Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless (15399 Views)

Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? / (photos) See How A Dog Save A Hopeless Child In Brazil / Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by alphaconde(m): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
If u were the government where will u start from?
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by nerodenero: 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Psychedelia: I understand those kids in the second picture are almajiris...
The second picture clearly shows that it was taken in Lagos and Lagos doesn't have almajiri. Maybe we have younger "agberos" now shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Dannylux: 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
showgolee: the begging issh is most common for yoruba and hausa pple, hardly you find igbo doing that

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by bizfirst: 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is sad...

But, OP, I really hate it when the international community make it look like we are the only country that cannot care for her citizens.

The US is known for harbouring citizens it cannot cater for. The homeless abound in Europe!

Will someone please tell these folks that they should face their problems and leave Nigeria alone?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by waterhouse071(m): 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
who are we now gonna blamed for these kids. Their parents I think, because they knew the kind of country they live in before giving birth to children they ain't gonna be able to take care of. I just wonder why people don't understand that human beings deserve more than merely existing. Life is meant to be lived to fulfill purpose.
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by donphilopus: 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
When there's life, there is hope!
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
pheesayor: In Lagos, as well as some other states education is free up to secondary level but some people aren't just interested in the long term gain of children education, they prefer the short term gain of their children begging, hawking or even helping them with their businesses e.g. "mama put" and co.

Brother you dont understand that need food first in ur stomach to go to school, if dont have shelter and food how will reading book come to your mind. Africa as a whole is a failed state, even rich countries like Nigeria and SA can not do anything to help the citizenry.
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
O i just viewed d pics..
So what is sad here..

Even on the streets of Washington dere are beggars n homeless people..

It's even in d bible..
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by nerodenero: 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
emmiieeee: When i bcome minister of health,it wl b a crime 2hv mo dan 2-3 kids.n b4 u hv a child,u mst hv enuf resources set apart to train d child to university level.i dnt undastand y its d poor dat hv 6-12 kids n d rich hv 2-4
You won't even last a day as a Minister because many will call for your head cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by 50calibre(m): 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
The future of Nigeria is as bleak as ever, look at the future right there.

Please people breed sensibly, what's the point bringing children into this world to suffer like this, it's pure cruelty. Don't breed more than you can cater for

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by 50calibre(m): 12:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: O i just viewed d pics..
So what is sad here..

It's even in d bible..

It's either your parents sent you out to trade on the street like this, or you are sending you children.

Else I cant see why you should justify a thing like this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Blame the parents.
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Even in dis pitiable situation, clueless northern governors continue to use state funds to organise mass marriage for lazy men n women who produce such human eye-sore, but will not cater for d sufferin kids. Smh. Sometin is terribly wrong wit some people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Dom2020: 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
God will help us to protect the future of this little ones
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by tellwisdom: 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hiss..These ones are enjoying jor undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Afritop(m): 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
The situation is really embarrasing. In the North it is even worse. Most of them have been used and brainwashed by terrorist elements into thinking that the government is not bothered about their welfare. Majority of members of the Boko haram, pick pockets, child labour are direct consequences of this thinking of hopeless situation and lack of protection from the community
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
all i wanna say's that, they dont really care about us!
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by grandstar(m): 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
the solutiiom.... pray for Gods kingdom to come matthew 6:9 '10 psalms 72:12-14. matthew 24:14
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by emmabest2000(m): 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Not only in 9jar tongue
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by BlueMagic2(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: O i just viewed d pics..
So what is sad here..

It's even in d bible..

#bizfirst#:
This is sad...

But, OP, I really hate it when the international community make it look like we are the only country that cannot care for her citizens.

The US is known for harbouring citizens it cannot cater for. The homeless abound in Europe!

Will someone please tell these folks that they should face their problems and leave Nigeria alone?

Nigellus_Hosan: All these make up stories..
I have never seen any homeless Kid..

Sympathy beggars

I am always amused when Nigerians live in self denial

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Danhumprey: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
tumababa: really serious. leaders of tomoro.....anyway they will also av a story to tell,, that they once had no shoes.....
Yes oh! Just like our President who seem mindless and unconcerned about our plight as citizens. Tomorrow would be their turn to tell the world,nay their offsprings about their life story,and that they once had no shoes. embarassed
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by illicit(m): 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

You dont need more pix here, go to the streets/roads you will get a live coverage. Probably ur parents are one those stealing away the futures of these children
now u ve succeeded in misquoting me, what i meant was that .......

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by mmsen: 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
I have noticed two distinct groups of street children in Calabar.

The first group is made up of those who have been declared 'witches' by their ignorant parents.

The second group are a Arab looking. A local restaurant worker told me that he thinks that they come from Niger (Republic).

There aren't a lot of them in total - maybe 20.
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Polio: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Beyond sad.... smh
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Yujin(m): 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Homeless and hopeless children abound the world over- from underdeveloped Africa to the superdeveloped Europe & North America. These children could be orphans, offsprings of a broken home or products of unplanned breeding(handi-work of military or paramilitary groups(NYSC etc) of assignment on 'foreign' locations, road construction workers in a host community etc). Whatever the case, the fact remains that it was never their choice to come to the world under such circumstance.
So, we must make effort to help out by facing the causes of this pathetic social ill in order to reduce it to the barest minimum and where applicable give those who are of natural causes shelter and hope for tomorrow. It starts with you and I. Yes, why would you go on unprotected with a lady you don't plan to raise any kid with? Go to most NYSC Orientation camps and see them! Go to some communities where soldiers went for official duty and see their unofficial dickprints! Thesame for road construction workers. Why, why and why don't we think of the consequences of our present actions? Many nairalanders do not stop to reflect that their blood could be street kids somewhere. For me, I have sworn that as long as it depends on me, my blood will never be a street kid. Tufia! I must be conscious of the result of my copulation.
I love kids and initially I budgetted for eight but with current realities, three at most four is the best for me(hopefully) and the other resources channelled to give life to atleast two or more street kids.
However, what baffels me most is the uncontrolled breeding in the muslim areas northern Nigeria all in the quest of population domination against the rest of the empire. As at present, their are over ten million almajiris whose fathers and mothers are still being encouraged by some state governments through state marriages to procreate more children that they clearly can't cater for. Who can tell me what the condition will be by year 2020?
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by anonimi: 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Yujin: Homeless and hopeless children abound the world over- from underdeveloped Africa to the superdeveloped Europe & North America.

Why do we like to deceive ourselves so much
Homeless children ABOUND in superdeveloped Europe and America in the same way as Africa?
Interesting!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by olaidede: 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
So sad. I pray one day, very soon I would be able to offer help to the ones I can reach out to.
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Adrenaline123(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Well sad, I hope substituting a hundred naira credit for a night dinner of a homeless kid will please your creator, try it out.
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
Blue Magic:

I am always amused when Nigerians live in self denial

just shurrup
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
50calibre:

It's either your parents sent you out to trade on the street like this, or you are sending you children.

Else I cant see why you should justify a thing like this

have u finished ranting
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by plendil: 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
emmiieeee: When i bcome minister of health,it wl b a crime 2hv mo dan 2-3 kids.n b4 u hv a child,u mst hv enuf resources set apart to train d child to university level.i dnt undastand y its d poor dat hv 6-12 kids n d rich hv 2-4

I feel you 100%, my dear sister.

What galls me to no end is why those imbeccciles (yes that's what they are, no apologies! angry angry )keep churning out these children they have no means to cater for??

don't they have anything to do besides se.x??

Yes we know its poverty, and se.x, in the absence of any job becomes the only means to pass away time. truly pathetic cry cry
Re: Nigeria’s Street Kids: Unprotected And Hopeless by plendil: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Govt should seriously consider health policies that make birth control measures mandatory for people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me / Would you leave your husband/wife to marry your long-lost first and true love? / He Is A Womaniser, Will He Make My Mother Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.