Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss (18948 Views)

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Pregnancy After Alleged Kick From Lebanese Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by infonubia(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-6ihf8b6iRsI/UrxcyFA68YI/AAAAAAAAD4E/M5byDYYmOks/s512/1.jpg[/img]

The Nigerian presidency has made moves to investigate the disheartening case of Alice, a 7-month pregnant Nigerian factory worker in Lagos who lost her baby after being beaten up by her Lebanese boss on December 13th.

Nigeria's presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati tweeted:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-6pd9oAn0v7s/Urxc-u1NYHI/AAAAAAAAD4M/dohuGIvQhXk/s640/alice-president-tweet.JPG[/img]

It's about time Nigerian and African workers are treated with some dignity and respect! The hastag #JusticeforAlice is trending on Twitter as reaction to the story continues to pour in.

Incase you missed the original story, read it here.

Source

16 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Fresh Fish Air In Nigeria. GEJ Is Workingsmiley

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by infonubia(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
callen odinks: Fresh Fish Air In Nigeria. GEJ Is Workingsmiley

I hope Alice gets justice as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Pretyangel25(f): 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
Justice is all she need

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by redsun(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nigerians are slaves to one-eyed foreigners in their own country,apart from being natural slaves to their own fellow country big men/women,the oga sirs/madams.

Something drastic needs to done to protect the common man who is not lucky,connected and aggressive to loot in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by infonubia(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
Pretyangel25: Justice is all she need

Hopefully, other people who have suffered similar inhumane treatment would tell their stories. This is wrong on all accounts.

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
this is hihly commendable from the president. if these companies were owned and ran by nigerians, i doubt if this will happen. i keep asking can a nigerian or Cbn, banks be allowed to float and successfully manage an biz outfit such as wonderland, Amigo and shoprite? this cannot happen becos mugu big keep looting and packing money to banks in swiss, it will continue to remain useless and full of excreta
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by slimfit1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Right what is his wife doing ? With all the money we spend on her office.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Three bottles of soft drinks on the table for a sick person... Scratching my head for the picture....

3 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by MayorofLagos(m): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2013
Lebanese caught with heavy cache of weaponry in Kano.

High grade weapons found in Lebanese supermarket in Abuja.

Lebanese abused pregnant Nigerian and caused loss of baby.

Nigerians beaten and killed in Goa, India.
----------------------------------------

Why were her coworkers not on her rescue when this was going on? This must be a normal way for this lebanese to treat his workers. There are many accounts of Lebanese and other expatriates generally maltreating their Nigerian workers and if they fight back the boss can call in Nigerian police who, for a bribe, will add to the punishment. NLC needs to come up with punitive measures for these abuses.

By all means this Lebanese should be deported to his war torn nation for murdering a Nigerian and attempted murder on the victim's parent.

9 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Horus(m): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
This Lebanese should receive the death penalty, killing a baby is murder

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
are these not the kind of war torn people the new party APC support? if APC get power in 2015, PH govt will firstly be fried, the present govts and their collabos will be unapologetically thrown in prison! MB, SS and SE go see pepper, the personality of the person that will emerge as ruler from APC will be 10x of GENERAL ABACHA.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by rodeo0070(m): 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
I pray this news is true. That man should be hung by his d'ick. Strict enforcement of labor laws will go a long way in curbing situations like this...

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by 24in7: 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
good news, we c'nt continue to b losers both home and away grin grin

6 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by infonubia(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
24in7: good news, we c'nt continue to b losers both home and away grin grin

Spot on!
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by shineeye: 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
when i tell people that GEJ is the only president that ever care for his people they will not listen they rather support those politicians that dnt give a fk about the masses and their welfare GEJ is the best that ever happen to this country

17 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by redsun(m): 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Keneking: Three bottles of soft drinks on the table for a sick person... Scratching my head for the picture....

Good observation.That is going to harm her more,but in nigeria sugared seem like a treat adults look forward to and very much unaware of the dangers of drinking them excessively like children.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by infonubia(m): 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
Keneking: Three bottles of soft drinks on the table for a sick person... Scratching my head for the picture....

Wow...you are very observant. I didn't notice the bottles at all.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by TheMan3: 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ok, this is actually good.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by MrOlodo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
[size=24pt]Please help why do moderators like banning me see as ban full my account embarassed [/size]

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by julioralph(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
I hope the Lebanese [/s]Terrorist [s]Boss doesn't flee the country while Abati is still busy with his twitter justice. angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by olas24u(f): 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
This type of federal system is really something else ,a whole federal government is the one that will have to fight for 1 worker .when we have state government ,local government,police and other agencies of government .we can never develop like this at all.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
I hope she have her final JUSTICE
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by koboko69: 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
olas24u: This type of federal system is really something else ,a whole federal government is the one that will have to fight for 1 worker .when we have state government ,local government,police and other agencies of government .we can never develop like this at all.

My sister i tire...see the list of organisations to investigate one nuisance. Someone that police should have arrested that very day!
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
So the President has to intervene before she can get justice? It shows how weqk our institutions are. So Police, Courts, Labour etc cannot do anything until the President intervenes. So if your case does not get to the president, then you will never get Justice. Shame on our institutions. And Abati will tell us the President should be applauded for setting up another committee to deal with something that should have been dealt with already. SMH!

7 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by braine(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
Good.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by bebe2(f): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Stupid government. How many u go investigate? As u r investigating on 100s are happening around d country. If there are strong legislations that wud deter wicked employers from such action.

God bless uk, if this happened there aaahhhhh na automatic retirement for the employer head. Both Spiritual, emotional, physical all the distress wey dey dis world nai d woman go claim for nah. angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by anne05(f): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
undecided I pray dey find smtin to do about it, but dis is nigeria, it will be swept under d carpet soon enough.
Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Lousymouth(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
We dont FG fighting for just one worker.. we want laid down guidelines and procedures for expartraite and investors on how to treat their fellow workers.... This kind of action is common with the Lebanese, Indians, chinese and Italians... If you work on the Island (be it construction, bar, hotels) with them, you will understand what am saying.....

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
Sai Ebele

Makes me remember the deportation of those scallywags who thought our yellow fever cards weren't yellow enough

No nonsense boss

Till 2019!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by olas24u(f): 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
I have also seen a Lebanese slap a Nigerian police man in Abuja and he told the officer he will deal with him .The police man was scared of his connections.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Case Of Pregnant Worker Beaten By Lebanese Boss by koboko69: 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Imanuelle: Sai Ebele

Makes me remember the deportation of those scallywags who thought our yellow fever cards weren't yellow enough

No nonsense boss

Till 2019!
THEY ARE HERE!!!
Off course i was waiting for dick heads like you to come and politicise this as usual. You this PDP e-robots that will just jump on any thread to spill thrash...i dont blame you....robots actually dont have brains...they only do what they are programmed to do.

The presidency have to wade into this matter before justice can be done What a sick country we live in. Someone that should have been arrested and arraigned by now.... Abati the thug is comming on twitter to make silly noise days after. Immagine the long list of organizations to investigate one silly Lebanese that ought to be rotting in jail now. If a Nigerian tries this abroad....he will be rotting in jail..without hearing noise from one thug, coming from the presidency!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aggrieved Ex-baker Hughes Employees Protest In Enugu, Demand N12b Entitlements / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.