Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,841 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is (1528 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Angel Micheal Worships Jesus / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Yooguyz: 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
In the fifty years between 1880 and
1930 there were five changes as to who Micheal was

1. An Angel that worships Jesus

"Hence it is said, "Let all the angels of God worship
him;" [that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is
not the Son of God] and the reason is, because He has "by inheritance obtained a more
excellent Name than they.""
Zion's Watch Tower 1879 Nov p.4

2. The Pope and Antichrist hehehe...

"Michael and his angels"--the papacy and its supporters--fought against the dragon--
pagan rulers, etc.,-- and the great dragon was cast out of heaven.
Zion's Watch Tower 1879
December p.6

3. Michael was the pre-human Jesus Christ

"Can it be that he who was called Michael--Jehovah's chief-messenger--was none other than our Lord in his pre-human condition? we conclude that HE
must have been "chief
messenger." " Zion's WatchTower 1883 June p.3

4. The Pope again

"Michael.--- "Who as God," the Pope." The Finished Mystery 1917 p.188

5. Jesus in heaven

Since the 1930's Michael is explained to be the heavenly name for Jesus.

"For many years Jehovah's Witnesses have taught that Michael is a heavenly name for
the only-begotten Son of God,who was named Jesus while on
earth." Watchtower 1984
December 15 p.26

Those group of clowns Governing the Watchtower Society demonstrate that they have no idea as to how
to interpret Revelation.

1 Like

Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Emusan(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
Yooguyz: In the fifty years between 1880 and
1930 there were five changes as to who Micheal was

1. An Angel that worships Jesus

"Hence it is said, "Let all the angels of God worship
him;" [that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is
not the Son of God] and the reason is, because He has "by inheritance obtained a more
excellent Name than they.""
Zion's Watch Tower 1879 Nov p.4

2. The Pope and Antichrist hehehe...

"Michael and his angels"--the papacy and its supporters--fought against the dragon--
pagan rulers, etc.,-- and the great dragon was cast out of heaven.
Zion's Watch Tower 1879
December p.6

3. Michael was the pre-human Jesus Christ

"Can it be that he who was called Michael--Jehovah's chief-messenger--was none other than our Lord in his pre-human condition? we conclude that HE
must have been "chief
messenger." " Zion's WatchTower 1883 June p.3

4. The Pope again

"Michael.--- "Who as God," the Pope." The Finished Mystery 1917 p.188

5. Jesus in heaven

Since the 1930's Michael is explained to be the heavenly name for Jesus.

"For many years Jehovah's Witnesses have taught that Michael is a heavenly name for
the only-begotten Son of God,who was named Jesus while on
earth." Watchtower 1984
December 15 p.26

Those group of clowns Governing the Watchtower Society demonstrate that they have no idea as to how
to interpret Revelation.

OP thanks for this beautiful post.
JWs God will forgive you and show you the Light through His Son Jesus.
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by SniperOne: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
grin
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Kyase(m): 1:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Then who is JESUS before his birth?
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Emusan(m): 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
Kyase: Then who is JESUS before his birth?

The word
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
Yesterday, i stumbled on an article which made me understand that russel might not have believed in Yahshua as angel mantra championed by post russel followers.
“Hence it is said, ‘Let all the angels of God worship him’: (that must include Michael, the chief angel, hence Michael is not the Son of God)....”
http://www.towertotruth.net/images/WTNovember1879p4.jpg i was like, what is going on here? Did they hijack and changed what he initial belief to what we have today? trogunn bares witness to this "correction"
Seems a pretty pointless thread, not worth the time of any serious JW - dig up 80-years and older views of JWs which they have corrected and do what exactly?
furthermore, i observe that russel doesnt buy this idea of replacing the old wit new which is what we see today, from Yahshua is NOT michael to Yahshua is now michael.
A new view of truth can never contradict a former truth. ‘New light’ never extinguishes older ‘light’, but adds to it....So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another”.
http://www.towertotruth.net/WilltheRealJesusPleaseStandUp.htm
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Emusan(m): 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
@Hisblud

That @Trogun's statement really got me sad. They're the one Apostel Paul is referring to here Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Yet they failed to look beyond.

This same Jws has propagated before that Jesus deserves to be worshipped, today they have reverted their statement.

My question is, What is the FATE of those who have subscribed to this doctrine before they died and now there's a new doctrine?

1 Like

Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Yooguyz: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Emusan:

This same Jws has propagated before that Jesus deserve worship, today they have reverted their statement.

My question is, What is the FATE of those who have subscribed to this doctrine before they died and now there's a new doctrine?
you asked a very intelligent question

lets leave the answer to our ogas at the top

Truth[lie]islight, JMAN05 And co.
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 28, 2013
deleted. i am banned scripturally to comment cos of the owner of this thread. 1cor. 5:11
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Yooguyz: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2013
JMAN05: deleted. i am banned scripturally to comment cos of the owner of this thread. 1cor. 5:11

"But now i have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one, no, not to eat"
I Corithians 5:11

dude this is not the first time you've commented on my thread or replied my post,
did you bring that ^^ up to avoid answering Emusan's question?

Emusan: This same Jws has propagated before that Jesus deserve worship, today they have reverted their statement.

It appears you are not good at the art of Telling Lies, just like those circus clowns in bethel.

Btw you are chatting with a one time bethelite and a currently serving elder. Be careful how you write.
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Yooguyz: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by philfearon(m): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Brainwashed 20th Century Clowns===>Jw's

2 Likes

Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 06, 2013
Hmm emusan nna mehn. The question you raised is indeed a sober one. hope berny can help give us verses that might help us see the parallel similarity of why they change.
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by PastorOluT(m): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2013
Emusan: @Hisblud

That @Trogun's statement really got me sad. They're the one Apostel Paul is referring to here Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Yet they failed to look beyond.

This same Jws has propagated before that Jesus deserves to be worshipped, today they have reverted their statement.

I just cant understand how their followers remain blinded to all these facts staring them in the face. Only God what they will come up with tomorrow?

God bless u @ op for the eye opener!
Re: Who Jehovah's Witnesses Say Arc-angel Micheal Is by paulGrundy(m): 6:49pm On May 12, 2020
mm

(1) (Reply)

South African Pastor Gives Congregation Petrol To Drink!! / Breaking News*** MEND Claims Responsibility For The Scoan Disaster??? / Did Jesus Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.