Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced (37721 Views)

Etisalat And Their Overpriced Calls / Google Glasses All Hype Or Reality? / Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by ayex2013: 9:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpriced/

157 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by acenazt: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2014
I swear Samsung Na The Biggest Thieves I don see. All this them gadgets na cheap stuff made using cheap labor yet they Just think of any price they want and slap it on a product.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by 1stola: 10:10am On Aug 30, 2014
I taya o
Beat by dre kor, Flogged by rihanna ni undecided
Nonsense overpriced craps. angry

235 Likes 27 Shares

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by myads890(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2014
1stola: I taya o
Beat by dre kor, Flogged by rihanna ni.
Nonsense overpriced craps.

Hahahaha. Slapped by ebola

The most annoying thing is in the next 6 months those products that cost 100k would have dropped to 20k. Gadgets are the only products in the Nigerian markets that always seem to reduce in price. Even agege bread that used to cost 5naira back in the day is now 70naira

186 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by boombay(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2014
na so

2 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by valmunich(m): 10:40am On Aug 30, 2014
Op it ain't a bad idea if you start yours and quit hating you know?

12 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by TeamclicksAir: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmmm angry
Dem force una buy am Samsung has a phone of 10k as well as 120k.
choose man and stop hating.
last time i checked Apple acquired the Beat BY dRE you TAGGED overhyped for over 2billion cool DOLLARS.

27 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by pontirock(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
Hmmmmmmmnnnn,tru Talk

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by segradino(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
very tru

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate

3 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by priscaoge(f): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
1stola: I taya o
Beat by dre kor, Flogged by rihanna ni.
Nonsense overpriced craps.
gringringrincheesycheesycheesy

Op don't worry about the Samsung TV, U will definitely see d future with itgrin and the Watch? It will tell u when Christ will comecheesycheesygringrin #MoneyGoodabeggrin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by rattlesnake(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
Young man

No ones intellectual property can be overhyped....even if I invent sH1t burger I can decide to sell it any prize as long as it is my brain work...

20 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Eyop: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
Apple mac books are truly overpriced i concur 100% to that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Raypawer(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013:
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.

4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!

5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

all samsung product na hype!

can you compare this phone (UMI C1) to samsung, apart from the crazy warranty that Samsung claims to give? undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by ayourbamie: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
myads890:
The most annoying thing is in the next 6 months those products that cost 100k would have dropped to 20k. Gadgets are the only products in the Nigerian markets that always seem to reduce in price. Even agege bread that used to cost 5naira back in the day is now 70naira
Gadgets and sim cards

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Standard007(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
I totally agree with u to that of Samsung, angry Imagine my sister comparing her Samsung S III mini with Techno N3 screen and temple run2 even hands there, with my Phantom with plasma screen!!! undecided

IMAGINE!!!!!! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by 1stola: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
myads890:

lol!

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by slimpoppa(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
Apple Ipads.

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by priscaoge(f): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2014
snowprince07: *
Bro Goodmorninggringrin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Big4wig(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Op if u av d money,spend it

btw The day a Ghost got involved in an accident was the day i stopped watching Nollywood.cheesy

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by rill: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Iphones!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by ZinoFego: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2014
30 Mil? That can buy TVs for all the households in my village!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by odilinonso(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2014
I tink d problem u av is lack... Those gadgets r top notch. U beta hussle nd get money so as 2 join d moving train nd leave dat keke u are on.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by sunnykalu125(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2014
beats earphones that was overhyped was bought Apple company for $2.5bn dollars.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2014
GOOD POST
SAMSUNG PRODUCTS ARE AMONG THE CRAPPIEST PRODUCTS EVER
APPLE LAPTOPS ARE SERIOUSLY OVERHYPED, JUST GET A GOOD HP LAPTOP
HOW D HELL WILL A TV COST 30 MIL IS IT GOING TO SHOW ME HEAVEN NI IS IT GOING TO SHOW ME MY FUTURE IS IT MADE OUT OF GOLD

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by mencade5(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2014
there is no phone that is as strong as Nokia 3310. I still respect that phone up till date.

I miss you

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by allanphash7(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2014
dont you know shoe get size? a plot of land is sold for over 250million naira in banana island at d same time come to my village you will get a plot of land at 40 thousand naira. what do you say to that?

9 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2014
Lol. If you have the money to buy them, you no go complain. grin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2014
You lust it...

You cant afford it...

Then you hate...

Too bad. tongue

Of all OEMs, it samsung. Even their tvs you hate.

You haven't seen iphones and HTCs that are over-priced for no reason.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by priscaoge(f): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2014
It won't be up to a year n u see all these hyped Gadgets drop.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Surf The Web Anonymously! / Easy Steps To Format A Window7 Computer / Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.