Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,609 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! (10741 Views)

Photo Of A Danfo With Gotv Antenna In Lagos / Graphic Pics: Passengers In Danfo Bus Badly Burnt After Fuel Stored Exploded / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Lands On Danfo Bus [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by sureway1(m): 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
you no dey enter brt, molue, Danfo and you live in Lagos you dey miss alot...
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by gidzbobby: 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hate seating close to female passengers with big boobs and male passengers with smelly sweat..
For the big boobs lady, all they do most times is cross their hands behind ur back and before u know it, the object is hitting ma elbow... Disgusts me a lot. I rather sit in front.. And every sunday, I ask ma church head-usher, to help me with change...
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Deiok(m): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
asala1:

Guy, the 'o' button is very far away from '0' button. One is a number, the other is an alphabet, stop interchanging them. It can be annoying.
i tire for the guy ooo.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by kkjoy(f): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
when you are well dressed for an occassion especially wearing white, and a pepper seller from mile 12 sits beside u wit her basket full of pepper and tomatoe
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by mrlaw93(m): 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Danfo is beta jare.. if u neva enter Molue b4 u re nt a Lagosian.. posting dis frm one..#StandingTinz

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by miqos02(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
kkjoy: when you are well dressed for an occassion especially wearing white, and a pepper seller from mile 12 sits beside u wit her basket full of pepper and tomatoe
this one na ogbonge matter
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by sonickay(m): 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
"Danfo" rides can be very pleasant to long distance locations or journeys. However, the ride can be menacing if it is a short or not too long trip within a metropolis.
Apart from the points raised by the Op, other points make "danfo" rides unpleasant for me. First, danfos have too much "multiple bus-stops", dey can pick up forty people and drop thirtu people within a short distance of three kilometers. This leads to loss of time as well as the incessant "I drop, you enter, you shift" palapala inconveniences.

Secondly, danfo drivers are known and notorious for their reckless driving manners, no wonder it is widely said that psychology tests shud be conducted for the drivers. They drive like "experts", they can drive and undrive. I am always alarmed at the way they drive as well as the constant curse they receive from other road users.

Lastly, I am a law student, I wear my usually regalia most times. Therefore I avoid danfos and take cabs or keke during those times. Anytime I take danfo and dressed as such, I end up with my clothes looking rumpled and brownish on getting to office. This makes me feel bad as if Its an abuse of the profession.

You see, the fear of danfos is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by vIQtoOor(m): 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
caramel007: For some of us still trusting in the Lord to get our car, we have to resort to the use of the public transport to get to our various destinations.

Most times we don't enjoy this ride because their are some things that make it uncomfortable for us.

I have highlighted some of the things that pisses me off in these danfo buses.

1. I hate when the conductor doesn't have change and decides to join me with other passengers I do not know.

2. This particular one tops my list. It happens especially when tall people sit behind me and they end up poking my behind with their knees. People with bad posture also do this. It gets on my nerve especially if its a male.

3. I hate it when a conductor leans over me in a bid to collect his fares. With his usually dirty armpits and body odour that can snuff the life out of a mosquito. This happens mostly when you are sitting at the end of the seat behind the driver.

I know a lot of us have several unpalatable stories to share. These are my top three though I have several others.

Please share for our viewing pleasure.

NB: Moderator please move to the appropriate section.

then get a private car for yourself undecided
caramel007: For some of us still trusting in the Lord to get our car, we have to resort to the use of the public transport to get to our various destinations.

Most times we don't enjoy this ride because their are some things that make it uncomfortable for us.

I have highlighted some of the things that pisses me off in these danfo buses.

1. I hate when the conductor doesn't have change and decides to join me with other passengers I do not know.

2. This particular one tops my list. It happens especially when tall people sit behind me and they end up poking my behind with their knees. People with bad posture also do this. It gets on my nerve especially if its a male.

3. I hate it when a conductor leans over me in a bid to collect his fares. With his usually dirty armpits and body odour that can snuff the life out of a mosquito. This happens mostly when you are sitting at the end of the seat behind the driver.

I know a lot of us have several unpalatable stories to share. These are my top three though I have several others.

Please share for our viewing pleasure.

NB: Moderator please move to the appropriate section.

then get a private car for yourself
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by omoot: 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
Just yesterday one tore my trousers when I wanted to alight at a bus stop. They arrange the seats so close together that you hardly sit comfortably or move freely.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by pragmatistm(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
I hate when they call your bus stop before u enter but when u reach the area still far from your bus stop they just say gbogbo ero meaning all passengers must get down.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by babadem2much(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
u remind me of dis swagg, lyk otipoju, jeun lo, jeun soke, jeun seyin etc a no b yoruba man oh bt d swagg na fun lyk when a conductor will c a murano jeep n say carry dis ya srab comot 4 rood joor. lol

[quote
author=dridowu]I love danfo or public transport cos u hear diff story
from the truth to the lie, u will witness the good and
bad........................to me always fun. One of fun again is btw the
conductors and agberos, as dy are cursing dmsef u will c dm also
hailing eachother .
Double Twale
owo meji fun eyan kan
omo iya aje
olenu paaaa
etc
always fun[/quote]
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Jarus(m): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
I own an SUV but have no problem with Danfo. I use it very well.
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by RAPMAN02(m): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
grinlmao
eluquenson: They are always in a hurry to get back to their garage.....i hate it so much & that's why they bash so many cars on the road & end up begging like an orphan grin
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Ardedaryor(m): 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
gr3yb4ck: Some of them carry MAD MEN AND WOMEN and still collect money from these ppl.If uve ever sat beside one ,you knw wht I mean.

The last time it happened to me ,d lady beside me moved,to save my pride ,I had to alight at the nxt busstop,she was alraedy laughing at me.
LOL those comductors are nt smiling
I hatr it wen
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
Noisy as F%^k. In one (1) bus stop, random people will be shouting repeatedly at the top of their voices.

CMS-CMS
Osholo-Oshodi oooo
Mile 2-Mile 2
Mile 2-Agboju-Alakija-Maza Maza-First gate
Okoko-Okoko ooo
Orile-Orile
Ebute-ero Eko - Under bridge Eko
Leventis-Leventis
...and many others i can't remember.grin

Naija i hail, i miss am small sha grin grin
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Ardedaryor(m): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
gr3yb4ck: Some of them carry MAD MEN AND WOMEN and still collect money from these ppl.If uve ever sat beside one ,you knw wht I mean.

The last time it happened to me ,d lady beside me moved,to save my pride ,I had to alight at the nxt busstop,she was alraedy laughing at me.
LOL those comductors are nt smiling
I hate it wen conductor says dey dnt hav ur balance bt deu do...all dey want is for you to forget it.......bt dat wnt happen coz hav set a reminder undecided kiss undecided
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
above all...i hate sitting beside sick pple ..i hate cough and sneezing... i hate scratching... nd i hate women wid babies ....
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
above all...i hate sitting beside sick pple ..i hate cough and sneezing... i hate scratching... nd i hate women wid babies ....and painfully u find all in a danfo bus...
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
above all...i hate sitting beside sick pple ..i hate cough and sneezing... i hate scratching... nd i hate women wid babies ....and painfully u find all of d above in a danfo bus...
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lol...danfo cud be fun tho,most times I wish I understood yoruba esp wen derz an arguement
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by 24in7: 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Jarus: I own an SUv but have no problem with Danfo. I use it very well.
Sir,nobody ask d kind of car u're usin
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by slightlyMad(f): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
4reigningqueen: "wole pelu changi e, eleyi o ni changi o,o se jade nio."

oh my God! How i hate that statement. Now the solution is to be proactive by gathering smaller denomination or checking passengers hands to see who is giving change.

so on point
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by GentleMimi: 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
When it is raining and i'm in some of these danfo buses,i feel very sorry for myself!
Also,sitting beside a mother with four children...she will sha beg u to carry one of them.In fact,some lousy ones will just push one of the kids to ur front.
Also,those yeye passengers that feel my shoulder is a very good pillow.What the... They no they sleep for house? I'll just use style to push them away!
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by GentleMimi: 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Jarus: I own an SUV but have no problem with Danfo. I use it very well.
I just have a crazy feeling that u do not own an SUV....not even a tuk-tuk maruwa.You just had to mention a brand name.Choi! Na ur type i dey use elbow push commot for bus stop! grin
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by eluquenson(m): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
I hate Danfo cos they always run as if they want to Go & Die
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by GetGuide: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
op sorry ooo
you just have to deal with it
pray hard and God will answer

me i pray and my car has arrived cool cool cool cool

Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Onyiido: 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
Naim be say we wey dey abj dey enjoy wella
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Freegud(m): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
na danfo una day talk? if u neva enta BRT, MOLOEA, TATA dat means u neva enta EKO be dat.... girls 2 day pretend after den go use their eye's day flash driverna danfo una day talk? if u neva enta BRT, MOLOEA, TATA dat means u neva enta EKO be dat.... girls 2 day pretend after den go use their eye's day flash driverna danfo una day talk? if u neva enta BRT, MOLOEA, TATA dat means u neva enta EKO be dat.... girls 2 day pretend after den go use their eye's day flash driver
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
If u love real life dramas, u will love danfo buses
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by simdam500(m): 11:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
24in7: I hate it when those dat call theirselves big girlz lap each others. Inside danfor grin grin grin
probably because it cheap... Lol... Trust me!
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by simdam500(m): 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
dridowu: I love danfo or public transport cos u hear diff story from the truth to the lie, u will witness the good and bad........................to me always fun. One of fun again is btw the conductors and agberos, as dy are cursing dmsef u will c dm also hailing eachother .
Double Twale
owo meji fun eyan kan
omo iya aje
olenu paaaa
etc
always fun
lolz not only dat... Wen it get to money matter and d other refuse to pay his due... U hear

Abi Olorun fe ba tie je...
Ogun lo ma pa e...
Ma foo oju e...
Abi ko fe da fun iyalaya e... Etc joor but it fun
Re: Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
I was coming from Sango in a nice danfo bus one day. As we were approaching Iyana ipaja bus stop, the conductor advised the driver not to 'drop' passengers at the iyana ipaja bus stop. That the police may be lurking around to arrest defaulters. Instead, the driver said the conductor shld not worry. Behold, as the conductor just opened the danfo door to drop his iyana ipaja passengers, we heard a thundering inferno!! I thought is was a bomb, everyone was jolted by the dirty slap from a soldier armed to the teeth. He bounced on the conductor from nowhere. Like whirlwind, the conductor automatically entered back into the bus as if the slap was a great hardware code. The driver zoomed off with a jet like escape velocity. There was great silence until we reached Ikeja. The conductor then burst into loud tears saying " month de sor fun yin o" in yoruba. Meaning and I warned you o! We were all so deeply sorry for him. He saw the tornado coming but his driver didn't listen. It was then people that should have 'dropped' at iyana ipaja now asked if they could drop at Ikeja....lol.. I laff everytime I remember that event. Soldier slap is something u shld never experience.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Where Is The Best Place To Respray A Car In Abuja ? / Have You Ever Ran Out Of Gas While Driving? / Singapore To Stop Adding Cars To City From February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.