Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies (37204 Views)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by articulate2013: 8:29am On Dec 04, 2013
Hello House,

I just got this mail that has been circulating within quarters at Huawei Technologies.
Kindly read through and express your view.

Thanks

Subject: ILL TREATMENT OF HUAWEI OUTSOURCED STAFF

Dear Sirs,
This is to bring to your notice the terrible attitude of Huawei
Technologies Company management in Nigeria towards their staff, especially
on the Airtel Managed Service.
There is a limit to which every human being can be pushed before he
pushes back. We have been pushed to that point and now we will push back
hard, so hard that it will result to a diplomatic issue.
We will list some of our reasons for vexing and hope the well meaning
people, that are still uncontaminated within the management level will take
this up.
Why should Huawei give an FME forty sites to maintain? This sites include
Airtel, Etisalat, MTN and Visafone. How do they expect the FME to be
efficient? We are also certain that the Customers are not aware about this.
This engineers work round the clock, without any form of incentive, risking
their lives even at night for a company that shows no sympathy. Many have
died on duty without any form of compensation. Today we say enough is
enough!
Early this year, the FMEs were FORCED to buy smart phones from Huawei
Technologies (a company we supposedly work for) through the (Huawei owned)
outsourced companies namely Rutotech, Lighting Networks and Qualiserve.
The cost of these phones were deducted from our salaries. Which kind of
company does that?
The worst of the victims are the Airtel NOC staff. The working conditions
are so poor that a seven months old baby was forced out of her mother's
womb prematurely (Her name is Fortune Longjohn). We work for forty eight
hours (48hrs) a week which is against Nigerian Labor Law, yet we do not get
any shift allowance. Like Mr Sunil Gupta (an indian) has boasted in the
past that the Nigerian Labour is on Huawei's payroll. Soon, we will find
out how true it is.
Some of the staff have worked for almost 3years and earn less than those
who have worked for just few months. The salary you earn in the NOC is
based on the "connection" you have. Imagine someone earns N100,000, while
another earns N300,000 doing the same job - Injustice!
One of the worst management "racist" decision is replacing Mr. Francis
Agbodike (a seasoned profession with vast international experience) with
the likes of R.S Tomar and Anicho Ogbonnaya. These two men, Tomar and
Anicho are far from being professionals, they take on personal vendetta on
staff, they know little or nothing about the job. It was only Agbodike that
brought Airtel Network outage to a single digit count. But because he is
outspoken against the injustice in the NOC, he was booted out.
Mr Tomar has once said that even if we do not want to work, there is a long
queue of people willing to take our jobs for a smaller salary. This
statement is highly demoralizing for people who give their lives to the
network. We work on a 48hr shift per week, public holidays and weekends
still yet we are not appreciated.

We are therefore calling on Airtel Nigeria Management to look into the
matter. We are not happy and will not want to seek the option of sabotaging
the network. We can and will choose that course of protest if this ill
treatment continues.

Also We are calling on the Huwei Management in China, The CEO Guo Ping, The
Founder Ren Zhengfei and Chairwoman - board of directors Sun Yafang. Please
call to order your staff in Nigeria.

We are also calling to the Chinese High Commission in Nigeria to use your
good office to bring sanity into this injustice.

We are also calling on the Nigeria Labour Congress, you have been accused
of gross corruption, this is the time to salvage yourself and rescue your
people from modern slavery in Huawei Technologies.

Finally We call on Mr Tony Ojobo, Director Public Affairs of the NCC and
Dr. Eugene Juwah the Executive Vice Chairman of the NCC. Huawei
Technologies should be investigated and then properly regulated.

We do not believe in violence, but if this issues are not addressed soon,
we might have to bring down the network. AND THIS IS NOT AN EMPTY THREAT.
Thank You.

Dignity Of Labour In Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Mannastoress: 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Moderator - Front Page
@op you will surely get justice once this post makes front page
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by DisGuy: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
AND THIS IS NOT AN EMPTY THREAT

NAIJA SABI THREAT EH
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by obivan: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
I used to work w huawei. Trust me its inhumane.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Xtaceeey: 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2013
Ok.

And to think I just applied by sending my cv.

Ok but wait...

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Jpreyz(m): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Too bad
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by hustla(m): 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
To think I have been wanting to buy that huawei ascend p6
Are they mad?
Make we riot jor!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Influence01: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
grin click like if you think things would be better grin
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by bumdish: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Op, sorry about the pain, but I do not see anything that reflects differently from what many workers endure across so many industries and companies in this our obodo naija.

Is it the rate of hire and fire going-on on daily basis in the banking industry or the peanut 17,000 minimum wage government is paying? Go and check the last time many one-man businesses paid their employees or is it the N5,000 salary many private school owners dash their teachers in the name of salaries. Do you even know the extent of child slavery being perpetuated across homes in the guise of house-helps in this our very own Nigeria?

It is a joke to expect the Nigerian government to come to your aid when the government itself is unable to honor a simple agreement that has kept the lecturers at home for over 5 tortuous months. Bros, do you not need to ask about the faith of millions of pensioners or recently laid off PHCN staffs.

My brother, no need to throw tantrum, it wouldn't amount to much. Go to the balcony if you think the kitchen is too hot. This is not individualistic, it is common sense. How many of such outburst has yielded good fruits?

Tell me one company where there is no office politics and where people get paid for every extra hours they put in? Ask your banker friend the number of hours on his employment letter, the number of hours he works and how much they regularly credit his account with overtime.

I do not know anything about Mr. Francis Agbodike but I can tell you that you need far more than aptitude to get going at a place of work and besides, nothing can be more false than saying only Mr. Francis Agbodike achieved the single digit thingy you mentioned. He must have subordinates and superiors that worked with him. There must be a secretary and a driver in that office, someone must have updated his payroll figures. He didn't do it alone, everyone contributed.

Modification: To those who continue to miss my point.
Expecting that the quality of ethics the Asian man coming to build the Nissan factory or the European degrading your ecosystem in the Niger Delta with no regards to sanity click here to see or the winner-takes-it-all practices of your bank CEOs will be better than the dictates of conscience of your government and its ruling class is like barking up the wrong tree.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by CHAIRMAN1(m): 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by stano2(m): 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
that is really a bad way to treat workers..CORRUPTION
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by MamaKs: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Its quite unfortunate that the chinese are finding it difficult to differentiate between nigerians and robots

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by lastmessenger: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Never pray to work for a chinese or indian company.they can be very mean

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by lastmessenger: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Never pray to work for a chinese or indian company.they can be very mean.@op my prayer is that u get justice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by dotna(m): 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
It is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by queenataba(f): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Outside our home we r treated as slaves in our own land we r also maltreated wht a shame. Labour unions across board this is the time to act and act fast. Pity
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
And some idiots on here will start defending these Asian bosses
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by LadyH(f): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hmmmm..... I hope they get their justice.

diz fin bout asians formin BOSS in our own country gotta stop.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by ejifranks(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
From the little experience I had with one hauwei indian supervisor and his surbodinates lodging at the same hotel i was lodged in late last year at calabar, I believe this report in toto.. Mehn those guys were treated like mere slaves by the indian..our labour unions must do somthing about this..

In other news

Enjoy new GO and DIE music!! jam of life

https://www.nairaland.com/1541612/new-music-go-die-tne

http:///ubig3el2jbb4
Sweet music
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by zopaks: 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
That's unfair
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
This is so inhuman we re nt robots 4 cryin out loud. were is Labour n the Nigerian Gov
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by oluagness(m): 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
High tech slavery, may God deliver us.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Lifebender(m): 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
So those semi white m0n..key now treat the son of the land with disrespectLabour union should take that up. undecided
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Codedrock(m): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by bighorlus(m): 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
My younger brother works with that company.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
Most private organisations in Nigeria screw their staff. Be it education, telecom or health sector. You need to see how private school Proprietors/Proprietress stress their staff before giving them small change as salary.
This ill-treatment is happening cos the government sef don't give a damn! They are the greatest punisher.
Last Bullet:
When Nigeria get it right from the President to the ward Councillors, even private sectors owners ll v a good sense of belonging toward their staff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
long hissss.......
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Godson32(m): 10:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sorry for ill treatment but 48hrs a week is not bad,I work on site,we work 11hrs a day including saturday & sundays,total for the week is 77hrs,if u complained to the management they will tell u that if u resign,many people are waiting to take ur job...there is no work anywhere,although I pray for improve condition of work. Just take heart,hope for the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by D3xt3r: 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2013
I have friends who work with hauwei, airtel and other chinese/Indian companies. You cannot understand what they are going through until you r in their shoe. But who is to blame? the man who traveled thousands of kilometers to ''create'' jobs in another country or the fool who stole the fruit of our labor and traveled the opposite direction to do nothing meaning with the money. Until we truly fight corruption many will be nothing but slaves in their fatherland.. undecided cry

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by wazobia55: 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
labour useless die, they sell out theirs for a pot of rice

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff / NIIT: Are They Worth It? / After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.