Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members (1191 Views)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has accused the federal government of taking money round campuses to influence some lecturers to abandon the six-month old strike embarked upon by the union.

Making this allegation during a television programme, the chairman of the University of Lagos chapter of ASUU, Karo Ogbinaka, said the union was aware that some agents of the government have been going round the campuses to influence lecturers to abandon the strike.

Ogbinaka condemned the federal government for trying to break the strike by trying to influence some lecturers rather than addressing the issues. “Government is just changing its tactics by bribing members to break the strike. That won’t resolve the issue. Rather than address the issue, they are attempting to break the strike,” he said.

A congress scheduled for today by the Union at UNILAG was shifted till tomorrow to address this and other issues. Ogbinaka said the move to break the ranks of the lecturers by influencing them with money will fail.

He also flayed the government for sponsoring market women to protest against the striking lecturers. Ogbinaka said the move will ultimately fail because the lecturers are resolute.

The federal government last week issued the university lecturers a 4 December ultimatum to resume classes or be sacked. But ASUU described the threat as a big joke.

The union has asked parents to ignore government’s directive for students to resume at their various universities because lecturers are still on strike.

The union asked parents to keep their children at home pending the resolution of the dispute between the government and the lecturers.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/02/ASUU-alleges-bribe-of-members/
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by emmabowin(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
This ish is getting more serious.in order news.Uniben students should pack their bags and baggages as school management reopens gate for academic activities
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by anselm791(m): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
This is politics my friend? Not some intellectual university debate, if you can't play the game, call off the strike and sell your hand outs.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by atlwireles: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
If ASUU members can be bribed to abandon their strike, what should Nigerians take from such group of people. Karo, keep fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by joseph1832(m): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
This will not be the first time government have tried to bribe their way out...
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by lebienconnu: 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
if nassir faggoti turns out to a member of boko haram, i wont be surprised.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Enegod(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
le bien connu: if nassir faggoti turns out to a member of boko haram, i wont be surprised.
grin
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
Anything goes

Highest bidder wins

Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
le bien connu: if nassir faggoti turns out to a member of boko haram, i wont be surprised.
LOL! The guy's looks anytime he is being interviewed is always stern. He has a striking resemblance with Yar'adua too grin grin
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Brimmie(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nawa oo
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Odunharry(m): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
wtn we no go hear?anyway im nt suprise
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by chymystique(f): 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
Enegod: grin

U r smiling cos u ve graduated
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Jman06(m): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
The real lecturers are already fed up with the strike. I was chating with an obviously furious lecturer this morning and he lambasted ASUU executives for making the strike last longer than necessary. The man who's a senior lecturer and an active member of the local chapter of ASUU in one of the federal government owned universities raised alot of issues which bothered on 1. The political gains which the general ASUU executives are deriving from prolonging the strike 2. The possibility of Prof. Iyayi's death being a set up by the general ASUU excos to eliminate the man who was a no nonsense man and could constitute a stumbling block should ASUU excos want to ''Shake hands'' with the FG. 3. The enraged Don also said that the list of lecturers,their ranks and extracurricular responsibilities presented by ASUU to FG for payment of earned allowances was overblown as ASUU never did any thorough verification of the lecturers before cooking up the list. And having noticed the fraud,the FG is not in a hurry to pay the earned allowances until it carries out a thorough verification of the lecturers hence the need for ASUU to first suspend the strike. From what i gathered so far about this strike,there's more to it than meet the eyes.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Funpeter: 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Imanuelle: Anything goes

Highest bidder wins
imma will pm you need to talk cos i don't ave your number again or better still u cn whatsapp me tanks.
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Osgilliat(m): 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
When parent start to protest now ASUU will say that parents were also bribed.even a common sense will tell that this strike adventure of ASUU is affecting the market women.
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by cumpaddre(m): 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
berem: He has a striking resemblance with Yar'adua too grin grin
I thought I'm d only 1 dat has noticed this. Well, it doesn't stop him from being a wicked gay! Unemployment market beckons angry
Re: ASUU Alleges Bribe Of Members by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU abeg call off the strike,before thunder strike you. its long over due,except we want to deceive ourself,before you know,na only ASUU president go remain for the strike,I trust my 9ja people,they can betray,and make u-turn in decision.

(1) (Reply)

I Parted Ways With Jonathan For His Insincerity – Femi Fani-Kayode / So,nigerian Army Now Politicians!!! To Rig Osun Pools For Pdp/ Jonathan / BBC BREAKING - Nigeria Kano Blast: Boko Haram Blamed For Six Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.