Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54442 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by waldigit: 11:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans: i just don't get the beef with people and Catholics. im a proud catholic and loving it, and i seriously take no offense to whatever pastor Chris says. instead i will take an offense when someone says we aint worshiping God, where did you get such an idea from. but as a peace loving Catholic i am, i would pray for your souls and ask the good God to grant you pardon and pray its not to late for you.. peace be with you... smiley

In as much as I agree with you at the same time I ve got to tell you somethings are scripturally wrong with the doctrine of the church. It is only those of you in nigeria that are defending the church, if you interact with catholics outside Nigeria you get to know that they don't deny these basics doctrinal heresy. I am an insider to the church. My wife is a catholic.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by emmygod: 11:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
The problem of people is lack of knowledge and umderstanding of scripture. I resoect catholic teachings. When they say purgatory it means purge away my sins o lord. It can be seen in psalms. The critics ask where exactly is it written in bible but preach about RAPTURE. No word in bible is written as rapture but we believe in it by understanding the context of it. We all shall change in a twinkle of an eyes. My dear read Ist corithians chapter 3 vs .13 ::15 and see what is purgatory. Many other proof is in bible. Any sin man sinneth shall be forgiven but whoever sins against the holy spirit shall never be forgiven in this world and in the world to come. Then ask yourself the world to come where sins shall be forgiven. The impfect in man bbrings about purge of sin. Hell fire is for satan and his agents
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nattyGENT: 11:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chris okotie has finally beaten more than he (the small parasite can chew), there are better & humble ways to beg the RICH CATHOLICS to assist his Doomed association than to beg with stupidity. I thought these ENDTIME distractors (new generation pass-tors) have finished consulting the whole HOLY BIBLE & with the GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT before announcing how they are called, bt they are SO VERY EMPTY & SPIRITUALLY BLIND. ...Lack of employment ministries international incorporated... Chris okotie; THE ALMIGHTY GOD, JESUS CHRIST & THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY USE YOU TO PROVE A POINT SOON FOR THE WORLD TO KNOW, AMEN!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by deprince0(m): 12:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image. Be it in d likeness of beings in heaven, on earth, in d sea . Thou shall not bow down to them or worship them for the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquities of the fathers to their generation. Exodus 20. In the book of Acts 2, Mary the mother of Jesus was there in the upper room praying to Jesus for the comforter to come. Mana in Galilee. Mary commanded the people to obey the words of Jesus when the people came to her to speak Jesus concerning wine shortage. Mary responded, whatsoever he tells u, do it! Mary never approached Jesus on any wine issue but confirmed the word of God which says hitherto ye hath not asked. Ask, it shall given to. Seek ye shall find and knock, it shall be opened unto u. Ephesians 2:8 says that grace is a gift of God. Every catholic will go to hell, if they don't repent and change their ways. For God is not a man that he should lie neither is he a son that he should repent. Jesus christ said plainly on his first visit to the temple teaching. He was told that his mother and brethren are looking for him. Jesus answered and my mother and my brethren are those who listens to his teachings. Oh man, u ve no excuse! What shall u give in exchange for ur soul?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Onchiz(m): 12:04am On Dec 05, 2013
C
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by mypayne(m): 12:07am On Dec 05, 2013
Pastor Okotie was wrong to say that,he would have said that if they dnt repent,they will go to hell fire.Catholics are just like the shanhedrin in the bible,who claim they are the david. .They are still dependent on a weightless and old fact.(the are the first church,it was found upon the rock.Etc.)bt catholics are the worst people to blive another person that is not a catholic.They dont belive that 1Timothy 4:3 is a warning for their rev fathers.Exdos 2O:4,5. Leviticus 26:1,2 For all catholics.Ignorance,is worst enemy of man.More deadly than death.¤i noticed sumtin abt catholics,an average catholic dnt knw how to pray.Note there is nothing like pugatory.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nolia66(f): 12:08am On Dec 05, 2013
I'm proud 2 b catholic!!!if ure catholic n ure proud of ur faith,hit d like button.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nattyGENT: 12:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
So why then do you not honour David? Or Abraham through whom the "seed" came?
hmm! Mumu awak uto, your sinful , thief thief, cheat cheat etc mama and papa the Bible say make you honour dem to live long, how much more a SINLESS & BLESSED MARY that was assumed into Heaven.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by deprince0(m): 12:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The same church I go to get blessed and my life remains on an upward and forward only path. The truth is, even if some of you are taking to heaven, you would claim you saw devil there!

Go back and listen to Pastor Chris video on masturbation, and I am sure your understanding will be fruitful. All he explained was that masturbation as an act is not a sin. A man doe not sin because He masturbates, rather, a man sin because He goes against the Gods word.

That a man EATS a stolen bread does not make him a thief, rather that he STOLE the bread is what makes Him thief. Hopefully your understanding is simple,

Remember sin as defined in the bible is thus: whatsoever is not of faith, which workers by love is SIN.
My dear, u better run for ur dear life because where pope john paul is, that's where chris oyakhilome will be. Unless he repents.
When u eat a stolen bread, u r as good as a thief unless u ate it unaware of its source. Plz do not spill abomination glorifying satan by saying masturbation is not a sin but an act. I ask u, is that act for God or against God. I guess u must have heard about passive and active sin. U said whatsoever is not of faith is sin right? Now what is this faith u r talking about? I tell u dis. Faith without work is dead. When a man is in christ, old things are passed away behold all things are become new. The word of God is true. God hates sin and a sinner is an offence to God. God is a consuming fire and he hates effeminacy. Run for their life because u r as good as the catholic u condemn. Jesus is Lord.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by waldigit: 12:20am On Dec 05, 2013
ChickRockz: If you guys like,argue and rant until the world ends..The Catholic Church will still remain..It has been there for 2000 years and has shown no signs of failing..Members are still being born and are still coming in..We are still the biggest organization in the World..Still the richest organization in the World.We account for 60% of the World's population.I guess that's what's eating y'all up....there is just no denying the quality..As for me,I'm done trying to convince blockheads and ignoramuses..Bye Y'all..we'll live to argue another day..Catholic for Life! Peace

But how many percentage of the world will make heaven?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by deprince0(m): 12:24am On Dec 05, 2013
nattyGENT:
hmm! Mumu awak uto, your sinful , thief thief, cheat cheat etc mama and papa the Bible say make you honour dem to live long, how much more a SINLESS & BLESSED MARY that was assumed into Heaven.
Sir/ma, if u say that mary was/is sinless then u make God a liar who said all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by deprince0(m): 12:28am On Dec 05, 2013
Onchiz: heeeey....d catholic church dnt worship MARY they only pray 2 mary 2interceed 4them.since mary is d closest 2hiz son
My dear, u hv one intercessor and final high priest and he is Jesus Christ. Read hebrews 5,6,7,8,9,10. Mary is not mediator. Jesus said, come unto me all that labour and are heavy laddened and I will give u rest. Not to mary but to Jesus.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by deprince0(m): 12:29am On Dec 05, 2013
Onchiz: heeeey....d catholic church dnt worship MARY they only pray 2 mary 2interceed 4them.since mary is d closest 2hiz son
My dear, u hv one intercessor and final high priest and he is Jesus Christ. Read hebrews 5,6,7,8,9,10. Mary is not a mediator. Jesus said, come unto me all that labour and are heavy laddened and I will give u rest. Not to mary but to Jesus.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by waldigit: 12:48am On Dec 05, 2013
oche_ejemb: At the end of the day, its not any of us mortals that decides, whether or not one goes to Heaven.

But I find it ridiculous that some of you wake up and declare that the oldest form of Christianity, which traces its roots to the Bible itself, the ancient Church Jesus HIMSELF founded on the cross when he handed over to Peter, is bound to eternenity in Hell. How can you, a mere mortal, wake up and condemn over 1.3 billion Christians because they don't go to your jerry-curl church?

As Catholic Christians, we know we serve the Lord, we know who we pray to HIM and turn to in times of need. The same tripartite God as all other Christians, and thats why we are all Christians. If we our doctrine chooses to revere Mary as well, then I'd rather rever the mother of God, against some of you other doctrines who place even greater reverence to your Pastors and so called Men of God.

I wonder what a non-Christian will make off all this. Why should he become one, when the Christians themselves don't believe all of them will make it to Heaven, solely because of the church they decide to go to on Sunday. Shame on you all.

Yet Jesus Christ did not find any local assembly or denomination. Peter was murdered in Rome not as Pope but as an Apostle. Honestly I want to advise you pple to stop repeating this fact to other believers, it portrays you as pple with shallow knowledge of the scripture.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Datshyguy(m): 1:02am On Dec 05, 2013
Graceojomasule: D origin of catholic comes frm d rome and d pple brought abt illuminatic. To me they ar nt serving God.
so u ar saying if a son of an occultic repents n bcomes a xtian, he is stil a son of an ocultic n nt a xtian rite?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by juanmiguel: 1:35am On Dec 05, 2013
my payne: Pastor Okotie was wrong to say that,he would have said that if they dnt repent,they will go to hell fire.Catholics are just like the shanhedrin in the bible,who claim they are the david. .They are still dependent on a weightless and old fact.(the are the first church,it was found upon the rock.Etc.)bt catholics are the worst people to blive another person that is not a catholic.They dont belive that 1Timothy 4:3 is a warning for their rev fathers.Exdos 2O:4,5. Leviticus 26:1,2 For all catholics.Ignorance,is worst enemy of man.More deadly than death.¤i noticed sumtin abt catholics,an average catholic dnt knw how to pray.Note there is nothing like pugatory.
mayb u should go teach them how to pray. SMH!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ddeola: 1:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Chris Okotie again !
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by charlesazeh(m): 2:27am On Dec 05, 2013
Mary said Yes! to God when asked to be the mother of the Saviour, Jesus our Saviour took flesh in the womb of the Blessed Virgin.  This event is known as the Annunciation, when the Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary.
 Mary is also honoured because of her close relationship with Jesus.  Together with Joseph, she looked after him throughout his childhood.  It was at the request of Mary that Jesus performed his first miracle at Cana.
 Mary stood at the foot of the Cross with St. John.  As he was dying, Jesus said
“Son, behold your mother.  Woman behold your Son”
The Church teaches that John represents the Church and that Jesus was presenting Mary to the whole Church as our Mother.  There are early pictorial representations of Mary dating back to the first century, indicating the honour that the early Christians gave to Mary.  
 Mary leads us to her Son.  Often she is depicted in an icon holding the Baby Jesus and pointing to him.  She herself would not wish us to detract from her Son to whom she leads us.  Because she is the Mother of Jesus who is God, she deserves a special place in the beliefs held by Christians.  She is the Mother of the Church and therefore our Mother who can intercede for us. 
Mary was sinless from the moment her mother conceived her.  This is known as The Immaculate Conception and was declared a dogma in 1854.
Mary was a virgin before and after the birth of Jesus. 
Mary is the Mother of God because she is the Mother of Jesus who is God. The Council of Ephesus in 431 decreed that Christ was one person, divine and human and as Mary bore Christ, she was the Theotokos, God-bearer, the Mother of God. 
The Assumption into heaven.  At the end of her earthly life, Mary was taken up to heaven, body and soul.  As she was always without sin, this was a fitting thing to happen, rather than her body rot in the ground.   Declared a dogma in 1950. 

e author=dhensity]

lol see another confused person, honour to Mary, Glory to Jesus..smh, where in d bible was Mary said 2 be honoured..in d long run u stil worshiping her...

i knw my bible was explicit about it...about making any image with the likeness of things on heaven nd on earth!!! pls open ur eyes ok[/quote]
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:36am On Dec 05, 2013
Poor Nigerians. Slaves to a foreign religion and debating which is the "correct" one, as if they got a divine revelation from whatever god they worship. Battling over the correct interpretation of a man-made collection of shepherd tales they call the Bible. Of all the evils the colonial masters brought here, their religion is the greatest evil of all, turning the populace into brainwashed zombies. And yet, despite the proliferation of the million churches all proclaiming to be led by the "Holy Spirit" (whatever spirit it is must be a spirit of confusion), this hell hole of a country is as rotten and corrupt as is humanly possible. All this while the orginal foreign masters that brought you the shackles of their contrived religion have since broken free from the yoke of its captivity and embraced freedom.

What a pity. grin
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by bluebutton: 4:33am On Dec 05, 2013
I dont plunge into the details of any church's doctrine. The central idea is to get to heaven... how they go about it is their cross. criticism wont ensure a ticket. i have learnt one thing.... the catholics dont play with their doctrines as much as other new generation churches.
those people no dey play o!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by mustrule(m): 4:47am On Dec 05, 2013
LUKE: 1, 26-56
clans:
again im nt confused. when Mary went to visit Elizabeth when she was heavy with john the Baptist, the baby in her womb leaped with joy when he heard Mary's voice and then Elizabeth proclaimed "hence forth all ages shall call u blessed" its in the prayer the Catholics call the catena go look it up
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by WongFeiHong(m): 5:04am On Dec 05, 2013
The catholic church is the greatest SCAM dt i ve ever seen.From d bearer of d papal seat down 2 its parish priests,they r all LIARS.There is no organisation ever in this world dt is hell bent on teln lies.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 5:20am On Dec 05, 2013
[quote
author=deprince0]Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image. Be it
in d likeness of beings in heaven, on earth, in d sea . Thou shall not
bow down to them or worship them for the Lord thy God am a jealous God,
visiting the iniquities of the fathers to their generation. Exodus 20.
In the book of Acts 2, Mary the mother of Jesus was there in the upper
room praying to Jesus for the comforter to come. Mana in Galilee. Mary
commanded the people to obey the words of Jesus when the people came to
her to speak Jesus concerning wine shortage. Mary responded, whatsoever
he tells u, do it! Mary never approached Jesus on any wine issue but
confirmed the word of God which says hitherto ye hath not asked. Ask, it
shall given to. Seek ye shall find and knock, it shall be opened unto
u. Ephesians 2:8 says that grace is a gift of God. Every catholic will
go to hell, if they don't repent and change their ways. For God is not a
man that he should lie neither is he a son that he should repent. Jesus
christ said plainly on his first visit to the temple teaching. He was
told that his mother and brethren are looking for him. Jesus answered
and my mother and my brethren are those who listens to his teachings. Oh
man, u ve no excuse! What shall u give in exchange for ur soul?[/quote] y do u haf pics of ur luvd ones ,y do u ask ur pastors 2 pray 4 u?tink!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by CGKing(m): 5:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.

What are you talking about? That scripture does not apply here. What! How can u see people serving demons are restrain yourself quoting that scripture. The 10 commandments makes it clear, 'Thou shalt have no graven image nor worship it' yet the Catholics do and have also changed the commandment to suit. They worship Mary instead of God and in addition to that, that figurine of Mary is not even Mary at all but a roman goddess of fertility.

Abeg o bros.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Lovine: 6:49am On Dec 05, 2013
mister you just judged too. i rather u keep quiet than say things u aint sure off. biko!!! its called HONORING Mary not Worshipping

Yes by kneeling down and saying more prayers to her than to God. Hail Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners... does it sound like prayers or honor?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Jeel: 6:53am On Dec 05, 2013
God did not pick Mary because there was anything special about her. The Bible clearly says she was highly favored - not just favored. To be favored means to get something you don't deserve or merit. So Mary was not choosen because she was a virgin or because she had a special birth,for the Bible to say she was highly favored it simple means she highly did not deserve to be used so a high level of favor must be shown her.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Jeel: 6:57am On Dec 05, 2013
Mary does not deserve any more honor than the one I give to my mother anything more is idolatery. The true Mary herself will be highly disappointed that she has been made a mini god for HONOURING. She has been made a prayer warrior.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 05, 2013
Wonders of MARIJUANA!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Jeel: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Using the Roman Catholic dogma books to defend catholicism is lame. The Bible is the final authourity. And it clearly says no one should remove or add to it. Has the catholics not added to it by using their dogmas to support what they choose to believe instead of standing wholly on the Bible? Any addition no matter where it comes from is heresy
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Multcolor: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
you are very very wrong there, catholics don't worship MARY but honour her as the mother of God period
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Jeel: 7:15am On Dec 05, 2013
Where do you go to find the truth about life's most critical issues? There is only one source that will never mislead you, never deceive you or try to control you. It is Christ and His Word (John 14:6; 17:17). Jesus said: "If you abide in My word...you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:31-32). Free from what? Free from the bondage of religious deception. Knowledge of the truth is necessary to escape from the snare of the devil who holds people captive to do his will (2 Tim. 2:25-26). Satan uses deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ to blind people from the truth (2 Cor. 11:13-15). An example of this is how Rome falsely declares its Bishops to be successors of the "apostles of Christ." According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), "whoever listens to them is listening to Christ" (CCC, para. 862). The apostles had only two successors - Matthias who was chosen by the apostles and Paul who was chosen by Christ (Acts 9:1-19). Catholic bishops do not meet the qualifications for apostleship given in Acts 1:21-26. God warns us: "Do not trust in princes, in mortal man, in whom there is no salvation" (Psalm 146:3). Why the warning? Because "savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them" (Acts 20:29-30). In light of these warnings, a most critical question must be answered truthfully: Are you trusting Christ and His Word or man and his religious traditions?

Did you know there is only one way to be saved? God's Gospel is by grace through faith in one person (Eph. 2:8-9). The gift of eternal life is given freely to those who trust the eternal God incarnate - Jesus Christ - His virgin birth, His perfect life, His atoning death and His glorious resurrection (1 Cor. 15:1-4). The Lord Jesus is sufficient to save sinners completely and forever. Diametrically opposed to God's Gospel is the Catholic gospel which offers salvation through baptism. New born babes, who receive the sacrament of baptism, are said to be saved apart from personal faith in Jesus. The Catholic priest believes he is replacing the sovereign work of God by administering baptism. The sacrament "not only purifies all sins, but also makes the neophyte a new creature, an adopted son of God who has become a partaker of the divine nature, a member of Christ and co-heir with Him and a temple of the Holy Spirit" (CCC, 1257, 1265)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Jeel: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2013
waldigit :

In as much as I agree with you at the same time I ve got to tell you somethings are scripturally wrong with the doctrine of the church. It is only those of you in nigeria that are defending the church, if you interact with catholics outside Nigeria you get to know that they don't deny these basics doctrinal heresy. I am an insider to the church. My wife is a catholic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.