Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? (29040 Views)

A Nairalander Wore A Dress Made With Newspapers (hit Or Miss) Pic / Miss Nigeria Ezinne Akudo Dazzles In Traditional Attire (Photos) / Miss University Nigeria Contestants - Traditional Attire (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by missshawry: 1:02am On Dec 04, 2013
24in7: Am comin let me put it on to C for myself if is miss or mister grin grin grin
hahahahahaha u funy shaa
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by dhaewood(m): 1:28am On Dec 04, 2013
I TAKE MY MONEY BUY SHOE,SOCKS,AGBADA,TROUSER + TAKE MY MONEY AND TIME COME UR OCCASION, U COME TELL ME SAY NA MISS, NA HIM BI SAY U DEY CRAZE NAH.................ANYTHING WEY I LIKE I WEAR NA MY MONEY, THE ONLY TIME PERSON CAN TELL SAY NA MISS ,BE SAY IF NA U GIVE ME MONEY BUY ALL THE THINGS WEY I DEY WEAR,OR I COME UR PLACE COME COLLECT MONEY OR CONTRACT.....................MISS KOR .............MASS NIIIIIII....................... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Oluabayomi1(m): 2:48am On Dec 04, 2013
Ericomoto: I need the opinions of NL Fashion experts. Is it right or wrong to wear socks with shoes when you put on a native attire. Traditionally people always say its a fashion miss especially when you put on flowing Agbada or Babanriga but considering the fact that many native attire these days are sewed in a contemporary manners with some even worn on western clothes like Jeans etc. In my own case I cannot wear shoes without socks native or western. Can it be considered a hit or miss?
NEVER A HIT/MISS BUT HAS TO DO WT UR STATE OF MIND COZ IF AN ALBINO OR OYIBO MAN PUT IT ON,ALL WE LL SAY IS "OYIBO WAYS OF LIFE TOO SIMPLE" BUT IF D PERSON IN QUESTION IS A NIGERIAN,WE CALL HIM ALL SORT OF NAMES.
DRESSING IS ALL ABOUT PUTTING ON SOMETHING DT FITS U WELLA.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 04, 2013
drealdoc89:

shocked
Dont you know miss?..........wow!
yaw cheesy
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by snnipsi: 5:48am On Dec 04, 2013
olamisegbe: but i think the shoe's modern also. Y not try ADEJA OR SALUBATE, Thats traditional
gbam! u get mouth plenty
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by AMossley(m): 7:26am On Dec 04, 2013
Whether miss or not,if a celebrity should put on socks with native cloth,it then becomes something in vogue.
I would rather use an ankle socks than put on "sockless" shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by henryadex(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2013
ARE YOU WEARING TO PLEASE OTHERS OR TO SUIT AND COMFORT YOURSELF? THE DECISION IS YOURS
I WEAR MY CLOTHES FOR MY COMFORT

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Lilimax(f): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2013
Ericomoto:

Why did you say that? any special fashion rule against that? I am eager to be educated.
It look so absurd.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 04, 2013
Ankle socks should be fine, at least no one would see that from outside, it saves your foot from the sweat of the shoes..

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by fuke(m): 8:58am On Dec 04, 2013
Socks have nothing to do with the dress.

When you have shoes on, you must wear a pair of socks.

It is more comfortable and besides the socks absorbs
the urea produced by your feet thereby preventing nauseating smell.

You may have noticed when some people off their shoes they pollute their
surrounding with some foul smell. This is because their feet have perspired
and because there is no socks to absorb, the odor becomes innevitable.

The socks also protect your feet from being peeled by the rough surface
of the leather. Some people develop cones on their toes because they don't wear socks.

In the tropics, it is even more necessary to have socks with shoes because of our weather.

So put on your socks with your shoes with your agbada or babanriga.
It is not only necessary but compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by lechiffre: 9:28am On Dec 04, 2013
Interested in the following

- Guide to open an Accessories Store
- Guide to Become an Actor 
- Guide to Become a Bridal Salon Owner
- Guide to Become an Event Planner 
- Guide to Become a Fashion Designer
- Guide to Become a Professional Photographer 
- Guide to Become a Fashion stylist  
- Guide to Become a Fashion Model
Take advantage of our koboheights e-library.
Contact us 232E12C2 to get insight on
FASHION//ENTERTAINMENT//EMPLOYMENT//DATING//BUSINESS
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Roeek: 9:52am On Dec 04, 2013
Is wearing a boxers a miss or is it better to wear pant?? wu ll cme nd check if am wearin socks or not. abeg wear anything
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Atonto: 9:57am On Dec 04, 2013
Miss..Miss...Miss...some says is a miss...ok ooo, wait till one celebrity start the combo...all of una go follow.
As for me... light skin socks with very cool colour will do the trick, just don't let it be too obvious (flashy). shocked
though i have not try it b4...but am waiting to c u on it... grin

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by vicky9cee: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2013
Whatever jare, leave me alone
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by abbey72(m): 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
As 4 me, i cant wear shoe widout socks. by d way dere ar skin socks, ankle socks dat wi nt obvious. so i dnt cnsider it miss.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by okubi: 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ayobami Jaiyeola, 29, who is currently serving as a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) with the Lagos State Ministry of works, is missing.

According to family sources, Ayobami was last seen on Friday, November 29, 2013, at about 9pm when she left her house in Victoria Island without any word and leaving her phones and bag behind.

As at the time of her missing, she was wearing a green top with blue jeans and has braided hair.

Members of the public with any useful information regarding the whereabouts of the young lady are requested to contact 0708 199 5199 or report to the nearest police station.

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by SWG1: 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
I dont see why this topic is in discussion wen ppl have been wearing not just ankle socks but normal lenght on traditional wears for ages. I think a miss is the body hugging elastic trousers i see our girls putting on in the name of recent fashion

1 Like

Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
U will realize it's a necessity wearing socks with native attire in Canada; the cold will definitely tell you
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by mariM(f): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Miss
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Ericomoto(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
I noticed the majority of people saying its a 'miss' are ladies. I guess most of us men do this.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by DexxyAlebs(m): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Ericomoto: I noticed the majority of people saying its a 'miss' are ladies. I guess most of us men do this.
fact dey used to wearing shoes widout socks no wonda.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by coolrose(m): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nothing spoil.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Spartan1: 8:48am On Sep 20, 2014
this questions really a test of hygiene... all the guys who said its a miss "shows flaws" & ladies pls let your men wear stockings... because stockings have long & short... so short is a must for an hidden situation for native... U DO NOT WEAR A SHOE WITHOUT A STOCKINGS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD(especially a good original shoe) that why stockings are resigned in twoS... I'm an pro & expert working with many top designers/shoe dudes...yea OR IS THERE A PARTICULAR PLACE U GOT IT AS BEEN WRONG
Its NOT a miss but PASS
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Spartan1: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2014
Meegan: I remember one time when we were kids and my mum made kaftan for us. she told us not to wear socks and we cried. We later allowed us. When I see those old pics, I realise we look stupid. So its definitely a MISS
u guys never looks silly because of d
stockings...its probably ur standin positions as kids ir d clothes never fit...old picx are always like that...don't ever go out without ur stocking its unclean
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by MhisIjay(f): 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Fashion blunder
Big MISS lipsrsealed
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by destante(f): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
For men, when they wear a smart native, I think the kind of footwear they wear alongside it should determine if socks should be worn or not. But generally, it is a miss.
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by edanny707: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2016
Socks on native, I'm not sure about.

Shoes with laces on native, I have an idea about.

Growing up I, always hear many people from older generations stating that shoes with laces are for kids, as they believe tieing bows on your shoes are for kids. Same goes for shoes with velcros.

This then translated into, even if some adults can get away with it wearing shoes with laces on suits, because they want to look younger, then surely, when dressing more maturely in native, Shoes with laces is not excusable.

This then majorly became an idea of Shoes with laces should not be worn on native.

Depending on the crowd, I would wear it.

I've even gone on to wear bright coloured Socks on smart looking native, just to make a fashion statement :-)
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Ericomoto(m): 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
Re: Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 28, 2017
There is no fixed rule that goes about that.

In the real sense of it, fashion is not about a set of fixed rules, its about defining your own style – that doesn't go overboard unconvensional.

The main public notion about that is that it tends to look ridiculous – for instance, a pair of socks under ankara buba and soro.

To get away with that, you can easily opt for a pair of ankle socks.

Here is a relevant post on native styles for male. You can look it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Cream Is Best For Dark Skin? / 100% Herbal Cosmetics, Treat All Blemishes And Protect Your Flawless Glamour! / Fashion Lookbook As You Never Seen It Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.