Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow (693 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Obiano's Donates House & Borehole To Widow (with Pix) / Fashola Donates Flat To Widow Of Lastma Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Monday donated two million naira to a widow he allegedly insulted while on an inspection tour of the state.

The widow, Mrs Joy Ifije, who was invited to the Edo Government House by the governor, was also offered automatic employment by Oshiomhole.

Oshiomhole had invited the widow to personally apologise to her over his uncomplimentary remark that had generated controversies in the conventional and social media in the last few weeks.

‘’ Let me apologise to you for the way I spoke to you, I am very sorry about the statement.

“I have also realised that even in anger, one could still achieve the same result that he set out to without provocative outburst.

‘’ I apologise from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes you get angry when people compromise your efforts.’’

He said that government was trying to change the face of the state capital by doing its best to make the city beautiful.

The governor said that it was frustrating and bad for some people to truncate government efforts.

He stressed that trading on the road and walk ways could hinder free flow of traffic as well as cause accidents.

Oshiomhole, therefore, appeal to the widow to join in the campaign against road and walkways trading.

The governor said that exposing consumables to unhygienic sanitary conditions could also cause ”disease and pose dangerous health hazards to humans”.

Oshiomhole, who also announced the automatic employment to the widow, said that the employment would help her ease the burden of widowhood and give her children good and proper education.

He further assured the widow that his family would assist the widow’s second child in furthering his education, while also appealing to her to resist the temptation of law breaking.

The widow had earlier apologised to the governor for her action, saying ‘’ I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg when I realised I was face to face with the Governor’’.

She promised to work with the state government in its campaign against street trading and obstruction.

She also promised to make judicious use of the money donated to her by the governor.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oshiomhole-donates-n2m-to-widow/
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Harmvirus(f): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Finally.good for the woman sha
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by geeez: 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
I'm sure she will accept the apology and bless God for the day Oshiomole insulted her
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Harmvirus(f): 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
geeez: I'm sure she will accept the apology and bless God for the day Oshiomole insulted her
cheesy cheesy True
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
o lord i look up to thee...make my case better dan dat of this woman, uplift me, give me hope where i am hopeless, provide for me, lift me up, from grass to grace will b my portion and everybody wu say amen to dis post...
IJN I PRAY....AMEN

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by OMAJE4: 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
If he actually apologised to her personally then thats commendable but Oshiomhole must stop justifying his action by claiming the widow indulged in street trading, She didnt. It doesnt matter if she's been made to admit doing some kind of wrong to trigger the Governors wrath but its evident She wasnt trading but only waiting for a bus to pick her wares and her supposed crime was keeping her goods at the side of the road which clearly isnt street trading.
Genuine repentance can only come when we admit our mistakes wholeheartedly and seek forgiveness. Someone please tell that to Osho, the woman may be happy and better off today but we still know there's an arrogant and unrepentant tyrant in Edo state govt house.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Arosa(m): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oshoi baba is such a good man, may God bless him the more. Amen.
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by egift(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
God bless the Man-Of-The-People! PDP could not even manage a free opportunity. Gov. Adams keep up the good work.

Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
c d wey politics change dis woman life forever....
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by wasak(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
okay.
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by abuc: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by kokoA(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
olatunji21: o lord i look up to thee...make my case better dan dat of this woman, uplift me, give me hope where i am hopeless, provide for me, lift me up, from grass to grace will b my portion and everybody wu say amen to dis post...
IJN I PRAY....AMEN
but you ready to collect slap? grin you think say 2mill easy to get? Go ask the woman wetin her eyes see first.
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
kokoA: but you ready to collect slap? grin you think say 2mill easy to get? Go ask the woman wetin her eyes see first.
bros slap na small tin ooo...come a.j come c slap na dat time u go knw difference btw ajepako and butty slapp....i ready to naked gan self 2milla no b small tin ooo
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by tmtech: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wareva..........no amount of money can clean off such public mess.........stone age gov....u shud be informed nw that ur phone can do more that texting n calling.......internet is nw in vogue and widely used......cos u may out of anger atempt to rape or commit other inhuman acts.....jst do it off camera....I lost the much respect I av for u the moment I saw that degrading Footage...... A leader has to be careful no mater the situation....if u try that in a developed country....u wud av probably been force to bid ur political career bye.....compensating the helpless widow with state money will never erase ur ruthlessness from the mind of pple.......
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
tm-tech:
Wareva..........no amount of money can clean off such public mess.........stone age gov....u shud be informed nw that ur phone can do more that texting n calling.......internet is nw in vogue and widely used......cos u may out of anger atempt to rape or commit other inhuman acts.....jst do it off camera....I lost the much respect I av for u the moment I saw that degrading Footage...... A leader has to be careful no mater the situation....if u try that in a developed country....u wud av probably been force to bid ur political career bye.....compensating the helpless widow with state money will never erase ur ruthlessness from the mind of pple.......
in any situation u find urself jst say...
ALIAMDULILAHI...
public mess or nt, d woman life don beta for real
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by oluwashaddow(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
thank God for internet, better late than never though.......

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the
aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
Re: Breaking News: Oshiomhole Donate 2m To Widow by Afam4eva(m): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2013

(1)

President Jonathan Using Ecological Fund To Dispense Favour To Cronies - APC" - / Letter To Jonathan: Nigerians Gun Down Obasanjo / North Korea Excutes Kim Jong's Uncle..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.