Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Contradictions. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions. (2268 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Great Bible Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contradictions. by TheHarbinger(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
DK Jaleel:
he was claiming there is no experiment or evidence to prove evolution, and i tried telling him one of d most obvious examples in recent times..
Imagine him saying mosquito is the causative agent for malaria...and mosquito has adapted to quinine...that guy is a dunce...
so a mistake misplacing plasmodium for "mosquito" is what is making you dance around and feel yourself like this? Lol.

Childish.
Pathetic.
Re: Contradictions. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
Kay 17: @joshthefirst

Interesting OP and keen eyes.

However there are foundational diggings that must be made.

How do you define kind?

Will your definition of kind cut across species or is kind the equivalent of species to you?

the Nigga's been banned for 2 days for derailing the complaints thread. grin

Guess this section needs the break. grin
Re: Contradictions. by wiegraf: 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Joshthefirst: when did I imply this happens within a generation? It seems you are the one with special needs.

Maybe you didn't even read the op. Its good to read the op wiegraf before lashing out in butthurt because of a belief scientists hold to be true today without scientific proof.

Ah, I see. I gave you too much credit. You don't even know what bu.tthurt is. You haters will grasp any straw....

Anyways, you're confused as to how this

Could become this?

^This under 5,000 years of artificial selection

You're confused as to how nature, given thousands, or hundreds of thousands, or millions, or hundred of millions of years could invoke even more drastic changes?

The question should be "why wouldn't new species evolve?", not the other way round.

Same way you clowns love to claim entropy means evolution is impossible. Erm, no. It means nature must always interact, never staying stable. It means evolution must occur, of all sorts of systems. Nature must always mix and match, nothing is stable, that is what makes this universe tick. Eventually entropy will make everything useless as far as we're concerned, but we're a long, looooooonng way away from that.

And it seems you're even denying shared ancestry and DNA evidence, vestigials and evolution of microorganisms in labs smiley

But jewish man less than 6,000 years ago tricked by talking snake? Yeah, much more plausible and scientific.

No one has seen a species evolve, therefore it isn't science...... Did you watch the planet evolve, bros? So astronomy, paleontolgy, etc aren't science. Actually, what in the world makes you, great pupil of answeringgenesis, know better than 99% of proffessional scientists involved with biology as to what science is? The bible?

Kayi..

Note; You're right about one thing though, finally the broken clock is correct. Obviously, I don't really pay attention to what you post.....

2 Likes

Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
wiegraf:

Ah, I see. I gave you too much credit. You don't even know what bu.tthurt is. You haters will grasp any straw....

Anyways, you're confused as to how this

Could become this?

^This under 5,000 years of artificial selection

You're confused as to how nature, given thousands, or hundreds of thousands, or millions, or hundred of millions of years could invoke even more drastic changes?

The question should be "why wouldn't new species evolve?", not the other way round.

Same way you clowns love to claim entropy means evolution is impossible. Erm, no. It means nature must always interact, never staying stable. It means evolution must occur, of all sorts of systems. Nature must always mix and match, nothing is stable, that is what makes this universe tick. Eventually entropy will make everything useless as far as we're concerned, but we're a long, looooooonng way away from that.

And it seems you're even denying shared ancestry and DNA evidence, [size=20pt]vestigials[/size] and evolution of microorganisms in labs smiley

But jewish man less than 6,000 years ago tricked by talking snake? Yeah, much more plausible and scientific.

No one has seen a species evolve, therefore it isn't science...... Did you watch the planet evolve, bros? So astronomy, paleontolgy, etc aren't science. Actually, what in the world makes you, great pupil of answeringgenesis, know better than 99% of proffessional scientists involved with biology as to what science is? The bible?

Kayi..

Note; You're right about one thing though, finally the broken clock is correct. Obviously, I don't really pay attention to what you post.....
sorry, I skimmed your post. You make even less sense these days. I don't bother sometimes. Just look at the enlarged. Just proves you'd still grab at crap to sound good to yourself. grin
Re: Contradictions. by wiegraf: 1:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry, I skimmed your post. You make even less sense these days. I don't bother sometimes. Just look at the enlarged. Just proves you'd still grab at crap to sound good to yourself. grin

So, vestigials don't exist?

Thank you, kind ser
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
wiegraf:

So, vestigials don't exist?

Thank you, kind ser
Re: Contradictions. by MrTroll(m): 1:47am On Dec 07, 2013
una de waste una time. the guy say im no go ever accept the theory. I wonder who he fancies himself to be. no gree na, e concern me?
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 3:48am On Dec 07, 2013
Mr Troll: una de waste una time. the guy say im no go ever accept the theory. I wonder who he fancies himself to be. no gree na, e concern me?
grin

1 Like

Re: Contradictions. by Kay17: 7:11am On Dec 07, 2013
@joshthefirst

Does your definition of "kind" cover just a species or several species?
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kay 17: @joshthefirst

Does your definition of "kind" cover just a species or several species?
several species.

1 Like

Re: Contradictions. by Kay17: 10:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: several species.

Sorry for the late response.

Humans are homo sapiens -- a specie

It is very possible, for humans to have a evolutionary relationship with other apes, and possibly homo erectus, homo habilis etc. In so far they are of the same kind, which obviously they shld.
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Sorry for the late response.

Humans are homo sapiens -- a specie

It is very possible, for humans to have a evolutionary relationship with other apes, and possibly homo erectus, homo habilis etc. In so far they are of the same kind, which obviously they shld.
what kind of relationship then do you speak of? Be specific.

Homo erectus and homo habilis cannot be of the same kind. Kinds reproduce, as the excerpt states.
Re: Contradictions. by Areaboy2(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
Josh, the more you waste your time fighting evolution, the more silly you make yourself look. You cannot base 90% of your arguements from works of people that pre-concluded evolution was bogus before researching. Open your eyes and your mind.

Evolution does nothing to your religion if that's what you are afraid of. The catholic church accepts it and they are doing fine. better than your money hungry, evil minded, deceitful MOG's.

Organisms evolve, and this is fact. Since we accept this, and we are just complex organisms, it means we too must have evolved or still evolving.
If you don't accept my premise, next time you get malaria (hoping you don't), please go find malaria drugs from the 80's and see if you will live to talk about evolution.

The main issue is the origin of first life.. stick to that and maybe you'll at least sound a little smarter.

Thank me later
Re: Contradictions. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Area_boy:
The main issue is the origin of first life.. stick to that and maybe you'll at least sound a little smarter.
Indeed.

Long time Bro. Merry Xmas in advance.
Re: Contradictions. by Areaboy2(m): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
aManFromMars:
Indeed.

Long time Bro. Merry Xmas in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays in advance to you too bro.. I've been away on a job for a weeks now. Bored, tired, cold and wana go home sad.

Normally i'll just eat up josh at his ignorance but i'm even too tired for that right now lol.. na to leave am enjoy all of it.. you know they say it's bliss? cheesy
Re: Contradictions. by Kay17: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
Joshthefirst: what kind of relationship then do you speak of? Be specific.

Homo erectus and homo habilis cannot be of the same kind. Kinds reproduce, as the excerpt states.

I mean an ancestorial relationship.

Point out a species that reproduces another of their same kind.
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
Area_boy: Josh, the more you waste your time fighting evolution, the more silly you make yourself look. You cannot base 90% of your arguements from works of people that pre-concluded evolution was bogus before researching. Open your eyes and your mind.

Evolution does nothing to your religion if that's what you are afraid of. The catholic church accepts it and they are doing fine. better than your money hungry, evil minded, deceitful MOG's.

Organisms evolve, and this is fact. Since we accept this, and we are just complex organisms, it means we too must have evolved or still evolving.
If you don't accept my premise, next time you get malaria (hoping you don't), please go find malaria drugs from the 80's and see if you will live to talk about evolution.

Thank me later
you're repeating the same nonsense lb said.
Why would I bother about sounding smart to you? You're definition of smart is my definition(and more so, God's definition) of utter foolishness.

Ps, evolution cannot and will never mix with the bible. Once we try to reconcile the two, we end up like the evolutionists: confused, listless.
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2013
Kay 17:

I mean an ancestorial relationship.

Point out a species that reproduces another of their same kind.
killer bees are hybrids of different bee species.
Re: Contradictions. by Kay17: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
^^
I meant naturally, without human intervention
Re: Contradictions. by MrTroll(m): 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
Josh, this is in good faith.

take it or leave it... http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

1 Like

Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mr Troll: Josh, this is in good faith.

take it or leave it... http://evolution.berkeley.edu/
Kay 17: ^^
I meant naturally, without human intervention
don't get me wrong guys;
I agree with speciation and most aspects of the theory, its proved. but I do not agree with the assumptions of a common ancestor and man's origin(not just the origin of life)

I know adaptation takes place, but that adaptation and speciation will lead to other diverse kinds of organisms arising, like pisces becoming amphibians and reptalia becoming aves is not coherent. It is preposterous and stupid.

Of course speciation takes place. Even the bible says that God placed a parent kind group of each living thing and allowed them to reproduce. They reproduced and became diverse and adapted to different kinds of environments over the years, but each kind-group had ancestors. There were old species of birds suited to the environment of then. But to say that every single species on earth, every kind on earth descended from the same ancestor, and that there has been a gradual change of kind over the ages is a blind leap of unreasonable faith I am not willing to believe. Simple.

@Kay: what is unnatural about the killer bee hybrid?
They were introduced into new environments and reproduced with the local bees.
Re: Contradictions. by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: don't get me wrong guys;
I agree with speciation and most aspects of the theory, its proved. but I do not agree with the assumptions of a common ancestor and man's origin(not just the origin of life)

I know adaptation takes place, but that adaptation and speciation will lead to other diverse kinds of organisms arising, like pisces becoming amphibians and reptalia becoming aves is not coherent. It is preposterous and stupid.

Of course speciation takes place. Even the bible says that God placed a parent kind group of each living thing and allowed them to reproduce. They reproduced and became diverse and adapted to different kinds of environments over the years, but each kind-group had ancestors. There were old species of birds suited to the environment of then. But to say that every single species on earth, every kind on earth descended from the same ancestor, and that there has been a gradual change of kind over the ages is a blind leap of unreasonable faith I am not willing to believe. Simple.

@Kay: what is unnatural about the killer bee hybrid?
They were introduced into new environments and reproduced with the local bees.

You agree with speciation but not common descent Speciation in terms of humans would mean what?

I give up. You are silly
Re: Contradictions. by MrTroll(m): 12:26am On Dec 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

You agree with speciation but not common descent Speciation in terms of humans would mean what?

I give up. You are silly

answersingenesis has not agreed yet... wink
Re: Contradictions. by Kay17: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2013
@joshthefirst,

Let me make it easier, can a specie of dog reproduced another specie of dog within the same kind without any hybridization and human intervention.
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2013
Hybridization will almost always be the result of cross species reproduction.

Different species may not produce viable offspring(wolves and domestic dogs can do so, but will not naturally because of different behaviours and ecological niches I think)

So different species will not reproduce(generally) without human intervention.

But my point is that in all the different species we have of say birds today, from the ostrich to the harpee, they are all birds(of the bird kind), and they will continue to be birds.
Re: Contradictions. by MrTroll(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2013
Josh, is a crocodile a reptile or an amphibian?

furthermore, have you gone through the link I gave you?
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:44am On Dec 17, 2013
Mr Troll: Josh, is a crocodile a reptile or an amphibian?

furthermore, have you gone through the link I gave you?
went through some of the link. A croc is a reptile.
Re: Contradictions. by Kay17: 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: Hybridization will almost always be the result of cross species reproduction.

Different species may not produce viable offspring(wolves and domestic dogs can do so, but will not naturally because of different behaviours and ecological niches I think)

So different species will not reproduce(generally) without human intervention.

But my point is that in all the different species we have of say birds today, from the ostrich to the harpee, they are all birds(of the bird kind), and they will continue to be birds.

Joshthefirst

Iwas not talking about hybridization. You said earlier that animals reproduce offsprings of their kind. You admitted there can be a number of species within a kind. Hence I'm tempted to ask: can an animal from a specie reproduce an offspring of a different specie but of the same kind. Example, a chicken having an eagle as its offspring WITHOUT hybridization.
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kay 17:

Joshthefirst

Iwas not talking about hybridization. You said earlier that animals reproduce offsprings of their kind. You admitted there can be a number of species within a kind. Hence I'm tempted to ask: can an animal from a specie reproduce an offspring of a different specie but of the same kind. Example, a chicken having an eagle as its offspring WITHOUT hybridization.
grin grin grin

Chicken-eagle direct offspring reproduction is ridiculous na. What I meant is that speciation occurs, but speciation is on the boundaries of kind and cannot overrun that boundary.

What I meant is that no matter the variation or adaptation or speciation a kind-group of organisms undergo, they will still remain under the said kind group; birds will remain birds, toads will remain toads. It is ridiculous to assume that kinds change over the years.
Re: Contradictions. by MrTroll(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: went through some of the link. A croc is a reptile.
Do you agree that reptiles actually evolved from amphibians?

Do you agree that the term 'species' is not as distinct as you may think? that it is just a human term of convenience?
Re: Contradictions. by Joshthefirst(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mr Troll: Do you agree that reptiles actually evolved from amphibians?
I do not

Mr Troll: Do you agree that the term 'species' is not as distinct as you may think? that it is just a human term of convenience?
yes. Classification is for human convenience.
Re: Contradictions. by MrTroll(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
Joshthefirst: I do not

yes. Classification is for human convenience.
lol. do you see any contradiction in your 2 replies now?

what if I show you some evidence that the reptiles evolved from early amphibians?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? - The Huffington Post / 1st Loveworld International Music And Arts Awards 2016 With Pastor Chris / Why Does The Bible Condemn The Rich And Encourage You To Be Poor Instead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.