Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside (7860 Views)

Two Important Management Lessons I Learnt From A 500 Naira Note. / Project Management Lessons Learnt From Brazil 2014 World Cup / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by jumaingirl(f): 4:15am On Dec 04, 2013
Ibigo: grin

Idiot grin
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by thenairama(m): 6:06am On Dec 04, 2013
Simplified lessons on management

To be productive and successful as a manager, you not only need creativity, knowledge and a keen sense of the big picture, but also to realize the importance of observing a few procedures and following some basic common sense to promote a successful environment for co-workers and staff.

Individual Qualities

The ability to listen is an essential quality for a manager. Through positive communication, a manager can establish himself as approachable, open to new ideas and respectful of others' opinions.

Co-Workers

Receiving criticism from co-workers requires tact. Managers should support the initiative of others and be able to accept and work with their suggestions and changes.

Staff

A manager can be a role model and mentor. It is essential to observe an open-door policy, ensure that staff members have the proper tools, training and supervision, and be able to delegate tasks. It's also important to show appreciation for employees and treat them with respect.

Interviews

Projecting a professional but friendly attitude will help put the interviewee at ease, allowing her to be more open and forthcoming in her responses.

Effects

A manager should be involved with his team. Actively interacting with co-workers and employees, listening to ideas or concerns, and effectively communicating to implement changes or new procedures will keep the team focused and moving in a positive direction.
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by stalliontp(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2013
good read!
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by blackprowler: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2013
akinladejo: Nice write up and performance. But d guy Bleep up when he blindly supported GEJ on subsidy removal which till today we are yet to see one of those promised Buses they said this money will be used for.

Hey there, so if someone takes a diff position from what you would have, it means he is wrong abi? Have you wondered whether you are the one who is wrong? I know why Nigeria is backward
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by blackprowler: 9:16am On Dec 04, 2013
Peterside, I have a fav opinion of him based on scant knowledge of him. But I fear black man o. What is he into? A bank? Did he create the idea that human beings shd use banks? What original concept has black man dreamed up, nurtured and become commonplace in the world today? His "miracle workers," what have they done? I know a mediocre colleague who was employed to a management position in that IBTC. However the guy has Nigerian "politics" skill sha. I beg you guys to read up all the history of the world. Everything you see was conceived by human beings and their society supported them such that you don't think about it today. Have they become gods? No. Many of them never attended university. Our awareness here is a joke!
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by ImperfectMe(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2013
Great post and I think the age stuff will be a disadvantage to an average graduate
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by virago(f): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
Jarus: I am not talking about a billionaire given his business to a son.

It should be GIVING
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by Jarus(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
virago:

It should be GIVING

Thanks. Let me go and edit the article right away. To think I read the article more than 10 times without spotting that.
Re: 9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2013
Goodmorning Mr Jarus

Pardn me 4 digressing a bit but 'we' would very much appreciate your experienced insight as well as other distinguished fellows on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1542047/lets- discuss-learners-world#20084060

Thnx. smiley

A most articulate write up you have there. Thanks for the message wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Myths And Reality About Being A Manager / What Is The Hope Of Nigerians With Our Government Trade Test Certificate? / Is Institute Of Professional Managers And Administrators Of Nigeria Real Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.