Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? (2703 Views)

Buhari Tops BBC's Africa's Best Quotes of 2015 / Cameroon 'kills 100 Boko Haram Fighters And Frees 900 Hostages' -bbc Africa / Some Sensible Ideas On How To Solve The Boko Haram Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by DeeJay20: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2011

NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN OTHER PEOPLES OPINION ABOUT NIGERIA

TIRED OF PEOPLE HATING ON MY HOMELAND!!!

I WAS NOT BORN IN NIGERIA

BUT I LIVED THERE THROUGH MY TEENS AND DID PART UNI THERE!!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA,

I AM A NIGERIAN,

I LOVE BEING A NIGERIAN

AND I WANT TO REMAIN A NIGERIAN

LETS US RESPECT OUR FATHERLAND

THE BEST GIFT MY FATHER GAVE ME WAS TAKING ME TO LIVE IN MY FATHERLAND!!!

NIGERIANS THAT HAVE NEVER LIVED IN NIGERIA WILL NOT UNDERSTAND
Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by Litmus: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2011
Opinions wont be truly reflective, BBC subjects posts to scrutiny and make their decisions on what should go online. You'll find that if you post something positive about Nigeria or some black issue it rarely appears online but post something negative they let it through.
Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
^^ That is not really true. I have been a member of the BBC forum for well over 4 years now, and I can tell you that apart from insulting posts, the forum shows it all . . . I mean all views. I have also been a listener of the world have your say broadcast for longer and every single opinion is found there. As long as you are not there to insult others, but respond appropriately to the issues and views posted, your post will show up, even if not immediately.
Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by donjon: 5:51pm On Jan 26, 2011
I tink we are d best! Wherever we go, we stand out & get noticed!
Granted, we have yahoo boiz, drug couriers, 419 syndicates & all sorts of bad guys

but we also have the best minds & skills & THEY know it!

Anything they try, we can do better- if given the chance.

And like i always say " only in d hse of a great man, will u find differnt personalities "
Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
from bbc:

2011 elections

The People's Democratic Party (PDP) has won all elections since the end of military rule in 1999. It won two-thirds of Nigeria's 36 states last time. To win at the first round, a candidate needs at least 25% of the vote in two-thirds of Nigeria's 36 states.

ethnic groups

Nigeria's 160 million people are divided between numerous ethno-linguistic groups and also along religious lines. Broadly, the Hausa-Fulani people based in the north are mostly Muslims. The Yorubas of the south-west are divided between Muslims and Christians, while the Igbos of the south-east and neghbouring groups are mostly Christian or animist. The Middle Belt is home to hundreds of groups with different beliefs, and around Jos there are frequent clashes between Hausa-speaking Muslims and Christian members of the Berom community.

Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
contd

health:

Southern residents tend to have better access to healthcare, as reflected by the greater uptake of vaccines for polio, tuberculosis, tetanus and diphtheria. Some northern groups have in the past boycotted immunisation programmes, saying they are a Western plot to make Muslim women infertile. This led to a recurrence of polio, but the vaccinations have now resumed.

wealth

Despite its vast resources, Nigeria ranks among the most unequal countries in the world, according to the UN. The poverty in the north is in stark contrast to the more developed southern states. While in the oil-rich south-east, the residents of Delta and Akwa Ibom complain that all the wealth they generate flows up the pipeline to Abuja and Lagos.

Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
literacy:

Female literacy is seen as the key to raising living standards for the next generation. For example, a newborn child is far likelier to survive if its mother is well-educated. In Nigeria we see a stark contrast between the mainly Muslim north and the Christian and animist south. In some northern states less than 5% of women can read and write, whereas in some Igbo areas more than 90% are literate.

Re: Bbc Africa's "what Do You Think Of Nigeria" A Sensible Forum? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
not my opinion, plz.

culled from bbc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13107867

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Atiku's Name Omitted From Inec List / Fg Releases N15bn To Police For 2011 Polls / Seun Rere Crooner, Christy Igbokwe Dies At 51

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.