Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,548 members, 7,847,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:12 PM

Today Is World Disability Day - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World Disability Day (3671 Views)

Today Is World Malaria Day - End Malaria For Good. / Today Is World Health Day, Theme: Beat Diabetes / Today Is World AIDS Day: Do You Know Your HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Popowaa: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
youngprofdguru:

I Love dis man Thanks for d advice n d quote
welcomesmileysmileysmiley
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by jagabanare(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Alikaxon: If u are not disabled, u have a reason to thank God. Click like if u re not disabled...

What is this one saying? Those that are disabled you not thank God ba? I think you want people to like your post that was why you said they should click like
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by jagabanare(m): 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Alikaxon: If u are not disabled, u have a reason to thank God. Click like if u re not disabled...

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Youngfrank: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
Rili love them all...... still thanks to God for their lives
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by lollysho(f): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
Disability is the inability to be productive. We often get it wrong when we take inability of an organ or a part of the body to function as disability. What do you think when you see an able body man beg for money on the street? what comes to your mind when you see an healthy man push a physically challenged man in a truck to beg for money, don't you think these people are disabled in the mind? Do you now marvel when you see a physically challenged person do amazing things

Any individual who is not in the right state of mind either mentally or psychologically is disabled. So to my physically challenged friends, you are not DISABLED. Your ability/strength to do exploit is not locked within those blind eyes, neither is it redundant due to those deaf ears or inability to communicate verbally nor is it hidden in those lame legs; it is in your MIND. Learn from Victor Oteri, Cobhams Asuquo, Yinka Ayefele and the likes. You are able......be POSITIVE!!

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Disability Day by rattlesnake(m): 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
9PM...shebi na ICEPRINCE PERFORM wihou shoes dey una head before
yeye
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
bebe2: this is where nigeria has failed totally. i bet they dnt even know how many of their citizen are disabled.

and not are all disability are visible, an example of this is Autism. only their behaviour will give it away, but if
they are unlucky to be born in africa then they will probably be beaten to death for being too stubborn not knowing they dnt understand wat u expect of them. cry cry cry

they govt should dedicate more funds to awareness, and a monthly allowance to help them wit living expenses, its the only way to make life easier for disabled pple. But we all know dat is the least of our govts prioty. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Not to even mention the lack of disability friendly environments. I mean both physical and mental disabilities now.
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by dungdusugyang(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
satowind: My birthday loading jooh.
sory bro...buh seems u av xter disability.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
at op we will always love u people,
we wil give harms to u people..
@op God will provide for u people...
@op today is ur day so enjoy...
@op happy ur day....
We love u people @op
i no u people were nt born like that
for God knows why
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by DonaldGenes(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sorry @Op
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by pendusky(m): 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
no wonder why i dash 3 of them who beg me of money today...
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Blackygal: 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
y d u like d man?
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is hw some dis* comes about....

Re: Today Is World Disability Day by DonaldGenes(m): 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
That reminds me, where are those Nairalander Political Hypocrites that were enthusiastically eager,willing to contribute money for the "Go and Die now turn Come and Dine", this is the time for you to come and donate your money for the Disable in this forum* darting my eyes looking for Billyonaire and co
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
olala32: at op we will always love u people,
we wil give harms to u people..
@op God will provide for u people...
@op today is ur day so enjoy...
@op happy ur day....
We love u people @op
i no u people were nt born like that
for God knows why

Thanks Ola for d Love but am not disabled just wanna show dem Love by remembering dem today n celebrating dem.....
Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Fant(m): 1:31am On Dec 04, 2013
I am partially blind but I stopped worrying about my status cuz I realised God was using my status to do a great work in me. One of my most challenging days since birth was the day I wanted to enroll for a diploma programme in a computer institute but I was not admitted cuz they said I will be a problem to them. This made me cry, so I decided to learn it on my own. I started searching Google using my nokia 3110c phone (since I had no money to buy a PC. The short of the story is, today I own a fast growing computer institute where I have graduated hundreds of students. I am well known by my immediate environment as a professional computer operator/instructor, software and OS expert, a web development guru, etc. I am also studying History (at kaduna state university) and hardly will any day end without a call from my course mates to help with one assignment or the other. I have many testimonies which I can't share here but my advice to all people living with disabilities (as they call it) is that they should believe in themselves and rise above every challenge they may be faced with. If you think begging on the street is your destiny then it's high time you had a rethink. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Disability Day by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2013
Fant: I am partially blind but I stopped worrying about my status cuz I realised God was using my status to do a great work in me. One of my most challenging days since birth was the day I wanted to enroll for a diploma programme in a computer institute but I was not admitted cuz they said I will be a problem to them. This made me cry, so I decided to learn it on my own. I started searching Google using my nokia 3110c phone (since I had no money to buy a PC. The short of the story is, today I own a fast growing computer institute where I have graduated hundreds of students. I am well known by my immediate environment as a professional computer operator/instructor, software and OS expert, a web development guru, etc. I am also studying History (at kaduna state university) and hardly will any day end without a call from my course mates to help with one assignment or the other. I have many testimonies which I can't share here but my advice to all people living with disabilities (as they call it) is that they should believe in themselves and rise above every challenge they may be faced with. If you think begging on the street is your destiny then it's high time you had a rethink. God bless us all.

*Motivating man Thanks n I hope dey all read n learn......

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / COVID-19 Update For June 2 2021 In Nigeria / Pls I Need Help From Matured Minds And Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.