Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

(Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? (9534 Views)

Uncovered:Federal University Lafia Pictures Is Actually Covenant Univ Library / Please! Identify Which Of These Pictures Is The Real Abubakar Shekau? / Please! Identify Which Of These Pictures Is The Real Abubakar Shekau? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by jerusalem101: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
what a joke!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
nnenna.1:
Interesting taxi car colors there.

Off topic, but what does "Mimiko" mean in Yoruba?

The name sounds very oriental.
mimiko is a corruption of 'famimikomi or ifamimikomi which means ifa breathed on me.
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
nrd_geek:

Yep you're right, it definitely sounds Japanese grin
Mimiko is from Ondo Town though.
There's an awful lot of dialect in Ondo state that sound quite Edoish than Yoruba.
This, I think, is evidence of the mixed influence of both the Bini and Oyo empires in Ondo state.
yes he is from ondo township and there are about ten different yoruba dialects spoken in ondo state alone
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by Abagworo(m): 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I just don't understand them walahi......it's like they get some kinda kick out of doing it! undecided

Nigerians like it a lot. It disgusts me to the bone. Its better using markings on the road than that these their white and black stripes. I've noticed that many Arab countries do it as well.
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
Abagworo:

Nigerians like it a lot. It disgusts me to the bone. Its better using markings on the road than that these their white and black stripes. I've noticed that many Arab countries do it as well.

It looks like its the Nigerian standard.
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by Abagworo(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
django1:

It looks like its the Nigerian standard.

These are pictures of same road. I personally prefer the one free from white and black with just markings on the neat road.

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
Abagworo:

These are pictures of same road. I personally prefer the one free from white and black with just markings on the neat road.

The painted one looks better to me.
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by iterator25: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
django1:

The painted one looks better to me.

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by geeez: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=Abagworo]

These are pictures of same road. I personally prefer the one free from white and black with just markings on the neat road. [/pairinquote]

Personally I detest the black and white paintings on the roads which you'll rarely find on most roads in developed countries

Most of our roads are not lit at night and theory white paintings (though not luminous), will reflect light better than the original concrete colour

The roads without the markings and streetlights record more accidents than the roads with the markings and no streetlights
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Inner City Akure
Somewhere after the High Court, I suppose.

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 6:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
Still Inner city.
Not much but not filthy either. Like how they planted trees on the side of the roads.

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 10:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Top & Middle: Newly built NEPA market
Below: Highway Parking lot. One of the many parking lots built to accompany the road dualisation

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
NEPA Market

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Alagbaka (GRA)

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
Akure State Secretariat

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Alagbaka GRA Continued/...

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
New Auto Mart For Car Dealers

Some bloke walked up to me and told me I couldn't take pictures in here without permission from management. I simply asked if it was a private enterprise or built by government (I was getting pissed off), he says it's built by government but I'd require permission nonetheless. I there and then disagreed with him and had to school him that since the market was built by government, it was a public place and as a Nigerian citizen I need no permission to take pictures in public. I then told him I was a lawyer and he backed off. Although I had planned to use my big DSLR camera for a change, I resorted to use my phone as I didn't want to attract any more attention.

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nrdgeek: 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
Auto Mart Continued/ ...

Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by tpia5: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by nig2change: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nigeria is changing.
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by OrigamiIII: 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:
OP is busy showing us roads, real development goes beyond the construction or renovation of roads that won't last more than 2 years. Show us capital investments, show us buildings, factories, industries, etc. When will Nigerians learn

Bros nothing.No meaningful development besides the construction of the millennium schools and markets.90% of the roads you see were done by agagu regime and mimiko himself confessed this. I did some industrial projects in ondo state spanning 4years and I had very very close interraction with the bigwigs in there.The state is so rich but spending very little for the state dev
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by bashydemy(m): 8:16am On Dec 15, 2013
I think there should comparison between Poor Osun state and Rich Ondo State, Compare places like this.... Osogbo/Akure, Ondo township/Ilesha Owo/Ede...... Ile Oluji-Oke Igbo area/Iwo township... Owena/Ile ife and let see who is the best governor among the 2 of them. Thank God they share Border.
Re: (Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? by mitshell: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Declares Full Sharia; Beheads Christians, Marries In Gwoza, Madagali / President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu / Discos Are Sabotaging Fg’s Efforts - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.