Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? (23667 Views)

UNILAG Set To Resume Academic Activities On May 2nd,2016 / Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely / FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Cabsso(m): 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ksu wat r u waitin 4?
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by blessed4ril(f): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Johnsonpac: Gradually! Gradually!
ur senses are rebooting since all dis while.
Brb

Nobi small tin ooo!

They wuld have waited till forever nah! Lubbish

1 Like

Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Cabsso(m): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
da_prinzz: OAU for where? :/
Ksu resume nw...
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by eudoh: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
godson0032000:

Oga shut up!!! Those yeye pple called ASUU aren't fighting for the interEst of students nd betterment of d education sector, bt rather dey are fighting for their own selfish pockets... U better dnt b surprised after dey collect d so called money nd yet their exist no development in d education sector
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by eudoh: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
mr physics, if u shud c wot d 2009 agreement is tlking abt, if u wer d president, u too no go sign d stupid agreements. eg autonomy of university, share of oil money dey aint working for etc. omo make dem go faggie one syd jare. by d tym all d vc's bgin to d lose der jab dem go knw
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by eudoh: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
cheks bros: Talk true,shebi na slessor hostel you wan dey! grin undecided
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by eudoh: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
no mind her. na isa kaita she wan de. abeg odim brethren ha fa na? light don dey ni?

1 Like

Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
U see how state universities re been misled now FG order all federal sch to Resume but state university are not included. I wonder what state university are waiting for they re been used by federal uni
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by eudoh: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
no mind her. na isa kaita she wan de. abeg odim brethren ha fa na? light don dey ni?
okpa, di oku
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by misslaw(f): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
wat is it........
ASUU for ma left,ASUU 4 ma right...ASUU frnt nd bak.....omo gal don tire
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by chynazom(f): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Looks like they are referring to those with outstanding exams to write......
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nope,they are referring to those who are eligible to pay new school fees ...school needs your money grin!
chynazom: Looks like they are referring to those with outstanding exams to write......
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
All the funds government has been disbursing to them which they have also been rejecting nko! I read that an immediate 100bn was agreed to be released to them after d 13hrs meeting they had with gej as part of the installmental funding which will span for 5yrs which they agreed upon and decided to go and present it to their ogas at d top that sent them.

They subjected the whole thing to voting and majority of them voted for the strike to be called of but these half baked lecturers subverted the will of the majority amongs them and became dumb for some days before the accident that took the life of one of their ex- leaders. We were all left in the dark and we thought that they will call of the strike but wanted to pay their last respect to the deceased fellow and all of a sudden they nw came up with a new demand that they shld be paid their 5months salaries which they did not work for? Y d after thought? Y didn't they make such demand during the meeting with d president?

This government has shown enough goodwill to these ASUU people- they just dnt want to make any sacrifice yet they say they are fighting to make the educational system work? In every negotiation, its give and take- u just don't receive without giving then u aint serious yet!

ASUU has introduced a fresh demand to a matter that was almost resolved which means that they are still enjoying the strike and are not yet ready to go back to lecture! No work no pay- period! Students shldnt always be the ones to pay dearly eachtime ASUU gets honey- its time for a collective sacrifice therefore ASUU shld sacrifice the 5months salaries they are demanding after all they didn't work for it!

He who seeks for equity must also do equity!

niyitogun:

I like your last question "why did ASUU not call of the strike after F.G agrees to pay install-mentally?" The truth is F.G agreed to pay install-mentally right from the first agreement with ASUU years back but they never did till now. Sadly with the Nigerian government you can't hold them to their words until you see them take action..."pay the installment-at least this years own-". I hope this answers your question.
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by poshpimkiey(f): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
cheks bros: lol grin....why you wan know whether uncle barth go return for MCB department?...(talk true oh) embarassed.....anyways i dey organize tutorial for people wey wan get slessor and eyo-ita!
ahdonblvit...how much for material
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
i can count so many lecturers whose children are studying abroad or in private universities angry......they understand the Nigerian system,and have made adequate plans to ensure their children get the best,without prolonged study years....i guess the increasing demands on their pockets have made them blind to the pleas of affected students
byrron:
All the funds government has been disbursing to them which they have also been rejecting nko! I read that an immediate 100bn was agreed to be released to them after d 13hrs meeting they had with gej as part of the installmental funding which will span for 5yrs which they agreed upon and decided to go and present it to their ogas at d top that sent them.

They subjected the whole thing to voting and majority of them voted for the strike to be called of but these half baked lecturers subverted the will of the majority amongs them and became dumb for some days before the accident that took the life of one of their ex- leaders. We were all left in the dark and we thought that they will call of the strike but wanted to pay their last respect to the deceased fellow and all of a sudden they nw came up with a new demand that they shld be paid their 5months salaries which they did not work for? Y d after thought? Y didn't they make such demand during the meeting with d president?

This government has shown enough goodwill to these ASUU people- they just dnt want to make any sacrifice yet they say they are fighting to make the educational system work? In every negotiation, its give and take- u just don't receive without giving then u aint serious yet!

ASUU has introduced a fresh demand to a matter that was almost resolved which means that they are still enjoying the strike and are not yet ready to go back to lecture! No work no pay- period! Students shldnt always be the ones to pay dearly eachtime ASUU gets honey- its time for a collective sacrifice therefore ASUU shld sacrifice the 5months salaries they are demanding after all they didn't work for it!

He who seeks for equity must also do equity!

Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Digitron: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
The president refusal to personally signed the new agreement with ASUU has shown that even the new agreement is UNIMPLEMENTABLE.

Recently, the senate committee chairman on government establishment aloysius etuk, said that any agreement without the imput of national assembly will not work.

The Chairman of revenue and wages commission said that the agreement with ASUU is faulty.

How do u expect ASUU to just call off the strike?
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
Corner A or B ?...please! embarassed
poshpimkiey: ahdonblvit...how much for material
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by cutievivie(f): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
yeahhh.... proudly a lioness tho..
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
i can sense that,you aint ready for school yet.....na next year tinz bah? grin?
cutievivie: yeahhh.... proudly a lioness tho..
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by foxgiovani(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
Has Yabatech and Auchi Poly called off?
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by shehuAO: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU is not loosing ground at all,this is the fifty out of the whole universities in the nation that are announcing their resumption by Air.(Shame)
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Zupremo13: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
Uniuyo I hope say una de see o,if una no follow take action like UNN,I go enter that assh*le call campus and burn down the remaining structures make una remain for house till infinity...which kind thing?
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
Goldenbrown549:
must u bring ur beta by far shiit into unn mata? We don c u
cheesy wink
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
Pretty-Clare7:
what is UNIZIK waiting for??

#GIANTSFOREVER#

I don't y unizik joined ASUU.
This is their greatest mistake
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by costandi(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2013
Can't believe such a fake news made fp!!! Reliable fire!!

1 Like

Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by katechris(f): 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
D only university of nigeria,odas re supplements....UNN,university of nnukwu nsogbu grin

1 Like

Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Odycute(f): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2013
i see hope for Batch A'014. Senate biko sharp sharp...no tym!
Otondoism-here I come.
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Caesar1988(m): 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
if u know barto okolo,the v.c of unn and the pro chancellor,emeka enejere very well,u will know dat any lecturer that fails to resume will be sacked,in unn,not even professors can challenge d current v.c,not even ASUU can challenge the v.c####the man who single handedly dissolved student union in unn####
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by Pchizy: 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
...any dept offering chm courses should get ready.... Cos b/4 u no it, plenty notes/lectures will be bouncing on you..(as if chm dept owns you: Asegb...)

CC: P&Ind Chm; BCH; FST; EDU; Micro; Geo; Engine etc
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by robo247(m): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Danhumprey: Goodluck to them! I hope the students don't go to the lecture rooms expecting to meet lecturers only for them to be entertained by lizards jumping all over the rooms. undecided
Thats a big lie. Our lecturers were reluctant to join d strike in d first place. Despite the strike action, we still wrote our exams and ended d session before leaving for hols.
I trust Bartho Okolo jor. Ride on sir! Our oga at d top.
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by robo247(m): 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
chimexcomm: Heheheheehehehe, I WILL STILL ADVICE UNN students not to rush back to school next week, wait and see how things go on monday before rushing back to avoid stories that touch besides,there is no possibility of lectures starting this year, but the school announced resumption yesterday in lion fm
That's a good suggestion. But atleast, there is hope for us (lions and lionesses). I knw they might not start lectures. But finally we r out of d strike. So we hav full assurance that we r returning back to schl by January.
Wow! This cant be true. God! Am so happy.
Re: UNN Re-Opens For Normal Academic Activities? by somtea(m): 12:01am On Dec 01, 2013
chynazom: Looks like they are referring to those with outstanding exams to write......
Na u b dis Chei.ma nairaland preachin ahf work eeh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Scrap Post-UTME / OAU students flee hostels over cultists threat / 7 Reasons Why Students Fail WAEC Exams Every Year And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.