Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency (13808 Views)

ASUU Is Wicked: Exams Where Written On Saturday And Sunday / ASUU Is Lying -- FG Says / Lmao, See What ASUU Is Causing!! Check Out This Broadcast Message From A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Demdem(m): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
game_rod:

Another candidate for a mental asylum, you should keep quiet like you have done lately rather than perennially uttering gibberish.

Fool, why dont u face topic and make ur comment. undecided
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Demdem(m): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:

what is this one saying
Your mentor faggae is a big thief, he doesn't want fg to invest in education themselves but to hand over the money to him. When did our lecturers become contractors, abi na dem get university
Majority of the lecturers are not even aware of the activities of the ASUU nec.

Considering the colored above, u really sound daft.
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Demdem(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
samilo88:
Bros we were looking for u all through d weekend when Obiano was declared winner.

Yeah, the winner of that fraud of an election has been declared. life continues

ASUU would return to the classrooms and you can GO AND DIE afterwards.

which of the ASUU? Wike ASUU or Okupe ASUU? U dont sound smart at all
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Demdem(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
shikaan: cant u make sense without calling names?? if u want ppl to listen to u, chairman u have to be rational.

Who cares if u listen to me or not. do u think am here to excite u. Use ur brain my friend and mind ur business.
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by ojofu(m): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Fg said, we have reached an agreement with ASUU, oya ASUU go and call off the strike.
ASUU said, no way before we do that please let each side sign the agreement.
Fg said, if you dont call of the strike, you will fired.

My question is, why is the Fg refusing to sign the same agreement it claimed it entered with ASUU and can you really called an unsigned agreement an agreement?

To me, all this promises of 200 billion and the rest are like all the other promises made by this same govt and previous govt like " you will have constant light by 2012", vision 2010, 2020 and the rest.

If the govt is sincere, they should sign the agreement period.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by SirTunechi(f): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Demdem:

Considering the colored above, u really sound daft.
gringringrin Is that all you could think of, pathetic F00l
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Demdem(m): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:

gringringrin Is that all you could think of, pathetic F00l

Fool why dont u substantiate ur claim about all the money going to Faggae's pocket. Again, u are indeed daft
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by merbenko: 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
International vacancy from different country. Iam happy let must this lazy lecturers pack.
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Chigorkizz(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nothing for ASUU on this one.
ASUU has bin broken by her leadership.
This is what hapen when u elect an extremist as a leader of a pressure group.
U cnt hold d Government to ramson 4 so long.This is all abt negotiation..nobody is acredited to gain,d two parties must lose but ASUU wants all the gain.

Let us b truthful on dis one.
Where on earth have u seen an employee over-ride his/her employer.
This is all abt hiring and firing.NIGERIA CONSTITUTION says that u cn hire and fire ur employee not minding what he/she did.
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Chigorkizz(m): 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
rman:

I deliberately didn't reply the ignorant fellow.

You can deduce his response has political undertones.
The opposition hijacked ASUU, how petty can the Jonathanians get.

What is so difficult in putting in black and white and let the appropriate personnel append their signature to what was agreed upon?

All the major issues that came up under this administration has been resolved only with emotional blackmail. They result to ethnic ( Odua gate) , religious ( bokoharam) , and some dubious shenanigans to have their way. Now they are trying to paint the lectures as bad people against the government, when it was the government that failed to keep its own promise in the first place.

Nothing was resolved based on facts and logical approach. NOTHING!
How do u expect d FG to sign those conditions of urs?
U mean FG shud pay u for d months u didn't work!
Where on earth does it hapen?
The reason why FG dnt want 2 sign those conditions is because of d four month salary dat was involved.
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by texazzpete(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Chigorkizz:
The reason why FG dnt want 2 sign those conditions is because of d four month salary dat was involved.

This is no sensible excuse. ASUU is on the verge of settling for a compromise agreement that will net the University system much less than what they agreed with the FG in 2009. Paying them for the months they were on strike is a decent compromise gesture that the FG can easily make.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by greenPHP(m): 2:06am On Dec 03, 2013
Chigorkizz:
THE SAME FG GOVT WILL STILL LOOT THE SALARY after all FG caused the strike because if they had kept to the 2009 agreement since it was signed four years back it won't had come to this.......so FG is the root of the problem.....they are not sincere!!!
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Akiika: 5:34am On Dec 03, 2013
Those are the atttibutes of you and your Oga.
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by deebrain(m): 5:46am On Dec 03, 2013
Between one that stubbornly (howbeit foolishly) insists on his rights and the one that deliberately, lies to the faces of human kind-cos they "ain't gonna do sh**t about it", i think it would be the latter that does not send fear God nor sends Him message.

cheesy
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by onyeka205(m): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2013
99/100:
Wednesday is the D-day.
I support no work no pay.
The only option remaining now is to sack d damn lecturers,i mean those that refuses to return on or before d deadline date of December 4.
This action of the presidency is popular among the majority of the masses of Nigeria;the students,the parents/guardians, the business men and women and even the vice chancellors.

Sorry brother, The VCs don't like this approach. They are only obeying the minister because they are political appointees. They know that they are the beneficiaries of ASUU struggle. All the billions being mentioned are to be expended by the VCs and the Governing Council. Surprisingly nobody will return on the appointed date and FG will not be foolish to start new recruitment which will bury educational progress in NIgeria. Don't think it is easy to get experts in every area of education. Some universities decided to retain most of their retired professors because it is difficult to get a replacement. How many unimployed professors and PhD holders have seen? NASU is now ready to join ASUU and I think the FG will also recruit new ones as well. As at yesterday, NLC and TUC were having meeting with ASUU and these bodies are ready to join ASUU any moment from now. I think this will be too much for the FG to handle. The easiest thing the FG should do is to simply sign the agreement.
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by kolawolem: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2013
eluquenson: Nigerian govt Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God they are known for misappropriation & embezzlement at the detriment of the populace. undecided
Is it ASUU that is responsible and Fear God? Bros abeg park well
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by kolawolem: 7:31am On Dec 03, 2013
onyeka205:

Sorry brother, The VCs don't like this approach. They are only obeying the minister because they are political appointees. They know that they are the beneficiaries of ASUU struggle. All the billions being mentioned are to be expended by the VCs and the Governing Council. Surprisingly nobody will return on the appointed date and FG will not be foolish to start new recruitment which will bury educational progress in NIgeria. Don't think it is easy to get experts in every area of education. Some universities decided to retain most of their retired professors because it is difficult to get a replacement. How many unimployed professors and PhD holders have seen? NASU is now ready to join ASUU and I think the FG will also recruit new ones as well. As at yesterday, NLC and TUC were having meeting with ASUU and these bodies are ready to join ASUU any moment from now. I think this will be too much for the FG to handle. The easiest thing the FG should do is to simply sign the agreement.

Do u live in Nigeria at all?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by PEREP: 8:35am On Dec 03, 2013
sainty2k3: Presidency is busy making noise, why is it that FGN can't allow Cbn, ag, and others to be part of the agreement, why can't they pay the 2014 share of the money as planned. Federal government definitely is deceitful and not to be trusted, resident doctors did, and till now they never receive anytin

It is an insult on the President of Nigeria for ASUU to believe a signature of CBN governor will release funds from the coffers of government and not based on a directive from President or any other person directed by the number one man of the country to do so.

It is an unfolding drama
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by Johnsinia(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2013
ojofu: Fg said, we have reached an agreement with ASUU, oya ASUU go and call off the strike.
ASUU said, no way before we do that please let each side sign the agreement.
Fg said, if you dont call of the strike, you will fired.

My question is, why is the Fg refusing to sign the same agreement it claimed it entered with ASUU and can you really called an unsigned agreement an agreement?

To me, all this promises of 200 billion and the rest are like all the other promises made by this same govt and previous govt like " you will have constant light by 2012", vision 2010, 2020 and the rest.

If the govt is sincere, they should sign the agreement period.
FG will sign if they want to but nt when a group of people is pressurizing them to, blw, who are u to force a siting president to sign?
What else do they want? A meeting dat held 4 several hours, with lots of dignitaries in attendance, including the VP, senate presido, NLC presido etc, and u still want signature again, its like saying indirectly to the face of the presidnt of Nigeria, the commander in chief of the armed forces of Nigeria, the number one 'headboy' of Africa, the presidnt of the most powerful black nation on earth, that we dont trust u. And it is a SIN (Crime) to, it is also a sin to argue or continue being stuborn afta u ve meet with the highest authority. Dnt 4get, America, which we copy like copycat, in George Clinton voice, said "nobody said no to the president."
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by docadams: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
game_rod:

Another candidate for a mental asylum, you should keep quiet like you have done lately rather than perennially uttering gibberish.
Young man, I thought this thread was, in addition, meant to gauge people's mood on this national embarrassment. Why jump off the block to back at people like a wild bush dog?
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by agabaI23(m): 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
texazzpete:

You know, I keep hearing you students spout this inane logic and it's always hilarious.

Tell me, you're complaining about the academic institutions remaining shut and disruption to your academic calendar. Do you (in your wildest dreams!) think replacing thousands of experienced lecturers overnight is an easy task? Or a task that can be completed in months? You think it's as easy as putting an advert in Wednesday Guardian and employing the first 1000 graduates that show up?

This was the same brainless idea Tinubu had about sacking over 1000 doctors and replacing them. Eventually the scales fell from his eyes and Fashola went suing for peace.

People are worried stiff about securing long term replacements for some of the brilliant lecturers we have and you're thinking about replacing them en-masse cheesy

You said this at the time

texazzpete:

Don't be silly. You had ONE bad experience with doctors and now it's 'welcome to Nigerian doctors'?!

For those calling on the state Government to sack all striking doctors, I wonder if they even appreciate the work doctors do? These are not marketers sitting behind counters in banks or teachers that you can replace at will with hungry graduates. You will struggle to replace the current crop of doctors with new recruits. And even the new ones will also be unionized. At the end of the day you will still meet them over a negotiation table.

All these lies from the State government is not helping the situation. Exaggerating the salary the elite doctors (with decades of experience) earn to deceive the masses is not good governance. Lagos state can afford to pay them 100% CONMESS, forget all the FUD being spread by their apologists. The way Fashola is talking, one wonders why we do not see LUTH doctors driving new SUVs and owning choice properties in Lagos grin
What has changed?
Re: ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency by texazzpete(m): 10:17am On Dec 04, 2013
agabaI23:

You said this at the time

What has changed?

I am not using 'teachers' and 'lecturers' interchangeably in this discussion.
I can see the source of confusion (technically, lecturers ARE teachers), but by 'teachers' I mean Secondary/Primary school teachers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Then Is The Hope For Students With The SAEB Results In Nija? / How To Check Delsu Post Ume Result / Jamb Direct Entry/nysc Regularization Meaning, Procedures And Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.