add sugar also.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by khattab02: 1:29am On Nov 27, 2013
What of pounded yam?? Peeling it after it is cooked is a very difficult task( hotness of the yam when peeling) and u can't allow the yam to cool, if not u will have a very bad pounded yam.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by pamesugar: 6:11am On Nov 27, 2013
Was just passing by
Hmmmmmmmmm yam again
Ok oooo
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by shehuAO: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2013
Goats and sheep also eat cooked food,so,if yams are cooked before peels,goat and sheep can eat.too many books don bring wahala to this our obodo Nigeria .small tym doctor go say greeting in the morni go increase sugar level.God wee you dey now?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Rednaxelot: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2013
freda506: grin grin
ijesha ni ere?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by timoney(m): 7:35am On Nov 27, 2013
Rednaxelot: What about esuru(bitter yam), are we going to eat the peel with it.
Cook ur yam without peelin it; not eat ur yam without peelin. Who be ur English Lecturer?.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by diamond002: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2013
Rednaxelot: What about esuru(bitter yam), are we going to eat the peel with it?

With the way we are going with food, especially this yam and it's peel, goats and sheep may wage war against human.
grin̶̲̥̅̊ grin̶̲̥̅̊ =D =D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =D
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Sike(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
I don't trust this diet please.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Alleinad(f): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
I'm officially getting tired of these dieticians. how am I sure that its not some lazy person somewhere telling all these things. "dont make moi-moi wit the bean back removed, dont peel your irish potatoes (my mum is now forcing me to fry potatoes wit the skin n eat it! ), dont blow out the chaff from the roasted / fried groundnuts and now dont peel the skin of the yam before cooking it." what next? fry the Plantain with the skin?
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Ameboperoo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Especially when preparing porridge or yam pepper soup, make sure u leave the peel on. Don't thank me, thank God grin
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by ehibia(m): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
lacicrips: That's how we did it back in the village. And no, we didn't read this article, just pure laziness.

very funny... grin
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by luvlypie: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
[quote
author=nerodenero]The learned minds are always confused about their
submissions or should I say laws, rules, inventions etc. The Benin Doc
is as confused as his colleagues. If his submission is true, then what
of hygiene? How hygienic is cooking yam with thorny back filled with
sand?It seems there is no ending to these confusions.[/quote]

common sense shd tell u dat u should wash d yam thoroughly b4 cooking.

Smmhhh!
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by deols(f): 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
we cook sweet potatoes with the skin intact.

It therefore makes no big deal to do so for yam.

Elubo is also made with the back intact and only sifted after being ginded.

It sounds like a good experience to make.

1 Like

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by philkul: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Its no big deal afterall its almost d same tin wit peelin n den cooking bt d reverse. U will still have to peel it after cookin so no point getting agitated with his findings. Its all gud health is wealth don't forget
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by naijainfogalery: 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
Yam

Nigerians Living in America looking for yams in the US, you can get it here

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=Yam
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by tpiander: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Lilimax:
This reminds me of my grandmother's style of cooking yam.

some older people used to cook yam with the peel, however the yam was sliced differently too, chunks instead of slices.

well, it was ok, cant say I didn't eat it.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by tpiander: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
khattab02:
What of pounded yam?? Peeling it after it is cooked is a very difficult task( hotness of the yam when peeling) and u can't allow the yam to cool, if not u will have a very bad pounded yam.

some older people dont peel the yam before cooking, makes for faster preparation time.

its a skill knowing how to peel the cooked yam before pounding.
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by tpiander: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
hairbraiding:
its confusing/. did her say cook the yam unpeeled, then peel after cooking. or did he say, cook the yam unpeeled and eat both the yam n the peel??

lolz
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by khattab02: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
tpiander:

some older people dont peel the yam before cooking, makes for faster preparation time.

its a skill knowing how to peel the cooked yam before pounding.
hmmmm.......

I would like to learn that skill oooo...
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by khattab02: 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Memyselfu2009:

hahaha......

Why you harsh on the guy na?

grin
Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by Biola2610: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin cheesy OMG!!! This your comment is hilarious!!!

Rednaxelot:
What about esuru(bitter yam), are we going to eat the peel with it?

Re: Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises by samsard(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
Lilimax:
This reminds me of my grandmother's style of cooking yam.
Who knows, she died at a very old age smiley.
Your logic is flawed, as several people die in their youth even tho they eat unpeeled yam (in villages). But it may contribute to longevity in its own way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Breweries Announces Increase In Prices Of Beer Amid Rising Costs / How Much Does Your Favorite Bread Cost In Your Area? / Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.