Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers (2189 Views)

The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / Gsm Internet Service / Browsing With A Gsm Internet Sim Card:the Secret Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by seunlayi(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
I have seen various threads related to this without specific demand. This is the time we have to wake up and confront our service providers for all their exploitation especially in this area of internet connectivity. Despite the fact that the service that most of them especially the so called best among them are giving to us are substandard, this network are very stingy with the little they gave to us when we subscribe for internet. We should note that an average BB subscriber get average of 2-3 gig for around 1,000 Naira whereas others are expected to cough out 4-6 Thousand naira for the same volume of data which is unfair. I am not saying this because of Airtel new deadline to some of their subscribers and I don't use cheat to browse But I think I normal person should realize that this exploitation is too much.

It is time for this so called providers to do something i.e. increasing by more than 200%, the volume of data allocated to all their crappy data plans. All the major stakeholders should not pretend, they should act now or else they too will be disgrace when eventually, the price of data fall as it happened to our telephony service when a former minister and now Senate president send something in the past that telephone service is meant only for the rich but right now in his lifetime, the youngest of my children have more than 2 telephone numbers.

Young IT expert are not suppose to spent their precious time looking for a way to hack a network service in other to enjoy cheap internet if the charges are moderate.
My own suggestion now is that:- [size=15pt]WE SHOULD BOMBARD ALL THE AVAILABLE THREAD ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND RELATED SITES WITH POST FOR A WEEK[/size] Post your view on any of their available topic or promo on their page

It is not necessary you comment here just click on any of these network page and post something there.

GLOBACOM https://www.facebook.com/GloWorld

MTN https://www.facebook.com/MTNLoaded

AIRTEL https://www.facebook.com/airtelng

ETISALAT https://www.facebook.com/etisalatng

I have made atleast 6 post each on the page of this four service providers, by the time you do urs too, DEM GO TAKE

4 Likes

Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by grinace(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2013
D Best Solution 2 Aving A Cheap Droid Plan*a
Must Read 4 All Droid Users* by grinace ( m):
3:43pm
hi all,my name is grinace as u can see.
now those of u saying u want to protest for this
fair data plan for droid and all that ur just wasting
ur time,no don't get vexed I'm 10000000000% in
support of ur campaign but the thing is dat they
as in the isp's won't do nuffing except u have a
commendable solution like I . I shouldn't b posting
dis here but I have to cos its getting out of hand.
now listen carefully to my new VPN plan.hope
customer care reps are reading this too.
I know u all know what VPN apps are right?,now
each network/IS provider should make their own
VPN plans and apps thereby creating a Bb plan
camouflaged by the name VPN why I said they
should make a VPN app is so that PC users won't
be able to use it and it'd be strictly for android
users downloadable on play store etc maybe for
a certain amount like #100 .after that each
android users subscribes for the monthly ,daily or
whatever VPN plan he prefers .now the diff
between the Bb and VPN plan has to b little e.g
1000 a month for Bb 1200 for. android VPN plan
e.t.c. that's not All,in the VPN app there has to be
a free usage which is limited to 50mb per day
and a premium usage which is strictly unlimited.
now to b a premium user for a month ,we get to
pay #800. so that erything we pay for amounts to
2k per month. that's all and for servers we get
something like Lagos,abuja actually all 36states
so u choose most suitable for u.
this is all I have for us to make me and those
isp's cool cash but I'm now letting it out for free
to naija so make sure this works a beg. u can
contact me on 08131275304 and if its switched
off(cos I use techno m3) u can mail me at
opeoluwaoluwasegun@ymail.com. let's make
data plan fair for android users if ur on my side
say aye! and let us all make this work.

3 Likes

Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by seunlayi(m): 6:26am On Dec 02, 2013
Thank you all for all your comments on their page soon, they will realized that we are stronger than ASUU. some has started reacting to comments I.e airtel
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by Defaramade(m): 7:11am On Dec 02, 2013
I've posted on all of dia timelines. Guys let us bombard their facebook page & twitter handle with messages asking for a unified & inexpensive data plans for all smartphone users (android, windows phone & ios devices). It's then they will start taking us more seriously.

1 Like

Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by seunlayi(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
i noticed that many people are also posting on their wall and pages. If this trend should continue, i believe that something good will surely come out.
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by Defaramade(m): 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
seunlayi: i noticed that many people are also posting on their wall and pages. If this trend should continue, i believe that something good will surely come out.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by wheesin(m): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
OP...I GREET U....ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY AND WE ARE READY TO PAY..BUT THEY ARE BEHAVING STUP.ID....HMMMM...AIRTEL TOO HAS JOINED THEM....LETS JUST WAIT TILL BB FADES COMPLETELY

Anyways join me in mourning the death of our prodigal brother airtel

https://www.nairaland.com/1539826/airtel-sim-breaking-thread#19940402
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by enigmatique(m): 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
Yes, finally! I've made at least six posts on each of their Fb official pages. Peeps, it's time to let them hear it. Btw, na Airtel disappoint me with that their decision. Why do they think people are using their network? Smh for them big time. Just pray and hope they listen to our protests. Let them equate Bb and android plans, or at least minimize difference between the plans.
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by Deblow: 2:33am On Dec 04, 2013
Beautiful idea! I want to suggest that we copy whatever we post there on their pages and paste here for us to read and strategise. They will definitely feel the heat and have a rethink. Guys, pls bombard them.
Here is what I posted on the Etisalat page:

Etisalat, your network services are the poorest yet you reel in self over estimation of being among the best! When you first started u were very fantastic but a little later, u decided to join the bandwagon and am sure u are feeling the pains now. You remain stagnant in a dynamic gsm world making urself pleasant with the obsolete 2g services when in other saner climes, they are researching on 5g! You concentrate on the mega cities leaving other places with very poor services yet u spend a whooping sum in advertisement and publicity for products and services that are substandard! You hate android users with a passion yet u over pamper the bb owners with their device that will soon go into extinction! I can only pity u for not learning from the mistakes of ur sister brand, Airtel which has been sold several times and yet unable to find its feet due to poor market strategies and harsh customer relationship. You will soon go the way of Airtel if u fail to heed our advice. improve on your services by upgrading to 3g to start with, everywhere in the country. then come up with a favourable and affordable plans for the android users such as 3 gig data for 1k or even less and see how u will smile to the bank. Jettison this advice and u are doomed! A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by seunlayi(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2013
this protest is not targeted at airtel alone but all our service providers that are milking us dry. Let us derail all the post on their site and Facebook pages and tweeter with our grievances.
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by seunlayi(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2013
. this protest is not targeted at airtel alone but all our service providers that are milking us dry. Let us derail all the post on their site and Facebook pages and tweeter with our grievances
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by solar007: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
This is the best solution to check this networks.

we got the bomb
we got the guns
we got the mortal
we got the grenades
we got the warplanes and ships

Simply making post on their sites will serves as this warfare instrument.
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by wheesin(m): 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Protest against our Gsm/internet Service Providers by CheapData4naija: 3:14am On Jan 09, 2014
Have you people given up? Lets not relent in our quest for cheap internet service, do you know Tigo ghana offers unlimited internet access for as low as 3381 naira, they also offer 7gb worth of data per day for just 50 naira? The importance of cheap internet to our education system, students and economy can't be underated.

All data campaign threads on Nairaland lacks motivation, let us unify under a thread and continue our protest, but this time with full force and alacrity.

(1) (Reply)

Best Root Apps For Rooted Android Phones / How To Get MTN 1GB Data For Free | 100% Free / Please Which Phone Can I Buy With 55000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.