Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,094 members, 7,828,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54498 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Noneroone: Friend, i do not wish to judge but it will not be proper to allow you think we dont know what the catholic church represents. You just said you honour mary and not worship her, you are lying. Let me prove it :

A catholic church in my home town go with the name "most holy name of mary catholic church" the question is do you honour mary more than you worship our lord Jesus christ as the name clearly suggests?

The catholic church also claims that our Lord Jesus christ ascended into heaven while in the case of Mary it was assumption hence maria assumpta, assumption cathedral. Is making her equal with Christ part of the conventional honour you mean?

Finally the catholic church claim mary is the queen of heaven and call her regina caeli. Is this part of the ordinary honour you mean?

It is obvious all these lack scriptural foundation which is why Anglicans call them "Romish doctrines" that have nothing in common with Christianity. I surely will let you continue in them but we are not stupid for preaching against them as you wish to be impressed.
ahan na fight? y u go come say im lying anyway. I know most catholic church go by saints name, im just hearing the name you said for the first time try to find out why its called so, Mary's name is holy I agree. Mary's assumption is not same with the ascension of Jesus the word say it and besides Mary died but her body was assumed into heaven cos it wasn't found again, you don't expect the mother of our lord Jesus to corrupt in the soil like you and I. yes Mary is the queen of heaven and most of these teachings are from the dogma of the catholic church
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Catholic dogmas:
Binding Dogma to fiction and myths!
Fatima Aparitions!
A big hoax!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

again I asked for proof not explanation of the dogma...
y do u delibrately evade questions?
I don't deliberately evade questions ive told you before im nt a priest or a catechist and I rather keep quiet than to say what im nt sure of and ive told u before u have an ish with the catholic church
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by jayblinx(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans: i just don't get the beef with people and Catholics. im a proud catholic and loving it, and i seriously take no offense to whatever pastor Chris says. instead i will take an offense when someone says we aint worshiping God, where did you get such an idea from. but as a peace loving Catholic i am, i would pray for your souls and ask the good God to grant you pardon and pray its not to late for you.. peace be with you... smiley
and also with you bro.....lets lift it up to the lord....
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
Emyben:

And why are the pictures/images of your
general Overseer AKA Daddy pasted unto your
cars,homes etc? You are worshiping
them,right?
I suppose you think every Christian is into that. I am a member of Believer's LoveWorld aka Christ Embassy and I have not been taught neither have I learnt from the bible that I should stick stickers of my pastors in my car or house.

We are taught the word of God and we learn how to fellowship with the father through His word by His Holy Spirit.

Hence, I am questioning your stance on what you do in Catholic Church by asking you to give me scriptural proofs, not some washy washy Priest article.

If a man calls me a sinner, do I care? Yes, because I need to examine my ways by the light of Gods word. If the word of God then says yes I am a sinner by my actions, surely, I that she finality. Same I am asking of you concerning what Okotie said about the Catholic Church.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
oluxy:

U must be dummy; who told u God is no respecter of person? Do u knw scripture at all? Does God grant request of Elijah n he was taken away,. If u dnt knw wht to say; shup up and go back to bible school.

When last did u go to church?
o chi m, na me u give all this one to? na wah ooo.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
clans:
ahan na fight? y u go come say im lying anyway. I know most catholic church go by saints name, im just hearing the name you said for the first time try to find out why its called so, Mary's name is holy I agree. Mary's assumption is not same with the ascension of Jesus the word say it and besides Mary died but her body was assumed into heaven cos it wasn't found again, you don't expect the mother of our lord Jesus to corrupt in the soil like you and I. yes Mary is the queen of heaven and most of these teachings are from the dogma of the catholic church
Where in the bible were you told there were queens in heaven? Heaven reigns with KINGS, because that is where the KING of all kings dwells.

It is obvious from much of what has been discussed tonight on here that lots of the teachings in catholic doctrines are not scriptural!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Larrygr8t: 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2013
Chris, na who send you?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by MrsAwesome: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What are you saying? It is obvious you do not study your bible! What was the reason apostle Paul, Peter and James were persecuted? What is it not because they taught others to pray and teach in the name of Jesus? When Peter met the man at the gate of beautiful, what was the content of Peter's prayers? Did He pray in the name of Mary or to Mary? Was it not in the name of Jesus He prayed?

Many of you do not under yet, God has vested all of the powers in this age and in the age to come in the name of Jesus. That is why the devils flee when we pray in the name of Jesus and not by or through the name of Jesus.

You really need to study your bible and seek wisdom and understanding from the Holy Spirit
I don't study what I don't believe in...I like Jesus..Mary...the after death prayers of the Catholics..at least somebody got your back when you're gone...cos I've never been on the other side and neither you too ...so instead of believing completely on a 2000 year old book..I'd rather face the reality of what is to come and my envisioned picture of Christ that I like. Nobody knows whether praying for the dead works or not unless you've been dead before but I like the notion...it's a personal choice....
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Stallione(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Grace u shld seek 4psychiatric assistance,dat is just wot u need lately,you urself is sure of making heaven n ua critising wot has been b4 u were born.Do u realize that the most holy person in heaven is a muslim woman according 2a revelation,pls stop embarassing urself here.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: Being irrational. You believe so much in the bible that you can't think outside the box...everything has to be explained with the bible even the origin of jets and computer age ...if it is not there then it is antichrist...you reasons with bible....let's do abstract thinking ...
How many Gods do you worship?
Can you categorically say that Catholics will all go to hell cos according to you they worship Mary?
Why do Christians threatens others with hell fires while professing that their God is a merciful father?
Do you know why Mahatma Gandhi said he likes Jesus but not his followers?
Will you go to heaven and what do you perceived heaven to be?.
Do you believe in the bible in It's entirety even the genocides, annihilations and all what not?
If you're told that everything that happened in the time of Jesus were not all in the bible ..will you accept?

If anyone can't think outside of the box here, its u, am nt d one who talks abt "bitheism or polytheism"...u are! and d reason u come to dis conclusion is because u wanna use ur human nature to explain God's. U actually can't picture a "God" with a nature u can't fully grasp! That's why u concluded with such earlier on! So stop rantin abt me believin d Bible, and I dnt care what Gandhi said, he meant nothin to me, if he likes let him hate Jesus and love his followers!

And again I accept the Bible wholly! from A-Z!
And u talking abt me accepting that not everythin that happened during the time of Jesus is in the Bible; this is not topic of debate. The Bible made it clear that it isn't exhaustive on the life of Jesus, so what ur point?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clans(f): 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Where in the bible were you told there were queens in heaven? Heaven reigns with KINGS, because that is where the KING of all kings dwells.

It is obvious from much of what has been discussed tonight on here that lots of the teachings in catholic doctrines are not scriptural!

ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I suppose you think every Christian is into that. I am a member of Believer's LoveWorld aka Christ Embassy and I have not been taught neither have I learnt from the bible that I should stick stickers of my pastors in my car or house.

We are taught the word of God and we learn how to fellowship with the father through His word by His Holy Spirit.

Hence, I am questioning your stance on what you do in Catholic Church by asking you to give me scriptural proofs, not some washy washy Priest article.

If a man calls me a sinner, do I care? Yes, because I need to examine my ways by the light of Gods word. If the word of God then says yes I am a sinner by my actions, surely, I that she finality. Same I am asking of you concerning what Okotie said about the Catholic Church.
But you have been taught to masturbate to the glory of the lawd.smh
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by MrsAwesome: 9:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
dejilg:

If anyone can't think outside of the box here, its u, am nt d one who talks abt "bitheism or polytheism"...u are! and d reason u come to dis conclusion is because u wanna use ur human nature to explain God's. U actually can't picture a "God" with a nature u can't fully grasp! That's why u concluded with such earlier on! So stop rantin abt me believin d Bible, and I dnt care what Gandhi said, he meant nothin to me, if he likes let him hate Jesus and love his followers!

And again I accept the Bible wholly! from A-Z!
And u talking abt me accepting that not everythin that happened during the time of Jesus is in the Bible; this is not topic of debate. The Bible made it clear that it isn't exhaustive on the life of Jesus, so what ur point?

Typical Christian. Atheism is becoming more appealing as the days go by.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by drng: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Who is past okotie to judge? Why is he passing judgement on the catholics? Is NT that he has a perfect life o. A divorcee twice ,a failed politician. Pls remove wat is in ur eyes b4 judging others
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Where in the bible is sola bible taught? Where in the bible was it taught that pasytors should perm their hairs?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by farem: 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
fragil gal: Church can't take u to heaven not even u pastor okotie,stop criticizing and pray hard u make heaven too[color=#990000][/color]!
WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE (THE ATONING SACRIFICE OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH ON THE CROSS} IT IS NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST Ephes 2:8-9
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: Typical Christian. Atheism is becoming more appealing as the days go by.

Do u have any other escape route? I haven't been convinced u have read the Bible for studyin it sake, only for criticism! Yet u stumble at it!
Infact atheism can be delicious to u, I cudnt careless...u have been evangelized, its left to u to see...or not
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: I don't study what I don't believe in...I like Jesus..Mary...the after death prayers of the Catholics..at least somebody got your back when you're gone...cos I've never been on the other side and neither you too ...so instead of believing completely on a 2000 year old book..I'd rather face the reality of what is to come and my envisioned picture of Christ that I like. Nobody knows whether praying for the dead works or not unless you've been dead before but I like the notion...it's a personal choice....
Oh dear, you cannot claim to like Jesus and write these things you just said! No wonder the bible said this.... Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have BOLDNESS on the day of judgment! If your envisioned picture of Christ is not gotten from the bible, then perhaps, idolatry has set in.

What business do you or I have praying for the dead expect that we want to raise them to life again? If I speak words of prayers to the dead, of what purpose is it be it they are DEAD and gone? This shows you how warped what you have been believing really is! But to Christ Jesus we pray in His name because He Himself said we should and that is how the father will hear us when we speak to the Father. This is why when we set to pray, we go thus : Father in the name of Jesus. When we do so, it is as though Jesus himself was speaking to the father in our place.

Like I said, get you self a study bible. Take a day off work, set the bible at your dinning table, knee down and just say this prayer:
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank you for the wisdom that comes by your word and the understanding thereof through your Holy Spirit. As I read and study your word, I thank you, because my understanding is fruitful and I gain insight into your truth. Your word, abba father, says, through knowledge shall the just be delivered into their inheritance, I am grateful because Christ is my wisdom and knowledge even as I pray that you teach me your truth by your holy spirt as I study this morning like never before I ask in the name of Jesus.

Then meticulously begin to study John chapter 1 and walk your way through the reminder of the bible. I am sure your understanding will be fruitful and you will know truly the joy of the fellowship of the father by the Holy Ghost.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Aboluwarin: 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thou shall not bow for any image, what about holy Mary that the catholic do bow for, is dat not idol?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by DonnaJocasta(f): 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
No one has Ƨ̷̜ђƸ̵ right 2 judge xcept God cus we r mere mortals,,,,,,,on de day of judgement who will ask U̶̲̥̅̊ Ƨ̷̜ђƸ̵ name of ur church,,,,,,so Mr Preacher ur primary concern should be how u'll make heaven,,,,,,,,,n leave Ƨ̷̜ђƸ̵ rest 4 God,,,,,,,,,,,I'm out!!!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:
But you have been taught to masturbate to the glory of the lawd.smh
I know you from the Politics section of NL, so like the bible says, by their fruits we shall know them. Beware.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
farem:
WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE (THE ATONING SACRIFICE OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH ON THE CROSS} IT IS NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST Ephes 2:8-9

Do I sense the useless dogma of onced saved,always saved here?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
I RECOMMEND THIS MAN TAKES CARE OF HIE JOYSTICK FIRST BEFORE MOUNTING THE PULPITI RECOMMEND THIS MAN TAKES CARE OF HIE JOYSTICK FIRST BEFORE MOUNTING THE PULPITI RECOMMEND THIS MAN TAKES CARE OF HIE JOYSTICK FIRST BEFORE MOUNTING THE PULPIT
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Kamsy10: I RECOMMEND THIS MAN TAKES CARE OF HIE JOYSTICK FIRST BEFORE MOUNTING THE PULPITI RECOMMEND THIS MAN TAKES CARE OF HIE JOYSTICK FIRST BEFORE MOUNTING THE PULPITI RECOMMEND THIS MAN TAKES CARE OF HIE JOYSTICK FIRST BEFORE MOUNTING THE PULPIT
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ocheejemb: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
At the end of the day, its not any of us mortals that decides, whether or not one goes to Heaven.

But I find it ridiculous that some of you wake up and declare that the oldest form of Christianity, which traces its roots to the Bible itself, the ancient Church Jesus HIMSELF founded on the cross when he handed over to Peter, is bound to eternenity in Hell. How can you, a mere mortal, wake up and condemn over 1.3 billion Christians because they don't go to your jerry-curl church?

As Catholic Christians, we know we serve the Lord, we know who we pray to HIM and turn to in times of need. The same tripartite God as all other Christians, and thats why we are all Christians. If we our doctrine chooses to revere Mary as well, then I'd rather rever the mother of God, against some of you other doctrines who place even greater reverence to your Pastors and so called Men of God.

I wonder what a non-Christian will make off all this. Why should he become one, when the Christians themselves don't believe all of them will make it to Heaven, solely because of the church they decide to go to on Sunday. Shame on you all.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by MrsAwesome: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Oh dear, you cannot claim to like Jesus and write these things you just said! No wonder the bible said this.... Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have BOLDNESS on the day of judgment! If your envisioned picture of Christ is not gotten from the bible, then perhaps, idolatry has set in.

What business do you or I have praying for the dead expect that we want to raise them to life again? If I speak words of prayers to the dead, of what purpose is it be it they are DEAD and gone? This shows you how warped what you have been believing really is! But to Christ Jesus we pray in His name because He Himself said we should and that is how the father will hear us when we speak to the Father. This is why when we set to pray, we go thus : Father in the name of Jesus. When we do so, it is as though Jesus himself was speaking to the father in our place.

Like I said, get you self a study bible. Take a day off work, set the bible at your dinning table, knee down and just say this prayer:
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank you for the wisdom that comes by your word and the understanding thereof through your Holy Spirit. As I read and study your word, I thank you, because my understanding is fruitful and I gain insight into your truth. Your word, abba father, says, through knowledge shall the just be delivered into their inheritance, I am grateful because Christ is my wisdom and knowledge even as I pray that you teach me your truth by your holy spirt as I study this morning like never before I ask in the name of Jesus.

Then meticulously begin to study John chapter 1 and walk your way through the reminder of the bible. I am sure your understanding will be fruitful and you will know truly the joy of the fellowship of the father by the Holy Ghost.
you don't get it. The same Idolatory and hell fire threat....I like Muhammad, mahatma gandh, Jesus..etc..studying them makes my life meaningful...so stop wasting your prayers.. people have a structured way of life ...accept them the way they are for peaceful coexistence.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I know you from the Politics section of NL, so like the bible says, by their fruits we shall know them. Beware.

Is that not a teaching from your jerry curl masturbation teaching pastor? Is masturbation not allowed in your church? I have attended few prayer meetings of the Christ embassy church and I bet you that is the most carnal church in Nigeria.Their ladies are too worldly and wear the skimpiest of attires to church.You would not even though whether you are in a church or a night club
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
oche_ejemb: At the end of the day, its not any of us mortals that decides, whether or not one goes to Heaven.

But I find it ridiculous that some of you wake up and declare that the oldest form of Christianity, which traces its roots to the Bible itself, the ancient Church Jesus HIMSELF founded on the cross when he handed over to Peter, is bound to eternenity in Hell. How can you, a mere mortal, wake up and condemn over 1.3 billion Christians because they don't go to your jerry-curl church?

As Catholic Christians, we know we serve the Lord, we know who we pray to HIM and turn to in times of need. The same tripartite God as all other Christians, and thats why we are all Christians. If we our doctrine chooses to revere Mary as well, then I'd rather rever the mother of God, against some of you other doctrines who place even greater reverence to your Pastors and so called Men of God.

I wonder what a non-Christian will make off all this. Why should he become one, when the Christians themselves don't believe all of them will make it to Heaven, solely because of the church they decide to go to on Sunday. Shame on you all.
It is so easy to write length letters, simply prove to us from the bible that your are doing is scriptural and of sound doctrine! The devil is as old as the earth, yet no truth remains In Him!

Also, you need to understand that there is the difference between Catholic and Roman Catholic. catholic means Universal, hence when you say Catholic Christian, you are implying Universal Christian which really does not make sense. It is either you are a Christian or not. As far as I know, your doctrine will find you out when the time is ripe.

Why is it hard for you to search the bible for yourself and find out what is in it, examine what your church is teaching you and see if it agrees with what you are learning from your personal study of the bible. If not, maybe you need to evaluate your ways again.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
chukwudi44:

Is that not a teaching from your jerry curl masturbation teaching pastor? Is masturbation not allowed in your church? I have attended few prayer meetings of the Christ embassy church and I bet you that is the most carnal church in Nigeria.Their ladies are too worldly and wear the skimpiest of attires to church.You would not even though whether you are in a church or a night club

Wow! Tell me abt the meetings? Hw many girls have u caught so far? wink
chukwudi44:

Wow! Tell me abt the meetings? Hw many girls have u caught so far?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Aghans(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
My dear we dnt worship mary, we only honour her, it is a sin 2 worship her. pls if u dnt understand any thing ask before saying wat u dnt kw.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by OmoTier1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mrs Awesome: you don't get it. The same Idolatory and hell fire threat....I like Muhammad, mahatma gandh, Jesus..etc..studying them makes my life meaningful...so stop wasting your prayers.. people have a structured way of life ...accept them the way they are for peaceful coexistence.
It does not have to be fire fire, it was only a suggestion. If you care, give it a try and I guarantee you, your morning will be like the dew of dawn and the reminder of your days like the bliss of the skies.

I never said you should not like, neither am I asking you to alter your structured way of life. It was only a suggestion, and perhaps a self reflection.

Any man who thinks there will be peace is at war!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.