Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Christmas Was More Fun As Child. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas Was More Fun As Child. (6301 Views)

Family Shopping Is Now More Fun And Affordable...black Friday Sale Is Here! / Gobe!father Christmas Was Arrested For Defiling 5year-old Pupil / Ajebo And Ajepako Family, Which Is More Fun To Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Ojredifined(m): 3:23am On Dec 02, 2013
When d sound of December was heard, i wished it would b d only month dat would occur through out d year, i would b expecting like 2 to 3 children christmas party, boasting of how my Christmas clothes would b 2 my friends, now wen i remeber dis one it always get me smiling chicken tinz on point grin grin grin, but now I don't seem 2 fill such spirit of Christmas but still celebrate d reason 4 d season.

Pls share with us if u agree that Christmas was more fun as a child. And if u don't agree, share why you think it's more fun now compared 2 wen u were little.

cheesy yipee atlast, 1st tym i eva made it 2 f.p. grin grin grin * Dancing azonto*
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by lymelyte(m): 4:06am On Dec 02, 2013
Very true..xmas was more fun when young.Now it is more like a normal celebration..

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by miteolu(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Financial commitment again!
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by timi4mayo(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wat alwayz cums across my mind first are chrismas clothes nd shoe
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by BloggingIq: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
very true, I dont even think about it now
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by xtiantyme1: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nw wen we guys hear xmas...we de fear cz of gf clothes n shoes..
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
I loved Christmas as a kid. All those barbie dolls I used to get. cheesy however I still love it now as I receive money as my Christmas present. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by CHAIRMAN1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
I looked forward to the Xmas movies shown on AKBC, CRBC; Jesus of Nazareth, movies on wonderlands where fairies existed etc. and even the end of year parties in primary school. Xmas isn't much fun these days, maybe when one becomes a father, things would change.
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by kingarizona(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gone are those days when we buy special clothes on xmas , now we dey buy clothes anytime way money dey our hand cheesy cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Sard(m): 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Christmas was much fun as a kid then. The bangers, the festivities, and what not. But due to alot going on in our adult mind these days, we even tend to shy away from all these festivities especially when there's no financial power. Xmas is still fun, if you have your financially capable family around you.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Decapo: 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
I love the bangers most

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by snika: 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Loved Christmas as a kid.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by iphedahyor(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yeah,u're right
I can never 4get that xmas eve wen I lost 2 of my incissors during a fight.Tnk G,I'm a man now
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
U are right.

When we were little,we worried less compared to now.

A graduate, who is lookin for job and still single at 35,will not bother about xmass at all

a father who has loads of responsibilities will find xmas less interestin than when he was a child.

No matter how comfortable u are,you would worry about one thing or the other at a time.

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
U are right.

When we were little,we worried less compared to now.

A graduate, who is lookin for a job and still single at 35,will not bother about xmass at all

a father who has loads of responsibilities will find xmas less interestin than when he was a child.

No matter how comfortable u are,you would worry about one thing or the other at a time.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by zicjoe(m): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
treking house 2 house to visit my neighbours and uncles. (all are in efforts to make them compliment my new shoes and cloths)

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by mrofficial(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
Very true.
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Psychedelia(m): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Errr... That's because as achild, mommy and daddy dey buy the toys and gifts for you.
But as an adult, you're the one doing the spending now, and e dey pinch for pocket sometimes grin

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yea,it was more fun,d clothes,glasses n electronic wristwatches

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by zicjoe(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
also can't 4get hw i look up to hearing the Boney M Christmas songs

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
Then, my primary reason for going to church on Christmas day was to show off my new Christmas clothes. I remember all the children in the children's hall looking fly and all on that day. And then the FOOD that comes after Christmas service, awesome stuff.

As one grows up, he/she grows out of these things. In the midst of the worries and responsibilities that abound in the life of an adult, the last thing on one's mind is showing off new Christmas clothes.
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by wheesin(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
yea....daddy caring you to the market to buy CHISMAX CLOTHE..lol

https://www.nairaland.com/1539826/airtel-sim-breaking-thread#19940402
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by kennyonthrone(m): 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
Aki u re ryt...xmas ws more fun as a kid d feelin of tinkin u gonna travel 2 d villa nd so on..
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by braine(m): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
I still love Christmas o• I look forward to the shows and outings with friends•
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Bizibi(m): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Christmas in the 80's and early 90's was fun and i used to feel the Christmas fever b4 Dec,the harmattan then was something else but now every damn thing has changed,Christmas is just an ordinary working day.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Psychedelia(m): 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
I miss my sadistic side the most - Catching locusts, loading them in an empty Milo can, lighting 6 sticks of "Banger" firecracker in the can, shutting the Milo lid and watching it go KABOOOOOM!!! Along with the unfortunate locusts.
I remember the fumes from the burnt locusts smelled like some good home-made Chin-Chin.
Mmmmmhmmmmmmm cool Tasty.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by Sicozone(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
I just book space,i don 4get wetin i wan write.
Merry xmas in advance sha.
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Celebrating the birth of the Sun God has definitely toned down these days.
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by ellagal(f): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
undecided ;DMehn,den I use 2 brag about my xmas clothes & shoes,recall dat monkey wrist watch & rubber coloured glasses. d happy xmas cash we get 4rm neighbors,uncles & aunties was amazin buh all d money ends up in mummy's pocket kiss undecided
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yes. Very true.
My family don't visit the village anymore.
I don't even know where to celebrate this coming one except my house. Atimes, you may feel like changing locations & mixing with other members of the family.
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by 2sureguy1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
Xmas swt wel wel....a tym 2 merry go.....throw bangers......2 drink......toast nw girls around d street......can't jez wait
Re: Christmas Was More Fun As Child. by adexsimply(m): 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need A Break. This Is Insane / Boy Or Girl For First Born And Why? / My Wife Is The Reason For My Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.