Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,990 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (41197 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Donates Items To IDP Camp In Edo (Photos) / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by udumosam23(m): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
Bros, na wa for o, D woman self son admit say she fall law, why u dey advocate for a won case? Take time o make oshie baba no dash you another 2mil for opposing him govt o.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by lineal: 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
ohisola: Oshiomole is a widower the woman is a widow
Hummmmmm grin grin

Do u smell what I smell.
FATE

He's too arrogant to consider that woman good enough for him.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by udumosam23(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
But the woman has admitted she did it, why are you so concern in her defence, abee you dey find your share?
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Freiburger(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
MyJoe:
It's to do with the point being made which you fail to get - the governor has no right to use tax payers' money to settle his whimsical bad behaviours.
You 're right. This simply helped in revealing how they carelessly throw up state's cash behind-the-scenes.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by lapronou(m): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
I will block ring road tommorow so that Oshiomole will give me #2m

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by realdevil: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
A widower told a widow to "go and die", the widower then appologise to the widow and settle her with 2 million naira ;DA widower told a widow to "go and die", the widower then appologise to the widow and settle her with 2 million naira
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by biafranqueen: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Well thank God she spoke up for herself! This is a lesson to be learned a closed mouth will not be fed! Thak a God for social media!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Ayatullah(m): 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sermwell: I created the topic and supplied the video here on nairaland!

Congratulations! What next? shocked Oshiomhole has won and the Widow has won.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by PhysicsQED(m): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
It's good that he realized the error of his words and apologized, but I hope the 2 million was from his own personal finances, since it was his personal mistake. I don't think any government money should be spent by any Nigerian politician merely to maintain their popularity after a misstep or to protect their image.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by gtrust: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
plaindealer:

Maybe the other was offered but turned it down because he's not a tea drinker or just didn't feel like drinking.

Ever though about that?

Quit troubling your limited brain..

Yes, I thought about it but...
Look at the picture again and you will see it wasn't an 'accidental picture'.

So, why NOT ask him to hold the tea cup anyway

Did you see the way both of them were even holding the tea-cup
That shows they too are NOT tea-drinkers.

Come and see how I hold my tea-cup or watch how tea-drinkers hold their tea-cups henceforth.

Nigerians have a habit of ignoring!
I'm told that's why people 'work hard to make it' so that they will not be ignored!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Zakkyoz: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
The woman should 'do the needful' and bring ten percent (TITHE) of the money to my ministry. Praise! The Lord!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Ayatullah(m): 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
realdevil: A widower told a widow to "go and die", the widower then appologise to the widow and settle her with 2 million naira ;DA widower told a widow to "go and die", the widower then appologise to the widow and settle her with 2 million naira

So that makes the REALDEVIL crysad and confused because peace has been achieved!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Wahala90: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I make mistakes almost everyday but i don't hold any political office. Political office holders are saddled with the responsibility of being civil with their countenance and choice of words. The onyl reason you're having a soft spot for Osho is because of his party affiliation. Had it been Jonathan that told someone to go and die, we won't hear the last of it. Let's learn to speak the truth irrespective of what political divide we align with.

Go and Die. All hail Oshomole!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by remarkD(m): 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nice narrating. just wondering though... which shool did you go to?
pwaju: A certain widow in Edo state woke up in the morning,took her little wares she displays for sale to take care of her children.Since her husband demise,she has been feigning for the family,no helper,her inlaws took all her late husban left for her,she is a pathetic story.She has prayed to God all this days,nothing forth coming,instead,things were getting worst.But she knew God is alive and will hear her prayers one day,afterall He says,he is the father of widows and the fatherless.Little did she knows that,on this particurlar day will be her breakthrough.
Then come the masses governor,the defender of the poor,who was elected by masses,widows and artisants.Comrarade Adams Oshiomole he is,the Executive Governor of Edo state came for inspections of projects.He saw this poor widow,in the heart of the widow,today,this single encounter will liberate her,yes it comes,but in a harsh way.Governor Adams instead of blessing and took sympathy on this widow,choose to humiliate,lambast and curse her.Before he could blink his eyes,he utter venom of words to the consternation of onlookers,journalist,aides to the widow woman,"GO AND DIE".The widow was surprised! But its just a designed way of God for her upliftment.
The next day,this single episode was on internet,it become a song,story and condemmation from public,oppositions,association of widows worldwide,philantropist.The widow woman become a celebrity in a harsh way and grand style of mistakes.
Since. Then,donations started rolling to the widow.Opposition party PDP donated 250 thousand naira,charity organisations has set up a lucrative bussiness for her,more donations are coming and everyone wants to associat with her.The Governor himself after coming back from his one minute madness,apologize and smashed her wit 2M .The widow level has change.
God blesses in different ways.Who wil ever believe that just one encounter,this widows life change?Those who are mocking her before will be force to celebrate with her.She can pay for her children shool fees,she has got a new bussiness with enought change to help her.
In short,don't give up your prayers,your prayers are already being answered.God will use extra ordinary way to answer you.Your enemies will soon announce your victory and success without them knowing it.
Very soon,your story shall change for good in Jesus name.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by ddippset(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
this go and die saga is getting very interesting. trust me there will soon be a nollywood movie titled 'go and die'
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by dubienatti(m): 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
if 1 insult=2million,scholaship n employment.. den it means 90% of pple on dis 4rum will hav to pay zillions of $ass..
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by gyftnkechi: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I make mistakes almost everyday but i don't hold any political office. Political office holders are saddled with the responsibility of being civil with their countenance and choice of words. The onyl reason you're having a soft spot for Osho is because of his party affiliation. Had it been Jonathan that told someone to go and die, we won't hear the last of it. Let's learn to speak the truth irrpective of what political divide we align with.
God bless u Afam,when u hold any political position,u mind whatever you say because its been capture nd will never be forgotten,well I never expected d Gov 2 say so becuse he is sum1 who I respect soo much.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by crackhouse(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
I am so happy to hear this. even though I don't know her but I am glad she was made to feel at home. thanks oshioo baba.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Wahala90: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2013
sbaks: Its too late. Looks like hypocrisy to me. He probably spoke his mind when he told her to 'go and die' which in turn may mean he is not interested in the lives of his people(probably 'o'!) what has he even done in edo state? anyway the devil you know (pdp) is better than the angel you dont know (apc). Edo people ponder over this statement and vote wisely. GOD bless you all

He spoke his mind when he said "go and die"? So whose mind did he speak when he said "I am sorry"? You even have the guts to question Adam's concern for his people while in the true sense, it is his burning concern to make Edo state a better place that led to his reaction, seeing somebody trying to sabotage his efforts. Mumu advocate. I say to you, "Go and Die!"

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by gtrust: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
plaindealer:

Maybe the other was offered but turned it down because he's not a tea drinker or just didn't feel like drinking.

Ever though about that?

Quit troubling your limited brain..

Plaindealer!
My sincere apology from the bottom of my heart to you and the governor!
After watching the video (towards the end of the video) I saw the son's and daughter's tea-cups on the side-stool.

It's not all my fault because if not for the video I would have stood firm on my assumptions.

So, I have given you my sincere word of apology (and I mean it)
However, the photographer has to give you the Naira 2,000,000 (in brown envelope) because he took a very bad picture

As an official photographer you have to make sure everybody and everything are adjusted before taking shots otherwise you retake, abi
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Wahala90: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
akah.p:
dont tink ur xo smart, ur jst a hypocrite. 'sincere apology' indeed!! Wia waz al dis 'truthful remorse nd nice gestures' of his b4 pdp made d move d made, he 4get it rite. U wil agri wit me dat al wat his doing naw is damage control, unless ur bent on being silly.

You need a daft-control pill.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by bong4(m): 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I make mistakes almost everyday but i don't hold any political office. Political office holders are saddled with the responsibility of being civil with their countenance and choice of words. The onyl reason you're having a soft spot for Osho is because of his party affiliation. Had it been Jonathan that told someone to go and die, we won't hear the last of it. Let's learn to speak the truth irrespective of what political divide we align with.

My dear, what the governor did initially was wrong though out of anger and he has remedied it by apologising. PDP only tried to play politics with the situation which is wrong. PDP on a daily basis tells Nigerians to go and die by their actions and that is why they are called Papa Deceiving Pickin.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by gothrones(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Abeg make the governor come insult me o. Curse me wella. Just ready my ₦2 million check; datz all.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Stevosty: 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
2 million and a job, kai. God direct my path.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by blocker: 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin Oshomole too na widower.I won't be surprised if dem later marry. Nairaland go come post "Oshomole marries his go-and-die heartthrob". All in favour of this fairytale wedding say I.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Babasessy(m): 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gov. Fashola, Lagos state governor (APC) deported/relocated some of our Igbo brothers constituting nuisance in Lagos, but apologised

Gov. Oshiomole, Edo State governor (APC) made provocative outburst "Go and Die" to the widow, Mrs Joy Ifije, but apologised with 2million token

These breed of APC political office holders sure have something uncommon in our political terrain, by heeding to the voice of reason and tendering unreserved apologies for their perceived mistakes. I hope politicians from the other divide would take a cue from this.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Jenkizo: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
To air is human and to forgive is divine. With all said and done, I think Oshiomole is one of the best Governor to have ruled a state in Nigeria. It takes a humble Governor to come down from his high house and apologise with such kind gesture. As for PDP, no matter how they politicise this issue, the Edo people will never accept them back again because we know what they are capable of doing with state funds. Abia State Governor Ochendo dimolish Umuahia main market at same time sending so many people to their early grave but nobody complain. It's funny the extent PDP can go to play politics with petty issues. Why can't PDP comes from the angle of achievement rather than dwelling on Governors utterances. In Abia State you dare not even have the guts to tell the governor that you are a widow, you will be dead before he pronounces ''Go and Die''. To air is human but to forgive is divine.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by akahp(m): 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

Ok I am only going to warn you ONCE. Believe me you do not want to go down this lane with me. The next time you choose to engage me with insults, you will not like me very much.

Have a nice day!
nobody is engaging u wit insults, gat no time 4dat sh1t. Am jst tryn 2mek us luk rational....nd i bet u, u dont av any ansa 2dat question.....nd i tink dat does it.....farewell. Nd pls do ursef a favour by not qouting me agn unles ur ready 2defend ur course 2d end
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by akahp(m): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wahala90:

You need a daft-control pill.
nd 2tink dat ur yet 2b reasonable in dis 21st century is highly pathetic
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Joel3(m): 12:45am On Dec 03, 2013
good news. although this don't work for me. as it still don't change the fact of who he is. but donating two million is good to correct some mistakes and misconception. he might not be able to win the heart of everybody on this gesture? but atleast it will go a long way to be able win some of the populist.

Next?
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:03am On Dec 03, 2013
We should learn something from this :

we should always think before we talk (even here on NL) because once words leave your mouth, it cannot be retracted

Don't wait until u are a governor, because the truth is that oshio must have been using such words not knowing the implications. I personally don't believe he meant much harm - it's probably a phrase he uses everyday.

But The truth is that, no matter what oshio does for the woman, he cannot take back the insults he melted to her.

He will always be associated with the word 'go and die' just as GEJ is with 'I don't give a damn'

Btw, a lot of ppl heard about the video/insult but not much will hear about this apology - such is life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

MACBAN: No More Night Grazing, Underaged Grazing In South-west / How Abba Kyari Offended America’s Interest In Hushpuppi MultimillionDollar Fraud / Betta Edu Arrives EFCC Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.