Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54459 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Who was there wen Mary was "assumed" into heaven? Probably its an assumed assumption truly!

Or can u show it to us in the Bible??
its called the dogma of the catholic church, on the 15th of august is the feast of the assumption, on that day many years ago, mary died in the house of john and when he went to alert others he saw on the bed she lay, roses
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
Zither: How can Mary have been conceived without original sin when she was a mere human like you and I? Are you implying she was born perfect like Jesus? What gave you the impression Mary was 'designed' differently from others so that the sentence, "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" does not apply to her? She was just a mere vessel God chose to bring His Son into the world. That was her purpose on earth. Besides that, there was nothing, I repeat, nothing supernatural or divine about Mary. She was flesh and blood and was guilty of sin like others. She was among those whom Christ came to die for their sins. God is no respecter of persons. If Mary did not accept Christ as her personal Lord and saviour she would be languishing in hell. Please do away with the notion that she was conceived without 'original sin'. The Psalmist said, "behold I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me
I repeat again, o! Mary conceived without original sin pray for us who have recourse to thee. there it is. anyway u tried in making it less askew for me grin
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
its called the dogma of the catholic church, on the 15th of august is the feast of the assumption, on that day many years ago, mary died in the house of john and when he went to alert others he saw on the bed she lay, roses

again I asked for proof not explanation of the dogma...
y do u delibrately evade questions?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by herich(m): 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
first of all, no catholic bows down to Mary quote me, what we do is call genuflecting the same you do to your obas and you chiefs and even the average elderly Yoruba man or woman you see on the street. as for Mary being the way the truth and the life you said so yourself NO catholic has ever said that, because we are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God we go through his mother to INTERCEDE for us on our behalf. Mary was specially conceived without original sin you and i was born with, she was specially designed as the vessel to bring the savior into this world, as for the name Mary, you are right it could as well be Martha or even chrissy3, but it wasn't . and if you say she was just a human, y weren't YOU chosen to bring the savior into the world. i beg of you change you ideology about all this things. ignorance is bliss they say but it is stupid when you base your arguments on them.. have a nice day smiley
[color=#006600][/color] i pray your eyes will open one day. (catholics)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
I repeat again, o! Mary conceived without original sin pray for us who have recourse to thee. there it is. anyway u tried in making it less askew for me grin

Where is d proof for dis claim
Its amazing how much lies u catholics are being fed with!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by MrsAwesome: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
This is how you know those who do not study their bible and do not live by what is written therein!

Now do yourself a favour and study these verse especially the ones in bold.
John 16: 17 -33
17 Some of his disciples said to one another, "What does he mean by saying, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,' and 'Because I am going to the Father'?"

18 They kept asking, "What does he mean by 'a little while'? We don't understand what he is saying."

19 Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, "Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me'?

20 I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

25 "Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

26 In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.

27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

28 I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."

29 Then Jesus' disciples said, "Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech.

30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God."

31 "You believe at last!" Jesus answered.

32 "But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Poster..I was asking a question..probably you think am part of your fold ......at least I wasn't threatened with hell fire.
He taught a prayer excluding his name and somewhere some other writer gave an account of how he told his followers to pray in his name....right . These writers lived in different times and their compilations sort of discrediting each other. " He lives in me and I in him ".......bitheism or polytheism......two Gods + the spirit....
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
735 i:

Well...that's my fvcking problem.
And i do have a choice...God gave me the freedom to choose between good and evil....
Not everything is written in the bible; the little you have in the bible is written; that you may believe...
So Peter didn't bow to Mary? Who said he did?
Did Peter marry and divorce more than 1 wife?
Did Peter make his hair like your "pastors" ?

If i choose to honour Mary ;It's my problem! not yours
I'm sure you have yours; go fix 'em!!!
By your logic, why are you at arms when Okotie choose to say all Catholics would go to hell? Ah... I know...
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ericsdm55: Please can you tell me how the blessed Mary was conceived without the original sin as you pointed out? Or were you mistaken her for Christ?
no im not mistaking her for Christ. it is in the dogma of the catholic church........ And [the angel Gabriel] came to [Mary] and said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!" But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God." (Luke 1:28-30).. this dogma teaches that the word immaculate conception actually relates to the conception of our mother mary not Mary's conception of jesus (virginal conception)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by BITEXXX(m): 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
Although i felt that pastor chris is a little bit harsh on the way he put it across to d catholics.but truth must b told,since ever before now,i ve strong conviction that catholism is a religion and nt part of christianity at all.where n which chapter of the bible ll u find hail mary or honour mary,or mary pray for us.the bible says honour your father and your mother that u may live long.the bible equally says there is only one mediator between man and God and that is jesus christ.the bible also put it that there is no other way through wch a man could be safe accept tru christ.that under heaven and earth there is no other name given tru wch a man could be save accept jesus.mary has no place in d salvation of mankind.only jesus died on the cross that u may b save.so i include mary in ur prayers.in our lords prayer was mary mentioned.all d disciples and saint dat came after christ no one acknowledged mary.now let me summarized dis to u,catholics-man-MARY-God. Christians-man-JESUS-God.,muslims-man-MUHAMMAD-God.The only recommends jesus as a meditor and the only through which a man can see God and obtain salvation.so pastor chris is not judging the catholics but reminding them of basic facts dat is found in bible. I stand to b challenged by any catholic who know and understand the bible.pls show me ur facts to defend d catholisms.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by oluxy(m): 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
He himself, is he sure of getting to heaven b4 he start judging who go to heaven or not. He has forgotten his past?
I don't know wht is wrong with this so called pastor that often bring theirselves out like 8days babies. Must he mention church; can't he just past the msg without mentioning names. How long would Okotie keep fighting churches, not long he fought with Redeem baba, and also other churches..
I guess too forwardism has entangled with that man that he forgot thing can be done without stirring up fight.

And for those who are in support of him criticizing catholic that they are all going to hell, are u guess God or the one that sat upon the throne? Are u guys even sure of where u in particular would be on that day wheather hell or heaven, are u sure of where u will fall that u re judging.

May God forgives u and Okotie.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Rastamann: 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Can anyone (including pastor chris) tell me what the true region is?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Zither: How can Mary have been conceived without original sin when she was a mere human like you and I? Are you implying she was born perfect like Jesus? What gave you the impression Mary was 'designed' differently from others so that the sentence, "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God" does not apply to her? She was just a mere vessel God chose to bring His Son into the world. That was her purpose on earth. Besides that, there was nothing, I repeat, nothing supernatural or divine about Mary. She was flesh and blood and was guilty of sin like others. She was among those whom Christ came to die for their sins. God is no respecter of persons. If Mary did not accept Christ as her personal Lord and saviour she would be languishing in hell. Please do away with the notion that she was conceived without 'original sin'. The Psalmist said, "behold I was shapen in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me
And [the angel Gabriel] came to [Mary] and said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!" But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God." (Luke 1:28-30). immaculate conception refers to the birth of mary while the virginal birth refers to that of Jesus. its among the 3 dogmas of the catholic church
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: Poster..I was asking a question..probably you think am part of your fold ......at least I wasn't threatened with hell fire.
He taught a prayer excluding his name and somewhere some other writer gave an account of how he told his followers to pray in his name....right . These writers lived in different times and their compilations sort of discrediting each other. " He lives in me and I in him ".......bitheism or polytheism......two Gods + the spirit....

Wen ppl can't reason beyond their existence and nature...
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Who was there wen Mary was "assumed" into heaven? Probably its an assumed assumption truly!

Or can u show it to us in the Bible??
its among the dogma teachings of the catholic church please try to look it up all our teachings are not based on the bible some cvome from this dogma.....By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by our own authority, we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.[23]
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: Poster..I was asking a question..probably you think am part of your fold ......at least I wasn't threatened with hell fire.
What are you saying? It is obvious you do not study your bible! What was the reason apostle Paul, Peter and James were persecuted? What is it not because they taught others to pray and teach in the name of Jesus? When Peter met the man at the gate of beautiful, what was the content of Peter's prayers? Did He pray in the name of Mary or to Mary? Was it not in the name of Jesus He prayed?

Many of you do not under yet, God has vested all of the powers in this age and in the age to come in the name of Jesus. That is why the devils flee when we pray in the name of Jesus and not by or through the name of Jesus.

You really need to study your bible and seek wisdom and understanding from the Holy Spirit
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by oluxy(m): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:

U must be dummy; who told u God is no respecter of person? Do u knw scripture at all? Does God grant request of Elijah n he was taken away,. If u dnt knw wht to say; shup up and go back to bible school.

When last did u go to church?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by bluerange(f): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Feast of Immaculate Conception is coming up soon, make una watch out.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
And [the angel Gabriel] came to [Mary] and said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!" But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God." (Luke 1:28-30). immaculate conception refers to the birth of mary while the virginal birth refers to that of Jesus. its among the 3 dogmas of the catholic church

Catholic Translation used.
True translation never said Mary was full of Grace
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
obillyj:

Bro. Victor has a testimony on his encounter in hell & heaven. He said during his tour with an angel in heaven, the angel pointed to a young lady busy doing sth and asked," do u know who that is?" he said No & the angel said "that is Mary, the mother of Jesus.people on earth are busy praying to her to intercede for them...." which she is not doing.

@dans, you made some point i don't quite agree with, 1) You said u go through d mother to INTERCEDE- if that is d case, then d death of Christ was in vain. d blood he shed for remission of sin is in vain.in d old testament there was shedding of animals blood for God 2 give d Israelites which was not strong enough.in d new testament God sent his only son to die.ever since he looks on the blood n has mercy on you &i unlike in d old when he would strike immediately. he is d atonement for our sin 1Jn 2:2. tell me is d blood of human born of woman strong enough to forgive & wash away sin? "I am the way......no one comes to the father except thru me. John 14:6" said by Jesus himself. Acts 4:12.

2) "Mary was specially conceived.....? who gave birth 2 Mary? was it Holy Ghost too? was Mary not born of woman? " for ALL have sinned.....Rom 3:23" every seed of woman was born in sin. Ps 51:5. God chose Mary cos she was very much available at d time he needed a vessel to carry d holy seed. being d mother did not guarantee her heaven i believe she worked out her salvation with fear n trembling n following d dictates of my bible it says no where she should be honored.

3)Mary was just a human born of woman like u n me. He is an available human vessel used by God & not some holy Ghost. don't forget human Mary was betrothed to Joseph.

let us base this argument on d scripture. bring ur point base on scripture.
My view is that Pastor Chris should not have talked the way he did. who gave him right to condemn another human.i do not judge either but try to relate what was said to the scripture. not everything that transpired was written down thou let's allow God be d judge.

im not a fan of all these people that say they died and went to either heaven or hell. I know that no man can see God and live.. mary was conceived without original sin even though she was born by st ann and st Joachim her parents. the dogma of the catholic church explains that the immaculate conception we all assume to be the birth of Jesus was actually that of Mary. while the virginal birth refers to Jesus and mary was not born like you and I she was SPECIAL
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ocelot2006(m): 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nope, the catholic denomination of christianity will not take you to heaven.........but I guess the jerry-curl making, divocee, jet-flying, superstar-overseer,skirt chasing church will...
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
oluxy: He himself, is he sure of getting to heaven b4 he start judging who go to heaven or not. He has forgotten his past?
I don't know wht is wrong with this so called pastor that often bring theirselves out like 8days babies. Must he mention church; can't he just past the msg without mentioning names. How long would Okotie keep fighting churches, not long he fought with Redeem baba, and also other churches..
I guess too forwardism has entangled with that man that he forgot thing can be done without stirring up fight.

And for those who are in support of him criticizing catholic that they are all going to hell, are u guess God or the one that sat upon the throne? Are u guys even sure of where u in particular would be on that day wheather hell or heaven, are u sure of where u will fall that u re judging.

May God forgives u and Okotie.

You are looking at the messenger rather than the message. My question to you is. Do you fall into the category of those who will go to hell as put by the bible? If yes, then in plead with you to repent of your ways and accept Jesus according to Romans10:8-11.

Also, why do you need an image of Mary to 'Honour' her? Why can't you honour her without an image?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
Read this and save your soul

www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/come_out.htm

www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/god_hates.htm
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Emyben(m): 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.

And why are the pictures/images of your general Overseer AKA Daddy pasted unto your cars,homes etc? You are worshiping them,right?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Catholic Translation used.
True translation never said Mary was full of Grace
Good you caught her! I just didn't want to get into the so called catholic bible... Just like Jehovah witness bible, but that is for another day.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Emyben(m): 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

You are looking at the messages rather than the message. My question to you is. Do you fall into the category of those who will go to hell as put by the bible? If yes, then in plead with you to repent of your ways and accept Jesus according to Romans10:8-11.

Also, why do you need an image of Mary to 'Honour' her? Why can't you honour her without an image?

And why are the pictures/images of your
general Overseer AKA Daddy pasted unto your
cars,homes etc? You are worshiping
them,right?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Samlocoo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
The question is "IS THAT THE REAL IMAGE OF MARY?" to me, it is an idol...
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
its among the dogma teachings of the catholic church please try to look it up all our teachings are not based on the bible some cvome from this dogma.....By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and by our own authority, we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.[23]

"all our teachings
are not based on the bible some cvome from this
dogma....."

Exactly and dats why dis thread is being created! So why are we arguin? It is Man made Dogma, no more no less! So stop arguin in vain!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nyabingi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
obayaya:

please shut up.. the borgias is a series set in the 15th century.. it reflected the times.. read my earlier Post on the dark ages Of the church...

the Catholic Church has moved on from that times.

and you see why you won't make a good researcher.. after seeing the burial parade of the knights of St. mulumba, did you make additional research on it.. google is your friend brother..

just like the knights of Old fight in defence of their kings and the kingdom, the knights in the church are men who will fight for the Church

you are wrong bro, i only made refference to the bogias brcause it gives u and other ignorant catholics a kind of insights to what goes on in the papalcy, and by the way the setting of the movie is irrelevant here cos ur church is knwn to hold on to traditions passed on through centuries example is the missal which must reflect globally, i did not just make my observations about the mulumba knite cos i have heard a former member confess, you only know of the parade but u dont know what goes on inside when the members process into the room where the body lies in state with doors locked. my parents got married in the catholic church, i was born, baptised, comfirmed, become an alter boy in the catholic church plus different leadership position but truth be said my brother i didn't xperirnce spiritual fulfolment, it was just pure religion there was no light in it, today we have all opted out and without regret, my father used to beat us kids brcause we attended pentecostals but he was the first to be baptised by imersion when he xperienced the God in Spirit and truth and the rest of the family followed and today i can gladly say we have no regrets!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by coonax(f): 9:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Eida u r catholic,pentecostal,apostolic,foursquarian,deeperlife,whitegarment,synagogue,adventist,baptist &CAC.my fellow brethren the day of judgement wil determine wu is a true believer,jst my opinion pls .give ur lif 2 christ shalom
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by helphelp: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
Honouring Mary....Never worshiping ...!

Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by MrsAwesome: 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

Wen ppl can't reason beyond their existence and nature...
Being irrational. You believe so much in the bible that you can't think outside the box...everything has to be explained with the bible even the origin of jets and computer age ...if it is not there then it is antichrist...you reasons with bible....let's do abstract thinking ...
How many Gods do you worship?
Can you categorically say that Catholics will all go to hell cos according to you they worship Mary?
Why do Christians threatens others with hell fires while professing that their God is a merciful father?
Do you know why Mahatma Gandhi said he likes Jesus but not his followers?
Will you go to heaven and what do you perceived heaven to be?.
Do you believe in the bible in It's entirety even the genocides, annihilations and all what not?
If you're told that everything that happened in the time of Jesus were not all in the bible ..will you accept?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.