Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? (37451 Views)

3.5g Hsdpa Universal Internet Modem For As Low As N5,799 / Price Of Mtn 3.5g Modems / How Do I Configure Mtn 3.5g Usb Modem To Share Internet To 5 Pc's Using Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by otokx(m): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2009
3.5g still shaky at choba/aluu area of Port Harcourt. Yesterday i could connect but no packets were being received until evening. Today it was ok till about 25 minutes ago. Even the share and sell suddenly stopped going. What a disappointment?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by amadika(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2009
me I tire for MTN 3.5g for Choba because the thing too slow for my lappy. zain edge network dey appear and disappear on its own. Their edge netwok dey try when e dey on.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by stancozy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2009
@otux, sh!t happens man. . We gotta get used to it. .
@abhost, thanx abunch. . Got all 'em 404 i was luk1n for. .
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by march881(m): 11:40pm On Apr 22, 2009
@ Dual Core, sup man? told u i needed to hear from you about this MTN thingy and i have herd nofin.Kindly give a flash,txt or a call and i would surely get back to you. Its really important , 07086685622, Cant be on the internet for a while,hoping to hear from you.
SOON
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by init4dmoni(m): 1:14am On Apr 26, 2009
has anyone eva used the mtn hyconnect stuff
pls wat ws ur experience
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by hayprof(m): 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2009
Which is the Hyconnect? Another data plan or usb device frm Mtn?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by DualCore1: 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2009
march881:

@ Dual Core, sup man? told u i needed to hear from you about this MTN thingy and i have herd nofin.Kindly give a flash,txt or a call and i would surely get back to you. Its really important , 07086685622, Cant be on the internet for a while,hoping to hear from you.
SOON

didnt see ur earlier request sorry. IM me wenever u wonno. Y!M ID = k_frill
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by tai2(m): 4:04am On Apr 27, 2009
Is it just me or is MTN blocking downloads, any download over 16MB keeps hanging in the middle of the process , I've tried it on like three laptops with various downloads and its the same thing. Na wa o, dem no just want make boiz utilize this fast speed at all.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by lynxnoon(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2009
tai2:

Is it just me or is MTN blocking downloads, any download over 16MB keeps hanging in the middle of the process , I've tried it on like three laptops with various downloads and its the same thing. Na wa o, dem no just want make boiz utilize this fast speed at all.
same here oh!! and i was tinking its my laptop or d antivirus am using angry undecided(aha!! i just want to use d 3Gig sharp sharp n bone jare,,,,,,,,,tnk God i bot a sim solely for browsing so mtn cnt hook me wit extra charges grin grin)
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by amadika(m): 6:23am On Apr 28, 2009
I tire for MTN connection. I was trying to update my Nokia 5800 firmware yesterday. The thing kept on disconnecting after it has downloaded about 16 - 20MB of data out of the 128MB it is supposed to download.
Even with the above constant disconnection problem, MTN has reduced the price of their fastlink modem to N16,000 to attract more suscribers.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by lynxnoon(m): 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
i'd rada buy a 3G(wit hsdpa) fone dan go 4 dia product, at least i'm sure dere wont be any hidden restrictions on d device & i can use it 4 oda sims
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by flyuche(m): 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2009
What's MTN up to now? People are begining to complain about this download disconnection. Hmmmm MTN.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by flyuche(m): 4:38am On Apr 29, 2009
mtn wan injure me o!

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by lynxnoon(m): 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2009
@flyuche
is dat speed frm mtn or mtn wit yf? or did u somehow tweak it? lipsrsealed wink
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by flyuche(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2009
it's MTN 3.5G. the speed could be fascinating when it's stable, but like everybody is experiencing now, connection keeps breaking.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by flyuche(m): 12:09am On May 01, 2009
mtn is not ready for 3G yet. if they think the kind of erratic service we get now is 3G, then they are plain stupid. useless service. why can't they just tell us they are still testing the service? abeg where is my starcomms sierra data card.?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by Metroman(m): 4:29am On May 02, 2009
the MTN service in the last month has been plain annoying. The stuff never connects at 10pm, you have to wait till 11:30pm and then there is the disconnecting issue where it disconnects every 22MB at the start and this gradually reduces to 2MB around 3am. Really annoying i tell you.

I think the upgrade was due to a bug that alloed us browse far beyond 5am sometimes even up to 8pm in the day despite being on the nite plan if one doesn't disconnect.

many of my friends have given up on MTN and i tell you if Zain or Glo get their acts together, MTN 3G will be history.

@ Dual Core, I think you are just pulling our legs with the comment on 4K for unlimited bandwidth, ha ha ha there is nothing like that. and for your info with the current state of MTN, you can't get 4GB downloaded in one night.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by bily(m): 10:01am On May 02, 2009
@ erico2k2,

thanx for d info, sounds interesting though i dont live in d uk or usa, but if its how u say it is one can easily get d tmobile sim. infact the sim is even free, lol. i went to their site to find out more details, n i want to beliv u r referring to their web n walk package dat costs 1pounds per day? but i also gathered that roaming charges will also apply if u r using it outside the uk n dat costs about 1.5pounds/MB and culd b upto 7.5pounds/Mb for african countries

so how do your bypass the roaming charges??

also i saw on their site u are not allowed to connect your phone to a laptop if u r using d web n walk package, is dat true?

pls furnish me with more info, abeg. im tired of all these nigerian isps jare
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by lynxnoon(m): 11:04am On May 02, 2009
@methodman
Eeya!!! If only u knew!!! Ha ha ha
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by gigabytes: 1:50pm On May 02, 2009
Ncc, take Mtn out. No 3g in Ajah only gprs, we've wasted money on yeye 3.5g modem.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by richinarm: 12:23pm On May 08, 2009
I was very happy when i heard that MTN had started the 3.5G service here in GHANA cheesy
I went down to their office to activate the service and they claimed they have activated the 3.5G service on ma account and fon ( NOKIA N80 ). cheesy
The 3G icon appeared on ma fon for only 2 hrs and has vanished ever since.
At first i thought there was a problem with ma fon but i bought a zain sim and the 3G works perfectly on ma fon.

What then is the problem with MTN? i'm getting sooooooooooo pissed angry
IF MTN werent ready for 3.5G they shouldnt have announced it angry

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!! cry cry cry
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by hayprof(m): 8:20am On May 09, 2009
You guys and the MTN palava ,. .only GOD can help u! grin
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by squad1: 7:47am On May 16, 2009
@All
i want to connect my PC to d net, please which service will u suggest (with there modem prices), wuz using multilinks before but it wuz,
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by init4dmoni(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2009
now, i'm just boasting cool cool

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by olason(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2009
Guys, The Mtn night browsing 3GB bundle as far as am concerned is a big fraud. when u ned it d service is epileptic, to make matters worst they deducted Ñ600 from my airtime. tryed callin 180 to ask why but to no avail. has anybody experienced dis madness?
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by abhosts(m): 12:46pm On May 21, 2009
MTN's night plan is a no-go-zone for now. They probably configured it like that on purpose to force people to subscribe the 24hour plan. My last night plan expired with over 2Gig of unused bandwidth. The connection just kept on freezing after every 5 minutes.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by Bigvilla(m): 4:58pm On May 22, 2009
@ Mactao
The starcomms EVDO is their desktop data card/modem. Dats what most cyber cafe's use.

I can vouch for the MTN 3.5g fastlink data service. It quite nice. Fast, reliable with great download speed too. But note that sometimes the network in the area where u live would be a major factor.
I use it in Benin without stress, but when i visit lagos with it, i can't always get connected untill i come to the balcony.

Ucan also try starcomms and multilinks. they are quite okay.
Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by init4dmoni(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2009
@ abhost
den oblidge and pay for the full subscription tongue
as for me the download speeds are best at night and it doesn't discconect unexpectedly grin
here's wat i downloaded early this morning smiley
dats good eneough for anybody tongue(maybe not)

Re: Mtn 3.5g Data Service: How Good? by zionitte22(m): 5:46pm On May 22, 2009
you know that nothing have ups without downs.you just have to cope with it.[color=#006600][/color][flash=200,200][/flash]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

USA Used HP Elite Book 8460 core i5 For Sale. / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced / Surf The Web Anonymously!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.