Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? (82274 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / If Taking Our Bath Makes The Body Clean, Then What Makes The Bath Towel Dirty? / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by free2ryhme: 1:22am On Dec 03, 2013
similar question arise after washing your face with soap using face cleanser u still find dirty on the cotton wool
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:23am On Dec 03, 2013
My towel doesn't get dirty. I wash it twice a year.

If you believe me, click like!

2 Likes

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by omonaijar: 1:28am On Dec 03, 2013
Because your skin is not quite like a glass surface. Bits of it come off when you dry yourself, bits like hair that you can see and flesh that you can't.

So all that gunk stays in your towel and makes it dirty after a while.

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Lexusgs430: 1:34am On Dec 03, 2013
From dust to dust, or should I have said from dust to towel !!!!! Remember the biblical composition of our skin ? And your answer lies within !!!!

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 03, 2013
Wow...

Well, the human body is composed of millions of cells, including skin and hair cells. Cells are shed, or fall, from the body all the time, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's natural.

While rubbing or patting the body dry with a towel, cells loosen and come off, and they get trapped in the towel. The body also has bacteria on it. Bacteria can also get trapped in a towel. That's why a damp towel smells after a while, due to proliferating bacteria.

5 Likes

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 03, 2013
the outer skin called epidermis is composed of 6 layers and as the cells in its deepest layer ages, they migrate to the surface and are shed daily in large number. It is this cells that stain our collar and the waist of our boxers and also the strings and edges of bras especially whites.

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Iyohokwa(m): 1:47am On Dec 03, 2013
Good one, I hav always wondered....
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by philtrum(m): 1:52am On Dec 03, 2013
Domwiz4all: Has any body eva used cleanser or spirit n cottonwool to cleanse ur face immediately afta bath? If u hav eva den u wil no we dont get our body clean afta bath as we all tot

I have, so bottom line is even after bath you are not as clean as u imagine. so towel still gets dirty.
any question(s)?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by gwas(m): 2:02am On Dec 03, 2013
cheesy Op, you sure say na your broda ask you this question true true? Because me I don dey see this question online for over one week now o.

2 Likes

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by BB013(m): 2:09am On Dec 03, 2013
If we were made from dust nd dust is always dirty ? My question is what kinda dust did God use u ib creating a white man?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by AmINotHuman(m): 3:11am On Dec 03, 2013
Build up of dead skin cells.

Plus, who said bathing made you 100% clean?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by morax101(m): 3:18am On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: Few days back, i purposely asked my younger brother how often he washes his towel and the reply he threw back at me kept me wondering.

If truely, we keep our body clean by bathing with good soap and clean water, what then makes the towel dirty?...
No matter how you bath, there will still be some left over dirt on d skin surfaces....try to use face cleanser after a bath, that will proof me right
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Exponental(m): 3:52am On Dec 03, 2013
Moist + air particles (+ improper bathing)
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 03, 2013
Proper Bathing or proper showering? Cause if you bath, you'll still be in the dirty water, which you'll wipe with your towel. But a proper shower won't make the towel dirty.

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Austinmoor(m): 4:24am On Dec 03, 2013
Dead cells(exfoliates), it screens the body, if not dia our body is exposed to harmful rays dat cause cancer. Cant remove all by soap and H2O
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Truckpusher(m): 4:24am On Dec 03, 2013
The towels can actually remove the partial dirt from the top layer of your skin ,but these dirt becomes more active once water and the soap touches them and the soap initiates a reaction with the skin in order to eliminate the dirt but unfortunately most people don't do that thorough long bath for the dirt to be completely eliminated and again it's dangerous and medically not good for the dirt to go off completely from your skin as they form a vital protection for the top most part of your skin .Because our daily activities exposes us to dusts and some other alien properties, our bodies continuously absorb these dirt from within the environment so it is absolutely impossible to eliminate them completely as long as one exists.

Our sweat glands has the capability to mix with the natural dust of nature to constantly create these dirt thereby keeping us constantly inundated as long as one carries out activities no matter how small.

so my friend if you like remain idle for hours ,do a thorough bath and clean gently as you can you'll still get those dirt on your towel over time ;maybe between 2 to 3 days interval because our body is constantly being bombarded by/with particles of nature due to man's activities and most of these particles can't be seen either by the naked eyes without help.

Our ancient people didn't have these experiences because nature was preserved back then, but right now it's being tampered with mercilessly no thanks to what we call industrialization and civilization at all cost...smh

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by lynk106: 4:35am On Dec 03, 2013
If your towel is always very dirty after you shower, it means that you are showering improperly. The dirt is mostly dead skin cells that you did not properly wash off

stop using this:
[img]http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-136819546654763_2268_883159342[/img]

and start using this:
[img]http://paulmitchellgold.files./2012/02/dettol-liquid.jpg?w=180&h=180[/img]

It is a bit harsher, but your body will stay clean and your towel won't be as dirty.
Also make sure to air dry your towel. Moist places are a haven for bacteria.

Honestly though. It is not good for your body to be too clean. A little bit of dirt dead skin cells can be good for you. I use a regular soap.not too gentle,not too harsh.I wash my towel every month.

4 Likes

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by NobleG1(m): 4:36am On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: Few days back, i purposely asked my younger brother how often he washes his towel and the reply he threw back at me kept me wondering.

If truely, we keep our body clean by bathing with good soap and clean water, what then makes the towel dirty?...

Don't worry it is normal. It's all that dead skin that didn't quite wash off. No matter the soap you use, you will still see some of your dead skin on the towel if you rub it hard on your skin.

Human skin is an amazing organ -- protective, waterproof, and exceedingly useful. It's also constantly changing and regenerating itself. That said, what happens to dead skin cells? You might be a little grossed out to find out where they go and just how many you lose each day. The layer you can see is called the epidermis. It's composed of cells made of keratin, a hard substance that also forms your hair and nails. In other species, keratin forms hooves, claws, horns, and even the shells of turtles and the spines of porcupines. The individual cells are called keratinocytes.

New keratinocytes grow at the lowest level of the epidermis, which bonds with the next layer, the dermis. The new skin cells gradually push their way to the top layer. When they reach the top, they die and are "weathered" by the environment and your daily activities. The top "dead" layer is called the stratum corneum. Eventually, the dead cells break away from the epidermis and fall off, making room for newer cells growing up from below. It takes roughly one month for new cells to get all the way to the top layer, meaning the skin you have a month from today will be completely new compared to the skin you have now.

Scientists estimate that the human body is made up of around 10 trillion cells in total. Your skin makes up about 16 percent of your body weight, which means you have roughly 1.6 trillion skin cells. Of course, this estimate can vary tremendously according to a person's size. The important thing is that you have a lot of skin cells. Of those billions of skin cells, between 30,00[/b]0 and [b]40,000 of them fall off every hour. Over a 24-hour period, you lose almost a million skin cells.

Where do they all go? The brown color on your towel, some of the dust that collects on your tables, TV, and on those picture frames that are so hard to get clean is made mostly from dead human skin cells. In other words, your house is filled with former bits of yourself. In one year, you'll shed more than 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms) of dead skin. It gets even grosser: Your house is also filled with trillions of microscopic life forms called dust mites that eat your old dead skin.

My advice is: Try not to use one towel more than two days. And remember, a damp towel is a breeding ground for bacteria, so always make sure it dries before next use. Personally, I use one towel only twice before washing, which means I use one per day. I like fresh towels, especially, in the morning.

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by bishop4APC: 5:12am On Dec 03, 2013
That only happen in countries where the weather is so humid which normally kills some cells in the skin....i strong believe this happen as a result of dead skin cells and nothing more.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by emmabest2000(m): 5:21am On Dec 03, 2013
chymystique: Ask google
na google dey baf you grin

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by emmabest2000(m): 5:23am On Dec 03, 2013
Noble.G:

Don't worry it is normal. It's all that dead skin that didn't quite wash off. No matter the soap you use, you will still see some of your dead skin on the towel if you rub it hard on your skin.

Human skin is an amazing organ -- protective, waterproof, and exceedingly useful. It's also constantly changing and regenerating itself. That said, what happens to dead skin cells? You might be a little grossed out to find out where they go and just how many you lose each day. The layer you can see is called the epidermis. It's composed of cells made of keratin, a hard substance that also forms your hair and nails. In other species, keratin forms hooves, claws, horns, and even the shells of turtles and the spines of porcupines. The individual cells are called keratinocytes.

New keratinocytes grow at the lowest level of the epidermis, which bonds with the next layer, the dermis. The new skin cells gradually push their way to the top layer. When they reach the top, they die and are "weathered" by the environment and your daily activities. The top "dead" layer is called the stratum corneum. Eventually, the dead cells break away from the epidermis and fall off, making room for newer cells growing up from below. It takes roughly one month for new cells to get all the way to the top layer, meaning the skin you have a month from today will be completely new compared to the skin you have now.

Scientists estimate that the human body is made up of around 10 trillion cells in total. Your skin makes up about 16 percent of your body weight, which means you have roughly 1.6 trillion skin cells. Of course, this estimate can vary tremendously according to a person's size. The important thing is that you have a lot of skin cells. Of those billions of skin cells, between 30,00[/b]0 and [b]40,000 of them fall off every hour. Over a 24-hour period, you lose almost a million skin cells.

Where do they all go? The brown color on your towel, some of the dust that collects on your tables, TV, and on those picture frames that are so hard to get clean is made mostly from dead human skin cells. In other words, your house is filled with former bits of yourself. In one year, you'll shed more than 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms) of dead skin. It gets even grosser: Your house is also filled with trillions of microscopic life forms called dust mites that eat your old dead skin.

My advice is: Try not to use one towel more than two days. And remember, a damp towel is a breeding ground for bacteria, so always make sure it dries before next use. Personally, I use one towel only twice before washing, which means I use one per day. I like fresh towels, especially, in the morning.
ok
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by bishop4APC: 5:32am On Dec 03, 2013
B_B013: If we were made from dust nd dust is always dirty ? My question is what kinda dust did God use u ib creating a white man?
God never used different dust to mould human being.Africa is the continent God loves the most, that's why we have every resources we ever needed except african countries that couldn't be able to discover theirs. if you research well you will see that the garden of Eden is located in Africa.

To account for how black people got in the picture, the curse on the descendants of Ham was created. Ham was supposedly cursed with blackness by God and was made to be the ancestor of all the peoples of Africa and they were tainted because of this supposed curse and that's why we are evil, live in darkness and always rejected wherever we go while whites are holy, live in paradise here on earth...they rule and control everything and can go wherever they want without being oppresed..... i strongly believe that no african wil ever make heaven because heaven is for the whites ahd holy people, not for the cursed black people.

.....Why didn't God bless me with white skin?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by tinydev56: 5:38am On Dec 03, 2013
A UV strerilizer will do d magic...
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 03, 2013
no clean bath
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by vanguard1(m): 5:49am On Dec 03, 2013
Jobless thread.
@topic, the water you dried from your body easily traps dirt when you spray the towel. Also some peoples don't ever get cleaned up even after bathing.

1 Like

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by justi4jesu(f): 5:55am On Dec 03, 2013
The process of rubbing a towel against the body rubs off dead skin that sticks to the moist towel. Towels become an ideal nesting place for the mildew endemic to humid bathrooms.

Without dispersing the moisture, the bathroom becomes like a terrarium. The same type of mildew that afflicts plastic shower curtains attacks towels, especially if the towels have never dried completely from their last use.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ovulation Period : Teach Me Ow To Count Plssssssss / Snake Bites 2-year-old; Kid Bites Back, Killing It / Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.