Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? (28994 Views)

A Nairalander Wore A Dress Made With Newspapers (hit Or Miss) Pic / Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo Dazzles In Traditional Attire (Photos) / Miss University Nigeria Contestants - Traditional Attire (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Ericomoto(m): 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
I need the opinions of NL Fashion experts. Is it right or wrong to wear socks with shoes when you put on a native attire. Traditionally people always say its a fashion miss especially when you put on flowing Agbada or Babanriga but considering the fact that many native attire these days are sewed in a contemporary manners with some even worn on western clothes like Jeans etc. In my own case I cannot wear shoes without socks native or western. Can it be considered a hit or miss?
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Lilimax(f): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
To me wearing a sock with shoe when putting on a native attire is a fashion faux pas undecided
It is a miss ...

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Ericomoto(m): 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lilimax: To me wearing a sock with shoe when putting on a native attire is a fashion faux pas undecided
It is a miss ...

Why did you say that? any special fashion rule against that? I am eager to be educated.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by 24in7: 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Am comin let me put it on to C for myself if is miss or mister grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by sweettease(f): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
24in7: Am comin let me put it on to C for myself if is miss or mister grin grin grin
Lmao grin grin grin

Ericomoto:

Why did you say that? any special fashion rule against that? I am eager to be educated.
They often look ridiculous grin just make sure its not obvious if you decide to do it.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 02, 2013
A miss I think.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
miss.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by venorite(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Op am coming...*runs off to ask ifa*

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
^Ifa says..

do whites wear agbada with suit?

why then do you have to wear socks with agbada.

just be natural.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Kolade9(m): 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Miss of life lipsrsealed
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Op,
I tire oo. My wife no dey allow me put socks with my native. Na this question i dey ask am everyday. Cos of that i don pack all my native put one side for am grin grin grin ;. I no fit wear shoes without socks tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Ptoocool(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
4 my side, most people say na miss..
So na wetin make M̶̲̅ε̲̣ kuku say na miss too..

*dazzol..

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
it is a miss.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Habb: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
for me is miss
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by redsun(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
Who feels it knows it.You wera your shoe the way you like it.

Minus the dust and fittings,socks are not essential in africa.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by homesteady(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
Its a big miss!
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by johnlegend01: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
hit or miss, I really cant use my shoe without putting on a socks, I only make sure it is not obvious.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by kennyonthrone(m): 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
I reali find folks dat do it funny....so 4 me is a Capital MISS

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by rman: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
MISS!
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Sniper4real(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
AO U GO COMBINE TRADITIONAL WITH MODERN. LOOK ABSURD
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by godwinony(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
op i cant also wear shoes without socks..wear the less obvious types called ''half cut''..
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Babasquare: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
A great hit... unless you are wearing a pair of sandals or slippers. if you are wearing any pair of men shoes, you have to wear an accompanying pair of socks.... It's hygienic and it's always cool with right colour blends.

11 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Donsammi(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
hit or Miss Na penalty kick?

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
There's nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
In my area, it's a miss, but they're yet to give reason(s) for it
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by olamisegbe(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sniper4real: AO U GO COMBINE TRADITIONAL WITH MODERN. LOOK ABSURD
but i think the shoe's modern also. Y not try ADEJA OR SALUBATE, Thats traditional

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by pendusky(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
so far am not wearing traditional shoe with the traditional wear its aint a miss, cheesy

Lets discuss about this I need to knw

What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area

Like: idemili people kill any type of snake except python.. confirmed from Idemili guy

In Ibibio tribe using the left hand actively is a form of insult and seen as a form of negativity ,such as using the left hand to give or accept something and even using the left hand to eat

here is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/1540325/what-cultural-taboos-village-area
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Polio: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
Epic Fail!
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by NLEFCC(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
I will keep wearing it Joor........make my shoe come peel my leg because of una? grin

7 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
It's a hit ! Normally wearing socks absorbs heat from the feet, thereby preserving more of the shoes. You only need to wash your socks and air your shoes from time to time.

It also keeps the feet safe from minor injuries and mayBe hidden cockroaches and spiders found in Nigerian men shoes tongue
As per fashion, if the shoe is a westernized shoe, you should dress accordingly.

Not wearing socks makes u look like bush man with ugly ankles

6 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by igomen: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
What about wearing laced shoes with native? Is a Hit or a Miss?
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
Babasquare: A great hit... unless you are wearing a pair of sandals or slippers. if you are wearing any pair of men shoes, you have to wear an accompanying pair of socks.... It's hygienic and it's always cool with right colour blends.

Nice one!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags? / Agbada, Danshiki, Yoruba And Igbo Caps, Available / 100% Herbal Cosmetics, Treat All Blemishes And Protect Your Flawless Glamour!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.