Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,807 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China (86019 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 10, 2013
fatai2:

@iykedenis, let me start by saying that majority of goods u will buy from Dubai were produce in china but with high quality.

In china u can buy from wholesalers or go to the manufacturers directly and place ur order according to ur requirements.

As for the livings expenses, I don't know about dubai but in china, u can lodge in a 3 star hotel, take a public buses or subway and eat. From cheap restaurants for a total cost btw N5 to N7k/day.

As for the shipping cost, assume a 40ft HQ container for non- contraband goods, shipping cost is around 4300 to 4700usd (guangzhou to lagos). However for cost of clearing it depence on the HS codes of the goods u are importing.

Lastly, I live in Nigeria. Good luck

goodmorning,sorry i have not been around.
please may i have your contact address for some personal questions.

thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mike58(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2013
Hello Thanks for setting up this nice thread @fatai

First week of january i intend buying a feed machine from a company in china, i interact through e-mails with thier marketing agent. My question is what are the necessary requirement i will need to clear my package because i asked them to send it to apapa port. thanks i anticipate ur swift reply as this is my first time importing
thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
mike58: Hello Thanks for setting up this nice thread @fatai

First week of january i intend buying a feed machine from a company in china, i interact through e-mails with thier marketing agent. My question is what are the necessary requirement i will need to clear my package because i asked them to send it to apapa port. thanks i anticipate ur swift reply as this is my first time importing
thanks

Do you ask the cost of the machine and container CBM it will occupy? Also u need to konw the location of the company(cos of the local transport to the shipper).
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mike58(m): 8:03am On Dec 11, 2013
fatai2:

Do you ask the cost of the machine and container CBM it will occupy? Also u need to konw the location of the company(cos of the local transport to the shipper).

The cost of the machine and shipping cost ve been sent to me, the company is in Guangzhou. All I am asking now is what documents would be required from me to claim my package at the apapa port. Thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by tyoseni(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
@ Poster, thanks for the information. But will like to have a chat with you. please mail me @ oseni.ty@gmail.com Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by dombible(m): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
tyoseni: @ Poster, thanks for the information. But will like to have a chat with you. please mail me @ oseni.ty@gmail.com Thanks.
Thank you for this great info,i want to ask how do i make payment on alibaba using Escrow,do i have to click the escrow logo in the manufacturer site?please help me wit dis.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Mikechinos(m): 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
Pls help I bought some stuff on aliexpress bt d seller said dat he can't ship to my address in awka anambra state dat DHL dnt have remote area here.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by eminikansoso(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
mike58:

The cost of the machine and shipping cost ve been sent to me, the company is in Guangzhou. All I am asking now is what documents would be required from me to claim my package at the apapa port. Thanks
If it is peesonal container you need Bill Ladding and put in for RAR
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by goodnature: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2013
All the the Chinese companies have been contacting have been telling me that their minimum order is 40FT container and I can't afford to pay for this. Please how can I get Chinese companies that can sell at lower quantities? Then the payment system and shipping/receiving system. I am waiting for your response soonest. Thanks. My email is: bola.lamina@gmail.com
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by inforesource: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2013
Why are you stressing yourself, tell the supplier to ship it to CVM china office and they'll help u deliver it ur address but that will cost a little xtra.
Mike chinos: Pls help I bought some stuff on aliexpress bt d seller said dat he can't ship to my address in awka anambra state dat DHL dnt have remote area here.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mayorall(m): 9:33am On Dec 12, 2013
goodnature: All the the Chinese companies have been contacting have been telling me that their minimum order is 40FT container and I can't afford to pay for this. Please how can I get Chinese companies that can sell at lower quantities? Then the payment system and shipping/receiving system. I am waiting for your response soonest. Thanks. My email is: bola.lamina@gmail.com

Then change your style. Stop repping yourself, represent a company in your letter, let your letter show you have a boss and you work for an wholesale company in Nigeria. Your first order is sample according to your boss. When you see the quality then your company comes back to them with full force.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by dav8id(m): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
mayorall:

Then change your style. Stop repping yourself, represent a company in your letter, let your letter show you have a boss and you work for an wholesale company in Nigeria. Your first order is sample according to your boss. When you see the quality then your company comes back to them with full force.
thats my guy. Keep it up
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by dav8id(m): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
goodnature: All the the Chinese companies have been contacting have been telling me that their minimum order is 40FT container and I can't afford to pay for this. Please how can I get Chinese companies that can sell at lower quantities? Then the payment system and shipping/receiving system. I am waiting for your response soonest. Thanks. My email is: bola.lamina@gmail.com
what exactely are u intend to import. Cuz some goods are extimate in contianer
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by topsyn03(m): 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
plz do have an idea on how to import from amazon and ebay
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
mayorall:

Well answered friend.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mintyx(m): 2:22am On Dec 15, 2013
please which goodsite in china or where i can buy a good original laptop(toshiba, dell, hp) and the best method of shipping it to Nigeria too.(cheaper shipping method will be appreciated thnx)
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by alotofgrace(m): 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
pls can anyone help me with this book?
what colour is your parachute?

sorry for diversion
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by legalwealth(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
fatai2: Hello All,

I will like to give free information for anybody wishing to import any goods from any angle of China to Nigeria or any African countries.

Gud luck!

Good of you OP.
Which of the cards in Nigerian do you recommend for importers.As for me,I recommend UBA Africard to GTBank mastercard cum others and you?

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by twinskenny(m): 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
mintyx: please which goodsite in china or where i can buy a good original laptop(toshiba, dell, hp) and the best method of shipping it to Nigeria too.(cheaper shipping method will be appreciated thnx)
good laptop in china very difficult my friend, i have tried it before but the quality are very poor..
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by helphelp: 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Freight On Board ni ooooo

fatai2:

FOB. Free onboard price. The port of shipping is for goods means for sea shipping not for air cargo. Whether alibaba or aliexpress they can ship to ur city as per ur shipping address at there record.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by twinskenny(m): 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
as for shipping company from China to Nigeria, Chrisvic is still the best.. though they may have ther own issues but still the cheapest and more reliable
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by legalwealth(m): 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
topsyn03: plz do have an idea on how to import from amazon and ebay

Great as I do order quality stuffs from ebay.

I make use of my USA verified PayPal account shipping to my USA address from myus.com and shipito.com who will finally ship to me here in Nigeria.
You need to be threading on USA Dedicated VPN IP for your purchases using your real names on the site.
Your names and addresses must be on your ebay account as it is on your PayPal account for your order to be successful.
Having your own real and available USA Phone number is also a great plus with which you can contact sellers on ebay including ebay and paypal customer care and they too can contact you on anything if need be.
You must have linked your USA Phone number to your ebay and paypal account for the sake of good rating for your personality.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by indomitable234: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
if u are shipping by air it could be either cargo or express for cargo shipping charge is 5.3usd per kg and clearing is 350naira per kg while express is 9usd per kg and clearing is 500 per kg that is using the local logistics companies like choice,skysail and by sea its 120usd per cbm and 28,000naira per cbm for clearing

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
With N100,000. Can I start an importation biz from China?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by legalwealth(m): 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
mintyx: please which goodsite in china or where i can buy a good original laptop(toshiba, dell, hp) and the best method of shipping it to Nigeria too.(cheaper shipping method will be appreciated thnx)

My good friend.Best site to get quality laptop is ebay.com as most of their products are USA standard.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by satowind(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
Pls can u tell me a reliable means I can order for memory card, universal modem, Stuffs lyk dat from nigeria and a reliable and non fraudulent way to pay.
I want to do all that from nigeria and won't have to go there. Even if is a reliable website I will appreciate.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
mayorall:

I believe @david8 warned against using this method, cos we re just spoiling our image in the long run, why deceive a seller that you're ordering for a sample and you'll come back with "full force" when you know you won't? Nigerians!
No matter the qty you want/need, their re appropriate shops that will sell it to you! Just a lil price diff dazal. Let's stop destroying our image abeg.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by KolaShangOne(m): 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: With N100,000. Can I start an importation biz from China?

Yes. You can start with 20,000 sef..
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
satowind: Pls can u tell me a reliable means I can order for memory card, universal modem, Stuffs lyk dat from nigeria and a reliable and non fraudulent way to pay.
I want to do all that from nigeria and won't have to go there. Even if is a reliable website I will appreciate.
the cheapest/ safest means to get your mem cards is via chrisvicmall. All you need do is go to aliexpress/alibaba as d case maybe, get the link of the shop that sells the card you need, send it to chrisvic, and they will buy/ship it for you!
Believe me that is the safest n cheapest method.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home / Forex, Foreign stocks and indices Traders Research Room/Lab -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.