Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:40 AM

Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me (15497 Views)

Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, / My Husband Had A One Night Stand And The Girl Had A Baby / Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Approved1(f): 2:03am On Sep 01, 2011
Hello.

7 years ago my husband and I decided not to have any more children. We already have 1 boy and 1 girl. At the time, I suggested he get a Vasectomy because it was only a minor surgery, compared to me getting female tubes tied, would be a major surgery and need 6 weeks recovery time. HE AGREED and had the procedure done.

Now he wants more children. Sometimes I think I want more children too-- and he now says that I FORCED HIM to go to the doctor for his procedure and has been very BITTER toward me. He has said he wants nore children for a whole year. This is straining our marriage. HE WILL NOT CONSIDER ADOPTION.

Its very expensive to have it reversed (In U.S. its $12,000) and still no guarantee that it will work after all this time.

Is it better to raise the money and try for surgery, or just expect that God will have mercy and give us a child by miracle?

1 Like

Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Emmyk(m): 2:29am On Sep 01, 2011
Hmmm,
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by tpia5: 2:36am On Sep 01, 2011
ivf?
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2011
I don`t blame you,

I blame your Husband,

Some women are evil empire
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Bestglo(f): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
tpia@:

ivf?
seconded
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by maclatunji: 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
They have given you the answer. However, your husband needs a whipping from his dad or whoever holds the position in his life.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
We humans are something else we always want what we cant have.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by ronkebp(f): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmm, just save towards the surgery, lets see what will happen? if it works, fine, if it doesn't then you know, you have tried.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 01, 2011
You should have had him save his S p e r m in a S p e r m bank just i case before u guys did the whatever u did, I'm talking maybe a gallon of S p e r m in the bank would have prevented your heart ache now. There is still hope sha, since u made him suspend his stuff, u should pay for the surgery to get it back.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Thatdave(m): 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2011
believe me, that mumu u call a husband will want to have it re-reversed after a $12000 reversal!

1 Like

Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Roland17(m): 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
Be careful for what you wish for, it might come back to haunt you.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by strongguy(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
you made a terrible mistake with the surgery.if you have the money then proceed with the operation and pray to God.above all,go for counselling with you pastor
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Guyman02: 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thatdave:

believe me, that mumu u call a husband will want to have it re-reversed after a $12000 reversal!

I think the man is confused by the performance of his kinni which is going down because of age! Seems like your husband never heard about slim condoms or other natural family planning methods like billings.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by 2mch(m): 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
Never make any permanent changes to your body, because one day you may outgrow the belief/fashion. Nothing is constant in this life except change. Humans are constantly evolving and changing. You better go and raise the $12k for the man and reverse the thing. When you were being americana, you were not thinking about the future and did not contact us. Now that water don pass garri you are here in pain and looking for mercy. Raise $12k with hotel and hospital bills abroad. Hopefully you did not do the vasectomy in a backyard place where they castrated the guy, otherwise you will just have to divorce and go your own way. Like oyinbo will say "stop crying and put your big girl shoes on" shocked grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Bawss1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
Where did he have his 'sectomy done. I want to do same.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by sayso: 4:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
engineerd:

You should have had him save his S p e r m in a S p e r m bank just i case before u guys did the whatever u did, I'm talking maybe a gallon of S p e r m in the bank would have prevented your heart ache now. There is still hope sha, since u made him suspend his stuff, u should pay for the surgery to get it back.

don't they need money to prserve thr damm sperm?just asking
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by GoldCircle: 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2011
@OP,
I guess you don't live in Nigeria. I find it quite strange that a Nigerian man will consent to vasectomy in the first instance. Anyway, since you have both decided to have another child, you can as well save for it and reverse it since adoption is totally out of it.

any way you choose to go about it, i wish you goodluck!
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by DayTrader: 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2011
HE AGREED and had  the procedure done
Now he wants more children. Sometimes I think I want more children too-- and he now says that I FORCED HIM to go to the doctor for his procedure and has been very BITTER toward me.
HE WILL NOT CONSIDER ADOPTION.

1st he agreed, then he blames u that u forced him (I wonder how u did that), you're not sure if you want more kids but you want to raise the funds to have it reversed. The only thing you are sure of is that adoption is not an option, it does not take a shrink to point out that it's not having more kids that is causing the stress in your relationship.

1 Like

Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by LesbianBoy(m): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2011
tpia@:

ivf?

What thats? angry angry
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Bawss1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
GoldCircle:

@OP,
I guess you don't live in Nigeria. I find it quite strange that a Nigerian man will consent to vasectomy in the first instance. Anyway, since you have both decided to have another child, you can as well save for it and reverse it since adoption is totally out of it.

any way you choose to go about it, i wish you goodluck!

The path to rest of mind and you find it strange?
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by eghost247(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2011
Approved1:

Hello.

7 years ago my husband and I decided not to have any more children. We already have 1 boy and 1 girl. At the time, I suggested he get a Vasectomy because it was only a minor surgery, compared to me getting female tubes tied, would be a major surgery and need 6 weeks recovery time. HE AGREED and had the procedure done.

Now he wants more children. Sometimes I think I want more children too-- and he now says that I FORCED HIM to go to the doctor for his procedure and has been very BITTER toward me. He has said he wants nore children for a whole year. This is straining our marriage. HE WILL NOT CONSIDER ADOPTION.

Its very expensive to have it reversed (In U.S. its $12,000) and still no guarantee that it will work after all this time.

Is it better to raise the money and try for surgery, or just expect that God will have mercy and give us a child by miracle?
raise money for the surger and pray to God
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by slinkky(m): 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
why is he blaming you now, did you drag him into having a vasectomy against his will by nagging? or was it done with mutual consent
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by doublekay: 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2011
@ op you didnt tell us your income level but if you can afford reversin d vasectomy comfortably then give it a shot. If not go for adoption or look 4 a gud guy that can be of help
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Smilenw(f): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
I second tpia's suggestion-IVF

@Lsbn boy- Let me try to explain, IVF (in vitro fertilization) is a procedure where the Fluid and the egg are fertilized outside their biological environment, i.e in a lab. The advantage is lesser cost  and higher chances of success compared to the reversal surgery. Also the couple can have their own child, no third party involved, just as how it would be had they planned to hve a child naturally. There are drawbacks too, but if they are desperate and the man cannot consider adoption then this is their best bet.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by kayalla(f): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
Roland17:

Be careful for what you wish for, it might come back to haunt you.

hmmm,
what more miracle re u expecting
u made ur choice and have to live with it.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by brainpulse: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
why didnt you wait for god for a miracle of not having more babies than pushing god to a corner when you have blocked the tube suppliering spermatozoa. well he can use his spit for the miracle.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by nagoma(m): 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
The solution is to go for reversal surgery as soon as possible. It is expensive but that's what can preserve your marriage. 7 years after the vasectomy is a little too long a time but in good hands reversal can be upto 80% restoration of patency and over 50% chances of pregnancy if you have a normal or above normal fertility (are you Yoruba?). An alternative would be aspiration and Assisted Reproductive Treatment (ART). This will not need such a fine oprative procedure but may be equally expensive.
As the woman always suffers the problems of child birth, I the  husband, I would rarther persuade her (for her health and beauty) to take the precaution and there  are many non permanent methods. What is wrong with long term subcutaneous implants or injections or even the good old intrauterine device. Husbands please don't allow yourselves to be pushed to the corner. I am not against women ; just my opinion and nothing must be permanent , not even marriage. Forget about adoption.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by ronkebp(f): 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
doublekay:

@ op you didnt tell us your income level but if you can afford reversin d vasectomy comfortably then give it a shot. If not go for adoption or look 4 a gud guy that can be of help

grin grin grin. That one will make her hubby kolo finally!!!
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by SisiKill1: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
IVFs are very expensive and there's no guarantee it would take on the first cycle.

The average IVF cost is $12,000, but it can be as much as $15,000. It may be as low as $10,000, but it’s rarely lower than that. These prices are for one cycle of IVF.
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by Smilenw(f): 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2011
^ Oh ! I didn't know IVFs could be so expensive
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by teemon: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
I think you are right o!, What even happen to those good flavoured Condoms?, hmmmm!
Re: Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me by niddamugu(m): 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
What is vasectomy in the first place? You tried to tamper God's design? Hmmmmm!!!! Modern medicine is not for everybody. You both messed up especially your husband because you demonstrated  lack of knowledge. Did you seek the face of God before embarking on this journey (of no return)? Before seeking his miracle now, why didn't you seek his help on imbibing the Holy Spirit to help you handle you problem. The scriptures you needed then and still need now are: Eph. 5:18; Gal. 5:22-23 (read both scriptures in NIV translation) and the emphases should be on SELF CONTROL (or is it BIRTH CONTROL?) Going forward, always meditate on Phil. 4:8 at all times because I can imagine what's going through your both minds. May God help you,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Is A Womaniser, Will He Make My Mother Happy? / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) / What Can You Do With 5k Within 28days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.