Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others (24789 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / Panicky Diezani Reaches Out To Lamorde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by chimchim1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
Despite the hard line posture of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Presidency has opted to reach out to the aggrieved governors and leaders of the New PDP to give room for the completion of peace talks with President Goodluck Jonathan.
The aggrieved governors- Rotimi Amaechi, Murtala Nyako, Abdulfatah Ahmed, Aliyu Wammako and Rabiu Kwankwaso- defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday.
According to sources, who pleaded not to be named, a security chief has since Tuesday been reaching out to the aggrieved G-7 governors to honour the President on Sunday by attending the resumption of peace talks.
It was learnt that the security chief made the governors to realise that the ill-health of the President accounted for the shift of the meeting.
It was gathered that the security top brass said even if the governors had taken their decision, it is proper to allow the conclusion of talks with the President.
A source, who spoke in confidence, said the intervention of the security chief was as a result of the likely implications of an all-out-battle between the President and the governors.
The source said: “The top security brass has been begging the governors to return to the negotiation table because of likely degeneration of the political situation in the country.
“His fear is that the implosion in PDP may ground governance to a halt, in view of the attitude of some hawks in the ruling party that the President should adopt a tit-for-tat measure against perceived political adversaries.
“The consequence of the crisis on the 2014 Budget became obvious following the probability of APC controlling the majority in the National Assembly, especially the House of Representatives.
“So, there is pressure on the governors to have a rethink. The security chief has contacted some key Northern leaders and traditional rulers to intercede.”
As at press time however it was learnt that the aggrieved governors, with the exception of Governors Sule Lamido and Babangida Aliyu, were yet to make any commitment to have meeting with the President on Sunday.
Another source said: “Mr. Rotimi Amaechi told those making the overtures as follows: ‘I won’t attend any meeting on Sunday since I am no longer in their midst.’
“The governors are skeptical about the sincerity of the President to the resumption of peace talks. He is using the session to gauge the feeling of the governors and determine when to strike against them.
“The governors and New PDP leaders have merged with APC; it is presumed that the reconciliation process is dead.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/presidency-reaches-amaechi-nyako-others/

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by donphilopus: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
These are the main people, not the PDP E-rats.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by vedaxcool(m): 2:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
2015 things

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by wildchild1: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
I thought some people here said the defection wont harm pdp or the the president.I laugh is Somali...if only you know power of incumbency which i know mr president knows,even though he is the sitting president he cant be everywhere during the election,he needs the so called governors badly or else 2015 is gonna be a tough one for him.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by ZinoFego: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
All these may just be a game plan for PDP to infiltrate into APC ahead 2015 using the aggrieved Govs. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by osifred(m): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
I thought they don't give a damn

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by waterhouse071(m): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Everyone is struggling for survival. I believe politicians should stand for their party's ideology whatever the cost.
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by jogsman01(m): 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Booked
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Why flogging a dead dog? Allow those traitors go!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by collins2good(m): 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
What did he want to talk, he should let them be
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by hotswagg12: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by nkemKalu: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
No Comment.
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by experimentist: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oh lord! Thank you for I'm among the top 5 smiley
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by celine28: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Can they survive in apc?
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Omexonomy: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Too late.
Gej should just allow this people go especialy ameachi and one thing is certain edo and nasarrawa states will soon joing PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Josh316(m): 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Despite the hard line posture of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Presidency has opted to reach out to the aggrieved governors and leaders of the New PDP New APC grin to give room for the completion of peace talks with President Goodluck Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
16th to comment.grin grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by RSA1: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is rather too late! Who are those people telling the president that this men are paper weight politician, he better have a re-think. Good moves for the G-7, i hail thee my dearest country.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by omonla555: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
The Mathematics is not in favour of GEJ, you will read this in my memoir on NL later.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by musb92yahooco: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pdp has fail already

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by yominaire(m): 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
The president has decided to put on a bulletproof vest after he has been short by many rounds of AK-47 rifle. Pride goes before a fall. This is the beginning of the end of GEJ's political life.[color=#990000][/color]

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by abuc: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
I doubt this report by The Nation. Amaechi and Nyako are currently members of APC. Of what need will the President reach out to them again? PDP National Leadership and the President strategically shifted the meeting from last sunday due to the intelligence report they receive about the merger move. They wanted to know who will defect and those that will remain.

Let me make it clear here: Aliyu, Lamido, Oyinlola, Segun Oni and others will never join APC. Imagine Oyinlola allowing Ogbeni to control the party in his state and Segun Oni allowing Fayemi to become his Party Leader at Ekiti. One thing you guys don't understand is the imminent fight for power within APC that will emerge within the next 10 months. Most of the power players are too egocentric and will likely want to ferment trouble. Just be watching what will happen between Kwankwaso and Shekarau in Kano next year.

I just hope the National leadership of APC will be able to prevail on some of their key power players...

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Walelavender(m): 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
If this gist is anything to go by, then PDP must be in a big mess, coz they are behaving as if their political destiny lies with the G7. Defection or not, these politicians don't have ideologies. 14 years @ the centre without viable structure,but strong personalities. Will APC offer a better platform, that I'm not too confident
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by collins2good(m): 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
experimentist: Oh lord! Thank you for I'm among the top 5 smiley
among top 5 like this , how?
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by egift(m): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
The President cannot afford an all-out war with the opposition - it will not win him any favour. Jonathan's major problem are his advisers.

But PDP should stop crying over spilled milk because Nigerians are about to beat the 14yrs old Ogogoro out of them.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
let Akpabio be talking trash. na now dem eyes clear grin

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Xpset: 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
mr. Jonathan ur wife has advised u wrongly on this one. I thought Akpabio dare them to go.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by chimex38: 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Vivipedia: 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
All these commotion might be a way God wants to establish his justice. Visit: www.vivipedia.com
Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by naija2dabone(m): 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
stupid write up. No source, just conjuction of the writers imagination. Junk journalism

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reaches Out To Amaechi, Nyako, Others by Btruth: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Laying in state after burial. O ga ooo..........lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Want Atiku Probed For Going To Dubai – APC / Presidential Committe Gives Oshiomhole 48 Hours To Cancels Okorocha's Suspension / Jubilation As Kaduna State Govt Begins Payment Of N30,000 New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.