Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling (8423 Views)

Protest Going On At The Glass House In VI (photos) / FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss / Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by smithsammy(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
IbokUtoroh: sharp guy, marketng thngs witout even readng d piece. for ya mind u thnk say d ceilng for d office don spoil. dat igbo boy
kakakakakakaka! Chai! The dude funny no be small. Na business sure pass.
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Xano(m): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nadia_SA1: Thnk God I'm not a woman

a man or female?
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by 24in7: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
then u're what,cuz ur profile shows u're
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by pickabeau1: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
ok... point noted... competition is inborn in the human species....

Ravenwolf:

No I did insinuate that... But what I meant to share th light on iss the very visible pull her downism that's evident amongst women.... That doesn't obtain when the male the male folks are concerned

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by NadiaSA1(f): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
24in7: then u're what,cuz ur profile shows u're
transgendered
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
yuzedo: op bro. POP is better for your office celing. i used POP in my Banana Iceland mansion and it looook like a sweet castle. smiley

for your qaulity celing plis phone kenechuku and son nigeria - 0806344978. is better so nobody looook your nyash from downstare if u use glass for celing. tenk. smiley

Ur stupidity is hilarious undecided cheesy
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by EvilBrain1(m): 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
Women are the gatekeepers of almost all the negative antifemale traditions in Africa. It's women that enforce widowhood rituals, it's them that usually insist that female children are génitally mutilated in areas where it's practiced. When a married woman has problems getting pregnant or has only girls, it's almost always the husband's mother and sisters that insist in kicking her out of her marital home.

Given all the above, I don't see any reason why any woman should be surprised that another woman blocks her progress at work. Women are not a political party or a football team that you expect to work together for each other's progress, It's not as simple as that.

Each woman has different priorities and motivations. Helping other women is not necessarily in a woman's interest. Most of them have other concerns that may require pulling another woman down to fulfill.
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
It brings to mind the oedipus/electra complex thing, there's most times by defaut a tendency for the opposite sex to shower affection/attention towards themselves,but its more evident amongst the feminine gender
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by LadyH(f): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Kelklein: [size=20pt]like seriously..I don't understand what this poSt is all about..pls who can subtitle them in basic English.. [/size]
the very last sentence my bruva...perfect summary for u. dnt give us wahala hia. angry
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl: As much as some would want to reject this view. The truth is, women just don't like their fellow women, they always feel this strange urge to outshine, outdo and outclass each other as opposed to men who don't see the need to do same. Not to say some men don't try to be better than others, but on the average, there isn't as much competition as with women. Perhaps because the society has put men on a pedestal above women so they may not feel the need to prove themselves like women do. It's a psychological thing.

And this is what they should be dealing with not chanting feminism or equall gender rights.
Imagine two ladies in competition with each other over a man,and then you hear them say,"am a feminist" like seriously?

I have always said women are their own enemies,they just have natural beef with each other.

What women need is to start loving and encouraging each other.
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Bizibi(m): 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
rman: @OP
Are you sure it was because your HR manager is a woman that's why she didn't pick a woman (women hating women syndrome)or the better candidate got the job?

Corporate organization are becoming smarter by the day and automatically promoting people into position because they are the best qualified in terms of experience is no longer the norm. I have seen cases where even people that have acted in a senior position for months lost out to candidates that has never worked in that capacity before.

Do you know why? Some employees are not really ambitious, they only mark time thinking it will soon be my turn. They show very little interest in what they do daily and you will be surprised during the interview process a less qualified candidate will be more impressive during the interview. In such cases, the one you called less qualified will get the job. The era of "it is my turn" is over. You have to prove during the interview process you are the best.

I once picked up a job that my boss and colleagues said I will never be invited for the interview because it requires minimum of five years relevant experience while I had only 6 months. I got the job! I thought it was a joke when I was called from HR to come pick up up a letter for my new role. I couldn't help but ask why didn't they pick the others with years of experience and better qualification, and the HR rep said " we all agreed you are the best during the process". The reason I was called was made to me later. Everyone, believes a particular candidate will get the job some did not even bother applying. Unfortunately for this preferred candidate, he made the worst presentation of all. If you were to make a decision in such a scenario, will you still go ahead and pick such a candidate?

I'm not saying that's what happened in your case but sometimes proper investigation of what really happened may completely be different from what you are trying to make us believe.

Women hating women may be true but in serious organization such things don't come into play in selection process.
it happens a lot in organizations,women are like that,what d op wrote is really true.I remember watching an interview on cnn with president of Malawi and she said women who holds a top position hardly help their fellow mates and it is a trend among women, I have seen it happen among them
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Gamboh55(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2013

Hermaphrodite tinz grin
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by NadiaSA1(f): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Gamboh55:

Hermaphrodite tinz grin
I'm a man.. angry
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
women just hate women. Thats all and i dont think it will change for a long time...the funniest part is that women love men so much but hate themselves,but while theyre busy doing that, men support men...and protect themselves!
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
Pls I don't understand these women who agree that women hate each other.
I for one.I'm always one to help a sister out n promote feminine well being where I can.
I don't want to believe that a fellow woman would favor a man above me even if he's less qualified than me cos I'd never do that.

Why are these ladies agreeing that women hate each other?
Do you ladies hate each other?

3 Likes

Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by edoyad(m): 5:42am On Nov 30, 2013
yuzedo: op bro. POP is better for your office celing. i used POP in my Banana Iceland mansion and it looook like a sweet castle. smiley

for your qaulity celing plis phone kenechuku and son nigeria - 0806344978. is better so nobody looook your nyash from downstare if u use glass for celing. tenk. smiley

Now this is funny you Id¡ot, grin grin grin

@topic, I'm sure we all know how those rumours go round any time a female gets a promotion, "she's mmming that male Asst Dir" or "she's ahhhing that Head of department". From experience, many of those comments usually originate from....you guessed right, other women.
Re: Women Sabotaging Women, A Case Of The Glass Ceiling by Turbocharged: 6:07am On Nov 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I am not a woman sha . .

but anywayz,

I thank the GODS ALMIGHTY for born me as a Traditionalist in this life.

I pray that my Nigeria bros and sis see the [size=18pt]LIGHT[/size] and [size=18pt]TRUTH[/size] of the way of the GODS and

[size=18pt]RE[/size] convert to their PAGAN FAITHS of their respective [size=18pt]TRIBES[/size] .

THE GODS BLESS NIGERIA! cool

(1st to comment tinz. .)

Chai!
The THING don dey pure gradually.
And this type YABA LEFT no dey fit do anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos BRT Drivers: We Can’t Drive On Empty Stomachs / Which Is Equivalent To Success, Hard Work, Smartwork, Luck? / Strategies For Dealing With Difficult Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.